Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,493 members, 7,770,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:25 AM

What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? (109909 Views)

Assorted Soaking Garri (must-see Picture) / 15 Ways Of Drinking Garri / What Are The Health Effects Of Eating Expired Or Spoiled Food To Human Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by bakila: 9:01am On Apr 28, 2012
abubakarsaid200: spoil eye sight? My guy bone!!! I drank garri this morning & didn't eat untill 3:00pm. Up garri!! STUDENT POWER!!!

Sorry, hope you remember that when an N18,000 is placed before when you are in Goverment.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by bakila: 9:18am On Apr 28, 2012
Kobojunkie: @Poster, Garri is a good source of fiber, and carbohydrate for energy.

Also reduces stress and high blood pressure AS IN IF YOU HAVE IT SOAK IT CONSUME IT AND MOVE ON IF YOU DO NOT HAVE FOOD instead of thinking to much.

It reduces the number of armed robbers and yahoo yahoo buys that would have gone to our system. Imagine how many more people would have suffered if not gor Garri.
Garri made it possible for a lot of chaps in Nigeria to graduate. One of them is Bluetooth. With their better earning they can afford to be healthy.

Plus if we have properly harnased the benefit of Garri Tetracycline and Flagyl manufacturers would out of market, in matters of very watery poo.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by DECOtech(m): 9:49am On Apr 28, 2012
Fhemmmy: Nice question, but never thought about it, however, it makes my heart glad and makes me see heaven when i download the gari soaked in cold water filled with ice cubes, and dancing inside milk and sugar saying Hi as well . . . .
ooooooooohhhh myyy God!!! grin
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by DECOtech(m): 9:52am On Apr 28, 2012
kilimanjaro: Lol @ topic. Wel, i don't know O! But one thing i know is - na poverty go make man say garri good for body.
you no de chop eba?
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by DECOtech(m): 10:01am On Apr 28, 2012
sexkillz: Which one be health benefit of soaking garri again? E pass the lives wey im done save? grin

Health benefit of garri drinking = It saves lives! cheesy
Bros!!! ...I CONCOUR! ...I too luv u.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Francuiz: 10:32am On Apr 28, 2012
LMFAO. Wat a funny thrend though i've learnt alot sha
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by stacy(f): 11:01am On Apr 28, 2012
Effective relief of running stomach...Just tested and proven...
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Emmyk(m): 11:37am On Apr 28, 2012
Love garri die. Use to take it as much as possible times in a day- even midnight sef, while at home. Buh i dey school now. Take it atleast once in 3 or 4days. Wit imumu. O boy!
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by MRMICKMEN: 2:11pm On Apr 28, 2012
YES IT DRY THE BLOOD IN YOUR BODY UNTIL U DIE grin
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Generalzod(m): 2:19pm On Apr 28, 2012
And hw do u feel afterwards?no constipation?...I envy ur belle
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Impulse80(m): 2:22pm On Apr 28, 2012
I take it for inspiration, and for concentration
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by August21(m): 2:30pm On Apr 28, 2012
sexkillz: Which one be health benefit of soaking garri again? E pass the lives wey im done save? grin

Health benefit of garri drinking = It saves lives! cheesy
. Mehn, all dis Nairalanders na gari be una favorite food? See as body dey catch una ontop d matter... Chei!!!
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by cmespeak: 4:32pm On Apr 28, 2012
Nairaland!!!,so na garri talk reach a whole 4 pages, i hail thee 0!! nairalanders
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by damilola15: 4:42pm On Apr 28, 2012
Garri and kulikuli, garri and groundnut.
Uhm try Garri with vegetable and see something.

Keeping an empty stomach for a long period of time is very unhealty. How else can you reduce this if not by having instant supplement. Garri would always rise to this occasion.

I've a friend who always has garri in his office.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by tpia5: 4:46pm On Apr 28, 2012
garri with peanut butter- the crunchy type.

very nice, when kulikuli or nigerian style groundnut isnt available.

gari with vegetable is great.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Piyke: 4:55pm On Apr 28, 2012
Omo I remember the myth that if eat mango and drink garri u will die tongue It made the rounds well when I was in 2ndry skl and never saw anyone who tried to disprove it. Any of us heard it?
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by hakunajay(m): 5:57pm On Apr 28, 2012
Piyke: Omo I remember the myth that if eat mango and drink garri u will die tongue It made the rounds well when I was in 2ndry skl and never saw anyone who tried to disprove it. Any of us heard it?

Lol... Scary stories back then.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by antartica(m): 6:33pm On Apr 28, 2012
Garri is a high carbohydrate food,packed with loads of instant energy.And becease is quite a starchy food,it's got high sugar content and high sugar content means diabetics when eaten excessively.

The best food are fibrous food,like beans,unripe platain,brown rice,oats,poutry,fish,vegetables and co.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Brite02(m): 6:36pm On Apr 28, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

grin grin grin grin Your Uncle no sabi the formula, you must supplement with milk+sugar+groundnut or kuli-kuli to counter-act the blindness factor grin
guy u correct. Me i b garri fan 4 life, when u drink the right garri, no b those ones wey dey smell grin with heavy supplements wink u knw what i mean na, blindness go fear fear
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:40pm On Apr 28, 2012
Okija_juju: Loss of eyesight

^^^I thought that was from wanking too much undecided?

@Topic: Well i don't know about health benefits, but i do know soaking garri brings you back down to earth and reminds you of where you're coming from. A truly humbling experience.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by antartica(m): 6:54pm On Apr 28, 2012
You got eat right to stay functional.Everything you eat reflects in you.The body is like a car,the better you maintain it,the better it functions.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Brite02(m): 6:56pm On Apr 28, 2012
jmoore: There is nothing wrong with Garri if processed well

Garri is a substitute for those cereal products used for breakfast.

If Oyibo starts to package it very well, some ladies will start updating their status on social networks like "chilling with a bowl of Garri"

Garri+milk+groundnut= fantastic
Hahahahahahahahahahaha, na so, even canned, bottle garri. Update status: chilling with my bottle garri and bottle water and bottle groundnut and canned sugar and milk. Lma0 grin grin
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by ignis: 7:11pm On Apr 28, 2012
seunajia:

Smh.You dey "tabon" for pigin English again??

@OP
Garri is a source of carbohydrate (energy giving food). When taken with -Sugar, Ground nut or milk- supplements; one might need to factor in other classes of food as appropriate.
Other than dat, it's become close to a dessert. My old woman used to fight me over taking it before food was ready though.
Try taking Garri with cold water on a sunny afternoon, instead of a glass of water, your life'll never remain the same =))

With regards to the health hazards mentioned, moderation is advised in whatever we do.

For those claiming the rich do not take Garri, talk about what you know.
GBAM
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 28, 2012
I don't give a hoot about benefits or risks. Pure Ijebu garri with iced water and groundnut or coconut for the win. That is heaven on earth. It will counter-act the blindness.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by NawaO1(m): 7:35pm On Apr 28, 2012
dubem3:
but they drink it?

Guy, what happened to DRANK!!!!. Kai how u tey pass WAEC sef
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Adexprint(m): 8:32pm On Apr 28, 2012
geriun iv oxide..........solition to urgent hunger espectially in hot afternoon when we just return from school. nice when combined with eja dindin, gulinkuli or epa grin
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by tosenbaba(m): 8:33pm On Apr 28, 2012
Belive it or not when  de Uni,i get pimples for face but as a result of making ends meet,had to live on Garri for almost 3mths ,by d end my face don clean up, no more pimples.Fat N Oil has been replaced by Carbohydrate.So Ȕ can imagine how precious Garri was to me.and take note my Uni was in Ijebu so  had access to the Original garri 24-7. GS04
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Ashbaba: 9:41pm On Apr 28, 2012
U guyz shouldnt forget that garri no get advert but e sell pass indomie

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Rossikk(m): 10:17pm On Apr 28, 2012
MManuel: Back in the days a friend was so broke and hungry that he drank a big bowl of garri WITHOUT SUGAR, MILK & Groundnut(A1). He ate 1 RED PEPPER to ginger his mouth then pounced on the g4. It was LEGENGARY. G4 is a life-saver. QED

LOL grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Rossikk(m): 10:35pm On Apr 28, 2012
Garri and coconut + sugar with beans cooked with smoked fish, plantain, and palm oil. Heaven itself. wink
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by realsammie(m): 10:53pm On Apr 28, 2012
has anyone try GARRI & KULIKULI..wat a balance diet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos / FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos / The Monkey I Killed Early This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.