Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,109 members, 7,845,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (963) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8225850 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (960) (961) (962) (963) (964) (965) (966) ... (6960) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maureensylvia(f): 11:11am On Dec 02, 2015
monie:
Big congrats to all the mama's who are holding their baby right now. I envy una wella. Can't wait for my turn.

And the mama's who have lost theirs God will give u double for your trouble.

Team February, how far. Can't wait to go on maternity leave in January. Na this page I go dey 24/7. How pushing and bumping.
And happy new month to all mothers and intending mothers.

#teamfebruary

drags her with a bony face****

My friend come and pay ur registration dues to me
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 11:23am On Dec 02, 2015
tyconcepts:
Congrats
Have read somewhere on this thread that paracetamol show be given 4-6hourly (maybe am mistaken) Plz Sabi mama correct me so I don't make mistake. How did you treat your LOs after the 6wks injection?

Is your baby running temperature?
Why do you want to give him paracetamol?
If he's not running temperature, pls leave him.
I can rmber when I went to gv my oda Dota immunization sometym ago, the nurses advice us not to give that paracetamol before or after the immunization, unless ur baby is running temperature.
Me I don't give shaa cos my kids no dey run temperature after immunization.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ramcie(f): 11:25am On Dec 02, 2015
Plz I need help. I'm down with serious catarrh , sore throat, headache and feeling slightly feverish. Plz what natural remedy can I use to easy my discomfort can't sleep can't eat and I don't want to take drugs again cause it's not long I took malaria drugs. Thanks a lot.

#teamFeb

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumFiyin: 11:28am On Dec 02, 2015
I drank Zobo a lot when i was pregnant and was fine. I drank Fura & Nunu as well and was fine. A week b4 i delivered, I drank Fura & Nunu and spent the entire night throwing up and stooling and hubby as since den forbidden me from taking it.

I guess our bodies absorbs and react to things differently.

Brownsmoothie:
Mamas pls help o,took a bottle of ZOBO today and started feeling nauseated immediately and vomited srzly wen I got home....pls is zobo safe in pregnancy? Am just 10weeks 3 days gone....pls share ur experience if u Av taken it b4 while pregnant and how safe it is.am so scared right now....wl appreciate ur response senior mamas.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maureensylvia(f): 11:43am On Dec 02, 2015
Ramcie:
Plz I need help. I'm down with serious catarrh , sore throat, headache and feeling slightly feverish. Plz what natural remedy can I use to easy my discomfort can't sleep can't eat and I don't want to take drugs again cause it's not long I took malaria drugs. Thanks a lot.

#teamFeb

visit ur gynecologist today, have a bed rest always.
it happened to me last week. I was told my blood is low just like u am scared of drugs, so they recommended liquid blood tonic for me. Maybe u should check ur blood pt.

I wish u the best my teammate.

***meanwhile have u paid ur monthly dues to me***?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rezzy: 11:59am On Dec 02, 2015
senoreetah:

I was at General hospital on tuesday, was told registration is thursday. these are their fees

delivery fee...20k
admission fee(from day1-5days)....10k, additional 1300 for every other day stay
cs....45k
bedrest for 5days....10k
booking fee...6k5
delivery pack...7k
blood screening...4k5
general antenatal and routine test...3k

the part am confused about is the delivery pack and and admission fee

Didn't they ask for blood donation?

It's expensive joor. It's like the private hospital I used last, just a few extra change(money} . I thought General Hospital is usually cheap.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 12:00pm On Dec 02, 2015
Tyconcepts, use the pcm only if he runs temperature. My son never used to run temp buh my daughter's first immunization, she did.

Pcm can be 6hourly or 3ice daily depending on how high the fever is.

Maureensylvia, my eyes are on you o....as you dey collect the money, just report to me shaperly cool
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 12:06pm On Dec 02, 2015
ozycy:

Is your baby running temperature?
Why do you want to give him paracetamol?
If he's not running temperature, pls leave him.
I can rmber when I went to gv my oda Dota immunization sometym ago, the nurses advice us not to give that paracetamol before or after the immunization, unless ur baby is running temperature.
Me I don't give shaa cos my kids no dey run temperature after immunization.

He's not running temperature but the leg (left leg) he was injected on hurts and he won't rest it nor allow me touch it. He cries to the point of rejecting to suckle when my hand touches it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maureensylvia(f): 12:10pm On Dec 02, 2015
zaynie:
Tyconcepts, use the pcm only if he runs temperature. My son never used to run temp buh my daughter's first immunization, she did.

Maureensylvia, my eyes are on you o....as you dey collect the money, just report to me shaperly cool

yes ma'am. am doing exactly what u told me in our last executive meeting.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 12:16pm On Dec 02, 2015
zaynie:

I wasn't advised of pcm on our first immunization but I wonder why they emphasized on it this time.

Thanks ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 12:36pm On Dec 02, 2015
tyconcepts:

He's not running temperature but the leg (left leg) he was injected on hurts and he won't rest it nor allow me touch it. He cries to the point of rejecting to suckle when my hand touches it.

Same here, just try and breastfeed and cuddle him to sleep. He may not sleep much dou. Am still battling with my DD's own.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ramcie(f): 1:36pm On Dec 02, 2015
maureensylvia:

visit ur gynecologist today, have a bed rest always.
it happened to me last week. I was told my blood is low just like u am scared of drugs, so they recommended liquid blood tonic for me. Maybe u should check ur blood pt.

I wish u the best my teammate.

***meanwhile have u paid ur monthly dues to me***?

Thanks a lot. Have been on blood tonic for long. This catarrh is so frustrating.

Team mate when are we going to do headcount for #teamfeb

I have paid my dues to Zaynie ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fabmummy: 1:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
olubankemi:

Am expecting twins so you can imagine the look now. I just atimes sit down and look.

CONGRATS DEAR, I love twins. Happy bumping

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by senoreetah(f): 2:00pm On Dec 02, 2015
rezzy:

Didn't they ask for blood donation?

It's expensive joor. It's like the private hospital I used last, just a few extra change(money} . I thought General Hospital is usually cheap.

yes they asked of blood, mine and hubby...I have to double check if I was at a govt hospital o concerning the fee

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 2:03pm On Dec 02, 2015
ozycy:

Same here, just try and breastfeed and cuddle him to sleep. He may not sleep much dou. Am still battling with my DD's own.

That's what am doing ooo!....E just be like say make I join am dey cry too embarassed My boy that loves food like kilode now rejecting food. Hope the pains wears off quickly.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by senoreetah(f): 2:03pm On Dec 02, 2015
mubzay:
okies. Its well ma'am.
The delivery pack shud be all d items needed for delivery at d hosp. Dat means u won't av to bring anything apart from ur child's wears, pampers n ur change of clothes. U can ask d nurses during ANC.

The admission fees is when u come to d hosp for delivery till u are discharged. I guess its for 5 days den u start paying for additional days.

Hope dis helps.

I know, but who stays 5days+ for normal VD...ok I will sure ask...thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 2:12pm On Dec 02, 2015
@ tyconcepts,

Hiya, just saw this now & had yo check to see if our able mamas have done justice & as usual they are on top of their games.....

Ozycy & zaynie finished it ,only to add that i don't get the rubbing with ice, what purpose?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 2:23pm On Dec 02, 2015
modath:

@ tyconcepts,

Hiya, just saw this now & had yo check to see if our able mamas have done justice & as usual they are on top of their games.....

Ozycy & zaynie finished it ,only to add that i don't get the rubbing with ice, what purpose?

The massaging the spot with ice according to the nurse is to prevent swelling and to ease the pains.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Aim07(f): 2:31pm On Dec 02, 2015
senoreetah:

yes they asked of blood, mine and hubby...I have to double check if I was at a govt hospital o concerning the fee
is it General Hospital Ikorodu? That is ao they are, i used it 2yrs ago, paid 6500 for reg nd delivery pack, paid for lab test cannt remember d fee, was told normal delivery was 20k bt paid almost 30k for normal delivery + slept in d ward for just nit, I nd loo shared d same bed with enough mosquito to battle with. Only dh donated blood then, though i like to general hospitals but upon all the money they are collecting, dey cannt even renovate those wards. Except for the new building that has evrytin okay, d other wards ar nothing to write home abt. I was thinking i would be put in the new building ward only for me to told dia was no space dia, even d extended wards, i had to wait for some to be discharged.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lamdec(f): 2:32pm On Dec 02, 2015
tyconcepts:

The massaging the spot with ice according to the nurse is to prevent swelling and to ease the pains.

Placing ice on the swollen spot help my baby a lot. I did not massage it with it though, cos the nurses told me not to in order to avoid further swelling. I just place it on it and remove it after a few seconds. He will cry whenever I place the ice at first but I kept applying it and within 24 hours it went down.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 2:33pm On Dec 02, 2015
tyconcepts:

Never heard that & did they inject in a way to cause abcess or what? Icing a baby's tender skin will only provide temporal relief gan, so jusy watch him first..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mubzay(f): 2:33pm On Dec 02, 2015
senoreetah:

I know, but who stays 5days+ for normal VD...ok I will sure ask...thanks
We pray for a complication free delivery. May Godd ease our task and go before us on d day of our delivery. Amen

All the best ma'am
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifyjip(f): 2:34pm On Dec 02, 2015
Oh just returned from my antenatal visit and I was given dis their tetanus injection on d arm nt to painful sha cos I fear injection pass drug

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 2:44pm On Dec 02, 2015
modath:

Never heard that & did they inject in a way to cause abcess or what? Icing a baby's tender skin will only provide temporal relief gan, so jusy watch him first..

Na wah!

The relief is temporary....Got my eyes on him.

How Oga LBK?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Cynthiajay(f): 2:45pm On Dec 02, 2015
@Ozycy,na wah o beating kwa...Lol I have never heard of this hard reset before now.But thank God it worked 4 me sha.Thanks Dear
@Chizzy86,thank u Dear

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 2:47pm On Dec 02, 2015
lamdec:

Placing ice on the swollen spot help my baby a lot. I did not massage it with it though, cos the nurses told me not to in order to avoid further swelling. I just place it on it and remove it after a few seconds. He will cry whenever I place the ice at first but I kept applying it and within 24 hours it went down.

I even noticed its swelling as I massage....Would adopt ur method and hope to achieve same result as u did.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by senoreetah(f): 3:30pm On Dec 02, 2015
Aim07:

is it General Hospital Ikorodu? That is ao they are, i used it 2yrs ago, paid 6500 for reg nd delivery pack, paid for lab test cannt remember d fee, was told normal delivery was 20k bt paid almost 30k for normal delivery + slept in d ward for just nit, I nd loo shared d same bed with enough mosquito to battle with. Only dh donated blood then, though i like to general hospitals but upon all the money they are collecting, dey cannt even renovate those wards. Except for the new building that has evrytin okay, d other wards ar nothing to write home abt. I was thinking i would be put in the new building ward only for me to told dia was no space dia, even d extended wards, i had to wait for some to be discharged.

yes Ikorodu General hosp...it is well
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 3:30pm On Dec 02, 2015
@tyconcepts, when did u gv d imm? Leave d swollen part of d leg alone, as in DO NOTHING. It ll go down wt tym, might tk long tho. U can just gv s pcm for just 24hrs for d pain. Pet him a lot and continue putting to breast. He ll b fyn. My son had it too and it took weeks before d swelling went down. So try to relax and remove ur mind from it.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lawvlypearl(f): 3:31pm On Dec 02, 2015
Good afternoon sabi mama's......pls I need encouragement from those who have been in this situation. Few mnths ago, dh and I did Hep B test and we were both -ve, had another test 2weeks ago and it came back +ve for me and -ve for dh(he took d vaccine). So confused and sad , don't know where I got it from. We are asked to prepare for an injection to be administerd on baby hours after delivery. I also have a low blood level. Pls can hep B be cured and how do I boost my blood level? Thank you.

#Teammayforsupernaturaldelivery#

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shawylux(f): 3:44pm On Dec 02, 2015
tyconcepts:

I wasn't advised of pcm on our first immunization but I wonder why they emphasized on it this time.

Thanks ma'am.
Hi. congrats on your new born. The reason why it wasn't emphasized on your first visit was cos your baby was only given BCG, Hepatitis B vaccine and Oral Polio Vaccine so those ones were less painful. But this six weeks visit, Penta was given together with OPV too. Penta injection contains five different vaccines hence the name 'penta'- five. These include, tetanus toxoid, diphtheria, pertusis, hemophilius influenza and hepatitis B. So you can imagine giving your baby five vaccines at once. If you can remember vividly how painful the TT injection was when you took it while pregnant. Generally we advice we give the baby PCM syrup BEFORE the injection not after as the pain immediate. No worries, while going for your 10 and 16 weeks visit you can give her the PCM as the second and third doses of Penta will be given again. Hope this helps.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maureensylvia(f): 3:45pm On Dec 02, 2015
***adjusts her eyeglasses***

if u hear ur name answer present ma'am. strictly for February mums

Ramcie

maureensylvia

vanilla90

rchilee

Apple19

oselin

cutsie

pocahuntaz

LegitDiva***sorry ma'am Oya flog me

nutigal

pls ooo if u no hear ur name, it's either u have not paid ur dues or we are not aware.

all protocols duly observed.

#team Feb for supernatural delivery
#team Feb the best and social team ever
#team Feb we are da bomb

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 3:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
January oo do an come dis weight seems like for two embarassed

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (960) (961) (962) (963) (964) (965) (966) ... (6960) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.