Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

About Crushes And Boredom - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / About Crushes And Boredom (1388 Views)

Man Proposes To His Crush And She Crushes Him For Real(video) / See What Boredom Did Tew Me..lol / What Do You Do To Kill Boredom While Home Alone. Ladies Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About Crushes And Boredom by safarigirl(f): 9:21pm On Mar 27, 2012
I have Ǟ big problem with guys. I could have a crush on a guy for a while, but once I get to know more of him, I just lose interest in him, I'm no tomboy, but some ☺₣ my likes are peculiar to guys like sports, rap music, rock and politics, but the guys that ask me out are like my opposites, they aren't much interested in sports, listen to blues and couldn't give a hoot about politics. Maybe I'm just not finding the right people, but I haven't met anyone I like with at least 70%.
Maybe I just have a guy problem, or I'm too young to be bothered with such, I'll be turning 18 in May. What's your thought? Please no nasty comments
Re: About Crushes And Boredom by Killz3(m): 9:57pm On Mar 27, 2012
safarigirl: I have Ǟ big problem with guys. I could have a crush on a guy for a while, but once I get to know more of him, I just lose interest in him, I'm no tomboy, but some ☺₣ my likes are peculiar to guys like sports, rap music, rock and politics, but the guys that ask me out are like my opposites, they aren't much interested in sports, listen to blues and couldn't give a hoot about politics. Maybe I'm just not finding the right people, but I haven't met anyone I like with at least 70%.
Maybe I just have a guy problem, or I'm too young to be bothered with such, I'll be turning 18 in May. What's your thought? Please no nasty comments
You are not too young to be bothered by such. You are absolutely normal, and as you grow older, your perception of certain things will definitely change. Just know who you are and what you really want, and be guided by who you are and not what you want others to make of you. smiley
Re: About Crushes And Boredom by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 27, 2012
I'd suggest you get on a safari trail. . . wink
Re: About Crushes And Boredom by Mayflowa(m): 11:25am On May 08, 2012
Ok. I do think you are normal everyday girl Safari. There are a lot of guys that have just like ur core interests. Quite unfortunate, u haven't met them. Anyway, as u grow up, ur likes and dislikes changes I bet. It isn't also compulsory u date someone who is exactly like u. You may as well date urself if that is what u want! You see?
Re: About Crushes And Boredom by slimyem: 11:36am On May 08, 2012
you are at a stage where you've just started to discover yourself and the things you truly want in men..
Take it slow...wait it out...don't rush it!
As time goes on,you'll begin to learn and see things clearer and make firm decisions based on that..cheesy
Goodluck sweet!
Re: About Crushes And Boredom by ijebabe: 12:30pm On May 08, 2012
When you have a crush you tend to romanticize and build fantasies around the person, its only after talking and getting to know the person that you start to question why you liked him in the first place. That is normal and nothing wrong with that. You haven't found the right guy yet so just chill.
You have a long way to go in life so this shouldn't bother you.
Re: About Crushes And Boredom by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 08, 2012
safarigirl: I have Ǟ big problem with guys. I could have a crush on a guy for a while, but once I get to know more of him, I just lose interest in him, I'm no tomboy, but some ☺₣ my likes are peculiar to guys like sports, rap music, rock and politics, but the guys that ask me out are like my opposites, they aren't much interested in sports, listen to blues and couldn't give a hoot about politics. Maybe I'm just not finding the right people, but I haven't met anyone I like with at least 70%.

You are still very tender...focus more on your academic dreams & aspirations, if you enter into any relationship now, I bet u MUST not WILL, regret it later in your life. Refocus your interest from male hunting or admiring to fervent & unconditional studying of your books, sci-fi novels to help polish your brain, history books, reduce reading romantic novels, read comic books, start now to learn computer software programs like: msword, powerpoint, photoshop, coreldraw, macromedia dreamweaver, flash, etc. you can also start now to put your romance fantasies (if u do have any) into fiction work. it seems u are going to be a great & unique woman in years to come, so start now to prepare for the crown ahead of u...and I must commend your likes: politics, sports, etc...shows you have a great future ahead of u...maybe you love spending time with your dad & brothers, which made u develop such rare passions that most girls lack...you are absolutely normal dear, just try & forget guys for now, wait for another 4+ years pls...you can lean more on God for support and sustenance...study the Bible, u can set a target for yourself to finish the Bible & Oxford dictionary before the age of 25, it helps even though u may not accomplish it. I did it, and it sure helped me in life...there is no word I cannot tell the meaning & there is no story I cannot remember in the Bible, & they help u maintain a good moral life. Goodluck dear.
Re: About Crushes And Boredom by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 08, 2012
Crushes like that are normal, especially at your age.
Re: About Crushes And Boredom by safarigirl(f): 5:42pm On May 28, 2012
DailyNews:

You are still very tender...focus more on your academic dreams & aspirations, if you enter into any relationship now, I bet u MUST not WILL, regret it later in your life. Refocus your interest from male hunting or admiring to fervent & unconditional studying of your books, sci-fi novels to help polish your brain, history books, reduce reading romantic novels, read comic books, start now to learn computer software programs like: msword, powerpoint, photoshop, coreldraw, macromedia dreamweaver, flash, etc. you can also start now to put your romance fantasies (if u do have any) into fiction work. it seems u are going to be a great & unique woman in years to come, so start now to prepare for the crown ahead of u...and I must commend your likes: politics, sports, etc...shows you have a great future ahead of u...maybe you love spending time with your dad & brothers, which made u develop such rare passions that most girls lack...you are absolutely normal dear, just try & forget guys for now, wait for another 4+ years pls...you can lean more on God for support and sustenance...study the Bible, u can set a target for yourself to finish the Bible & Oxford dictionary before the age of 25, it helps even though u may not accomplish it. I did it, and it sure helped me in life...there is no word I cannot tell the meaning & there is no story I cannot remember in the Bible, & they help u maintain a good moral life. Goodluck dear.
I write a lot, been writing since I was six, from stories to songs. As far as guys go, I'm a pessimist. I don't believe in love, I prefer tolerance and trust, more of a realist. I don't plan to date anytime soon though, just an on-looker. My fear is that I may never outgrow the tendency to become disillusioned
Re: About Crushes And Boredom by Mynd44: 6:16pm On May 28, 2012
^^
You know who you are and what you want very good. The next step is not to allow anyone (friends and family included)tell you some dumb tale stick to whimp you are and you will enjoy life
Re: About Crushes And Boredom by sigmundfreud(m): 11:05pm On May 29, 2012
hello Dearie...
U are one of a kind...u have to start appreciating that and love yourself for it. Love you already! You are 18..the world is @ ur feet. Guys ur age are probably interested in fones and video games! Politics is like what is happening in Mars to them...they are not just concerned. Novels?!...nobody read 'em these days! With TV and internet everywhere. And the songs these days are too fast to pull ones heart string...they cause more of chaos.
You dont believe in love...well, tell me that 5years from now...no,3! @ this age, u believe a lot of things that are not...time will tell.
U ve read and will feel u re experienced...but there are somethings that the passage of time will teach you...disappointment, success, friendship...and of course love.
It will come...
Focus on ur likes and develop them. Read more, write more...enjoy ur life
Will like to be friends...

(1) (Reply)

White Women Vs Blackwomen / How To Satisfy A Lady. / Lepa Or Orobo, Who Sweet Pass?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.