Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,707 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! (23623 Views)

Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) / What Really Are Those Things Common Amongst Us As A People That Binds Us? / Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by kwajahafiz(m): 12:03am On Mar 24, 2012
who does the topic poster think he is , trying to engender or broker all this peace among the yorubas and the ibos..
lets face it. these two are mortal enemies and how can the ibo forgive the yoruba for thier betrayal during the civil war?. The enmity between these two is more than skin deep. Its in the genes. I say let them keep at it.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by dayokanu(m): 12:09am On Mar 24, 2012
kwajahafiz: who does the topic poster think he is , trying to engender or broker all this peace among the yorubas and the ibos..
lets face it. these two are mortal enemies and how can the ibo forgive the yoruba for thier betrayal during the civil war?. The enmity between these two is more than skin deep. Its in the genes. I say let them keep at it.

And How do you expect the Yorubas to forgive the Igbos(Nwobosi and Ifeajuna) for killing their leaders and allowing Azikwe and Okpara to escape in January 1967

That is the root of tribalism in Nigeria. When Ibo soldiers can go kill innocent politicians in their bedroom and spare that

thats cowardice, Betrayal, backstabbing all rolled in one

Ibos can never be trusted
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by CuteTj(m): 12:20am On Mar 24, 2012
kwajahafiz: who does the topic poster think he is , trying to engender or broker all this peace among the yorubas and the ibos..
is there a crime in not sharing in another persons dream /vision? Pls look for another excuse.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by CuteTj(m): 12:29am On Mar 24, 2012
Beaf:

My broda, just understand that it is clownish and foolish to equate ACN with Yoruba. Its like comedy.
By the way, I do not belong to any political party, so stew in your contrived juice, bruv.

Only on NL would you find clowns levelling charges of ethnic bigotry, because a political party was attacked. I wonder what ethnic group do people insult when they attack PDP or ANPP etc? Please tell me, bro, cos I'm waiting to call somebody an ethnic bigot for that! LOLZZZZZZZ!!!

Funny shiit! grin grin
i have never seen you attack other personalities aside Tinubu and Aregbesola. Are they your only bad people in Nigeria like you claim?
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by LogicMind: 12:37am On Mar 24, 2012
Amadioha will strike the OP to suggest that I have any remote connection with oily soup filled, brain-dead, useless, dirty, loud-mouthed pieces of shite of a tribe called Yoruba.
Cowardice impersonated. Betrayers of the highest order. Almajiris follow follow. The tribe of the crying generals. The tribe of the suicide politicians. The tribe of the self-confessed mass murdering genocidal nut job that shoots non living things. Ewu west. Subsidy beggars. Fulani slaves. Most under-developed region in the world. Smelly things. Useless parasites that do not contribute anything to the country.
Backstabbers.
Backstabbers.
Cursed be the OP for his post.
I hate Yoruba before I was born. I hate Yoruba after I die.
One nigeria.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by bittyend(m): 12:43am On Mar 24, 2012
Logic Mind: Amadioha will strike the OP to suggest that I have any remote connection with oily soup filled, brain-dead, useless, dirty, loud-mouthed pieces of shite of a tribe called Yoruba.
Cowardice impersonated. Betrayers of the highest order. Almajiris follow follow. The tribe of the crying generals. The tribe of the suicide politicians. The tribe of the self-confessed mass murdering genocidal nut job that shoots non living things. Ewu west. Subsidy beggars. Fulani slaves. Most under-developed region in the world. Smelly things. Useless parasites that do not contribute anything to the country.
Backstabbers.
Backstabbers.
One nigeria.

May Shango, Ogun, Oya, Osun, Yemaja, Olodumare, Orunmila and all the deities in Yoruba strike you and your family, you bastard. Phuck off my post if you don't have anything sensible to contribute, low IQ having neanderthal.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by naijaking1: 12:46am On Mar 24, 2012
Can we look at this issue from anthropological perspective?
Anthropolgy 101 teaches that when a group is seperated by a natural barrier such as mountain, river, or even impenetratable forest/desert, after a period of time this group would develop into separate groups each with unique traits---languages, culture, mores, and even physical appearances.

Until someone conducts a reliable population genetic analysis of the West African coast, there is no reason to believe that people living from Cameron, Calabar, Aba, Asaba, Ibadan, Poto Novo, Kumasi didn't come from same ancestor. A scientific analysis will not only type it down a few generation, but could even tell us when the population diverged, ie whether a wave of Igbos came from west of the Niger and when, or Yorubas actually crossed the Niger from the east to settle at their present western location.

Another point is that the early primitive people were known for their superstition and strong belief in God or gods. If Yorubas and Igbos had no common ancestry, why do they both refer to God as Orisha, Olisa, or Orisa. It's almost as if you bear the same unique last name with someone, and arguing about relationship 20-30 generations later.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by naijaking1: 12:50am On Mar 24, 2012
Logic Mind: Amadioha will strike the OP to suggest that I have any remote connection with oily soup filled, brain-dead, useless, dirty, loud-mouthed pieces of shite of a tribe called Yoruba.
Backstabbers.
Backstabbers.
One nigeria.

This thread is not forcing you to love Yorubas or Igbos, it's just surveying likely common ancestry. Maybe we can keep it at that.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Beaf: 12:56am On Mar 24, 2012
CuteTj: i have never seen you attack other personalities aside Tinubu and Aregbesola. Are they your only bad people in Nigeria like you claim?

Did you use NL before Ibori was jailed?
I believe Ibori used to be in PDP and even shares my ethnic blood.

Right now, Aregbesola and Tinubu are enemy numero uno for their obnoxious, ethnically bigotted politics. Bro, there is nothing more evil than fascism.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by CuteTj(m): 1:43am On Mar 24, 2012
By criticising Ibori despite him sharing ethnic blood with you doesn't mean you have done anything special. Anybody that doesn't criticise a tried and convicted thief like Ibori then must be a thief. In as much as i believe him to be an islamic extremist and don't subscribe to his brand of politics, If Aregbesola does ANYTHING POSITIVE or anything worth applauding, applaud him despite you not subscribing to his ethnically bigotted politics. I admit that i don't like the PDP for anything but from time to time, i applaud members of PDP irrespective of the ethnic group they belong to if they do anything positive.

1 Like

Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by aljharem(m): 1:50am On Mar 24, 2012
Na wa oooo. The way Igbo people hate yoruba, one would think yorubas have wronged them cry cry cry cry

Well sha, we still love Igbo people cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Balyz: 1:58am On Mar 24, 2012
lagcity:
Hausa-Fulani not oppressible ke? Na only Dangote get money? If you think any group in Naija can stand against a united Yoruba/Igbo armed force for just 2 weeks, you are out of your damn mind. In fact, we'll take Benin, Cameroon, Niger and Chad within 6 months.
then why haven't u done so already?
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by CuteTj(m): 2:06am On Mar 24, 2012
alj harem: Na wa oooo. The way Igbo people hate yoruba, one would think yorubas have wronged them cry cry cry cry

Well sha, we still love Igbo people cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
help me tell them o.. But its just only on NL that the hatred is this much. If yorubas don't prevent ibos from doing business/making money in real life, i think they are fine with us.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Nobody: 2:07am On Mar 24, 2012
Like seriously WTF?
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Beaf: 2:13am On Mar 24, 2012
CuteTj: Sorry to say, by criticising Ibori despite him sharing ethnic blood with you doesn't mean you have done anything special. Anybody that doesn't criticise a tried and convicted thief like Ibori then must be a thief. In as much as i believe him to be an islamic extremist and don't subscribe to his brand of politics, If Aregbesola does ANYTHING POSITIVE or anything worth applauding, applaud him despite you not subscribing to his ethnically bigotted politics. I admit that i don't like the PDP for anything but from time to time, i applaud members of PDP irrespective of the ethnic group they belong to if they do anything positive.

Oga, the only two people from ACN that I can applaud are Oshiomole and Fashola.
Aregbesola is a thug and Tinubu is a forger (and many other grimy things), both are fraudsters at the head of a bigotted party. Nothing on Earth can make me praise either of them.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by CuteTj(m): 2:20am On Mar 24, 2012
A
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by CuteTj(m): 2:24am On Mar 24, 2012
Beaf:

Oga, the only two people from ACN that I can applaud are Oshiomole and Fashola.
Aregbesola is a thug and Tinubu is a forger (and many other grimy things), both are fraudsters at the head of a bigotted party. Nothing on Earth can make me praise either of them.
Definitely there are always are few bad eggs amongst alot of good eggs. Agreed that you hate Tinubu and Aregbesola but don't forget that they not only the members of ACN, then if Oshiomole/ Fashola/ and other ACN members do anything worth applauding, applaud them. And let me mention that In some of your other posts, you often belittle Fashola's achievements.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by aljharem(m): 2:36am On Mar 24, 2012
CuteTj: Definitely there are always are few bad eggs amongst alot of good eggs. Agreed that you hate Tinubu and Aregbesola but don't forget that they not only the members of ACN, then if Oshiomole/ Fashola/ and other ACN members do anything worth applauding, applaud them. And let me mention that In some of your other posts, you often belittle Fashola's achievements.

LOL whether he belittles him or not, it does not change the fact of what fashola has done.

I dislike ACN as well, infact I am a PDP man but never ever in my life would I support corruption. If you notice those belittling fashola's achievement are those wishing to live in Lagos or leave their village for Lagos.

Yes Tinubu is Ojoyibo

Aregbesola is a loud mouth person. all these I use to agree with Beaf before until it took an ethnic dimension. I wonder how a sane human, I mean A SANE HUMAN BEING would compare Akwa Ibom or Imo to Lagos in recent years ?

They say lagos is bad etc but they keep immigrating to the state as a matter of thousands each day. It is madness I tell you.

I like APGA as well with like of Rochas

PDP too is not all bad but how many PDP member can I point at ? I can't even think of one without corruption charges or some sort.

Oshomole today has charged Edo state for good, people are immigrating to this same EDO state yet they would insult the whole ACN.

Should we look at Oyo where people are now immigrating to now, these are the same people insulting ACN and yorubas o !!!

Ibadan has changed beyond my believe compared to the last time I visited.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Beaf: 2:49am On Mar 24, 2012
alj harem:
Aregbesola is a loud mouth person. all these I use to agree with Beaf before until it took an ethnic dimension. I wonder how a sane human, I mean A SANE HUMAN BEING would compare Akwa Ibom or Imo to Lagos in recent years ?

If you are not stup!d, please tell us how comparing Akwa Ibom to Lagos is an "ethnic dimension?"
Lol! There's so much to laugh at on NL!

In my opinion, Akpabio is the best governor in Nigeria. What is ethnic dimension to that? This whole mixing of ethnicity and politics is due to the obnoxious politics of ACN. Thanks to ACN, these days, there are all sorts of animals roaming NL and employing ethnic blackmail to protect their political interests. The place is packed tight with fungi and fools (you are number one); its like a disease infection.

What is the ethnic dimension in my prefering Akpabio to Fashola? The US ambassador also rated Akpabio as the best in wikileaks, so what was the ethnic dimension?

You are an unrepentant fool.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by aljharem(m): 3:01am On Mar 24, 2012
Beaf:

If you are not stup!d, please tell us how comparing Akwa Ibom to Lagos is an "ethnic dimension?"
Lol! There's so much to laugh at on NL!

In my opinion, Akpabio is the best governor in Nigeria. What is ethnic dimension to that? This whole mixing of ethnicity and politics is due to the obnoxious politics of ACN. Thanks to ACN, these days, there are all sorts of animals roaming NL and employing ethnic blackmail to protect their political interests. The place is packed tight with fungi and fools (you are number one); its like a disease infection.

What is the ethnic dimension in my prefering Akpabio to Fashola? The US ambassador also rated Akpabio as the best in wikileaks, so what was the ethnic dimension?

You are an unrepentant fool.

Can you shut it already. I am not talking in terms of Akwa Ibom or Lagos

the ethnic dimension in terms of ACN is a bigoted party just because they don't support your ideology.

MUST ACN FOLLOW PDP INTO THE SAME DITCH ?

MUST ACN SUPPORT GEJ BECAUSE HE IS FROM THE SOUTH LIKE APGA DID ?

IS TINUBU AND AREGEBSOLA THE ONLY ACN MEMBERS YOU CAN POINT FINGERS AT ? ARE YOU BLIND TO OTHERS ?

MUST YOU KEEP DISPLAYING YOUR BIGOTRY BY CALL ACN A BIGOTED PARTY JUST BECAUSE THEY WON THE SW AND NOT PDP ?

MUST ACN SUPPORT EVERYTHING GEJ SAYS SO THEY WOULD NO LONGER BE BIGOTED IN YOUR EYES.

such stu.pid accessions you display daily that you have turn yourself into a clown that is so predictable on what he would say you know it is bigotry.

Or have you forgotten the silly childish threads you opened few months back about SS/SE this because Nigerians protested against increase in fuel price.

Now tell me what has happened to Otedola now ? Tell me what has happened to Dantata now ? Tell me what has happened to Orji and Uba now ?

Yet your bigotry and propaganda is costing those that could barely feed themselves a day to die of stravation. You sir are an ideeiot
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by bakila: 4:38am On Mar 24, 2012
Ngodigha1: I can never forget that early morning I saw from my window a Yoruba man UnCloth his trouser and urinated inside a well used by locals for domestic purposes. Some of this traits make me feel we are not connected.

Which kin ghetto be that you dey live?
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by bakila: 4:47am On Mar 24, 2012
alj harem:

the ethnic dimension in terms of ACN is a bigoted party just because they don't support your ideology.

IS TINUBU AND AREGEBSOLA THE ONLY ACN MEMBERS YOU CAN POINT FINGERS AT ? ARE YOU BLIND TO OTHERS ?

MUST YOU KEEP DISPLAYING YOUR BIGOTRY BY CALL ACN A BIGOTED PARTY JUST BECAUSE THEY WON THE SW AND NOT PDP ?

MUST ACN SUPPORT EVERYTHING GEJ SAYS SO THEY WOULD NO LONGER BE BIGOTED IN YOUR EYES.

such stu.pid accessions you display daily that you have turn yourself into a clown that is so predictable on what he would say you know it is bigotry.

Or have you forgotten the silly childish threads you opened few months back about SS/SE this because Nigerians protested against increase in fuel price.

Now tell me what has happened to Otedola now ? Tell me what has happened to Dantata now ? Tell me what has happened to Orji and Uba now ?

Yet your bigotry and propaganda is costing those that could barely feed themselves a day to die of stravation. You sir are an ideeiot

I agree with must of your post save that like APGA, ACN gave GEJ support to win their states in the presidential election. If they have not done so he will not be on that salary and bandwidth allowance that has caused starvation to kids and poor health care delivery to Nigerians.

Aregbesola is of interedt to the Gentlrman because GEJ DID NOT PERFORM SO WELL there in the presidential elections.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by bakila: 4:59am On Mar 24, 2012
Backstabbers.
Backstabbers.
One nigeria.

I was wondering why they have to hid your post and thougt that it curtials free speech. Its the Mods let it out for us to see that you are a scalliwags wagging his tail between his legs cos he has not taken his drugs. You sir are fit for the zoo.

That is the sort of behaviour that people like you complain about yet you spew that rubbish.

Mods pls delete that IDIOTS post we say that you guys are right.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Beaf: 5:23am On Mar 24, 2012
alj harem:

[size=14pt]You see how stup!d you are? You are such a crazed fool that you can equate ideology and ethnicity!
Fool, what has ideology got to do with ethnicity? shocked shocked shocked
My guy, ideology is not the name of a town near Osogbo o![/size]

One day is one, unu go take laf barb Aregbesola biabia! grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Beaf: 5:25am On Mar 24, 2012
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by ACM10: 5:35am On Mar 24, 2012
dayokanu:

I agree with you, Especially in Yorubaland, when a man who is supposed to lead an army takes to his heels, He is termed a coward while in Ibo culture he is seen as a hero

Your comparison is lame. You are fond of regurgitating an old, busted crap, hoping to ram it down the throat of everybody.

What about your kakanfo(abiola - a disgrace to ancient kakanfo institution) that ran away? Wasn't he a hero in yorubaland? What of Tinubu? Wasn't he an elderstatesman in yorubaland? What of dawodu that ran away disguised as a cocoa farmer? Wasn't he a leader of thought in yorubaland?
For every Igbo that u mentions, I will cite 10 Yoruba folks that equally did the same thing or worse.

You are the dumbest tribalist that I've come across. Your replies are programmed and too automatic to provoke an objective debate.

You keep throwing the same sh1t on the wall. Hoping that it will stick.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by rosefleurs: 5:41am On Mar 24, 2012
beaf please keep your bestiality fetish to yourself, pervert. i cant imagine any woman comfortable to be around you the way you come across here. very sick creature.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Beaf: 5:47am On Mar 24, 2012
rosefleurs: beaf please keep your bestiality fetish to yourself, pervert. i cant imagine any woman comfortable to be around you the way you come across here. very sick creature.

Let the women worry about that, bruv. Mine is quite happy, thank you.
Waka!
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by Lillips: 6:56am On Mar 24, 2012
bittyend: We're all the same people, and we came from the same ancestors. If it was possible to trace the DNA ancestry of most Yorubas - I'm sure at least 40-60% of Yorubas will have either Igbo or Hausa ancestry - and the same goes for Igbos and Hausas as well.

The corrupt elites don't see tribe when they all loot our commonwealth, yet they play the "tribe" game when things are not going their way - and we all fall for it like the retards we're. We're all brothers and we came from the same people.
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by AreaFada2: 7:10am On Mar 24, 2012
interesting
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by dayokanu(m): 9:46am On Mar 24, 2012
ACM10:

Your comparison is lame. You are fond of regurgitating an old, busted crap, hoping to ram it down the throat of everybody.

What about your kakanfo(abiola - a disgrace to ancient kakanfo institution) that ran away? Wasn't he a hero in yorubaland? What of Tinubu? Wasn't he an elderstatesman in yorubaland? What of dawodu that ran away disguised as a cocoa farmer? Wasn't he a leader of thought in yorubaland?
For every Igbo that u mentions, I will cite 10 Yoruba folks that equally did the same thing or worse.

You are the dumbest tribalist that I've come across. Your replies are programmed and too automatic to provoke an objective debate.

You keep throwing the same sh1t on the wall. Hoping that it will stick.

Mention one Yoruba warlord leading an army that fled warfront
Re: Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! by LogicMind: 10:09am On Mar 24, 2012
dayokanu:

Mention one Yoruba warlord leading an army that fled warfront

Mention one Yoruba warlord.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army / Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX) / EndSARS: Youths Block Onitsha Police Area Command

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.