Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn (3051 Views)

8 Ways To Win The Heart Of Stubborn Girls / How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? / Does My Ex Want Me Back Or Am I Being Used? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by sinecom: 10:41am On Apr 03, 2012
my boyfriend say i dnt listen, he tells me to change things about myself. he tells me to stop social networks like facebook,twitter and so on.....he doesnt want instant messengers, he doesnt like it when i go out at night, he wants to decide for me on ehat i should do, he says im stubborn. he wants me to stay at home he doesnt want me to visit the friends i have.........but he has many friends, he goes out with them, he is using facebook and so on and even instant messaging. i feel like im in prison and im in it alone bcz he is doing the opposite of what he doesnt want, help!!!!am i stubborn?
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 03, 2012
I dont get. How are you stubborn?
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by kpolli(m): 11:02am On Apr 03, 2012
Your boyfriend is a hypocrite scammer, who wants to eat outside but still have u at home. . . Dump him angry
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 03, 2012
Btw, why would a mere boyfriend wanna subject u to all that? even married couples dont go thru this torture..na wa o.
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by slimyem: 11:08am On Apr 03, 2012
nothing about you sounds stubborn here.
Instead your boyfriend sounds manipulative and you sound weak!
He is neither your father nor husband and you are supposed to be able to make your own decisions not live by ur boyfriend's standards!
Get him to loosen his grip,respect and trust your space,decisions and opinions!
Simple!

1 Like

Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by sinecom: 11:28am On Apr 03, 2012
i just wanted to make sure if im not the bad girlfriend.........i want him to stop all this but i dont know how to because he wont listen. how do i make him change his way of viewing things.
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by sinecom: 11:44am On Apr 03, 2012
slimyem: nothing about you sounds stubborn here.
Instead your boyfriend sounds manipulative and you sound weak!
He is neither your father nor husband and you are supposed to be able to make your own decisions not live by ur boyfriend's standards!
Get him to loosen his grip,respect and trust your space,decisions and opinions!
Simple!

how do i get him to loosen up bcz he is very sure that he is write
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by sinecom: 11:45am On Apr 03, 2012
sine.com:

how do i get him to loosen up bcz he is very sure that he is rite
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by ng4am(f): 11:46am On Apr 03, 2012
By giving him a break, let him know u re not confortable with his ideas, if he wants u to stop he should be ready to stop too, but my dear I don't know if I can stop social networks, so it all depend on u,
sine.com:
i just wanted to make sure if im not the bad girlfriend.........i want him to stop all this but i dont know how to because he wont listen. how do i make him change his way of viewing things.
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by Daresh(f): 12:25pm On Apr 03, 2012
Forget the dude!
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by mcnepow(m): 12:30pm On Apr 03, 2012
sine.com:
Ur guy isa "SharpBadtGuy", he knows what he does on social networking sites and is afraid u might get hooked up too. .
Babe, u aint married yet and u are gettint a 1001 restrictions, wait until u get married and it becomes 1000001 restrictions!
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 03, 2012
sine.com:
my boyfriend say i dnt listen, he tells me to change things about myself. he tells me to stop social networks like facebook,twitter and so on.....he doesnt want instant messengers, he doesnt like it when i go out at night, he wants to decide for me on ehat i should do, he says im stubborn. he wants me to stay at home he doesnt want me to visit the friends i have.........but he has many friends, he goes out with them, he is using facebook and so on and even instant messaging. i feel like im in prison and im in it alone bcz he is doing the opposite of what he doesnt want, help!!!!am i stubborn?

may i ask:
what does he tell you when you reply to him that he ALSO goes on FB/Twitter/messenger or when you tell him that he also goes out at night or visit his friends?
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by swtdarling(f): 4:06pm On Apr 03, 2012
ur boyfriend is possessive,he wants to control every aspect of ur life.its best u move on with someone u more comfortable with.
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by deniyor: 4:18pm On Apr 03, 2012
The guy is not right for you.
He is too controlling and possessive and will not leave room for your individuality.
Even a marriage shouldn't be that restrictive as long as you are posting very personal stuff of social networks.

It's in your best interest to sit down and have a very serious talk with him on how you wont let him control your life.
He is most likely going to accuse you of being stubborn, bad girlfriend etc which will lead to your inevitable action of breaking up with him.

PS the reason he is trying to get rid of your social networks is cos of the things he does there himself. He just doesn't trust you.
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by slimyem: 4:20pm On Apr 03, 2012
sine.com:

how do i get him to loosen up bcz he is very sure that he is write
this isnt about who's right or wrong!
Tell him that all that i wrote above,tell him you dont want him breathing down your neck or controlling your every action.
Tell him all with a straight-face!
No time for nonsense!
If he isnt ready to change..get out of the relationship fast!
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by sinecom: 4:37pm On Apr 03, 2012
Thank you gyz......my eyes are open now....I just want to be free cz I'm tired of this prison....stil love him bt i am nt willing to live mylife like this.....ill talk to him for the last time
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 03, 2012
JUST TRY TALK TO AM. MAYBE HE DEY JELOUS OR TOO MANY GUYS DEY COMMENT ON YOUR FACE BOOK. I MYSELF DON TELL ME GUL TO CLOSE HER OWN AND ALSO MEE TOO CLOSE MY OWN. SO TELL AM TO CLOSE HIM OWN FACEBOOK TOO. IF HE NOR WANT YOU TO GO OUT THEN MAKE UNA 2 DEY GO OUT TOGEDA.

DONT JUST LEAVE AM, COS UNA 2 FIT DON DATE FAR.

GOOD LUCK
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by freecocoa(f): 4:56pm On Apr 03, 2012
Why don't this type of guys come my way?imagine the likeness.
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by neyostica: 4:59pm On Apr 03, 2012
Daresh: Forget the dude!
So you can take over abi??
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by neyostica: 5:01pm On Apr 03, 2012
sine.com:
Thank you gyz......my eyes are open now....I just want to be free cz I'm tired of this prison....stil love him bt i am nt willing to live mylife like this.....ill talk to him for the last time
Just dnt run back here cryin d guy has dumped ur arse
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by sinecom: 5:13pm On Apr 03, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

may i ask:
what does he tell you when you reply to him that he ALSO goes on FB/Twitter/messenger or when you tell him that he also goes out at night or visit his friends?

He says its because I dnt listen that's why he just decides to not care at all....and sometimes he tells me that I must knw thrs a difference btwn men and women
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by neyostica: 5:21pm On Apr 03, 2012
sine.com:

He says its because I dnt listen that's why he just decides to not care at all....and sometimes he tells me that I must knw thrs a difference btwn men and women
Thats a good man, dont let go
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by ayoolagoke(m): 5:22pm On Apr 03, 2012
That is pure insecurity and selfishness...wise up gal
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by dabrake(m): 5:33pm On Apr 03, 2012
@sine.com, do you have a low self-esteem, do you have this believe that if you break up with your guy, you won't find another guy(as in is he doing you a favour by 'degrading' himself to date you)? Can I assume your humility = stupidity? Can I also say that your meekness = weakness? . . . I'm just asking 'cause I find it difficult coming to terms that some people are experiencing what I will refer to as 21st-century/modified/upgraded version of slavery. He doesn't love you. There is no iota of his love for you. If I dey lie, make water carry me go.
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by lilyafaten: 5:34pm On Apr 03, 2012
He wants to control u "BODY, SOUL and SPIRIT" think twice, d earlier d better
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by dabrake(m): 5:38pm On Apr 03, 2012
writejhn27: JUST TRY TALK TO AM. MAYBE HE DEY JELOUS OR TOO MANY GUYS DEY COMMENT ON YOUR FACE BOOK. I MYSELF DON TELL ME GUL TO CLOSE HER OWN AND ALSO MEE TOO CLOSE MY OWN. SO TELL AM TO CLOSE HIM OWN FACEBOOK TOO. IF HE NOR WANT YOU TO GO OUT THEN MAKE UNA 2 DEY GO OUT TOGEDA.

DONT JUST LEAVE AM, COS UNA 2 FIT DON DATE FAR.

GOOD LUCK
which kain talk be this? @sine.com, if you like dey play the I-dont-wanna-hurt-him game. One day, you go wake up find out sey you still dey date this guy at 35.
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by sinecom: 5:42pm On Apr 03, 2012
[quote author=dabrake]@sine.com, do you have a low self-esteem, do you have this believe that if you break up with your guy, you won't find another guy(as in is he doing you a favour by 'degrading' himself to date you)? Can I assume your humility = stupidity? Can I also say that your meekness = weakness? . . . I'm just asking 'cause I find it difficult coming to terms that some people are experiencing what I will refer to as 21st-century/modified/upgraded version of slavery. He doesn't love you. There is no iota of his love for you. If I dey lie, make water carry me go.[/quot

I guess I'm afraid of startin a new relationship I just don't wana make a mistake and regret leaving him....the fear I had is that maybe I realy am stubborn bt now hearing even males commenting that he is insecure I can nw decide on what to do.
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 03, 2012
sine.com:

there is only ONE person you should listen to, and thats YOURSELF!

so the guy normally doesnt have a FB account? the guy normally doesnt go out to meet his friends etc? lol!!!
yes there is a difference between men and women, and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with FB and social networks.....and so far as i know, chatting with friends is not illegal....yet!

this man is simply insecure and want to keep you aaqy from anything that "could" led you astray.....it says a lot about how he thinks of you (or himself). i guess in his mind, someone might just send a friend request and he take you away from him, lol!
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by sinecom: 6:04pm On Apr 03, 2012
neyostica:
Thats a good man, dont let go

If he is a good guy for me why do I feel like I'm in prison.....last month he has an affair with a co-worker and he ddnt apologise he said its bcz of me.....even last year he had affairs and said its bcz I dnt listen and he says its bcz of me he can't stay unhappy he will look fr happiness....bt then he says he loves me I must change.....
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by Atandav: 5:18pm On Apr 07, 2012
He actually wants to shaped u to a lady he can marry, guyz no send ladies wey dey no like o, were u dey go 4 nite u too? Stay with am nah...
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by ralfo85(m): 7:01pm On Apr 07, 2012
He is only fooling himself. He is either controlling or insecure and doesn't trust you. That is bad for your relationship. You should talk to him and let him see that he can trust you, as you obviously trust him. But he doesn't have to make you his prisoner to achieve that. If that doesn't work, my dear time to leave the relationship!

But come ooo are you telling the whole story here? Have you done something that provoked this action from him?
Re: Need An Honest Advice......am I Being Stubborn by born2boink(m): 7:56pm On Apr 07, 2012
You will let all the unmarried nairaland ladies ruin your relationship for you, your boyfriend maybe jealous cause he love you and he is protecting you for his future interest,if he doesn't care about you, he will not watch over you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Most Things Guys Don't Knw About Girls On Facebook / Why Do Girls Do This? / Ladies Why Do You Do This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.