Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,448 members, 7,770,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:04 AM

What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? (109903 Views)

Assorted Soaking Garri (must-see Picture) / 15 Ways Of Drinking Garri / What Are The Health Effects Of Eating Expired Or Spoiled Food To Human Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by tpia5: 11:37pm On Apr 28, 2012
tosenbaba: Belive it or not when  de Uni,i get pimples for face but as a result of making ends meet,had to live on Garri for almost 3mths ,by d end my face don clean up, no more pimples.Fat N Oil has been replaced by Carbohydrate.So Ȕ can imagine how precious Garri was to me.and take note my Uni was in Ijebu so  had access to the Original garri 24-7. GS04

it could do that, no doubt, but drinking it excessively might be bad for the health.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Kingharzyz(m): 7:01am On Apr 29, 2012
Garri is a blessing for sure! I took it often and often in ma hostel...alas, it has finished now! Hoping dat mum send another in a jiffy. Anyday I took garri in d morning I usually got d strength to go on extra mile on the campus! Garri dey help o!! It gives energy and stomach till evening if you took it in the morning! Am addicted to it,garri students power!!!
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Kologie: 8:37am On Apr 29, 2012
The benefit of eating garri is immeasurable. Garri has a high fibre content that help facilitate digestion and improve proper bowel movement. It is effective against Irritable Bowel Syndrome and can also help reduce the risk of colonic cancer. In view of this, garri's bulk of fibre can be seen as an internal cleaning agent as it help clear out fecal impaction of your intestinal walls, thereby increasing your nutrient absorbtion rate. Do you know research has shown that most diseases have their root traced to an unhealthy intestinal tract, caused by high intake of low fibre food like white-flour based diets? This is where garri can become of immense benefit.
And again, there is no disputing its energy content. Garri contains starch, and by extension serves as a veritable source of energy needed by man for his sustenance.
Garri dey blind eye? I never see person wey go blind as a result of soaking garri. But the truth is that, eating too much of everything will take it toll on your body. If you abuse a good thing like Garri, it will turn out bad for you. Just learn to vary your diet. Garri is good for everyone irrespective of whether you're born with a silverspoon or a bamboo spoon.
For me, i be omo naija and i dey soak garri well well. Cheers!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Kologie: 8:37am On Apr 29, 2012
The benefit of eating garri is immeasurable. Garri has a high fibre content that help facilitate digestion and improve proper bowel movement. It is effective against Irritable Bowel Syndrome and can also help reduce the risk of colonic cancer. In view of this, garri's bulk of fibre can be seen as an internal cleaning agent as it help clear out fecal impaction of your intestinal walls, thereby increasing your nutrient absorbtion rate. Do you know research has shown that most diseases have their root traced to an unhealthy intestinal tract, caused by high intake of low fibre food like white-flour based diets? This is where garri can become of immense benefit.
And again, there is no disputing its energy content. Garri contains starch, and by extension serves as a veritable source of energy needed by man for his sustenance.
Garri dey blind eye? I never see person wey go blind as a result of soaking garri. But the truth is that, eating too much of everything will take it toll on your body. If you abuse a good thing like Garri, it will turn out bad for you. Just learn to vary your diet. Garri is good for everyone irrespective of whether you're born with a silverspoon or a bamboo spoon.
For me, i be omo naija and i dey soak garri well well. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Ericsdm55(m): 11:30am On Apr 29, 2012
JAZES:

Oga Okija, that your uncle must dey inside guinness book of record oo
for drinking 1bag of Garri in one week. grin grin grin
JAZES:

JAZES:

Na so i see yahm oh!
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by periphetes: 11:52am On Apr 29, 2012
The day garri no go dey nigeria market again, na d day rapture go occur..!
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by ReLaTE(m): 3:34pm On Apr 29, 2012
The last time i soaked garri was 8yrs ago wen i was stil a student. I cnt take it any longer nw even wen am hungry,there's always an alternative if food is nt ready yet.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by ReLaTE(m): 3:40pm On Apr 29, 2012
cmespeak: Nairaland!!!,so na garri talk reach a whole 4 pages, i hail thee 0!! nairalanders
more than 95% of members in nairaland are students so dnt blame them.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by IZUKWU(m): 5:05pm On Apr 29, 2012
souleymon: Do u know that drinking Gari before sex prevents quick ejaculation
igba ndi eze.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by ajalasadia(f): 9:33pm On Apr 29, 2012
It depends on how you are taking the garri. If taken with milk, sugar bonvita etc, it could be ok.
If ordinary, i tell u it's dangerous.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by blackboi(m): 10:51pm On Apr 29, 2012
Gari...do ur body goodwink
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by lepasharon(f): 1:08am On Apr 30, 2012
lmao at the comments here! cheesy
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by lastpage: 1:48am On Apr 30, 2012
mikron: I dont know o @ poster. Some people say lose of sight but i knw those are all lies. I dey drink garri wella and i dey enjoy am wella. Garri+ iced water+sugar+milk. Nothing like it. Mmmmmmmmmmmwwwwaaaaaaa

Very close but my own recipe is this:

Gari + Ice Water + Sugar + "flenty-flenty" roasted Ground Nuts with a plate of Hot Beans (Preferably the bean "seeds" should not crushed) kiss kiss wink

Walahi, the only thing that can beat this on a hot afternoon is to jump inside a swimming Pool and we dont have many around in my days!

Lastpage!

BTW: Health Benefits?: Makes you feel tall and proud like an IJEBU man! grin
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by blackboi(m): 8:19am On Apr 30, 2012
Garri!!... 9aija sexIest food stuffgrin
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:54am On Apr 30, 2012
one of the 'benefits' of soaking garri i guess is a bloated stomach filled with nitric gas! grin
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by medexico(m): 12:21pm On Apr 30, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

Prove it! grin grin If i had N1 (1 Naira) for every time i heard that this convoluted myth, I would be richer than Otedola by now. grin
I have soaked Garri since Nursery School up to MBA level. and I still do when supper is not ready. I should be blind (and dead) by now.
abi oh
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Claracuzio: 7:53pm On Apr 30, 2012
Garri dey cure highness, especially igbo highness
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by hakunajay(m): 7:17am On May 01, 2012
IZUKWU: igba ndi eze.

Lol... Nwanne m ndewo!
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by GeorgeD1(m): 2:02pm On May 01, 2012
Claracuzio: Garri dey cure highness, especially igbo highness

i'm sure you mean the reverse? grin
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by coded777: 4:12pm On May 01, 2012
Much benefits than i thought. Thank ya'l 4 contributin.. cool
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by yesboss20(m): 5:56pm On May 01, 2012
@Okija_juju wan kill me with laff o but I no gree! Dude got me rotfl. Dayumm!!
In line with the question, the benefits of drinking garri/soaking garrium are based on what u ingest alongside the flakes in my opinion. If u add milk, u'd benefit frm the nutrients in the actual compositn of such lactose. Same goes for g/nuts and fish. The drink itself should be a medium to gaining proteins/vitamins/carbs but garri on its own has very little nutritious content!
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by BUSHMAN1: 6:24pm On May 01, 2012
almighty garri
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Jyde89: 6:34pm On May 01, 2012
kilimanjaro: Lol @ topic. Wel, i don't know O! But one thing i know is - na poverty go make man say garri good for body.
that's what u fink,i bet their'er lots of rich guy's who still cant do without it. Does a poverty strikened man take his gari with ice water talkless of adding milk,chocolate,shuger&chicken laps,only a rich guy could do such a thing. : that's what u fink,i bet their'er lots of rich guy's who still cant do without it. Does a poverty strikened man take his gari with ice water talkless of adding milk,chocolate,shuger&chicken laps,only a rich guy could do such a thing.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by tpia5: 7:12pm On May 01, 2012
Lol @ topic. Wel, i don't know O! But one thing i know is - na poverty go make man say garri good for body

i dont think its poverty, just that its an acquired taste.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Greatozone(m): 9:24pm On May 01, 2012
Garri na makin sense food. my utility 4 garri na 100%.if u c me wia i dey soak garri eeh,even those wey dey pretend say dey neva test garri b4 go begin confess say dey dey drink am on daily bases na jst say fey wan form
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by anz0002: 9:33am On May 02, 2012
I read your post and I really appreciate it .

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:28am On May 04, 2012
ah, garri sweet garri! grin
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by blackboi(m): 11:08am On May 04, 2012
[b]Garri[/b]son! The ogbonge drink wey dey make bone strong kakaraka!!

The No. 1 life support for inside our Obodo Nigeriacheesygrincheesy

_
Marketed & distributed nationwide by: Anybodygrin
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by nairaman66(m): 4:06pm On May 05, 2012
Loss of eyesight

Garri contains one of the nutrients of a balanced diet. Please check an encyclopaedia to confirm!
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by putro(m): 4:15pm On May 07, 2012
[/color]
sexkillz: [color=#000030]Which one be health benefit of soaking garri again? E pass the lives wey im done save? grin

Health benefit of garri drinking = It saves lives! cheesy
. I love this right on point
sexkillz: [color=#000030]Which one be health benefit of soaking garri again? E pass the lives wey im done save? grin

. I love this right on point[/color]
sexkillz: Which one be health benefit of soaking garri again? E pass the lives wey im done save? grin

. I love this right on point
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:41am On May 10, 2012
so many quotes here. what's the point?
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by slimskin(f): 1:44pm On May 10, 2012
[i][/i]apart from d fact that garri is rich in carbohydrate,i dont think that drinking garri has any good health benefit!apart from d fact that garri is rich in carbohydrate,i dont think that drinking garri has any good health benefit!apart from d fact that garri is rich in carbohydrate,i dont think that drinking garri has any good health benefit!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos / FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos / The Monkey I Killed Early This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.