Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Co-habitation - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Co-habitation (2953 Views)

Poll: Is it ok to move in with your spouse before getting married?

Yes: 11% (2 votes)
No: 76% (13 votes)
Maybe: 11% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Advice: Marriage, Relationship, Friendship-friendzoned And Co-habitation Issues / Co Habitation Vs Dating Married Man / Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Co-habitation by jmoore(m): 9:01am On Mar 20, 2012
queensmith:
i don't remember seeing cohabitation in the bible sha- people are going to make it a bigger sin than premarital sex? Or are the women just afraid of what will happen to their social reputations with people knowing theyve shacked up with thier lovers? lol

You cannot separate cohabitation and premarital sex. Both compliment each other. When was the last time you read the bible??

queensmith:
there's no difference btn shackin up with your boyfriend and with your husband.

There is a difference, a very big difference. It is about how you value your body "why would you buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?"
Do you want to be woman who the man milks for free or would you rather be "purchased".
Re: Co-habitation by InkedNerd(f): 9:19am On Mar 20, 2012
jmoore:

You cannot separate cohabitation and premarital sex. Both compliment each other. When was the last time you read the bible??

Yes, you can. Just because two people live together doesn't mean that they're having sëx. It's because you choose to see them as one in the same that makes you say that they are not separate.

jmoore: There is a difference, a very big difference. It is about how you value your body "why would you buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?"
Do you want to be woman who the man milks for free or would you rather be "purchased".

In essence, you're referencing women as property.
Re: Co-habitation by queensmith: 9:24am On Mar 20, 2012
jmoore:

That is exactly what I meant, so cohabitation simply implies premarital sex to the world. And that is most females problems! If your having premarital sex it's no bigger sin to live with your partner. Both will lead you to hell!

jmoore:
There is a difference, a very big difference. It is about how you value your body "why would you buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?"
again, if your having sex already what difference does it make? I'm not a piece of clothing so I don't want to be purchased and I don't believe marriage is a mans way of 'purchasing' a woman. Lawd almighty we need to get rid of these backwards ideologies.
Marriage is a couples responsibility, if they feel it's the step they need to take they will take it. Co habitation will not change that. Unless like I said they become content. And there's nothing wrong with that. I've seen couples live together longer than most marriages last nowadays. Besides the decision to marry is normally cultural and it doesn't determine anything but the money you spend on the ceremony. It doesnt validate the relationship rather peoples perception of it.
Re: Co-habitation by jmoore(m): 11:15am On Mar 20, 2012
"purchased" it was in quote, do not interpret it the way it is.

Inked_Nerd:

Yes, you can. Just because two people live together doesn't mean that they're having sëx. It's because you choose to see them as one in the same that makes you say that they are not separate.

Hello!!!!!! a man cannot be living with a woman he is not married to and still not engage in sex. They will do it.

queensmith:
Besides the decision to marry is normally cultural and it doesn't determine anything but the money you spend on the ceremony. It doesnt validate the relationship rather peoples perception of it.

The decision to marry has nothing to do with culture, you were talking about the bible,I wonder where all your views come from, You seem to be mixing everything. Marriage is not a just ceremony, marriage validates a relationship, it means your bodies belong to each other. If Obi who is not married to Ada is sleeping with Ada and later she founds out that he is sleeping with Oge, that is not cheating because at no point did both of you made it known to yourselves and the world that your bodies belong to each other. Cheating is when Obi is married to Ada and goes ahead to sleep with Oge

queensmith:
I've seen couples live together longer than most marriages last nowadays.

It is easy for me to point out married couples that are celebrating 10 years,25 years,50 years, 60 years marriage anniversary. How many unmarried couples have cohabited for the 10 years,25 years,50 years, 60 years, etc?
Re: Co-habitation by Olumogun: 10:07pm On Mar 20, 2012
If Obi who is not married to Ada is sleeping with Ada and later she founds out that he is sleeping with Oge, that is not cheating because at no point did both of you made it known to yourselves and the world that your bodies belong to each other. Cheating is when Obi is married to Ada and goes ahead to sleep with Oge

One hard TRUTH that many will not want to see or read.
It provide answer to all the arguments.
Re: Co-habitation by queensmith: 1:03am On Mar 21, 2012
Jmoore- your obviously clueless, what does marriage have to do with the church when people get married in the courthouse? Non christians get married, are their relationships invalid?
You also know nothing of common law cohabitation. There are plenty of couples even in nigeria that arent officially married!
Re: Co-habitation by InkedNerd(f): 5:14am On Mar 21, 2012
jmoore: Hello!!!!!! a man cannot be living with a woman he is not married to and still not engage in sex. They will do it.

How the motha flippin' hell would you know? Do you speak for ALL men?!?!? No, you obviously don't! I suggest you take your 'hello' elsewhere since you cannot speak for all men on this matter.
Re: Co-habitation by fstranger2: 5:26am On Mar 21, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

How the motha flippin' hell would you know? Do you speak for ALL men?!?!? No, you obviously don't! I suggest you take your 'hello' elsewhere since you cannot speak for all men on this matter.

Whats up babe? Hows ya job and the kids?
Re: Co-habitation by InkedNerd(f): 5:38am On Mar 21, 2012
fstranger2:

Whats up babe? Hows ya job and the kids?

Sorry, you got me mistaken with some other girl. No kids over here.
Re: Co-habitation by fstranger2: 5:42am On Mar 21, 2012
^^^

Okay'lets make 'some then
Re: Co-habitation by InkedNerd(f): 5:48am On Mar 21, 2012
fstranger2: ^^^

Okay'lets make 'some then

No thank you. You're more than welcome to make someone with someone else.
Re: Co-habitation by fstranger2: 6:00am On Mar 21, 2012
Okay, what if I pay you for it?
Re: Co-habitation by InkedNerd(f): 6:13am On Mar 21, 2012
fstranger2: Okay, what if I pay you for it?

Sorry, my womb isn't for sale/rent.
Re: Co-habitation by fstranger2: 6:18am On Mar 21, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

Sorry, my womb isn't for sale/rent.

I agree. But everything has a price, your womb included. No one has to know. You come in the middle of the night and i drop you home the following morning. You can take the ferry if you want, your choice.
Re: Co-habitation by InkedNerd(f): 6:28am On Mar 21, 2012
fstranger2:

I agree. But everything has a price, your womb included. No one has to know. You come in the middle of the night and i drop you home the following morning. You can take the ferry if you want, your choice.

Nope, not interested. My womb is not for sale/rent. Go put up an ad on Craigslist and call it a day.
Re: Co-habitation by jmoore(m): 9:00am On Mar 21, 2012
queensmith: Jmoore- your obviously clueless, what does marriage have to do with the church when people get married in the courthouse? Non christians get married, are their relationships invalid?
You also know nothing of common law cohabitation. There are plenty of couples even in nigeria that arent officially married!

Me, clueless? It is you that need a little bit of education. At no point did I say that church wedding is the only form of marriage. Please read between lines before jumping into conclusions. There is nothing like unofficially married, when you are married, you are married. Obi can go to Ada's parents and tell them that he wants to marry their daughter. Ada's father gives his consent and depending on the culture he will fulfill what Ada's father says and then Ada is now his wife.

queensmith:
You also know nothing of common law cohabitation

which one is common law cohabitation? You learnt that in school?
Re: Co-habitation by jmoore(m): 9:05am On Mar 21, 2012
jmoore: Hello!!!!!! a man cannot be living with a woman he is not married to and still not engage in sex. They will do it.

Inked_Nerd:

How the motha flippin' hell would you know? Do you speak for ALL men?!?!? No, you obviously don't! I suggest you take your 'hello' elsewhere since you cannot speak for all men on this matter.[/font][/size]

I do not need to speak for all men, a man cannot be cohabiting with a woman,sleeping in the same room and still not have sex. Tell your story to someone else
Re: Co-habitation by Hardunnii(f): 9:06am On Mar 21, 2012
God please save our generation
Re: Co-habitation by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 21, 2012
Hardunnii: God please save our generation
My sister it is beyond redemption, the entire batch is hellbound.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Tread For Those Who Survived D Nairaland Blast. / Husband Scarcity And The Way Forward. / How Not To Be Friendzoned!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.