Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,158 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. (19153 Views)

My Sick Husband Wants Me To Be Having Sex Elsewhere / Husband Wants Divorce From Wife Because Of Sexual Starvation / 15 Brutally Honest Signs Your Husband Wants A Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by Sagamite(m): 10:40pm On Mar 13, 2012
Just tell him "No", you don't want to change your name.

What a rude, dumb and classless person he is.
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by papatosibe: 11:01pm On Mar 13, 2012
Sagamite: Just tell him "No", you don't want to change your name.

What a rude, dumb and classless person he is.

Erm . . . not any more than your c/r/e/t/i/nous self.

A fu/c/k/t/a/r/d calling another a f/u/c/k/t/a/r/d/ . . . Pot talking to kettle.
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/200060[/img]

How our wife? Sey you dey fisi for her wella . . . always put am deep deep.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by BaBaMike: 12:10am On Mar 14, 2012
emmy04: THIS IS WHY I SO MUCH HATE THE YORUBA PEOPLE... ALWAYS TRIBALISTIC IN ALL THINGS. I RATHER REMAIN SINGLE OR BE A HOMOSEXUAL THAN TO MARRY A YORUBA WOMAN.

I agree with you,your hatred for yorubas shows how tribalistic and myopic you're.No wonder the igos,behead people for rituals
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by Nobody: 12:35am On Mar 14, 2012
emmy04: THIS IS WHY I SO MUCH HATE THE YORUBA PEOPLE... ALWAYS TRIBALISTIC IN ALL THINGS. I RATHER REMAIN SINGLE OR BE A HOMOSEXUAL THAN TO MARRY A YORUBA WOMAN.

Na today? we know now that many Igbos are homosexuals, who go marry monkey like you anyway?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by Genius100: 1:31am On Mar 14, 2012
There are obviously a lot of idiots on this site. Even the OP is not very bright. Has he threatened you to change your name? Has he told you he will divorce you if you don't change your name? Even you, the OP, proclaimed that his love for you is still intact. So if he suggested that you change your name to Sinmisola, how does that mean he no longer loves Igbo people as you implied? How does that mean he hates your current name? Perhaps, he just loves the name "Sinmisola". And if you do not want to change your name, you simply tell him in a gentle way that your current name means a lot to you and you will prefer to keep it. What's the big deal. But not only have you read all kinds of unneccessary meaning into his suggestion, you have also brought your family matter into a forum known to be populated by a majority of people with low IQ.

Goodluck...
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by samstradam: 7:07am On Mar 14, 2012
Genius100: There are obviously a lot of idiots on this site. Even the OP is not very bright. Has he threatened you to change your name? Has he told you he will divorce you if you don't change your name? Even you, the OP, proclaimed that his love for you is still intact. So if he suggested that you change your name to Sinmisola, how does that mean he no longer loves Igbo people as you implied? How does that mean he hates your current name? Perhaps, he just loves the name "Sinmisola". And if you do not want to change your name, you simply tell him in a gentle way that your current name means a lot to you and you will prefer to keep it. What's the big deal. But not only have you read all kinds of unneccessary meaning into his suggestion, you have also brought your family matter into a forum known to be populated by a majority of people with low IQ.

Goodluck...

++1
The only good post i've read so far- probably from your husband himself.
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by chijike(m): 8:18am On Mar 14, 2012
Listen to me, at worst you can change to all three names, sinmisola might even have a better meaning than your first name ok. Again don't you think it will be fun to answer an igbo name when you are in the east and a yoruba name when in the west? That way you always feel at home.
You guys have a unique combination,guard it jealously please.
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by Afam4eva(m): 5:01pm On Mar 14, 2012
chijike: Listen to me, at worst you can change to all three names, sinmisola might even have a better meaning than your first name ok. Again don't you think it will be fun to answer an igbo name when you are in the east and a yoruba name when in the west? That way you always feel at home.
You guys have a unique combination,guard it jealously please.

1diots full this nation sha.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by Freesia(f): 11:46pm On Mar 14, 2012
ifyalways: LMAO!

What is in a name?Nothing.Its just the spirit of ego and stubborness worrying you both.

I don't know why your husband is insisting you change your first name to something you obviously dislike but if you too would just stop sulking and frowning,you would be able to get your husband back to his senses.I daresay the simi thing might actually be a harmful joke on his part but your rejecting it vehemently and seriously made him persist at it.

way to go:when he calls him Simi,respond with Chukwuemeka my love.hahaha
He wants you to be his simi,you want him to be your emeka,simples.

Please mellow down so that soon you guys wont fight over baby names(when they start coming).

Sis Ify has said it all
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by MoUTD: 7:45am On Mar 15, 2012
@op ..it is quite rediculous that you are exposing your family here...on this issue is not worthy to be over floored here...is a means of acceptance which I want you to see as a natural thng.blieve me ; if your husband is happy with you ; your marriage will fare well. Imagine this your hubby is american , if he ask you to change the name , won't you be happy to do that? Don't let anyone or small issue like this cost you your marriage.
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by Afam4eva(m): 7:58am On Mar 15, 2012
MoUTD: @op ..it is quite rediculous that you are exposing your family here...on this issue is not worthy to be over floored here...is a means of acceptance which I want you to see as a natural thng.blieve me ; if your husband is happy with you ; your marriage will fare well. Imagine this your hubby is american , if he ask you to change the name , won't you be happy to do that? Don't let anyone or small issue like this cost you your marriage.

You have a point there. you should also be ready to disown your family so that they will accept you well.
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 15, 2012
BaBa Mike:

I agree with you,your hatred for yorubas shows how tribalistic and myopic you're.No wonder the igos,behead people for rituals

You call him tribalistic, yet you write that crap about the igbos? What does that make you? A tribalistic f@ggot
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 18, 2012
Na wa o. See how people are bursting veins over a story that sounds more fake than real. Na so tribalism don blind us reach for Nigeria? I'm very certain this story was concocted either by one of the moderators of Nairaland, to keep traffic flowing, or one of the well known tribalists in the Politics section. Anyhow, una don achieve una aim abi?

At Op, I do have reasons to doubt your story. But if it's indeed a true story, then, I'm sorry to say, you have a lot of growing up to do. This is certainly no way to manage your issues, especially in a very young marriage. I do indeed pity you. Tufia!
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by basadenet: 12:03pm On Mar 19, 2012
I do not see anything bad in what he had ask of you. I will advise that you comply if you do not want to loose him to someone else.
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by Hardunnii(f): 5:02pm On Mar 19, 2012
Op its a lovely name, and it doesnt change who you are, dnt make it a bigdeal....
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by BaBaMike: 5:33pm On Mar 19, 2012
jennykadry:

You call him tribalistic, yet you write that crap about the igbos? What does that make you? My father is A tribalistic f@ggot

I am deeply sorry 4 you
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 30, 2012
Hardunnii: Op its a lovely name, and it doesnt change who you are, dnt make it a bigdeal....

Lovely name? That's subjective. She prefers her own name "Ndidi". Big deal? It IS a big deal, when her husband isn't giving her a pet name. He wants her to change her name by deed poll. Do you know what that means?
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by victorian(f): 11:20pm On Mar 30, 2012
@ poster, pls dont accept such name, cause u will end up lost. Some people here are saying it doesnt matter, its just a name. My dear due to experience, while i was once engaged to a man from my tribe but a muslim, which he didnt reveal to me until after the engagement thats when he said he is no longer a christian but a muslim, and to add salt into injury, he wanted to change my native name to Zainab, which i dont even like and its so foreign to me. Av bben raised a christian all my life, why should i then become Zainab , overnite?... hell...no... but foolishly i accepted the idea slowly because of blind love, until i became LOST within me. I couldnt connect to my origin. I was very lost, like the wind. But thank God, am back to my family, to my roots and origin. I feel more grounded and settled within me now. Dont sell your birthname or roots for any love.
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by aanita: 5:17pm On Apr 03, 2012
m
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by aanita: 5:20pm On Apr 03, 2012
my dear when u go to Rome u behave like Romans. dat he call u Sinmisola does not stop ur people from knowing and calling u Ndidi dat. remember dat the day u accepted to marry a yoruba man, u have become part o them. so me i didnt see any bad thing in dat.
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by aanita: 5:21pm On Apr 03, 2012
my dear when u go to Rome u behave like Romans. dat he call u Sinmisola does not stop ur people from knowing and calling u Ndidi. remember dat the day u accepted to marry a yoruba man, u have become part o them. so me i didnt see any bad thing in dat.
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by TheMadame(f): 1:15pm On Sep 20, 2012
Interesting, I wonder if the OP finally succumbed to her husbands will and changed her name.
Some men are strange...Name change indeed!
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Sep 20, 2012
ndidibabe: What is really wrong with my husband? I am Ibo and he is Yoruba. Before we got married, he talked so much about how beautiful (light skinned), intelligent, hardworking ibo ladies are. He also said an average Ibo lady knows how prepare good delicacies. He loves me and that was the reason i married him not minding our ethnic differences. After 14 months of marriage, i can say his love for me is still intact but the problem is that he is fond of calling me Sinmisola, a name i do not like. I asked him the meaning of the name and he said 'rest in wealth'. What sort of stupid name is that? I didn't marry him because i want rest in his wealth! Besides, it is not that he is wealthy, so why the name? Now, his parents too call me Sinmisola. He told me to do a change of name to Sinmisola + his surname. His Surname, Yes but why should i change my first name. Isn't he the yoruba man that love Ibo ladies so much to the extent of marrying one them? Why does he hate my Ibo name? I asked him why he wants my name changed and he said he just love it that way. I am not going to take this from him but i need mature people (married) to advice me on how to resolve this issue wisely.

Probably the name of an ex-gal friend or maybe an old lover. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by babsjnr(m): 6:49pm On Sep 20, 2012
Change that name asap and 4get about your ibo identity and get rid of your ibo culture. Lol ibo boyz go vex 4 my commemt
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 22, 2012
In as much as i blame your husband all the way for being so selfish. But Ndidi, it seems you and your husband are a bit too superficial to be worried by such. I wont be surprised if you havent started fighting over this. Marriage is not for TERRORISTS. Does your husband have a Simisola he once loved?
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by JACOBBRUCE: 4:41am On Aug 24, 2014
How I Got My Ex Husband Back...........

My name is Lorna Harron, and I base in USA...My life is back!!! After 2 years of Broken marriage, my husband left me with two kids . I felt like my life was about to end i almost committed suicide, i was emotionally down for a very long time. Thanks to a spell caster called Dr momodo, which i met online. On one faithful day, as I was browsing through the internet,I came across allot of testimonies about this particular spell caster. Some people testified that he brought their Ex lover back, some testified that he restores womb,cure cancer,and other sickness, some testified that he can cast a spell to stop divorce and so on. i also come across one particular testimony,it was about a woman called Sonia,she testified about how he brought back her Ex lover in less than 2 days, and at the end of her testimony she dropped Dr momodo's e-mail address. After reading all these,I decided to give it a try. I contacted him via email and explained my problem to him. In just 48hours, my husband came back to me. We solved our issues, and we are even happier than before Dr momodo, is really a gifted man and i will not stop publishing him because he is a wonderful man... If you have a problem and you are looking for a real and genuine spell caster to solve all your problems for you. Try High momodospelltemple@gmail.com anytime, he might be the answer to your problems. Here's his contact: momodospelltemple@gmail.com

Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by mystiqueDZ(f): 8:01am On Aug 24, 2014
Okijajuju1:

Chukwuemeka is a porshe Igbo name jor!!

She should call him EbubeDike
Ebubedike is even good..call him OBUMNEKE!!!
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by mystiqueDZ(f): 8:03am On Aug 24, 2014
aanita: my dear when u go to Rome u behave like Romans. dat he call u Sinmisola does not stop ur people from knowing and calling u Ndidi dat. remember dat the day u accepted to marry a yoruba man, u have become part o them. so me i didnt see any bad thing in dat.
Calling her the name is something else,but telling her to do a name change?Hell No!!
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by mystiqueDZ(f): 8:05am On Aug 24, 2014
basadenet: I do not see anything bad in what he had ask of you. I will advise that you comply if you do not want to loose him to someone else.
Mtchew....if I will lose a man cos of a name then by all means he should go!
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by mystiqueDZ(f): 8:07am On Aug 24, 2014
BanditC: Lol. Yoruba man wants to convert an Igbo woman to Yoruba by all means. Why he didn't go for a Sinmisola in the first place baffles me. Then again, any Igbo woman f00lish enough to settle for a yoruba man deserves whatever comes her way. This is the first sign of the kind of marriage she has gotten herself into. After one and half years of marriage, it is name change, what then would happen after say 15 years? she might then have been totally subdued and living in a cage somewhere in ogbomosho or something like that. SMH.
There is totally nothing wrong with an ibo lady being with a Yoruba man!!
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by mystiqueDZ(f): 8:11am On Aug 24, 2014
Okijajuju1:

How did an Igbo girl stoop so low as to end up with an Yoruba man in the first place!!

Sacrilegous
There is nothing wrong with eating 'strong eba with oily soup'!!!!
Sacrilegious my ass...
Re: Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. by sexyfunkky(f): 4:07pm On Aug 24, 2014
I love your reply, very matured
ifyalways: LMAO!

What is in a name?Nothing.Its just the spirit of ego and stubborness worrying you both.

I don't know why your husband is insisting you change your first name to something you obviously dislike but if you too would just stop sulking and frowning,you would be able to get your husband back to his senses.I daresay the simi thing might actually be a harmful joke on his part but your rejecting it vehemently and seriously made him persist at it.

way to go:when he calls him Simi,respond with Chukwuemeka my love.hahaha
He wants you to be his simi,you want him to be your emeka,simples.

Please mellow down so that soon you guys wont fight over baby names(when they start coming).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? / Excess Money: Moment MC Asked Groom To Spray His Bride 500k At A Wedding Party / Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.