Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,232 members, 7,825,893 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Married To An Atheist - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married To An Atheist (32748 Views)

He Raped Me, Now Getting Married To My Best Friend... / Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji / Getting Married To A Widower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married To An Atheist by Luckymay(f): 1:51pm On Aug 06, 2016
Ioannes:

Search for him madam. He exists.

Looking at life, the world, the galaxy and saying God doesn't exist is like saying that it's possible for a whirlwind to sweep through a scrap yard and assemble a brand new Porsche car.

Nothing happens unless somebody starts it off.

A cookie in a glass jar can't simply disappear unless some fingers snitched it.

The famous big bang couldn't have occurred(if it is true it occurred) without someone starting it off.

That you cannot see him, doesn't mean he isn't there.

Scientists cannot see gravity, nobody can, but we believe it's there.

The most brilliant human and angelic minds can never ever fully comprehend even to one billionth degree of the Majesty of him who authored life.

Some centuries ago, there lived a man, Augustine was his name.

He was a brilliant man, very brilliant and he wrestled with studies about who God is and his nature.

He kept at it getting frustrated at times.

Then one night after an exhausting research, he fell into a deep sleep. He saw himself on a beach.

Close to the water he saw a small kid of about 5years old busy fetching water to and fro the beach and pouring it into the hole he had dug in the sand.

Augustine approached the kid and asked him what he was up about.

To his amusement, the kid told him that he was trying to empty the ocean into that hole he had dug.

Augustine laughed and laughed and proceeded to show the kid how futile his efforts were.

And the kid looked him in the eye and asked "if this is impossible, how then do you think a created mind can phantom or plumb the depths of God its creator?

And the kid disappeared from his presence.

Most atheists are so because of either of two main reasons or both.

Either they've been through a hard time and they prayed and they didn't get what they wanted from God which made them sarcastic, or,

They were brought up in a home that never acknowledged the existence of God and the thought that the pleasures they are enjoying now might be wrong according to that God makes them rather deny him.

Either way, evil is real and no one can sit on the fence in the battle that is raging on in the other realm different than our own.

(Sorry for the lecture, couldn't help it) smiley
No.. It's OK. Thank you. I think I needed to be hearing such lectures.
Re: Married To An Atheist by goodguygonebad: 7:05pm On Aug 06, 2016
Re: Married To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:57am On Aug 07, 2016
Luckymay:

No.. It's OK. Thank you. I think I needed to be hearing such lectures.

You welcome. smiley

1 Like

Re: Married To An Atheist by DeeMain(m): 6:34pm On Aug 07, 2016
harakiri:
@Davidylan

I haven't been reading the bible? ROFLMAO. Let me take you to school David :

(1)Isaiah 11:12 : And he shall set up an ensign for the nations,and will assemble the outcasts of Israel,and gather together the dispersed of Judah FROM THE FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH! ! !

(2)Revelation 7:1 : After this i saw four angels standing on the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH,holding back the FOUR WINDS OF THE EARTH,to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or any tree.

How's that for starters David? You religious illiterate! ! ! These are excerpts from both the old and new testament.

Can you clearly state what these "atheist demi-gods" are?

Thanks.

Mr Know It All, how about the four corners of the earth being the four cardinal points ? What about the trade winds that we notate with the four cardinal points?
Re: Married To An Atheist by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 08, 2016
montezz:
I no longer engage myself in any discussion related to religion. Everyone sees you as a devil the moment you oppose their views. I hope to date if possible get married to an atheist....to save myself from dramatic events in the future
Wow! If you won't allow me to date you, please recommend a simple atheist for me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Married To An Atheist by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 08, 2016
Ioannes:

What if after you're dead, there really is God, what are you going to do then?
Then he has a lot to explain why he hid him/herself from human being physically( also, the physical world he create for us)and decided to live in spirit and want human being to believe him by faith.
Re: Married To An Atheist by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 08, 2016
Luckymay:

Well I guess I will join the rest of the unbelievers. Seriously I need God's convictions.
Sister, there is no need to believe in anything. The world we are in right is just like a circle, no beginning no end just revolution. In the next 2billion years, if human being still exist I bet you we will have knowledge to create past for ourselves. That's what happen and will keep happening. I also want you to know that there is nothing like 'TIME' we only use time to control experiment and findings it doesn't exist. We only have 'now' so just live your life the way you deem fit. Avoid any grammatical/ typo. It's well

1 Like

Re: Married To An Atheist by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 09, 2016
Since you've got access to the throne of mercy and grace, you've got what it takes to lead him to Christ. Have no fear neither be troubled in your heart, continue to love him but most importantly ask God that He should make your husband encounter Him.

I've heard about many atheists whose encounter with God turned them around. Unless this happens, l'm afraid nothing will convince or convict him about the sinful nature of man. Prayer works my sister, so don't give up or be discouraged. Continue to show love and mercy, and you need the help of other believer's via intercessory prayers. It's a test of your faith and l see you rejoicing in the long run, cos you'll testify to His glory. It is well with you and your family!
Re: Married To An Atheist by Olaone1: 6:44am On Aug 10, 2016
Seun:
His belief is part of what made him the person that the OP chose to marry, so it can't be that bad. Besides, the 1 Corinthians 7:13 says she must not divorce him: "if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him." cheesy
Omonla. Ekun
Re: Married To An Atheist by GboyegaD(m): 4:42pm On Aug 10, 2016
Thylord:
pls just keep quiet if you dont have anything reasonable to say.

Why kill yourself over my post? If it hurts you that much, pretend as though you never read it.
Re: Married To An Atheist by Coldfeets: 7:06am On Aug 27, 2016
Ioannes:

And the kid looked him in the eye and asked "if this is impossible, how then do you think a created mind can phantom or plumb the depths of God its creator?

This line is the reason why I will remain agnostic until the end of time.

It's obvious, isn't it?

Look, you just admitted to it.

How do you want to explain your Christian God to me when it is so obvious that you cannot even comprehend or fully understand what you are talking about?
Re: Married To An Atheist by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 27, 2016
Coldfeets:

This line is the reason why I will remain agnostic until the end of time.

It's obvious, isn't it?

Look, you just admitted to it.

How do you want to explain your Christian God to me when it is so obvious that you cannot even comprehend or fully understand what you are talking about?

That you don't understand something fully doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You as a person, how well do you know yourself? If you think you know yourself a 100%, then ask friends and family members and I'm sure they reveal aspects of you you didn't even know existed. I won't even go to what your enemies will be able to say about you. Not knowing yourself fully does not negate the fact that you exist does it?

Now, if you a mere mortal don't even know yourself fully, how do you expect to know your creator?

If you really want to know God, a real experiential knowledge about your creator, I have just one answer for you. Know thyself.

When you know yourself, then you'll come close to the beginning of the knowledge of God for we are all created in the image and likeness of the Almighty God.

Search for Him, He exists.
Re: Married To An Atheist by Coldfeets: 9:34am On Aug 28, 2016
Ioannes:

That you don't understand something fully doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You as a person, how well do you know yourself? If you think you know yourself a 100%, then ask friends and family members and I'm sure they reveal aspects of you you didn't even know existed. I won't even go to what your enemies will be able to say about you. Not knowing yourself fully does not negate the fact that you exist does it?

Now, if you a mere mortal don't even know yourself fully, how do you expect to know your creator?

If you really want to know God, a real experiential knowledge about your creator, I have just one answer for you. Know thyself.

When you know yourself, then you'll come close to the beginning of the knowledge of God for we are all created in the image and likeness of the Almighty God.

Search for Him, He exists.

Did I tell you God does not exist?

I am agnostic and I believe 100% that God exists.

What I am trying to say is that there is nothing about God that you or any mortal as a matter of fact can possibly tell me about God based on the simple fact that you are speaking from your very limited knowledge... or putting it succinctly, YOU ARE JUST GUESSING.

So when you make up all your man-made laws and try to push them onto me and tell me that's what God wants, just know that I am silently laughing at you and your folly.
Re: Married To An Atheist by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 28, 2016
Coldfeets:

Did I tell you God does not exist?

I am agnostic and I believe 100% that God exists.

What I am trying to say is that there is nothing about God that you or any mortal as a matter of fact can possibly tell me about God based on the simple fact that you are speaking from your very limited knowledge... or putting it succinctly, YOU ARE JUST GUESSING.

So when you make up all your man-made laws and try to push them onto me and tell me that's what God wants, just know that I am silently laughing at you and your folly.

Unfortunately for you,
Agnosticism is just one tiny step away from atheism.

I may not know God, but i sure am searching for him. How about you?

]
Re: Married To An Atheist by Mojuven: 12:53pm On Oct 17, 2016
Hmmmmmmm, waoh am not surprised at remarks. Am a christain and honestly a lot of us do not represent God well. He never said we should impose him on any1 but rather LOVE because that is who He is LOVE. My sister love your husband and you need not be afraid.........pray at all times. GOD will guide you all the way. I recommend MAN MYTH MESSAIH.

GOD IS REAL AND HE IS LOVE

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? / My Husband Subjects Me To Marathon Sex For Ritual, Woman Tells Court / "When You Flaunt Baby Bumps, You Attract Negative Human Spirits" - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.