Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,479 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Why Online Dating Won't Work For Nigerians Especially On NL - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Online Dating Won't Work For Nigerians Especially On NL (8208 Views)

My Online Dating Experience. / Which Girl Can Do This?? Especially NL Girls (pictures ) / Why Do We Stay In A Relationship That Won't Work Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Online Dating Won't Work For Nigerians Especially On NL by RuuDie(m): 6:25am On Apr 02, 2012
The one major thing that doesn't make online dates work for me is. . .somehow, somehow sha something just falls short of expectations when we finally meet outside cyberspace!
Re: Why Online Dating Won't Work For Nigerians Especially On NL by dabrake(m): 6:37am On Apr 02, 2012
Dipwater: True story
I am not poor neither am I so wealthy ,I can afford what eva I want as a yung money.
end of story
Re: Why Online Dating Won't Work For Nigerians Especially On NL by dabrake(m): 6:39am On Apr 02, 2012
solomon111: Nigerian Men are what they are today because of their women.
bro, I thought it's the other way round. #PleaseEducateMe

1 Like

Re: Why Online Dating Won't Work For Nigerians Especially On NL by wbankz(m): 6:52am On Apr 02, 2012
Wch dump ass dude goes online ƒσя shawdies anyway..hiz he dump or blind or somfin? ‎​u ‎​ gat dem all around ‎​u ‎​ schs church hoods S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ ɣ go online? @ dummy dumb dumb ass only gon do dat
Re: Why Online Dating Won't Work For Nigerians Especially On NL by dabrake(m): 7:00am On Apr 02, 2012
cugresources: Hmmmmm....what a world, Nigerian girls and money-mongering habit, sighs. Must it be all about money? Where are your guddam prides and worths Nigerian sisters? This money-chasing won't lead us anywhere; whoever will be rich in life must be rich, come rain come shine, it will only take time, so why sell your feminine gifts for money? who all these? Too bad....shaking my head disappointedly...
bro, you can do better than this. Everyday, I leave home by 4:30am just to beat traffic. You would be suprised to see beautiful girls sprinting to catch a moving bus, fighting to board a bus. That guys will be boxing them out of the ring is a sad reminder of the survival of the fittest. They run to catch a 'mirage' bus, they keep running back and forth. They only apply make up when inside the bus or when they get to office(those who are used to lagos hustlings understands what I mean). I get to office 5:30am daily(6:30am is preety dark in Lag) only to see beautiful girls at the top of their official assignment. . . I keep coming to the sad truth(sad because I keep eating my 'hard' words) that it's not all Nigerian girls that are lazy though the few bad eggs keep spoiling their name(same as the guys). It's like saying all nigerians are corrupt/terrorists/evil based on the fact a minute fraction have been proven guilty. It will do us no good to listen to the media(like nairaland) but to reach out to the real world. #myCandidOpinion

1 Like

Re: Why Online Dating Won't Work For Nigerians Especially On NL by emsquare(m): 7:32am On Apr 02, 2012
Well said!

cugresources: 1. Majority of the girls or ladies looking for date online, don't really want to meet just nice guys, but miracle money-guys (rich, handsome, God-fearing, sexy, loving, caring, homely and all) to spend money on them and meet their numerous financial needs, which cannot come in one package even in real life; which was the main reason they (girls) decided to widen their search online, not necessarily becos they don't have dates in real life or are not being approached by guys in real life, but becos they want a rich-prince-charming who must also be a pope johnpaul and romeo at the same time.

2. Majority of the guys looking for date online are not financially buoyant to meet the above criteria that the ladies are looking for.
3. Majority of the guys are actually looking for sexmates and not true love.
4. The girls that are searching for true love without criteria 1. attached to their search, are not good-looking, or they are over-aged. and they are also very few in number.
5. The few nice, honest and ambitious guys looking for date online have no money, which makes them stand no chance of getting a date online since the majority of the females want rich guys to spend on them and take care of their needs.
6. The frequent bashing on both genders (especially the Nigerian girls) and ego-fight between the guys and the ladies here will make many to lose focus on connecting with their true love, which was the primary reason most signed up on NL.
7. Nigerian ladies are too scared of poverty, which no one should blame them cos of the present economic situation of the country, tribute to our frequent corrupt leaders. And on the one hand, Nigerian guys want the ladies to start loving them even while they are yet to become rich or great, as a way of proving that their love for them is real, while the Nigerian ladies maintains that history has taught them not to stay with a potential guy cos when he finally gets money, that he would dump them that suffered with him for new girls. which if at all its true and happens often, is a case to ponder....so all these facts and more, are some of the reasons internet dating won't work for Nigerians on NL and other social n. sites.
Re: Why Online Dating Won't Work For Nigerians Especially On NL by member479760: 9:16am On Apr 02, 2012
ofcourse, it won't work for many Nigerians, when a lot of useless women looking for money man online and some of the women looking for men after having 2-4 children somewhere or after fighting the whole area.
Re: Why Online Dating Won't Work For Nigerians Especially On NL by Emylexray(m): 9:36am On Apr 02, 2012
@dabrake, i queue behind you, there are pretty, industrious and independent girls out there who work round the clock to fend for theirself, though few, which makes it look as if all girls are gold diggers.
Like the poster rightly pointed, online dating can't or won't work for Nigerians due to the aforementioned reasons. To add to that, i've discovered that rich or financially buoyant guys seldom fall in love online, they believe their money will fetch them any girl of their choice, and some dumb, myopic, foolish, mediocritic, nitwitic and cheap girls will fall prey to this guys.
Trust me, i can decipher a girl that is after my pocket within two months of dating(online and in real life). Its very simple, though you need a trait of psychology to achieve that.
Its not uncommon this days on 2go, a girl add you and the next minute she goes like...''please send me credit''. Can you imagine that?
This ugly trend will continue for God knows how long if guys and girls refuse to be theirself.
Re: Why Online Dating Won't Work For Nigerians Especially On NL by free2ryhme: 9:50am On Apr 02, 2012
BlueBarbie: Yet some people are married today, courtesy ''on line dating''!!!

you talk of some people wetin you dey wait for abi your own miracle money-guy never show?
Re: Why Online Dating Won't Work For Nigerians Especially On NL by buJu234: 10:10am On Apr 02, 2012
my friend said; jst buy a fairly used car; and hold some coins like 5k-15k...

u re sure of getting any kind of babe in Nigeria.
Re: Why Online Dating Won't Work For Nigerians Especially On NL by dabrake(m): 10:36am On Apr 02, 2012
Emylexray: @dabrake, i queue behind you, there are pretty, industrious and independent girls out there who work round the clock to fend for theirself, though few, which makes it look as if all girls are gold diggers.
Like the poster rightly pointed, online dating can't or won't work for Nigerians due to the aforementioned reasons. To add to that, i've discovered that rich or financially buoyant guys seldom fall in love online, they believe their money will fetch them any girl of their choice, and some dumb, myopic, foolish, mediocritic, nitwitic and cheap girls will fall prey to this guys.
Trust me, i can decipher a girl that is after my pocket within two months of dating(online and in real life). Its very simple, though you need a trait of psychology to achieve that.
Its not uncommon this days on 2go, a girl add you and the next minute she goes like...''please send me credit''. Can you imagine that?
This ugly trend will continue for God knows how long if guys and girls refuse to be theirself.
:-D:-D
Re: Why Online Dating Won't Work For Nigerians Especially On NL by dabrake(m): 10:36am On Apr 02, 2012
Emylexray: @dabrake, i queue behind you, there are pretty, industrious and independent girls out there who work round the clock to fend for theirself, though few, which makes it look as if all girls are gold diggers.
guy, that is 7weeks slow. I will decipher that in less than a week
Re: Why Online Dating Won't Work For Nigerians Especially On NL by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 02, 2012
You know why I won't blame the guys saying all Nigerian girls are diamond-miners or say money-mongers? Okay, for instance, u are standing in front of your family house, and a group of say 100 mad people pass with 3 normal sane guys or girls following behind them, and your father or mother comes out and saw the crowd passing and asks you: son, or daughter, who are those people? what would your answer be? won't u answer him this way: dad or mom, some mad people just passed here now? or its aa.m group of mad people that passed, i wonder where they are going? of course in your real answer, u cannot answer that a group of 100 mad people and 3 normal folks passed. Thats why every Nigerian girls must strive nowadays to stand out, to prove to her boyfriend, fiancee, or husband that she is truly unique and not amongst those group of diamond-miners. Remember, majority of our ladies too do think that marriage is the safest and hiding place for their bad ill-character, not anymore cos Nigerian men are keen to divorce now, try and go near marriage courts or welfare courts in Lagos, Abuja, etc and see things for yourself, how 3 months, 10yrs, etc marriages are being torn into pieces, which simply means that there is no hiding place for a bad girl or a bad guy, not even in marriage. and thats why I have kept to my singlehood cos I know I am not emotionally balanced to involve in an intimate relationship or marriage. We must start to analyze ourselves by ourselves and know whether we are fit for relationships, marriages, dates, etc before we go into one else...else...all the same, our Nigerian and African ladies need to brace up, go out there and pursue your dream and life aspiration even without a man, stop planning your lives around men and guys, try and be independent, you can do it, get up and do it u got all it takes, just your mentality that a guy must cater for all your needs whenever you are dating him, change it, guys no longer love that approach, the global economy is no longer as before. let your love be for love and not for money and material gains, can't u ladies see clearly from numerous uncountable threads that Nigerian guys (rich or poor) don't want u ladies depending solely on them anymore? thats why most of the rich guys use guys and dump cos they know that they are kings in you ladies's jungle since they got all u ladies are craven for- money! pls get up ladies and challenge these guys, not by arguing or exchanging words. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala is already making Nigerian ladies proud, in the likes of her, Obi Ezekwesili Nwodo, etc, guys want u to be like them!! and u cannot be like them by depending solely on guys all your life. Goodluck my lovely sisters and aunts!
Re: Why Online Dating Won't Work For Nigerians Especially On NL by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 02, 2012
undecided undecided
free2ryhme:

you talk of some people wetin you dey wait for abi your own miracle money-guy never show?

And who told you i am waiting?...
Re: Why Online Dating Won't Work For Nigerians Especially On NL by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 02, 2012
My brother, Nigeria is becoming even more scarer as the days rolls by, everything is just going the negative way all because of POVERTY & HARDSHIP, sighs, but I keep wondering, is Nigeria poorer than Ghana, Liberia, Jamaica, Panama, Puerto Rico, et al? why are our people acting so devilish because of POVERTY? Especially the ladies? The guys keep perpetrating evil things abroad while the ladies are busy tarnishing love and marriage and relationship with their now obvious and glaring money-mongering habit? I wonder what is happening to Nigeria, honestly, its so sad.
Re: Why Online Dating Won't Work For Nigerians Especially On NL by Sike(m): 6:49pm On Apr 02, 2012
Well-Written @OP
Re: Why Online Dating Won't Work For Nigerians Especially On NL by Udee1(f): 6:58pm On Apr 02, 2012
Money mongers and hustlers aside, no girl, financially independent or otherwise, wants a guy she has to take care of. Seriously wld any guy be comfortable dating a grl who's more successfull than him?
Re: Why Online Dating Won't Work For Nigerians Especially On NL by Riskymallam: 5:30pm On Apr 17, 2012
BlueBarbie: Yet some people are married today, courtesy ''on line dating''!!!

Tell this pessimists jare. You may find what you seek if you persist with single-mindedness of purpose.
Re: Why Online Dating Won't Work For Nigerians Especially On NL by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 29, 2012
@Mallam...ina sonki?...lolz...quite some decades....hope things are goin smoothly in here? just popping in....*winks*

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can A Lady Make Love Or Have Sex With A man She Doesn't Love? / Why I Never Like Condom During Sex / Can You Forget Someone You Love In Just One Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.