Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! (23625 Views)

Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) / What Really Are Those Things Common Amongst Us As A People That Binds Us? / Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 23, 2012
nna mu na umu ofe enwero ife anyi jiko onu. hoohaa.

@topic, everybody is related, yet Cain killed abel.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Beaf: 8:31pm On Mar 23, 2012
CuteTj: when more than one person comes forward to accuse you without ur accusers knowing themselves, know that the possibility of them saying the truth is high. They can't all be lying at the same time. Beaf, the truth is bitter. Accept that fact. No need trying to play the innocent card.

If they cannot go through my profile to provide proof, then they are LYING. No?
Here's the link to my profile:

https://www.nairaland.com/Beaf/posts

Proof, sir. Not sentiments. Ok?
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by solomon111(m): 8:35pm On Mar 23, 2012
CuteTj: and is that the only difference btw the two cultures u know or can mention? If it is, u have alot to learn o..
It is part of it. isn't it?
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Ngodigha1(m): 8:35pm On Mar 23, 2012
There are so many things Yorubas do that will make you wonder if they are related to the Igbo. I do not really think so
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 23, 2012
Ngodigha1: There are so many things Yorubas do that will make you wonder if they are related to the Igbo. I do not really think so

me too o.
igbo man is a deeply conscientious person. Yoruba don't give a damn even about his own blood. this stuff is deep and people here are not facing it
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Ngodigha1(m): 8:44pm On Mar 23, 2012
I can never forget that early morning I saw from my window a Yoruba man UnCloth his trouser and urinated inside a well used by locals for domestic purposes. Some of this traits make me feel we are not connected.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 23, 2012
Ngodigha1: I can never forget that early morning I saw from my window a Yoruba man UnCloth his trouser and urinated inside a well used by locals for domestic purposes. Some of this traits make me feel we are not connected.

in igboland, this would qualify for a big aru/alu. in the olden days, such crimes are punished by selling off the culprit into slavery. in fact igbo sold most of their criminals to slave catchers this way. igbo have a long and abiding group hate for evil. that is why it was very easy for the whites to convince us to stop killing twins for example.
the reason why osu has endured for long is because the osu in the olden days enjoyed huge privileges for centuries
for example, nobody dared sell, kill or abuse an osu then. anything the osu wanted in society was immediately given to them. they were like gods!

in a way, the osu thing is just retribution for many years of osu tyranny over the rest of us in igboland.
but even that one is already ending because igbo man cannot sustain an evil practice no matter the reason. our group hate for evil is profound. as individuals of course, people can do all kinds of things provided they are not discovered or caught. if caught, igbo justice is fierce, like happened during bakassi boys. to me that is the main difference between igbo and yoruba. the yoruba don't care much about all that as a group.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by executinal(m): 9:08pm On Mar 23, 2012
Subscribing.. . . . . . .. .
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Ngodigha1(m): 9:09pm On Mar 23, 2012
[b][/b]
re@lchange:

in igboland, this would qualify for a big aru/alu. in the olden days, such crimes are punished by selling off the culprit into slavery. in fact igbo sold most of their criminals to slave catchers this way. igbo have a long and abiding group hate for evil. that is why it was very easy for the whites to convince us to stop killing twins for example.
the reason why osu has endured for long is because the osu in the olden days enjoyed huge privileges for centuries
for example, nobody dared sell, kill or abuse an osu then. anything the osu wanted in society was immediately given to them. they were like gods!

in a way, the osu thing is just retribution for many years of osu tyranny over the rest of us in igboland.
but even that one is already ending because igbo man cannot sustain an evil practice no matter the reason. our group hate for evil is profound. as individuals of course, people can do all kinds of things provided they are not discovered or caught. if caught, igbo justice is fierce, like happened during bakassi boys. to me that is the main difference between igbo and yoruba. the yoruba don't care much about all that as a group.

It's true, the Yorubas do not care much about this things. Even the man who went and burnt Awolowo's monument in Lagos was spared. Only to tell the world that the chap was a mad man.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by dayokanu(m): 9:21pm On Mar 23, 2012
Ngodigha1: There are more dismilarities between the two groups. For example, When a man takes his life in Igbo culture, it is an abomination. While in Yorubaland, it is not.

I agree with you, Especially in Yorubaland, when a man who is supposed to lead an army takes to his heels, He is termed a coward while in Ibo culture he is seen as a hero
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Ngodigha1(m): 9:24pm On Mar 23, 2012
dayokanu:

I agree with you, Especially in Yorubaland, when a man who is supposed to lead an army takes to his heels, He is termed a cowars while in Ibo culture he is seen as a hero
You are a tribalist Dayokanu. It's true.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by dayokanu(m): 9:25pm On Mar 23, 2012
Ngodigha1:
You are a tribalist Dayokanu. It's true.

You are a tribalist Ngodigha. Its true
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by phreakabit(m): 9:27pm On Mar 23, 2012
I have nothing against the Yorubas, but I will never, and I stress my emphasis on the word never, consider a Yoruba man my brother! Their hatred for the Igbos,driven and fuelled by inferiority complex and excessive envy, resulting in utter bitterness is just too glaring! Add that to the fact that they are mostly (I don't want to be stereotyping here, so I wouldn't say ALL but I'd say most)treacherous back stabbers and you'd understand why I am not willing to ever change my stance on this issue.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by dayokanu(m): 9:32pm On Mar 23, 2012
phreakabit: I have nothing against the Yorubas, but I will never, and I stress my emphasis on the word never, consider a Yoruba man my brother! Their hatred for the Igbos,driven and fuelled by inferiority complex and excessive envy, resulting in utter bitterness is just too glaring! Add that to the fact that they are mostly (I don't want to be stereotyping here, so I wouldn't say ALL but I'd say most)treacherous back stabbers and you'd understand why I am not willing to ever change my stance on this issue.

Thank you . the feeling is mutual cos I consider most of them cowards, ingrates and greedy
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by aljharem(m): 9:34pm On Mar 23, 2012
Nairaland no go kill me ooo !!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

LOL @ Cain and Abel analogy
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by aljharem(m): 9:35pm On Mar 23, 2012
phreakabit: I have nothing against the Yorubas, but I will never, and I stress my emphasis on the word never, consider a Yoruba man my brother!

You started up well by saying the above

then you destroyed this thread by adding your bigotry to it even though you said you do not hate.SMH

Their hatred for the Igbos,driven and fuelled by inferiority complex and excessive envy, resulting in utter bitterness is just too glaring! Add that to the fact that they are mostly (I don't want to be stereotyping here, so I wouldn't say ALL but I'd say most)treacherous back stabbers and you'd understand why I am not willing to ever change my stance on this issue.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by NEROSKY(m): 9:38pm On Mar 23, 2012
dayokanu:

You tried with this post in pidgin Yoruba cos you managed to spell TYCOON in your local language.

What tenses like "majorities", "Taikuns", "Insault"

But the key question is If Ibos developed Lagos like you claimed, why havent they gone to their homeland and develop it. Or does their own land chase them away?
Ebi lik say u no sabi talk,y u no go fin work 4 lasu or unn....Mr lecturer!
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 23, 2012
dayokanu:

Thank you . the feeling is mutual cos I consider most of them cowards, ingrates and greedy

why do i have this feeling that you are talking about your people here?
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by dasparrow: 9:39pm On Mar 23, 2012
Too much back and forth bickering over ethnic differences on this forum. Give it a rest already. This is why I avoid Nigerians like a plague in real life because I am turned off by Nigerians' tribalistic/ethnocentric tendencies and mindsets. What we see here on Nairaland is a spill over of what obtains in Nigerian society and amongst Nigerians. Lateron, we go opening threads wondering why other Africans hate us. How can they love/like us when we don't even like ourselves and keep disrespecting ourselves every single chance we get and on the world wide web at that!
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by phreakabit(m): 9:41pm On Mar 23, 2012
re@lchange:

Thats because he actually is. Read his post again. . . LOL grin
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by aljharem(m): 9:43pm On Mar 23, 2012
One thing is clear. Yoruba and Igbos have totally different Ideologies. Yes the words might be similar etc but custom, what each respect and political ideologies are totally different. Just like engine oil and water. It is unfortunate but true and we should not deceive ourselves.

Although we have this differences it does not mean yoruba and igbos should hate or have prejudices against each other. We all can out grow pettiness and move Nigeria forward as a unite rather than 3 unites.

Well, I hope for the best.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by noiseless: 10:03pm On Mar 23, 2012
Nonsense!
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by CuteTj(m): 10:36pm On Mar 23, 2012
@ BEAF, i need not go through 791 pages of your posts because i stand to gain nothing trying to prove you wrong on NL, so why bother myself? At every given opportunity you attack ACN and Aregbesola. ACN/PDP wats the difference between them? They are just a bunch of thugs who want power at all cost but you never attack PDP despite evidence of their corrupt and inept leadership. You even mentioned in one of your posts that PDP is the only party for Nigeria (you said something of that nature but not exactly in those word). PDP is one of Nigeria's biggest. It seems you are a card carrying member of the PDP so not to worry, i understand your point of view. (And provide evidence that Aregbesola slapped all those you claim he slapped).
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by dayokanu(m): 10:59pm On Mar 23, 2012
re@lchange:

The same way you had a feeling that a runaway warlord is a hero

Your judgment cant see how greedy NdYibos are and how cowardly they are. No wonder they made "Abidjan" their second home
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Beaf: 11:01pm On Mar 23, 2012
CuteTj: @ BEAF, i need not go through 791 pages of your posts because i stand to gain nothing trying to prove you wrong on NL, so why bother myself? At every given opportunity you attack ACN and Aregbesola. ACN/PDP wats the difference between them? They are just a bunch of thugs who want power at all cost but you never attack PDP despite evidence of their corrupt and inept leadership. You even mentioned in one of your posts that PDP is the only party for Nigeria (you said something of that nature but not exactly in those word). PDP is one of Nigeria's biggest. It seems you are a card carrying member of the PDP so not to worry, i understand your point of view. (And provide evidence that Aregbesola slapped all those you claim he slapped).

Hilarious!

Attacking ACN does not make anyone an ethnic bigot. Gaddemit!

ACN is a political party for goodness sake!
Do you really think ACN is an ethnic group? shocked

Unu go take laf wound antelope o!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by jidestar: 11:04pm On Mar 23, 2012
OP IS A DREAMER BECAUSE JUST LIKE OIL AND WATER, Igbo AND YORUBA CAN'T MIX AND WON'T MIX. Absolutely nothing in common. cheesy
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by dayokanu(m): 11:10pm On Mar 23, 2012
Beaf:

Hilarious!

Unu go take laf kill wound antelope o!

Egbon mi razist, Do you still " DIM YOURSELF " fit to post on this forum?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

Your shelling is even making Ogbeni Liberty to facepalm
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by dayokanu(m): 11:11pm On Mar 23, 2012
Your shelling dey shame the statue of Liberty sef

[img]http://1.bp..com/_STrp9tUa_1E/TUsLsPsPqqI/AAAAAAAAAQs/09AXLOZg6ms/s400/liberty%2Bfacepalm.jpg[/img]
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Beaf: 11:40pm On Mar 23, 2012
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by CuteTj(m): 11:41pm On Mar 23, 2012
Beaf:

Hilarious!

Unu go take laf kill wound antelope o!

ACN for now is controlled by YORUBAS e.g Tinubu & Aregbesola. I see ure unhappy that ACN sent your party packing in the South West. Well, its understandable. You didn't admit/mention that PDP and ACN characters are in no way different. They are all a bunch of thieves and liar. Don't forget about the evidence i asked you to produce.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 23, 2012
bittyend: Yorubas and Igbos are being divided by selfish people - to keep Nigeria the way it is. Let's do away with our differences - because both tribes are guilty - and come together, so as to move Nigeria to the promise land. We're better off being together - than separated.

If we destroy this country, our children will never forgive us.

That's just common sense.
Brilliant post. cool

jidestar: OP IS A DREAMER BECAUSE JUST LIKE OIL AND WATER, Igbo AND YORUBA CAN'T MIX AND WON'T MIX. Absolutely nothing in common. cheesy

Interesting...
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Beaf: 12:02am On Mar 24, 2012
CuteTj: ACN for now is controlled by YORUBAS e.g Tinubu & Aregbesola. I see ure unhappy that ACN sent your party packing in the South West. Well, its understandable. You didn't admit/mention that PDP and ACN characters are in no way different. They are all a bunch of thieves and liar. Don't forget about the evidence i asked you to produce.

My broda, just understand that it is clownish and foolish to equate ACN with Yoruba. Its like comedy.
By the way, I do not belong to any political party, so stew in your contrived juice, bruv.

Only on NL would you find clowns levelling charges of ethnic bigotry, because a political party was attacked. I wonder what ethnic group people insult when they attack PDP or ANPP etc? Please tell me, bro, cos I'm waiting to call somebody an ethnic bigot for that! LOLZZZZZZZ!!!

Funny shiit! grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Avert Another Bomb Blast In Kano / The Bricklayer’s Breakdown Of Nigeria’s Proposed 2015 Budget / Photos And Videos From The Apc Presidential Campaign Rally In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.