Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,010 members, 7,953,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:14 AM

Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. (19344 Views)

My Sick Husband Wants Me To Be Having Sex Elsewhere / Husband Wants Divorce From Wife Because Of Sexual Starvation / 15 Brutally Honest Signs Your Husband Wants A Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by tpia5: 9:05pm On Mar 12, 2012
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 12, 2012
@OP,whatever u decide upon,b wary of tribalists.
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by tpia5: 9:11pm On Mar 12, 2012
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by Chyz2: 9:12pm On Mar 12, 2012
Ndidi, the only ones avocating for your name change are yorubas. Your husband has now got the girl of his dreams and least allow your parents to keep the name they gave during one of the most precious time in their lives. I think they deserve it. what do you think?
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by tpia5: 9:14pm On Mar 12, 2012
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 12, 2012
And who says NL2 is going down?nah.not wiv d army of tribalists
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by seyibrown(f): 9:31pm On Mar 12, 2012
I can understand him calling you a special name but he doesn't have to make you officially change your name unless you are really happy to do it. Perhaps you would suggest that you both change your first names on the same day! Label him OKORO DONATUS AKINAPAWPAW cheesy in return, to 'assist' him in backing down on his 'unusual' request, or chose something you'd be able to live with! wink

Some men sha!
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by Sweetnecta: 9:41pm On Mar 12, 2012
@ifyalways; salaamualaykum sis.

@okija_juju; you are funny; calling yorubas Yoruba and at the same time reflecting on your yoruba signature; araga gba ni idi ara [araba; igi].
maybe it is you who should be simi sols for this beautiful igbo woman married to yoruba man.

by the way my igbo wife is free to call me any non yoruba name, since i even bear arab name; how difficult could it be for me to bear any igbo or any name that my wife thinks fits her husband?

what i think the yoruba husband sould not do is to ask her to change to that "nickname" legally. and she should keep her father's name in addition to seriously refusing him the unnecessary conversion.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by solomto(f): 9:43pm On Mar 12, 2012
Ndidi is like a comforting name and the man doesn't like her wife to bear a name that luks like she's only managing the marriage. May be family members have adviced him to change that name after knowing the meaning.
@op, just change to ur second (igbo) name bt dnt do away wt ur igbo name completely.inferiority complex frm the man and typical yoruba mans ego at play.
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by eghost247(m): 9:47pm On Mar 12, 2012
oh deal with it
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by avicky(f): 9:48pm On Mar 12, 2012
It might just be a pet name. But if dere's more to it, den giv him 'chuckwumerije'. And dt he shud change it. Pls dnt make d 'sinmisola' thing official.
Above all, may God giv u d wisdom to handle d issue.
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by Tinyemeka(m): 10:03pm On Mar 12, 2012
akpanbaba: My sister the word of God says submit to your husband period.Pls do, so that the love will continue.

Pally what does that same part of the bible say concerning the husband's relationship with the wife?
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by noiseless: 10:09pm On Mar 12, 2012
This is the worst crafty sort of humiliation ever, the way the sneak into igbo girls life is really disturbing, so this man and his family hates igbos this much? For those claiming on here that it's a sign of acceptance, what a f@ck bunch of hypocrites so one must erase her igbo identity before she could be accepted in your family or land? This is a completely arogant way of showing you the sign of how far he can go to prove that he has no respect at all for you and your igbo people, even though he fancied you for whatever reason before tricking you into what he now claims to be marriage, you deserve to be respected by him and your igbo background whether he likes or not deserves respect nomatter how he tries to disguise his hate for your igbo race, and please don't be a part or responsible to children that will come to this world and be denied the opportunity to know anything positive about where one of their parents came from, or even hate their papa's or mama's side, because either that they were brainwashed to do so or the other parent is no longer alive or her enthic group is hated by the husband and his family. YOUNG LADY JUST BE WISE,SOME PEOPLE JUST DO NOT GIVE A DAMN! When dealing with anyone they see as different people as long as they get their selfish satisfaction. [b]This is the worst crafty sort of humiliation ever, the way the sneak into igbo girls life is really disturbing, so this man and his family hates igbos this much? For those claiming on here that it's a sign of acceptance, what a f@ck bunch of hypocrites so one must erase her igbo identity before she could be accepted in your family or land? This is a completely arogant way of showing you the sign of how far he can go to prove that he has no respect at all for you and your igbo people, even though he fancied you for whatever reason before tricking you into what he now claims to be marriage, you deserve to be respected by him and your igbo background whether he likes or not deserves respect nomatter how he tries to disguise his hate for your igbo race, and please don't be a part or responsible to children that will come to this world and be denied the opportunity to know anything positive about where one of their parents came from, or even hate their papa's or mama's side, because either that they were brainwashed to do so or the other parent is no longer alive or her enthic group is hated by the husband and his family. YOUNG LADY JUST BE WISE,SOME PEOPLE JUST DO NOT GIVE A DAMN! When dealing with anyone they see as different people as long as they get their selfish satisfaction. This is the worst crafty sort of humiliation ever, the way they sneak into igbo girls life is really disturbing and the way they like to use and destroy them in the name of marriage is even appalling, so this man and his family hates igbos this much? For those claiming on here that it's a sign of acceptance, what a f@ck bunch of hypocrites so one must erase her igbo identity before she could be accepted in your family or land? This is a completely arogant way of showing you the sign of how far he can go to prove that he has no respect at all for you and your igbo people, even though he fancied you for whatever reason before tricking you into what he now claims to be marriage, you deserve to be respected by him and your igbo background whether he likes or not deserves respect nomatter how he tries to disguise his hate for your igbo race, and please don't be a part or responsible to children that will come to this world and be denied the opportunity to know anything positive about where one of their parents came from, or even hate their papa's or mama's side, because either that they were brainwashed to do so or the other parent is no longer alive or her enthic group is hated by the husband and his family. YOUNG LADY JUST BE WISE,SOME PEOPLE JUST DO NOT GIVE A DAMN! When dealing with anyone they see as different people as long as they get their selfish satisfaction.
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by MOM1(m): 10:29pm On Mar 12, 2012
why not just add the new name to your names..
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by tunnytox(m): 10:49pm On Mar 12, 2012
Fake story, I have a feeling that this story is created by one of the tribalists in politics section just to stir up reactions.
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 12, 2012
OP: Please reject that name! It's one thing to have your husband call you a nickname (within reason). But to actually try coercing you into changing your name entirely (officially) is wrong.

As for some posters advicing you to adopt that name, that's your call, though I would advice against it. You're Igbo, your husband is Yoruba. Is your husband so against you being Igbo? If so, why didn't he settle for a Yoruba lady, rather than an Igbo one?
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by BaBaMike: 10:55pm On Mar 12, 2012
NRI PRIEST: Op,you havent seen anything yet ! You have brought curse unto yourself and your family by marrying from a cursed people!

Dont start someting you know you cant finish..Just listen to yourself.
I think you better shotup your mouth if you dont have what to say, who in this wide world do not know that Igbos People Are Cursed People!and they Love money more than their lifes.
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by tunnytox(m): 10:56pm On Mar 12, 2012
Once you see tribal bigots like Bandit C, Illogical mind, onlylies, Ak47mann etc on the [b]family [/b]section, I have no doubt in my mind that this OP is FAKE.
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by tunnytox(m): 10:59pm On Mar 12, 2012
NRI PRIEST: Op,you havent seen anything yet ! You have brought curse unto yourself and your family by marrying from a cursed people!

Its YOU and your entire family and your generation yet unborn that is cursed.
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by ekwynwa: 11:00pm On Mar 12, 2012
Ndi nwa you try oo, me i no fit tongue

how do you manage them
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by VENUSS(f): 11:00pm On Mar 12, 2012
i hav seen two pple i personally know that married yoruba nd de where given yoruba names, like called jokinly. but dis one no no no. why should he insist u change the name your father gave u, to me thate disregard to the woman's family.
am sure in naming ceremony there is usually the slauthern of animal to celebrate. tell him to slaugther animals -the number of years uve spent. to celebrate ur change of name only den will u change. am sure to buy 20+-30+ number of rams wont be as easy as changing ndidi to sinmisola. pls tell him to let u pple enjoy ur marraige and 4get change of name. YORUBAS PLEASE MAKE UNA STOP DIS NONSENSE PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 12, 2012
Bandit C.:
Too many dumbos on this thread pretending to be neutral and of help to the OP but we see through their disguise that the reason they are persuading the OP to pick up a rather new and unfamiliar name from her selfish husband is not due to their concern for the OP's marriage but due to their contempt for the OP's place of origin and tribe. Afterall we can deduce this from their past posts and abuse on these forums.

OP,you must be a big dumbazz if you let any man or woman change the name given to you by your parents in the name of some flimsy marriage. Except you are an ''anu enu'' you would know that Igbos name their children based on the circumstances of their birth, parents past, parents experience and so on. Every Igbo man or woman bears a name not just for identity but to relate a secret story, appreciation and so on. So if you think your parents are fools for giving you a name they actually know it's meaning, go ahead and replace it with some stuupid name that has no relevance to your origin and existence simply because some man you met from God knows where married you and decided that your name is unworthy. Erase your meaning and history and become just another yoruba woman out there with no root. Afterall many out-of-point posters here who only live their life according to trend are letting you know that name is nothing but just name. Terrible, just terrible.
perhaps these are the set of Igbos who hardly travel home to have a feel of the beautiful land and people that are about missing for life all in the name of marriage.
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by bukatyne(f): 11:47pm On Mar 12, 2012
@OP: i am not married but i have this to say. communication is very important in marriage. ask him y he wants u to change it officially. afteral, a lot of people's everyday names is not official. also lovingly tell him ow important d name is in ur culture n al dat n den finally pray. God Bless U!
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by ndidibabe(f): 12:04am On Mar 13, 2012
Thanks to everyone that made meaningful contribution to this thread. I came home very late from work today and met my husband watching the newcastle vs arsenal match. The score was 1-1 as at that time but he was quite happy. He said his boys(arsenal players were doing well). I said to him ''Chukwu, have you eaten?'' but the look on his face was quite terrible. Obviously, he doesnt like the name . So what makes him feel i like Sinmisola?
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by obipeter(m): 12:11am On Mar 13, 2012
honestly this is supose to be a personal or family affair, @ Nd maybe they did not teach u this in ur marriage course that u dont allow a third partie in ur relationship affairs. Beside u re meant to submit to ur husband as the bible says in all things, so that he will love u the more. Consider this dear
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by BaBaMike: 12:18am On Mar 13, 2012
ndidibabe: [s]Thanks to everyone that made meaningful contribution to this thread. I came home very late from work today and met my husband watching the newcastle vs arsenal match. The score was 1-1 as at that time but he was quite happy. He said his boys(arsenal players were doing well). I said to him ''Chukwu, have you eaten?'' but the look on his face was quite terrible. Obviously, he doesnt like the name . So what makes him feel i like Sinmisola?
[/s]

Fake " Fake " Fake "
fake story teller
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by obipeter(m): 12:20am On Mar 13, 2012
BaBa Mike:

Dont start someting you know you cant finish..Just listen to yourself.
I think you better shotup your mouth if you dont have what to say, who in this wide world do not know that Igbos People Are Cursed People!and they Love money more than their lifes.

u guys are now putting sentiment on this and u re going tribalist in dis form which is very bad. Pls lets have a paradigm shift
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by isalegan2: 12:21am On Mar 13, 2012
ndidibabe: Thanks to everyone that made meaningful contribution to this thread. I came home very late from work today and met my husband watching the newcastle vs arsenal match. The score was 1-1 as at that time but he was quite happy. He said his boys(arsenal players were doing well). I said to him ''Chukwu, have you eaten?'' but the look on his face was quite terrible. Obviously, he doesnt like the name . So what makes him feel i like Sinmisola?

How dare he indeed?! I think you should fight this to the death. Let him really have it! Turn your home into world war 3!!! That way you can get the divorce out of the way before there are any kids in the picture. How unreasonable can you get! I meant him, of course. wink

BTW, can you post a picture of that Yoruba future ex-husband of yours? No reason. tongue
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by isalegan2: 12:22am On Mar 13, 2012
ndidibabe: Thanks to everyone that made meaningful contribution to this thread. I came home very late from work today and met my husband watching the newcastle vs arsenal match. The score was 1-1 as at that time but he was quite happy. He said his boys(arsenal players were doing well). I said to him ''Chukwu, have you eaten?'' but the look on his face was quite terrible. Obviously, he doesnt like the name . So what makes him feel i like Sinmisola?

How dare he indeed?! I think you should fight this to the death. Let him really have it! Turn your home into world war 3!!! That way you can get the divorce out of the way before there are any kids in the picture. How unreasonable can you get! I meant him, of course. wink

BTW, can you post a picture of that Yoruba future ex-husband of yours? No reason. tongue
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by tpia5: 12:23am On Mar 13, 2012
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by tpia5: 12:24am On Mar 13, 2012
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by BaBaMike: 12:29am On Mar 13, 2012
obipeter:

My Parents are now putting sentiment on this and they're going tribalist in dis form which is very bad. Pls lets have a paradigm shift

Why waste your time here typing rubbish? instead of you to face your study.
were you dead wen ur broda or your father, said yoruba ppl are a cursed people??

I THINK YOU JUST WAKE UP FROM SLEEP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Nigerian Pastor And His Wife Welcome A Baby After 13 Years Of Waiting / He Said He 'touched' Her..&for Me That Has Changed A Lot Of Things!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.