Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! (23618 Views)

Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) / What Really Are Those Things Common Amongst Us As A People That Binds Us? / Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Beaf: 3:57pm On Mar 23, 2012
olayinka1987:
This is the difference between me and you. I can banter on the internet then go about my daily life without carrying hard feelings. You banter on the internet (yes I've seen you in many threads mouthing off) but can't separate the internet from your real life lol. Igbo people can dish it out but they can't take it, well that's how it seems anyway wink. Don't you know this is only NL? Come on, time to take a chill pill my man. It's no big thing.

The bolded is definite.
Like I said, cultures are different. In a multi-cultural World, the person who goes poking fun at other ethnic groups and spreading hate, while thinking they would see it as banter is little different from a fool. The reason is, in cultures where people are of few words, things simply get quietly written in a little black book.

So please, let us keep "banter" out of descriptions of peoples identities. It isn't fun.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by olayinka1987: 4:03pm On Mar 23, 2012
Beaf:

The bolded is definite.
Like I said, cultures are different. In a multi-cultural World, the person who goes poking fun at other ethnic groups and spreading hate, while thinking they would see it as banter is little different from a fool. The reason is, in cultures where people are of few words, things simply get quietly written in a little black book.

So please, let us keep "banter" out of descriptions of peoples identities. It isn't fun.

So what have you been doing all these threads, Saint Beaf of NL? You're one of the biggest tribalists on here. You should be the last one bitching about spreading hatred. Perfect example of the pot calling the kettel black.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by kufreabasi(m): 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2012
According to topic, to answer you yoruba and igbo are one in cheating, but difference in culture.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by OAM4J: 4:57pm On Mar 23, 2012
Very interesting thread! At least good one for a change.

Even if they are not historical brothers, they can be good friends, partners or form an alliance for the good of both citizens.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by emmke(m): 5:01pm On Mar 23, 2012
aint we all
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Magnanimity(m): 5:03pm On Mar 23, 2012
[quote author=bittyend][/quote] Ndi Ofe Mmanu
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by ACM10: 5:19pm On Mar 23, 2012
OAM4J, why did u delete the post by Ola_one? undecided
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by OAM4J: 5:44pm On Mar 23, 2012
ACM10: OAM4J, why did u delete the post by Ola_one? undecided

Where? I didn't delete any of his posts.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by ppnigeria: 5:52pm On Mar 23, 2012
Would you like to share your personal insights or stories from your community with PeoplePOWER News readers?
Join PeoplePOWER Nigeria, a platform that gives people the opportunity to express their views and comments on a wide range of issues affecting us as a nation.
Contribute your quota to national development.
Share your interest,knowledge and passion with millions of people worldwide. We also showcase people's profile,business and events.
Be heard and be informed.

PeoplePOWER Nigeria has many content providers, but we want to make sure that you have an opportunity to tell your story as well.
What newsworthy events are happening in your area or state?
How is your family affected by the partial removal of fuel subsidy or the latest piece of legislation? What's your take on the biggest stories of the day?
These are the kinds of insights we want you to share through the PeoplePOWER! Contributor Network.

Hungry for positive change in Nigeria?
Join our discussion forum today by registering at www.peoplepower.com.ng
Registration is absolutely free.
Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/peoplepowerng
On facebook: www.facebook.com/peoplepowernigeria

PLEASE TELL EVERYBODY YOU KNOW ABOUT US. PEOPLEPOWER- UNITED BY NEED FOR POSITIVE CHANGE.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 23, 2012
Stu-pid analysis.who wants to be brothers to kidnappers and armed robbers ?
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by CuteTj(m): 5:56pm On Mar 23, 2012
olayinka1987:

This is the difference between me and you. I can banter on the internet then go about my daily life without carrying hard feelings. You banter on the internet (yes I've seen you in many threads mouthing off) but can't separate the internet from your real life lol. Igbo people can dish it out but they can't take it, well that's how it seems anyway wink. Don't you know this is only NL? Come on, time to take a chill pill my man. It's no big thing.
Ure reply is the most appropriate to all the tribalists on NL. Im yoruba, i have alot of ibo friends who wouldn't take ibos over me just because they are ibos and likewise myself. If you are good to good to me why shouldn't i be good to you regardless of tribe. All you tribalists should go take chill pills.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by dripstoil: 6:00pm On Mar 23, 2012
Abagworo: The truth is that we may not be of same ancestor but we have interacted involuntarily for thousands of years that we have come to share words. Even Ijaw with its very unique language still shares so many words with Igbo. Such words as miji , otu, ama, ibe mean exactly same in both languages. Some of these shared words might be as recent as the 20th century while others might be thousands of years ago.Same goes with every other language in the South like Ibibio, Efik, Ogoni, Eleme, Ikwerre(95% shared words with Igbo), Edo languages including Urhobo(My moniker Abagoro seems to be rooted in Urhobo), Isoko(95% shared words with Urhobo),Esan,Itsekiri(80% shared words with Yoruba). The list goes on and on.

I speak both Igbo and Yoruba, and I must tell you that the similarities between these languages are too many to be taken as coincidents.

Apart from the spoken works, there are thousands of other contextaul similarities, i.e the way average Yoruba person pronounce "Ejo" "Ojota" etc, is exactly the same way average Igbo person will pronounce them, replacing the "J" with NON-EXISTING "VOWL".

"Oduduwa" is Igbo word "Odunwa" meaning "the last child". That's why no Yoruba person will tell you the meaning of Oduduwa except Historians, but Igbos will...
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by ifyalways(f): 6:38pm On Mar 23, 2012
Interesting thread.very.

Long lol @ "Kor brah"
Onyame adum.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by NEROSKY(m): 6:49pm On Mar 23, 2012
yorubas are manageable but majorities of dis people Depend on igbos,yorubas don't take risk,they prefer their counterpart to do that for them,they also have dis urge of receiving and not giving,i tell u dis becuz i mingle wif alot of them nd also they have the largest numbers of touts(Agbèrós),infact Igbo made lagos nd d Country in General,if u doubt me jst check all d business tiakuns...i dont mean insault but they are still sum useful yorubas outside their..All tribe has is comma,and average igbo man would tink of building a house,taking care of his family and as well being useful 2 d community, bt a yoruba cud be useful nd his philosophy would not tell him 2 do so....all d same,they ar manageable
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by dayokanu(m): 7:03pm On Mar 23, 2012
NEROSKY: yorubas are manageable but majorities of dis people Depend on igbos,yorubas don't take risk,they prefer their counterpart to do that for them,they also have dis urge of receiving and not giving,i tell u dis becuz i mingle wif alot of them nd also they have the largest numbers of touts(Agbèrós),infact Igbo made lagos nd d Country in General,if u doubt me jst check all d business tiakuns...i dont mean insault but they are still sum useful yorubas outside their..All tribe has is comma,and average igbo man would tink of building a house,taking care of his family and as well being useful 2 d community, bt a yoruba cud be useful nd his philosophy would not tell him 2 do so....all d same,they ar manageable

You tried with this post in pidgin Yoruba cos you managed to spell TYCOON in your local language.

What tenses like "majorities", "Taikuns", "Insault"

But the key question is If Ibos developed Lagos like you claimed, why havent they gone to their homeland and develop it. Or does their own land chase them away?
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by chreldb(m): 7:32pm On Mar 23, 2012
Why cant we just all get along? ONE NIGERIA! Please
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Beaf: 7:38pm On Mar 23, 2012
olayinka1987:

So what have you been doing all these threads, Saint Beaf of NL? You're one of the biggest tribalists on here. You should be the last one bitching about spreading hatred. Perfect example of the pot calling the kettel black.

I challenge you to point out a single such thread or deem yourself a liar. Deal?
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by dayokanu(m): 7:43pm On Mar 23, 2012
Beaf:

I challenge you to point out a single such thread or dim yourself a liar. Deal?

" Dim yourself".

Did you enroll in Musiwas university?

Laff wan broke person for back ooooooo

Na wa for Drunken fishermen Yinglishhhh cheesy cheesy grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by LogicMind: 7:49pm On Mar 23, 2012
This post has been hidden
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by LogicMind: 7:49pm On Mar 23, 2012
This post has been hidden 2
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by LogicMind: 7:50pm On Mar 23, 2012
This post is quite hidden
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by LogicMind: 7:50pm On Mar 23, 2012
This post is very hidden
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by LogicMind: 7:51pm On Mar 23, 2012
Please hide this post
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by LogicMind: 7:51pm On Mar 23, 2012
This post must remain hidden
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by CuteTj(m): 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2012
Beaf:

I challenge you to point out a single such thread or deem yourself a liar. Deal?
Yes, u talk like a tribalist. No need going back and forth on/with that fact.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by dayokanu(m): 8:03pm On Mar 23, 2012
Beaf:

I challenge you to point out a single such thread or dim yourself a liar. Deal?

Egbon mi razist,.

Can you now " DIM YOURSELF" a M0r0n?

;d cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Beaf: 8:07pm On Mar 23, 2012
CuteTj: Yes, u talk like a tribalist. No need going back and forth on/with that fact.

I can see the charge is slowly getting diluted. Lol!
Anyways:

Beaf: I challenge you to point out a single such thread or deem yourself a liar. Deal?
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by chreldb(m): 8:19pm On Mar 23, 2012
@logic mind
No be small thing o. I taya for all the hidden posts. Nairaland is getting to political for comfort.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by CuteTj(m): 8:20pm On Mar 23, 2012
Beaf:

I can see the charge is slowly getting diluted. Lol!
Anyways:

when more than one person comes forward to accuse you without ur accusers knowing themselves, know that the possibility of them saying the truth is high. They can't all be lying at the same time. Beaf, the truth is bitter. Accept that fact. No need trying to play the innocent card.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Ngodigha1(m): 8:24pm On Mar 23, 2012
There are more dismilarities between the two groups. For example, When a man takes his life in Igbo culture, it is an abomination. While in Yorubaland, it is not.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by CuteTj(m): 8:27pm On Mar 23, 2012
Ngodigha1: There are more dismilarities between the two groups. For example, When a man takes his life in Igbo culture, it is an abomination. While in Yorubaland, it is not.
and is that the only difference btw the two cultures u know or can mention? If it is, u have alot to learn o..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Leadership Is Selfish, Greedy, Self-centered, Says Dokpesi / Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) / 2023 Elections: Being A Spokesman Doesn't Give You Right To Abuse - Bishop Kukah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.