Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? (34225 Views)

Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos / Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? / A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by freesoul3(f): 11:08pm On Jul 07, 2012
some igbo people are just idiots attacking their own kind
cowards
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 07, 2012
ACM10: @Mr.Chippychappy and Olodostein,
I don't know why you guys should be taking dig at Anambrarians all in the name of attacking Chino11. The comments from u guys is highly regrettable. Can u imagine if we behave like both of u? We've already repudiated Chino's attitude towards our brothers, but u guys continue to have none of it. We have issued disclaimer too. Don't let me believe that u guys are massaging your little insecurities. As far as I'm concerned, we are more embarrassed by Chino than u guys. Sometimes I wonder if he's truly an Anambrarian or an Yoruba troll. So pls keep us out of your attacks. Take a personal dig at Chino. Throwing disparaging comments at Anambrarians by u guys amounts to collateral damage. And this is unacceptable.

Nah Nah.... We are not taking a dig at Anambranians. Just an observation and trying to let him know what others too have observed that needs to stop and what an Ingrate he is. My brother in-law is Anambarian, so I see no reason for that.

To all meaningful Anambarians. Apologies if the observation came across as an attack on your personalities. It was never intended.

Besides, you good folks should be the ones ruling Anambara; a state with great potential - keeping Chino- who is very much an Upper Iweka native and his toutish cronies in check cool.

one.east:

As much as I don't agree with chino over his rampage, but we need to be mindful of our comments so as not raise more dust in further embarrassing the Igbos on NL.

On the above highlighted, I think you are damn wrong, Anambra people were already seated and established in enugu as the capital of old Anambra state long before the creation of new Anambra and Enugu states respectively.

Since after the creation of Anambra state and yet to see more Anambra people come to reside in enugu. Even the remaining civil servants are moving back to Awka to reside and work. I know for sure that an average Anambra man will likely reside in Abuja, Lagos, Onitsha, PH and Kano for economic reasons.

I hear you bro. Then any derogatory remark about any group of people need to stop to further igbo unity.

As for Chino, he should be c.astrated. I don't tolerate nor take it lightly with people who mock the sanctity of innocent children, women and the dead.

Shalom cool
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by freesoul3(f): 11:12pm On Jul 07, 2012
Olodostein:

Nah Nah.... We are not taking a dig at Anambranians. Just an observation and trying to let him know what others too have observed that needs to stop and what an Ingrate he is. My brother in-law is Anambarian, so I see no reason for that.

To all meaningful Anambarians. Apologies if the observation came across as an attack on your personalities. It was never intended.

Besides, you good folks should be the ones ruling Anambara; a state with great potential - keeping Chino- who is very much an Upper Iweka native and his toutish cronies in check cool.

I hear you bro. Then any derogatory remark about any group of people need to stop to further igbo unity.

As for Chino, he should be c.astrated. I don't tolerate nor take it lightly with people who mock the sanctity of innocent children, women and the dead.

Shalom cool

yes you are and you should be ashamed because you claim to be intelligent

now you and chino are the same
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Abagworo(m): 11:19pm On Jul 07, 2012
ACM10:

Now u are talking like a man. I must confess that your outward show of effeminate emotionalism gets me angry most of the time. You knew that we have cautioned Chino many times, but he refused to abandon his cyber embarrassing acts. But, u always respond in a way to insult we Anambrarians. I learnt to ignore your tantrums too. Concluding that u are probably a tenager.

I don't think I've ever insulted any Igbo guy directly be it Anambra or wherever. I'm not a teenager. I'm almost 30.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by MrGlobe(m): 11:20pm On Jul 07, 2012
ayo011:

PH all the way, its even annoying that some folks here are making this nonsensical comparison. Ofcourse there is no basis for comparison, its an insult to the psyche of the people. Economically its only three Nigerian cities that can be matched to PH; lagos, Kano and Onitsha.

PH the garden city all the way. PH for life
well let me reply you then. Ve seen your remarks at me previously. I have lived an know Ph obviously more than you do and yes am from Anambra - that is to answer your false assertion. Ph is more economically viable than owerri. yes. but did you check the topic of this thread? Ph is overcrowded, poorly planned, unkempt with bad roads. east west road, rumuodara and the rest with annoying traffic. Road side traders everywhere. I don't want to list on. and know the economic cities are not the best habitable cities in the world. Lagos is more economic than Abuja but which is more beautiful and well planned. am tired of your stup!d argument. You need to join folks from Ph who visit owerri every weekend to unwind to truly know what we are saying here.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by MrGlobe(m): 11:25pm On Jul 07, 2012
ACM10: @Mr. Globe,
Speaking about Onlytruth with such disdain by you is downright insulting. So u are a brother to a cretin? I don't know what is wrong with u guys. Don't guys have any shred of decency? I'm disappointed.
well you may hold Onlytruth in high regards but I only know him as a Peter obi new media agent who speaks from both sides of his mouth. Peter obi has brought so many setbacks to our dear state and anyone that still supports him is my enemy
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by ayo011: 11:31pm On Jul 07, 2012
Mr. Globe:

well let me reply you then. Ve seen your remarks at me previously. I have lived an know Ph obviously more than you do and yes am from Anambra - that is to answer your false assertion. Ph is more economically viable than owerri. yes. but did you check the topic of this thread? Ph is overcrowded, poorly planned, unkempt with bad roads. east west road, rumuodara and the rest with annoying traffic. Road side traders everywhere. I don't want to list on. and know the economic cities are not the best habitable cities in the world. Lagos is more economic than Abuja but which is more beautiful and well planned. am tired of your stup!d argument. You need to join folks from Ph who visit owerri every weekend to unwind to truly know what we are saying here.

You are not making any point, each city has its own problems. As for Owerre its not in any way near PH in beauty, because owerre is not even up to Dline and Diobu put together. You said economic cities are not habitable, why then has people continued to troop to cities as Lagos, PH, Onitsha and so on to reside instead of the so called 'habitable cities' as you said. People relocate to New York and California more than they do in Florida and NC.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by MrGlobe(m): 11:55pm On Jul 07, 2012
ayo011:

You are not making any point, each city has its own problems. As for Owerre its not in any way near PH in beauty, because owerre is not even up to Dline and Diobu put together. You said economic cities are not habitable, why then has people continued to troop to cities as Lagos, PH, Onitsha and so on to reside instead of the so called 'habitable cities' as you said. People relocate to New York and California more than they do in Florida and NC.
ve made all the points there is to make. you don't seem to get it because you are adamant. calling diobu and dline beautiful says a lot about your low mentality. and people troop to Florida for vacation than new York. you dont appreciate owerri because according to you people dont move there. you should know that people relocate in Nigeria because of poverty so migration in nigeria is strictly based on economic reasons. There is no proper wealth distrobution. unlike US where people can relocate to California, Las Vegas, San Frascisco, Florida, Michigan etc for different reasons. I keep telling you to leave Ph, visit owerri and change your mentality
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jul 07, 2012
one.east:

As much as I don't agree with chino over his rampage, but we need to be mindful of our comments so as not raise more dust in further embarrassing the Igbos on NL.

On the above highlighted, I think you are damn wrong, Anambra people were already seated and established in enugu as the capital of old Anambra state long before the creation of new Anambra and Enugu states respectively.

Since after the creation of Anambra state and yet to see more Anambra people come to reside in enugu. Even the remaining civil servants are moving back to Awka to reside and work. I know for sure that an average Anambra man will likely reside in Abuja, Lagos, Onitsha, PH and Kano for economic reasons.

You are like Chino. In fact, Chino is even better than you. Because he is real and speaks his mind but you are a chameleon. You took swipe at Rochas attempt to build 4 new universities and Owerri in another thread and came to this thread to say another thing.

You are a confirm Hypocrite. If raising more embarrasing dust with you will further igbo unity, so be it, juggernaut. LOL
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by ayo011: 12:04am On Jul 08, 2012
The same economic reasons drives people's movement in US too. Like as I posited people tend to migrate to New York, California and Texas more than they move to Ohio, New Hampshire, NC/SC etc
So in essence its not only in Nigeria that economic reasons determine where to reside, all over the world. Today Canadians are brain-drained to US for economic reasons, but it does not take out the fact that Canada is equally beautiful, but then America takes the cake; the same way Lagos, PH, Onitsha and Kano takes the cake in Nigeria.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by MrGlobe(m): 12:53am On Jul 08, 2012
your argument is clearly not objective. what is economic reasons here? Economic reasons because am an actor and want to go to Hollywood in California for direct prospects or Economic reasons because I want to go to Ph to trade from crumbs coming out from oil companies. At the end of the day you want to find out how much places like Florida, Hawaii and even South Africa here makes from tourism. people migrating from canada could as well be for other reasons such as currency, weather etc. Owerri is a tourist city and if harnessed properly could even generate more money than Ph (there are better hotels, oguta lake, relaxed and planned city) - that's on the economic side you are talking. At the end of the day my argument with you is that owerri is more beautiful than ph. Screaming economy as if money grows on trees in port harcourt. Ph is overrated my friend. The slums out number the 'posh areas'
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by FACE(m): 2:09am On Jul 08, 2012
Olodostein:

You are like Chino. In fact, Chino is even better than you. Because he is real and speaks his mind but you are a chameleon. You took swipe at Rochas attempt to build 4 new universities and Owerri in another thread and came to this thread to say another thing.

You are a confirm Hypocrite. If raising more embarrasing dust with you will further igbo unity, so be it, juggernaut. LOL

So you did not realise that chino,bestview,ayo011,one.east were just a few of many names used by the same person with multi personality disorder ? I see you as a smart fella, so please don't let "him" suck you into making blanket comments about Anambra people. You should know that the thin line between Imo and Anambra is only artificial.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Afam4eva(m): 2:30am On Jul 08, 2012
ayo011: The same economic reasons drives people's movement in US too. Like as I posited people tend to migrate to New York, California and Texas more than they move to Ohio, New Hampshire, NC/SC etc
So in essence its not only in Nigeria that economic reasons determine where to reside, all over the world. Today Canadians are brain-drained to US for economic reasons, but it does not take out the fact that Canada is equally beautiful, but then America takes the cake; the same way Lagos, PH, Onitsha and Kano takes the cake in Nigeria.
You just proved that the main reason why people move to a particular city is for economic reasons and not because of the beauty of the city. PH is definitely going to attract more people not because it's the most liveable out there but because there's more money to be made there than Owerri or Enugu for example. If people lived in cities because it's liveable and beautiful, then places like Enugu, Owerri and Calabar will be the most populated cities in Nigeria.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 08, 2012
FACE:

So you did not realise that chino,bestview,ayo011,one.east were just a few of many names used by the same person with multi personality disorder ? I see you as a smart fella, so please don't let "him" suck you into making blanket comments about Anambra people. You should know that the thin line between Imo and Anambra is only artificial.

No qualms bro. Whoever he may be.

Peace to all.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by ayo011: 7:52am On Jul 08, 2012
The same point am making, people will always prefer economic cities over and above what you call Nigerian 'beautiful cities' anytime any day for so many reasons that are crystal clear. Today my gov is developing a massive game/film village in Ikare-Ekiti, but I assure you that it will not even attract 1/100 of people who troop into Agbara/Ogun state for economic reasons.

So what I advice our governments at all levels is to build economic cities within a city that will be a kind of economic-buster to improve on the IGR. I assure you, when the oil eventually dries up, there will not be enough money to service those economic incapacitated cities that usually comes from the economic cities. Its not also surprise that the so called 'beautiful cities' (Ekiti, Imo, Gombe, Taraba,Enugu and so on); falls among the economically and financially dead state as against the bouyant and flourishing economies of (Akwaibom, Anambra, Ogun, Kano etc). as published by senate committee recently.

Go back and check how much the so called 'beautiful cities' make out of tourism, you will be amazed that it will not be enough to buy a loaf of bread.lol. Today China has built economic cities/zones in all its regions, today their economy has grown beyond UK and France. We need to start building on economy and stop deceiving ourselves with Nigerian standard jungles called 'beautiful cities'
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Afam4eva(m): 9:00am On Jul 08, 2012
ayo011:

The same point am making, people will always prefer economic cities over and above what you call Nigerian 'beautiful cities' anytime any day for so many reasons that are crystal clear. Today my gov is developing a massive game/film village in Ikare-Ekiti, but I assure you that it will not even attract 1/100 of people who troop into Agbara/Ogun state for economic reasons.

So what I advice our governments at all levels is to build economic cities within a city that will be a kind of economic-buster to improve on the IGR. I assure you, when the oil eventually dries up, there will not be enough money to service those economic incapacitated cities that usually comes from the economic cities. Its not also surprise that the so called 'beautiful cities' (Ekiti, Imo, Gombe, Taraba,Enugu and so on); falls among the economically and financially dead state as against the bouyant and flourishing economies of (Akwaibom, Anambra, Ogun, Kano etc). as published by senate committee recently.

Go back and check how much the so called 'beautiful cities' make out of tourism, you will be amazed that it will not be enough to buy a loaf of bread.lol. Today China has built economic cities/zones in all its regions, today their economy has grown beyond UK and France. We need to start building on economy and stop deceiving ourselves with Nigerian standard jungles called 'beautiful cities'
But the thread is not asking for the most commercial or economically viable cities. Read the topic again.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by MrGlobe(m): 12:48pm On Jul 08, 2012
^
Exactly and who called Ekiti or Taraba or those other lame states you posted beautiful? When we are even talking economy Ph and akwa ibom you mentioned are solely dependent on oil. That is not an economic viable city. when the oil dries up and the oil companies go, then you will realize how empty Ph and akwa ibom is. IMO has oil too so I don't understand your point exactly. UAE like other countries have oil too but making most of their revenues from tourism. I would only count 'standard' economic cities in Nigeria as Kano, Lagos, Nnewi, Onitsha. Since you called China, how many people are moving to china from UK, France etc because of their 'improved economy'? I told you the mass migration in Nigeria has to do with the massive poverty in the system.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by ayo011: 1:35pm On Jul 08, 2012
I don't really understand where you taking this to?

And you think there is no poverty in US and UK, although its not as biting as ours. But the same economic hardship drives them also, that is the reason why you will have more population in New York and Texas than you will see in Oklahoma and Denver, the later are more serene due to population of white-collar as against the former with much of blue-collar and equally white-collar jobs to some extent, the both constitute a very high population per square kilometer- New York is a case-study.

The same analysis applies to any part of the globe, whether Nigeria or elsewhere. So no matter how beautiful a city is today, if it does not have any economic value nobody nor investors touches the place. A city can be beautiful and at the same time has economic value; Lagos is a case-study.

Am sure that when places as Ogun, Onitsha, Kano and so on, are developed fully to its peak as being done now, then they will equally enjoy the combination of tourism and economic values as being witness in Lagos today. Because the combination of the two drives economy effectively.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by MrGlobe(m): 1:53pm On Jul 08, 2012
This will be my last reply to you. There is poverty in the US? over I00 million Nigerians live on less than a dollar a day compare the poverty in the two climes and see if the difference is not that of heaven and earth. what is the economic value in St Tropez, St Barth's, Hawaii, and other carribean countries and yet people are trooping there daily for vacation and dropping money. people could move to new York for other reasons other than economy. why is everybody not moving to China?
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Abagworo(m): 6:51pm On Jul 08, 2012
ayo011:

Well I would have agreed with you but me thinks people are rather leaving Onitsha for Asaba. I've never met anyone that relocated to Onitsha for any reason. Owerri is developing and expanding much faster than Onitsha too. When I was in secondary school Onitsha started from Obosi and ended at Nkpor,Head bridge and 33. I don't know how far it has expanded now. Asaba on the other hand was a road side town that had little houses.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Afam4eva(m): 7:02pm On Jul 08, 2012
Abagworo:

Well I would have agreed with you but me thinks people are rather leaving Onitsha for Asaba. I've never met anyone that relocated to Onitsha for any reason. Owerri is developing and expanding much faster than Onitsha too. When I was in secondary school Onitsha started from Obosi and ended at Nkpor,Head bridge and 33. I don't know how far it has expanded now. Asaba on the other hand was a road side town that had little houses.
People are moving to Asaba because Onitsha is too crowded and they need some peace and quiet. Most of these people still do business in Onitsha. Infact if you ask them, they'll tell you that they live in Onitsha and not in Asaba. To them, Asaba is just a surburb of Onitsha. I don't mean no disrespect for Asaba.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by oneeast: 8:10pm On Jul 08, 2012
^

Don't mind the boy Abagworo, he is just a piece of work. I think you conveniently busted his bubble. grin

Tell me in clear terms how many people moves to Owerre for a anything except for 'umu-akwukwo' who moves away from the dry town in droves once they through with school.

Owerre is not even up one third of Onitsha. Onitsha has developed beyond its borders, that is why the UN adjudged the city among the five fastest developing cities in the world.
Just like somebody pointed out, Asaba has become a surburb of Onitsha city just because of the nearness to each other.

Onitsha is among the major Nigeria cities as PH, Lagos that people move to live and work/trade for economic reason which drives movement people and investor alike. Onitsha maybe crowded just like every other commercial/economic Nigerian cities, but it has also good residential neighborhoods just like in other economic cities.

Am yet to see anybody that leaves school and decides to go to Owerre for anything whatsoever, except passing through the town en route to PH via the Onitsha expressway.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by eaglechild: 6:07pm On Jul 11, 2012
Owerri vs PH which is more developed / planned?

Bitter cola and nivaquine which is 'sweeter'

Ans: both are bitter

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Umahi: Ebonyi People Will Vote Tinubu, Not Peter Obi, Labour Party / Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M / Anxiety In 25 States As Govs, 324 Others Move Against Election Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.