Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? (34156 Views)

Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos / Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? / A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by str8talk1: 7:34pm On Mar 16, 2012
afam4eva: Owerri is more sane, and well planned but port-hacourt has more value.
d first law of increase is order(well planned). hw can their b 'actual' development whn things r not well planned.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Afam4eva(m): 7:40pm On Mar 16, 2012
mercenaryx:

Please answer the question and quit the verbosity.

How i'm i being verbose? You see the reason why i say the government should invest more money into education. Some asked a simple question "Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned?". The keywords being Developed and Planned. Port-hacourt definitely takes the cake as per development because it has grown beyond it's initial limits. But Owerri is the most planned and it's more green and orderly than port-hacourt.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Afam4eva(m): 7:41pm On Mar 16, 2012
str8_talk:
d first law of increase is order(well planned). hw can their b 'actual' development whn things r not well planned.

You have a point but in Nigeria i don't think that rings true. Lagos for example is one of the most disorganized city but it's the most urban developed.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by BaBaMike: 7:43pm On Mar 16, 2012
port Harcourt beats Owerri hands down
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by bestview: 7:44pm On Mar 16, 2012
PH for life.

Owerre = Prostitutes and harlotry, that is the only economic activity in that back yard town with their cheap and harlot infested dirty hotels grin
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by DualCore1: 7:46pm On Mar 16, 2012
Mr. Globe:

don't mind the idiots who have their brains in their azz.

Don't insult people, if you are a kid act like a grown person. If you are a grown person, stop being childish.
Some people who have posted a reply on your thread could give birth to you and add double jara on top your age. Respect the unknown.

If you still want to go on your childish rampage and reply me with an insult, save it. You will only sleep with a painful heart because I won't reply.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by solgee(m): 7:50pm On Mar 16, 2012
Ph is more developed, Owerri is well planned n cleaner.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Afam4eva(m): 7:52pm On Mar 16, 2012
solgee: Ph is more developed, Owerri is well planned n cleaner.

Thank you for understanding the question.

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by BaBaMike: 7:52pm On Mar 16, 2012
Dual Core:

Don't insult people, if you are a kid act like a grown person. If you are a grown person, stop being childish.
Some people who have posted a reply on your thread could give birth to you and add double jara on top your age. Respect the unknown.

If you still want to go on your childish rampage and reply me with an insult, save it. You will only sleep with a painful heart because I won't reply.

I love your comments..You sound like a humble man.

3 Likes

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by mercenaryx(m): 7:52pm On Mar 16, 2012
afam4eva:

How i'm i being verbose? You see the reason why i say the government should invest more money into education. Some asked a simple question "Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned?". The keywords being Developed and Planned. Port-hacourt definitely takes the cake as per development because it has grown beyond it's initial limits. But Owerri is the most planned and it's more green and orderly than port-hacourt.

A bunkum well spewed... You still haven't made a sane point.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Afam4eva(m): 7:53pm On Mar 16, 2012
mercenaryx:

A bunkum well spewed... You still haven't made a sane point.

So says confuscius. Read in-between the lines.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by mercenaryx(m): 7:59pm On Mar 16, 2012
afam4eva:

So says confuscius. Read in-between the lines.

Please dont make me puke.... Where are the line?
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Afam4eva(m): 8:01pm On Mar 16, 2012
mercenaryx:

Please dont make me puke.... Where are the line?

*lines
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Dede1(m): 8:05pm On Mar 16, 2012
Abagworo:

And to add Port Harcourt is 6 times more populated. Port Harcourt is also far more civilized as it hosts people from all parts of the world. Owerri is more beautiful and spacious though.

They cannot be compared until Owerri extends to Orlu, Umuneke Ngor ,Umuagwo, Awaka and Anara. That is about the size of Port Harcourt.

Wow!!! Bros, even if Port Harcourt is Lagos, it could not be compared with Owerri that stretched to Orlu. Port Harcourt has not yet engulfed Umuebula, Iriebe and Obigbo. In fact, Owerri is stretching faster than Port Harcourt. However, I do not wish to get into argument between Owerri and Port Harcourt. By the way, Port Harcourt (Igwe-ocha) was originally designed to be beautiful hence Garden City. I honestly believed Owerri is designed to look like Port Harcourt without the benefit of the Sea.

Port Harcourt is more developed from the infrastructural view point than Owerri but Owerri is better planned landscape wise than Port Harcourt.

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by mercenaryx(m): 8:06pm On Mar 16, 2012
afam4eva:

*lines

Misplaced priorities.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Yeske2(m): 8:18pm On Mar 16, 2012
Visited both cities, Owerri is more serene and beautiful but PH is the money machine. In fact Owerri is supposed to be a tourist haven with it's beautiful layout and hotels unlike chaotic PH with it's 'go-slow' just like Lagos
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Danigmatic(m): 8:24pm On Mar 16, 2012
Considering †ђξ infrastructural development portharcourt is far better,,if I may ask Ђơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ω many bridges re in oowerri?,,is there an airport in owerri?,,portharcourt is business Ãήϑ financially extravagant than oweeri?,,in terms of national shows portharcourt is a must venue,,even †ђξ inhabitants in portharcourt is more oriented than †ђξ owerries,,
Portharcourt beat dem jawe

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by MrGlobe(m): 8:34pm On Mar 16, 2012
Yeske!:
Visited both cities, Owerri is more serene and beautiful but PH is the money machine. In fact Owerri is supposed to be a tourist haven with it's beautiful layout and hotels unlike chaotic PH with it's 'go-slow' just like Lagos
bros thank you jare... People dont just understand because they have not stepped out of their zones. Apart from oil money, ph is overrated!
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by MrGlobe(m): 8:37pm On Mar 16, 2012
newslive: Owerri is more beautiful, cleaner and well planned
PH is quite beautiful but has more industries and population
Exactly.... Ph is just the typical african developmental setting while owerri is advanced in setting..
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by MrGlobe(m): 8:40pm On Mar 16, 2012
BaBa Mike:

I love your comments..You sound like a humble man.
No mind that guy oh. Na real trouble maker, na why I just avoid am jeje.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Ejine(m): 8:42pm On Mar 16, 2012
bestview: PH for life.

Owerre = Prostitutes and harlotry, that is the only economic activity in that back yard town with their cheap and harlot infested dirty hotels grin

Haaa! Chino, you are truly shameless, and this is why I maintain you are an illiterate. Hiding under multiple ID's eh?
And I see you're still hruting badly from yesterday's unanimous consensus about Awka being a below-par town.
Don't worry bro. . . Maybe in 649 years time, your city would eventually be able of dreaming to attain the levels of Owerri of 1952 wink grin grin grin grin

Here's Awka grin shocked

More images here: Anambra PhotoNews: The Propaganda, Healthcare, Education, Erosion & Environment http://247ureports.com/2011/10/appraising-anambra-govt-healthcare-education-erosion-environment/
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by 13volts(m): 8:43pm On Mar 16, 2012
The only common features describing Owere is the abundance of Hotel. Jeez if that is the yardstick used to compare PHC and an Ashawo city then sorry for you guys. I ve not been to Owerri but I know PHC very well and I have to say PHC is really beautiful.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by dmainboss: 8:43pm On Mar 16, 2012
How can Owerri not be clean and organised when there is nothing in it.Its like asking who is more organised between a family man with 4 kids living in a duplex and a barchelor just fresh from NYSC with only one lean mattress living in one room. St.u.p.id comparison.

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by MrGlobe(m): 8:45pm On Mar 16, 2012
Danigmatic: Considering †ђξ infrastructural development portharcourt is far better,,if I may ask Ђơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ω many bridges re in oowerri?,,is there an airport in owerri?,,portharcourt is business Ãήϑ financially extravagant than oweeri?,,in terms of national shows portharcourt is a must venue,,even †ђξ inhabitants in portharcourt is more oriented than †ђξ owerries,,
Portharcourt beat dem jawe
ok, please sit down here \____. Ignorantum
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by MrGlobe(m): 8:49pm On Mar 16, 2012
dmainboss: How can Owerri not be clean and organised when there is nothing in it.Its like asking who is more organised between a family man with 4 kids living in a duplex and a barchelor just fresh from NYSC with only one lean mattress living in one room. St.u.p.id comparison.
you sound like you are just fresh from common entrance examination? Goodluck
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 16, 2012
dmainboss: How can Owerri not be clean and organised when there is nothing in it.Its like asking who is more organised between a family man with 4 kids living in a duplex and a barchelor just fresh from NYSC with only one lean mattress living in one room. St.u.p.id comparison.

well said
the op is very stweepid
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 16, 2012
Ejiné:

Haaa! Chino, you are truly shameless, and this is why I maintain you are an illiterate. Hiding under multiple ID's eh?
And I see you're still hruting badly from yesterday's unanimous consensus about Awka being a below-par town.
Don't worry bro. . . Maybe in 649 years time, your city would eventually be able of dreaming to attain the levels of Owerri of 1952 wink grin grin grin grin

Here's Awka grin shocked

More images here: Anambra PhotoNews: The Propaganda, Healthcare, Education, Erosion & Environment http://247ureports.com/2011/10/appraising-anambra-govt-healthcare-education-erosion-environment/

looks like orumba, not awka
una don start again
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by MrGlobe(m): 8:51pm On Mar 16, 2012
13volts: The only common features describing Owere is the abundance of Hotel. Jeez if that is the yardstick used to compare PHC and an Ashawo city then sorry for you guys. I ve not been to Owerri but I know PHC very well and I have to say PHC is really beautiful.
You know all these abt owerri and have never been to owerri? Nigerians!

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Ejine(m): 8:52pm On Mar 16, 2012
13volts: The only common features describing Owere is the abundance of Hotel. Jeez if that is the yardstick used to compare PHC and an Ashawo city then sorry for you guys. I ve not been to Owerri but I know PHC very well and I have to say PHC is really beautiful.

So, wait, let me get something straight. . . You've never been to the place but you feel you can sit your useless butt in Almajiri City and talk about a place you've never visited? You see why people call you a dumb Aboki?
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Danigmatic(m): 9:00pm On Mar 16, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Anybody saying ph is more beautiful and well planned has clearly not been to owerri. Ph is just overrated. I have lived in both states well to know. Owerri has a more beautiful landscape, just that they dont have oil companies and maybe industries. Can you compare the 5 star hotels in owerri or the decorated pathways to the madness in ph? Ph is just an industrial state
now I see,,calling hotels eva heard of presidential hotels?,,,,clubs eva heard of cassablanca?,,eddie's wine bar,? †ђξ list is endless,,
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Ejine(m): 9:06pm On Mar 16, 2012
More on Anambra. . .

This is AWKA! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Follow this link to find out more! shocked http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3882:the-anambra-tragedy&catid=36:pointblank

Some excerpts from the link:

"In another incident, 20 people were reportedly killed in a major armed robbery attack in Awka, the state capital.
This is not an isolated case. Regularly, movie-like attacks and killings by armed robbers occur in all parts of the state. Sadly, it is a testimony to the growing parlous state of the economy, worsening level of poverty and the ravaging unemployment rate. Yet, the Police appear completely helpless in taming the menace.
Last December, an armed robbery incident in Abagana, Anambra State, left five policemen dead.
Armed robbers and kidnappers constantly hold the citizens hostage. An incredible exodus of notable person’s especially top professionals and business people has left the state and relocated to Abuja, Lagos, Enugu and other cities cry cry
."

Another one. . .

The Smiling Governor
Peter Obi When you ask questions, sympathizers of Peter Obi will tell you the governor stands tall among other Nigeria governors; and that compared to others prior to him, Obi is a saint!
This strikes you a dubious and lazy defence for a governor that inherited the Chris Ngige legacy in Anambra State. Governor Obi gives the impression of a good ordinary man saddled with a responsibility that is higher than his IQ and best exposure, which is a pity for the state.
Yet it appears that Peter Obi has charmed the entire state with his innocent face and gap-toothed smile.

I was once asked “What could be done for Anambrarians to know the real Peter Obi?” the Anambra man in USA lamented: “It irks me when guys, especially in Diaspora think this Governor Peter Obi is a saint”.
When I asked a person near the Governor the reason for this innocent belief, he responded that “Peter Obi has 10 lives, a snake in a monkeys shadow, a sly fox, and deception unlimited!”
One thing with Peter Obi is that he believes that Anambra State money could buy him anything, he added. “I doff my hat for him...a man who could bribe Maurice Iwu, and carry out the most technically rigged election in history...yet have the said election declared the freest and fairest in the history of Anambra State...well....enough said...”
In the meantime, ‘the very processes of government are reduced to hollow rituals for rent seeking and glorified indolence. Nothing gets done except in the service of a very corrupt officialdom. Salaries of workers have remained unpaid. Pensioners have forgotten when last they got paid. The most elementary responsibilities of government are everywhere in abeyance. Teachers do not get paid. Hospitals have neither drugs nor personnel. Existing manpower in state institutions is so demoralized that the threat of mass suicide looms. Local governments see only a fraction of their statutory allocation’
."

I hope you guys are having a look at the TRUE realities that are on ground. Don't let this pompous idiiotic sycophant foool you. Instead of rolling up his sleeves and actually getting to work on the shocking things happening in that dead zone, he's here on the internet trying to denigrate Owerri - a city that is far more progressive than he and his gang of underfed lackeys can ever think of competing with.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere / Politics Without Bitterness: Governor Udom Emmanuel Hugs Akpabio And Nsima Ekere / Atiku Blew Kisses In Owerri During The South-East Campaign Rally (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.