Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,555 members, 7,770,431 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:37 AM

What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? (109910 Views)

Assorted Soaking Garri (must-see Picture) / 15 Ways Of Drinking Garri / What Are The Health Effects Of Eating Expired Or Spoiled Food To Human Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 27, 2012
If u've stayed in lagos & u claim u've never tasted garri before #GODISWATCHING U.

If you attended boarding school, you would appreciate the essence of garri (garium sulphate *gaso4*) for survival in school. I still took garri yestiday. Imagine a friend of mine telling me how garri is expensive in london. Omo, i go smuggle that commodity enter yankee jare. With one bag, the thing go cover my ticket and miscellaneous expenses. All of una dey here dey form. I'm a business man by the way. And i know some guys & chick forming here actually lived on garri as a source of food while growing up. So why the

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by OdunetLbs: 11:08pm On Apr 27, 2012
And I can proudly say...that in documented history, the decendants of great Ijebu people where the first to produce garri...
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by OdunetLbs: 11:08pm On Apr 27, 2012
And I can proudly say...that in documented history, the decendants of great Ijebu people were the first to produce garri...
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by adefash(m): 11:08pm On Apr 27, 2012
Haelth benefits of taking garri; it stops purging,it saves lives,expecially when u dont feel like eating anyrhing,you cannot feel like not taking garri.
if the aim of the poster is to capitalise on the health harzard,you should answer these questions:
what are the benefits of consuming cocacola,cake,working in a motor pack where one is exposed to inhaling carbon mono oxide,walking under the sun.i want answer.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by avicky(f): 11:20pm On Apr 27, 2012
I'm just through with a bowl of ijebu garrium sulphate and chilled water! So irresistable!
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by avicky(f): 11:23pm On Apr 27, 2012
adefash: Haelth benefits of taking garri; it stops purging,it saves lives,expecially when u dont feel like eating anyrhing,you cannot feel like not taking garri.
if the aim of the poster is to capitalise on the health harzard,you should answer these questions:
what are the benefits of consuming cocacola,cake,working in a motor pack where one is exposed to inhaling carbon mono oxide,walking under the sun.i want answer.
oh oh...
My thoughts exactly.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Unitedabby(m): 11:34pm On Apr 27, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Keep deceiving yourself.How many resturant do you see selling garri even dieticians wont recommend garri as a food ? The whole idea behind garri is poverty-driven.Just like eating pomo and claiming to be deriving nutrients from it.there is difference between six and half a dozen. tongue also, you are at a risk of contacting Lassa fever if you drink garri so stop it asap. cheesy
you are talking rubbish guy!its obvious you drink more than every one here
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Olu12345: 11:44pm On Apr 27, 2012
Rock garri wt 'ponmo alata to ka',u wil neva b dsame again!
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Unitedabby(m): 11:46pm On Apr 27, 2012
avicky: I'm just through with a bowl of ijebu garrium sulphate and chilled water! So irresistable!
correct girl!
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by seunajia: 11:47pm On Apr 27, 2012
Max'diamond:
Guys garri no b fud o.na wetin pple dey make eba bt no b 4 drink..na poverty they make peopel drink and them wo they hapi they call am enjoyment...wen i was a student,after i flex ma feeding money,i drank garri 4 gud 2weeks witout anyoda fud.men,no bi small tin o.i cum dey thin n strength i no get,read,i no fit assiminate.na so i thin lyk broom.bt all ma frnd think say na reading cause am bt them no kw say na garri..Abeg nairalander pals,no nutrient,or any benefit 4 drinking garri..Avoid it.

Smh.You dey "tabon" for pigin English again??

@OP
Garri is a source of carbohydrate (energy giving food). When taken with -Sugar, Ground nut or milk- supplements; one might need to factor in other classes of food as appropriate.
Other than dat, it's become close to a dessert. My old woman used to fight me over taking it before food was ready though.
Try taking Garri with cold water on a sunny afternoon, instead of a glass of water, your life'll never remain the same =))

With regards to the health hazards mentioned, moderation is advised in whatever we do.

For those claiming the rich do not take Garri, talk about what you know.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by coded777: 12:21am On Apr 28, 2012
OMG', I thought this topic was so unimportant. . See my colleagues drilling with laughter and causing havoc inside library!!
Lmao @ Types of Garri and Cassava Flakes.
Somebody help me to stop cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by sapien(m): 12:24am On Apr 28, 2012
If drinking garri were a sport,I would be an olympic gold medalist!
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by coded777: 12:32am On Apr 28, 2012
Now i can comfortably say some comments on Nl ar hazardous to the health.
Just got an headache for laughing too hard.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Demdem(m): 12:57am On Apr 28, 2012
I love taking my chilled garri with smoked fish.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Tinkybabe(f): 1:41am On Apr 28, 2012
[quote author=seunajia]

roflmao..

1 Like

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Tinkybabe(f): 1:46am On Apr 28, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy [b][/b]
seunajia:

@OP
Garri is a source of carbohydrate (energy giving food). When taken with -Sugar, Ground nut or milk- supplements; one might need to factor in other classes of food as appropriate.
Other than dat, it's become close to a dessert. My old woman used to fight me over taking it before food was ready though.
Try taking Garri with cold water on a sunny afternoon, instead of a glass of water, your life'll never remain the same =))

With regards to the health hazards mentioned, moderation is advised in whatever we do.

For those claiming the rich do not take Garri, talk about what you know.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by razznaija(f): 2:03am On Apr 28, 2012
Garri is made from cassava and cassava is used to treat diarrhea, malaria, hypertension, headache, and pain.
It is also useful in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome and protects against prostate and breast cancer.
Cassava also strengthens bones, banishes bruises and guards against heart disease.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Kobojunkie: 2:45am On Apr 28, 2012
@Poster, Garri is a good source of fiber, and carbohydrate for energy.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Zeebah23(f): 3:49am On Apr 28, 2012
?
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by shollay6(m): 5:11am On Apr 28, 2012
when you drink garri in a hot weather with chilled water and correct kilishi,u will nt need to be told the benefit.go ahead and try it
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Kayman3(m): 6:16am On Apr 28, 2012
Lagusta: Garri affecting eyesight;
well, it depends on the garri processed. Cassava contains cyanide (u all know that anyway), which is a nephrotoxin and neurotoxin i.e it damages d kidneys and nerves. Therefore it affects eyesight.
The best garri to drink is IJEBU GARRI, cos it contains minimal to zero cyanide. If u wanna kno the original, then know these facts:
1) Garri that is tasteless is poison, only the sour variety is original
2) If u pour garri inside water, it must foam up, at least a bit. If not, throw it away
3) lastly, garri must swell up in water, if it just swims in it, drown it in the gutter.

So,garri is good, but i dont like mine with milk. Peanuts will dowink
well, it depends on the garri processed. Cassava contains cyanide (u all know that anyway), which is a nephrotoxin and neurotoxin i.e it damages d kidneys and nerves. Therefore it affects eyesight.
The best garri to drink is IJEBU GARRI, cos it contains minimal to zero cyanide. If u wanna kno the original, then know these facts:
2) If u pour garri inside water, it must foam up, at least a bit. If not, throw it away
3) lastly, garri must swell up in water, if it just swims in it, drown it in the gutter.

Good analysis. Try gri ands kulikuli
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Kayman3(m): 6:25am On Apr 28, 2012
Garium sulphate..
IUPAC NAME:
garium (ii) tetrasuphate(iv).
Best serve with d following.
.. Groundnut (epa yiyan)
.. KuliKuli (mostly frm d north or Ilorin type)
.. Akara (Bean cake)
.. Fried meat or fish
.. Sugar (To Taste)
.. Milk (optional) Garium sulphate..
IUPAC NAME:
.. Groundnut (epa yiyan)
.. Akara (Bean cake)
.. Fried meat or fish
.. Sugar (To Taste)
.. Milk (optional)
Garium sulphate..
IUPAC NAME:
.. Groundnut (epa yiyan)
.. Akara (Bean cake)
.. Fried meat or fish
.. Sugar (To Taste)
.. Milk (optional)
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by pdpiperpippen: 6:53am On Apr 28, 2012
All hail gari the hope of the common man, although gari dey block ynash sha, causing low semen count and infertility in women.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Agimor(m): 7:08am On Apr 28, 2012
Garri itself is carbonhydrate,so socking it add no nutrient in you than carbondhydrate.is only wen u decided to add milk surga and the rest thats wen it becomes nutritious.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by ril19(m): 7:22am On Apr 28, 2012
Whoever is speculating, and keeps speculating that garri disturbs good eye sight should at least, try 2do so with some proof. As 4 me, garri is everything good until it is proven anything bad
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by bamigboye27: 7:32am On Apr 28, 2012
I drink garri thrice a day and i c clearly more dan some1 dat eat better food dan gari. GARI IS D BEST
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Lixbon: 8:11am On Apr 28, 2012
kokoye: All of you saying garri + ice cubes. Whatever happened to garri + powdered milk + cripsy roasted groudnuts??

I'm a fan for life wink

Maybe no health benefits but the thing dey sweet . . like stew-soaked ponmo!!
,i buy ur talk well well.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by chux76(m): 8:12am On Apr 28, 2012
Okija_juju: Loss of eyesight

STORY!!!

Na him i still dey see road type dis reply Abegi...as i type so...i don soak my graphi wit gnut...a gud hunga busta..till i finish preparing Bfast.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by 234GT(m): 8:12am On Apr 28, 2012
Back in school days, boys go get one handful of garri, dem go soak am for 6pm, come drink am for 10pm after night prep. The garri go don swell to 7 handfuls!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by wehla(m): 8:17am On Apr 28, 2012
Their is nothin like 'Bad Garri' you can only have 'Good Garri' and 'Very Good Garri'.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by ignis: 8:42am On Apr 28, 2012
Dirac: None na sign of poverty
You might want to make more research

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos / FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos / The Monkey I Killed Early This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.