Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,533 members, 7,770,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:12 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8046291 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (6952) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by biddiebest: 10:49am On Apr 04, 2012
Hi Preggies in d house,

Does anyone have muscle pull at night cos i now av it almost everynight, experienced same in my first preg, want to know if it's a general occurrence in pregnancy.............
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by biddiebest: 11:00am On Apr 04, 2012
@ OSIKHUEME Congrats on d safe delivery of ur LO, d Lord is ur strength.......
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afrobaby(f): 12:01pm On Apr 04, 2012
Hello preggies in d house, I just wanna add a few words, bleeding weeks after an evacuation most times can not be termed normal. Someone close to me had an evacuation of a supposed 2 months preg and bleeded for like 40 days. She went for an uss wia she was told dia were stillsome particles in her womb, she went back to her doctor who told her that according to d scan report, d particles remaining is so minute that it doesnt call for another evac, she was given antibiotics, the bleeding continued. U know how one feels after loosing a long awaited preg, she had to contact another doctor who told her he wud need to take her back to the theatre to confirm if da is still a need for another evac, lo and behold, a small portion of the placenta was still in her and d doctor confirmed that dia is no way the body can flush out that, she had to be evacuated again. Please and please, for our health's sake, let's not always take somethings as normal, dia is no crime seeking opinion from another doctor asides one's doctor.
Goodnews, the Lady is pregnant again now

Lest I forget, please house, which hospital is better for antenatal, private or general and at what week/month is best to start? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 1:07pm On Apr 04, 2012
@ Afrobaby, yu can start as early as 4 weeks. No set time. Abroad it is a bit different but here in Naija anytime is ok. I saw 7 weeks gone people in the antenatal room during my first. As for best hospital, it is different for everyone. It will be difficult to use a hospital on the island if you stay in Egbeda and vice versa. Just ask around maybe ur office or friends and find what they use.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ib(f): 2:23pm On Apr 04, 2012
Osikhueme and Dudugirl.....a massive congratulations on the birth of your cuties....i have goosebumps reading the stories of your birthing experience. i'm 37 weeks on saturday and the way the baby is jerking in my tummy plus the period-like cramps at nights, i just pray i dont go into labour soon cos im so not ready for the baby yet. I need suggestions for english names for boy or girl cos i didnt check the sex...thanks loves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afrobaby(f): 3:32pm On Apr 04, 2012
@blank, thx
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by demmykay: 6:31pm On Apr 04, 2012
Hello moms in d house, still in my early stage of preg, hav lost appetite only manage to eat say once a day, drink alot of liquid. Now am expericing stomach pain nd immediately after i manage to take anytin i rush to d toilet. Pls is dis normal? Cos am now scare of takin anytin so as to reduce d number of times i visit d loo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cuteruth(f): 7:44pm On Apr 04, 2012
@demmykay, how many weeks are u in, during my early stage though I was having period like pains and th. e cal it Implantation. If the Pain is too much kindly Visit the Hospital. And Pls take Enough Fruits, Water and Reat Well. We Shall all Deliver Safely.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 9:06pm On Apr 04, 2012
@ diamond it will pass, by the time you ge tto secound trimester, you will begin to feel better
@Uwani low bp is very normal in first trimester,trust me better low than high, as the pregnancy progress and the blood volume increase in the mother it can go up
@afro baby I have heard of placenta staying in after a d&c it happens, but usually with such things their is often pain associated with it and also a bad odour, thats why i initially asked if she had any of those symptoms, non the less if in doubt get a secound doc opinion, the poster also said she had another scan and all was clear, at times even int eh absense of a d&c woman can bleed for no reason @ all, the human body is so complex omg.
@IB we waiting on you mommy, I think for a boy Michael is a great name it means "who is like g-d", for a girl i like the name Amanda.
@demmy well people have running stomach all the time, you just need to make sure that you dont get dehydrated, so you need to drink a lot of water and also take your vitamins. ALSO try eating small frequent meals. Can you describe the pain you feel, is it constant, every now and then, is it sharp pain, dull etc.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 04, 2012
Thanks agiboma.
We are located in London UK
My wife is on labetalol.
Regarding Ante natal, we are looking to start ASAP.
I will tell her about your suggestion for her to try sleeping on her left side also smiley

agiboma: @GB congrats and thanks for joining us. OK high BP in pergnancy is scary it has many indications for both mom and baby, i developed high BP which progressed to pre eclamsia in my pregnancy with my son. It is good that your wife is on medication, i took lebetalol, i am not sure if its available in Nigeria.

1.) Where are you located, because with high bp both mom and baby need to be monitored very closely. I only know of places in Port Harcourt, that can monitor high risk pregnancies.
2.) She will need frequent scans, depending on the bp numbers can be 1-2 times a week.
3.) She should start antenatal ASAP. Make sure to get lots of rest as it helps to reduce the blood pressure, sleep on the left hand side it is also suppose to help.
4.) You can even buy her a bp monitor so you know when its a bit high i used to take my bp 2 times daily, the machine should cost about naira 8000
5.) I would also try to get in touch with a high risk OBGYN that is fully aware on how to treat high bp in pregnancy and the implications

All in all g-d is faithful and he will see your family through
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 10:58pm On Apr 04, 2012
Hi all,just stopped by to say hi,I've been super busy with my honey bunny, went for first immunization today, also got her ears pierced.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 1:18pm On Apr 05, 2012
@GB that is great you are in UK, ask them to transfer your care to a high risk doctor, we specialize in dealing with pregnant woman who have pre pregnancy hypertension. Its good because they usually got great NNICU and the antenatal care you will receive from one of these doctors is different from a regular OBGYN.
@dudugirl, i bet little mommy looking real sweet with those pierced ears grin

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afrobaby(f): 1:51pm On Apr 05, 2012
@agiboma, I quite agree wit u, am not a medical person, only said from a friend's experience. May i ask, isit still normal to still have lost appetite at 12 weeks, and still feel like vomitting after eating or even when brushing one's teeth
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by demmykay: 4:26pm On Apr 05, 2012
@cuteruth tanks and amen. @ agiboma the pain is not sharp nd constant. Feels d pain immediately i eat even if its tea i took. Feel a liitle relieve today nd now taking pregnacare. Tanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by biddiebest: 5:39pm On Apr 05, 2012
@ Afrobaby, d lost of appetite, throwing up after meal or when brushing in d morning is normal, every preg is unique, never really experience too much of this in my 1st preg, but with dis, my dear it's not been funny, told my Doc, said can't compare pregnancies, they come with their uniqueness, all the same i ll advise u speak with your Gyne...
Pele,d Lord is ur strength
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 05, 2012
Thanks agiboma.
very good advice.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 6:17pm On Apr 05, 2012
@afrobaby yes it is normal for some women as ecah pregnancy is different their really is no "norm" in relation to things such as moning sickness which can actually happen @ anytime in teh day i usually got it in the night, nausea and vomitting etc, is really specific to the individual and some expereince it up to the end of first tri others have it the entier pregnancy shocked
@demmy sound like indigestion or heartburn, do you eat a lot of pepper?
@gb yw
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 11:17pm On Apr 06, 2012
Baby is sleeping, so, I can just check whatsup, oooops, she just woke up, will check later

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 7:25pm On Apr 07, 2012
welcome to the world of mohterhood, my son is 20 months and he still does not sleep through the night wink

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 7:46pm On Apr 07, 2012
My baby has been stooling since thursday, took her to the hospital and doctor says its ok, I'm worried, what could be the problem?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dbty(m): 8:48pm On Apr 07, 2012
doofanc: How does pregnancy occur?
am about 3weeks preginant and i need advice on how to care for the pregenancy. I also need drug to treat piles and costipation.thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pamperme: 10:41pm On Apr 07, 2012
Congrats Dudugirl
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 2:37am On Apr 08, 2012
@dudugirl what colour is the stool? How many poopy diapers is she having in a day?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 2:39am On Apr 08, 2012
@dbty congrats and welcome, have you seen your doctor about the issues. Where are you located?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 4:55am On Apr 08, 2012
Like 4 or 5 and the stool is yellow in color
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 6:25pm On Apr 08, 2012
@dudugirl, it seems fine to me At the 6-8th day, bowel movements should be around 2-5 a day and around 6-8 wet diapers a day. The colour of the stool is fine for a breastfeed baby
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 6:28pm On Apr 08, 2012
@ afrobaby I where are you located i dont know of any hospitals or clinics in Lagos, I only know of good ones in PH. I am hoping to start a directory and attach to this thread of places that are providing good care, In all areas of the country.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dbty(m): 7:03pm On Apr 08, 2012
agiboma: @dbty congrats and welcome, have you seen your doctor about the issues. Where are you located?
thank you.
we saw A Doctor,a test was done and He confirmed it Positive.He only said Pregnancy is not a sickness.
He also Advice we can start Antenatal but am still not Okay with dt.It is our 1st Baby
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dbty(m): 7:13pm On Apr 08, 2012
agiboma: @dbty congrats and welcome, have you seen your doctor about the issues. Where are you located?
My Location is Lagos,Ojodu/Berger
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 7:16pm On Apr 08, 2012
Today, my baby was christened, her name is Caroline Ifeoluwa Lawal!

12 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olamide123: 7:43pm On Apr 08, 2012
Congrats dudugirl.. Nice name cheesy

@dbty, since its ur 1st pregnancy, I guess you can register at any good hospital.
For high risk pregnancies, Royan hospital in ojodu berger is VERY good!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 4:35am On Apr 09, 2012
@ dudugirl very nice name wink

1 Like 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (6952) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: omotolly22(f) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.