Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,115 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? (12217 Views)

Jesus Is God Almighty......question Me / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / What Is The Name Of God Almighty? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by Image123(m): 3:14pm On Jun 11, 2012
@ Image123,

Can you please breakdown John 1:1 and 1 Tim. 3:16 you quoted for explanation?

In the beginning was the Word, the Word was "with God" and the word was God. John 1:1

Here is the "W"ord that was God and also in this text is the "God" that the "W"ord was with.....in the beginning. Can you tell us they are both the same and one person?

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 1 Timothy 3:16

In this context, which "God" was manifest in the flesh? and who or which God was received up into glory?

The doctrine of the trinity basically says HOLY, HOLY, HOLY, GOD IN THREE PERSONS, BLESSED TRINITY. It is of three distinct and recognisable personalities perfectly united in One. That the Father, the Son, and the Holy ghost are God in a way no other is or can be. That this Three persons God is the Godhead. The mystery is that they are ONE. How three is one is a mystery no doubt. It's not something that became a mystery at Nicea or by Constantine or Catholics. It was clearly revealed in the New Testament and yet a mystery.
1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

mys·ter·y [místəree]
noun (plural mys·ter·ies)
1. puzzling event or situation: an event or situation that is difficult to fully understand or explain
2. unknown one: an unknown, secret, or hidden person or thing
3. strangeness: the quality of being strange, secret, or puzzli

Microsoft® Encarta® 2009. © 1993-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

without controversy, without argument, we do not fully understand God. i wonder at the cockiness of ijawkid who thinks he has it all figured out, and others fools and sick. i say the 'truth' you know has not set you free at all. The mystery of Godliness is in scripture, and its not a small thing or simple thing as some have portrayed, it is great. Great is the mystery of godliness. We can't fully contain it, it's beyond figuring it out, or multitasking or brainwork meditaiton. God was manifest in the flesh, Jesus is the Word that was God, that was made flesh. And then, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
This is jesus, and it clearly states that He is God, not a lesser God, or a god. he is God like God the Father.

1John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by haibe(m): 3:18pm On Jun 11, 2012
Goshen360:

Okay, Q1. In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Gen. 1:1

In this context, which God is this or what God is this talking about?
God yahweh of course (d fada, word nd spirit)
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by haibe(m): 3:22pm On Jun 11, 2012
@ijawkid who do u see jesus as?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by Goshen360(m): 3:37pm On Jun 11, 2012
haibe:
God yahweh of course (d fada, word nd spirit)

This is one of the problem you are having to comprehend this matter (I dont mean no insult please). Your answer is God, Yahweh of course (the Father, "W"ord, not "w"ord and the "S"pirit, not "s"pirit). Your answer is wrong first. We will get to that after you answer Q2, okay.

Now, let's go to the 2nd question and then after, we will tie it up together, very simple.

Q2. In the beginning was the "W"ord, the "W"ord was with God and the "W"ord was God. John 1:1

Can you distinguish btw the Word that was God and the God the Word was with......in this context?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by nyameke: 3:38pm On Jun 11, 2012
ijawkid:

What u jus said sounds so silly because Jesus wuld never say it...

What did Jesus tell his followers about himself and his name..........

Oh u want to differentiate god and God eh

Its like u want us to go in depth into this issue.....

Let me give u a hint as to where ur small letter g and big letter G came from....

In d original hebrew and greek texts there were no upper and lower case for ur information....

So when u saw elohim or theos it was all in d upper casing irrespective of the god being talked about.....big letters...

English translators chose to start differentiaiting which god is which.......

Instead of sticking to d personal names of d individuals they started using god,lord for individuals when they knew those titles aren't names neither are they meant for 1-3 persons...........

Now back to d immanuel issue..........

If I name my child immanuel like d way we have many immanuels here on earth,does that make my child God or god??

Satan was called the God ....

What more do u want??
God is nobodies name my nigga

Please read ya bible well..........ok
No what he said was not silly you are silly.. Yashua didn't have to call himself God or YHWH the bible's said so and btw Yashua never denied that he was not God.. He declared it..

And speaking of Satan being god or God, anyone can call themselves a God.. its not surprising if you know why.. In the beginning there was One and this one differentiated into the many..In the core of things we are all Gods.. we are created or individuated expressions of the one God/source.. The Godhead is the highest expression of this source/ God because the Godhead/Yahweh is the source and the beginning..

God gave us all free will and you can choose to let him be your source of power or you don't.. when you don't out of ignorance you become your own God so to speak..

Out of ignorance Satan decided to usurp the Godhead and be THE GOD .. but Yahweh cannot be mocked and you know the rest of the story.. Now there is a reason why mankind exist but that's for another topic..
Atheist and other unbelievers are their own god..
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by Image123(m): 3:57pm On Jun 11, 2012
God is so One, you would barely note the difference, except that the Bible clearly teaches it. It's like if i compare mine body to the concept. My body parts are still me. All the three parts of the Godhead are still God. My lungs are not greater than my kidneys, neither is my head superior to my heart. They are still me, my makeup.
Jesus Christ clearly stated in Revelation 1:8 that He is Almighty. there is no big deal to it, it's a simple fact.

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

All these talk about the Almighty been a big name for Jesus is child's play. The name JESUS itself is greater than the name Almighty.

Phi 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Phi 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

A name that is a name which is above every name, is a name which is ABOVE EVERY name. The name of Jesus has been placed above every name, Almighty, All seeing, Baba God, Papa, Wondrous etc. In Heaven, in earth, anywhere. And BTW, Jesus is the Word who is magnified above ALL God's name, including the 'dreaded' Almighty name (Psalm 138,) except you don't believe the scriptures quoted.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by Goshen360(m): 4:24pm On Jun 11, 2012
@ Image123,

See, Ijawkid is NOT saying Jesus is NOT God. He has said it in this thread. The question or issue we are dealing with is, Is Jesus who is also God the SAME (being or person, so to say) AS THE ALMIGHTY GOD. Almighty God in this context is God, the Father. This is what we are dealing with.

Now, If you say or believe Jesus, who is also God is SAME as God Almighty, who in this context is the Father, THEN WHO IS THE FATHER OR WHAT POSITION IS THE FATHER OR WHAT WILL YOU CALL THE FATHER SHOULD JESUS BE THE GOD ALMIGHTY (The Father)?

Kindly answer these questions please.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by Image123(m): 4:28pm On Jun 11, 2012
It was not just God the Father that made Heaven and earth, it was a "Let US". It was the three in One. God became flesh, humbled Himself so that He could save us, not because He is a lesser God. He had to become us, learn obedience.

Phi 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Phi 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Christ was truly God ((CEV) Christ was truly God. But he did not try to remain equal with God.). He came in physical form to man. He could now be seen. he had opportunity to tell everybody "I Am God". But He didn't go about doing that, He humbled Himself. It didn't think of the advantage of been in the physical, to play a smart one. He didn't think of robbing God. But He made Himself of no reputation.

Phi 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
He had reputation before, but He made Himself of no reputation. He was not eternally a servant. It was when He got to earth that He took on Him the form of a servant. i saw ijawkid writing some stuff about form earlier. his hero conveniently skipped this part about form of a servant. he emphatically says jesus is servant, double standards. It was this new position He took that made Him to say things like the Father is greater than i, and such like. This was IMPORTANT because He came to play the role of an example to us, humans. he came to show us how to live, how to please God.
Heb 7:26 For such a high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
He was not us from eternity, a servant, obedient and lowly and meek. He became us. He became a lamb, let's not forget that He's EQUALLY a lion. The two parts should be considered. He had to learn obedience. He wasn't obeying anybody from eternity, He is God, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Almighty.
Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Jesus is not just meek and lowly, He is also highly lifted up, above all.

It is Jesus's coming from Heaven to earth to show us the way that brings up actions and passages like

1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Maturity in understanding should help one know that this is Jesus in His position Jesus(Saviour).
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by Image123(m): 4:38pm On Jun 11, 2012
Goshen360: @ Image123,

See, Ijawkid is NOT saying Jesus is NOT God. He has said it in this thread. The question or issue we are dealing with is, Is Jesus who is also God the SAME (being or person, so to say) AS THE ALMIGHTY GOD. Almighty God in this context is God, the Father. This is what we are dealing with.

Now, If you say or believe Jesus, who is also God is SAME as God Almighty, who in this context is the Father, THEN WHO IS THE FATHER OR WHAT POSITION IS THE FATHER OR WHAT WILL YOU CALL THE FATHER SHOULD JESUS BE THE GOD ALMIGHTY (The Father)?

i said it already. the trinity is God in three persons. i find it strange that you are asking again if it is the same person, when all Trinitarians say it is God in three persons. The point, and mystery is that it is three persons but not three Gods. God is One, that's the first commandment, ithink. The Lord is One. It is not two or more Lords, the Lord Jesus and the Lord God Father, NO. It is One. Jesus is the Almighty God, the Eternal and Everlasting God. The Father is also the Almighty God, the eternal God. The Holy Ghost is the same Almighty God. Yet they are three persons, hence why the Bible calls it a mystery.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by nyameke: 4:44pm On Jun 11, 2012
ijawkid:

Read that research work up there my freind...lol

That john 1:1 following ya analogy will only mean we have 2 true Gods instead of 1...

Because John 1:1 says the word which was God was with another God....

The context is what u shuld be considering,not just reading John 1:1 like a story.......

If Jesus was with somebody in d beginning,who was it??

And is he still d person he was with..................

Then we can call Jesus noob saibot.....

Sorry if I used some words on u...I'm sorry...

Please just read up that write up I tagged to naibe's comment about the title God and d review of hebrews 1:8 $ 9...

I earlier had given u guys many examples...

If u dnt read d bible in d right context u will end up confusing yaself...

I gave d example of d word LUCIFER ....

If I tell u Jesus is LUCIFER I know u will so argue with me...

But if u understand that word and then read scriptures in context u'll understand many points in d scriptures..
Son don't talk to me about context because if you undersutood context you wouldn't be all confused...
You read but you don't understand... And forget about the research crap that you talking about I have been there done all that. I know about the history of the bible translations and all that God god Lord bla bla bla and others that you have posted..

Carefully read john 1:1-14 and tell me what you really understand from it..once you read these ask yourself this..

Was the Word not God? Was the Word not from the beginning? Did the word not manifest in the flesh and named Yashua?

This is what john 1:14 says " The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth"

Yes I know that most of the bible translations have been tampered with..I can give you examples after examples using the Greek transcript and Hebrew transcripts..The core of the messages in the bible is what should concern you not the words play..don't let the luciferian agenda fool you..

I have already explained why Yashua is also Yahweh but for others that didn't see it I'm going to post it again
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by ijawkid(m): 4:46pm On Jun 11, 2012
nyameke: No what he said was not silly you are silly.. Yashua didn't have to call himself God or YHWH the bible's said so and btw Yashua never denied that he was not God.. He declared it..

And speaking of Satan being god or God, anyone can call themselves a God.. its not surprising if you know why.. In the beginning there was One and this one differentiated into the many..In the core of things we are all Gods.. we are created or individuated expressions of the one God/source.. The Godhead is the highest expression of this source/ God because the Godhead/Yahweh is the source and the beginning..

God gave us all free will and you can choose to let him be your source of power or you don't.. when you don't out of ignorance you become your own God so to speak..

Out of ignorance Satan decided to usurp the Godhead and be THE GOD .. but Yahweh cannot be mocked and you know the rest of the story.. Now there is a reason why mankind exist but that's for another topic..
Atheist and other unbelievers are their own god..

Show me just 1 verse in d biblÉ wherÉ Jesus said ""worship me,for I am God""

Yahweh will openly tell isrealites to worship him alone and that he is a jealous God...

Please show me 1 place in d bible where Jesus told his disciples or all of us that "" I AM GOD,worship me""
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by nyameke: 4:54pm On Jun 11, 2012

@Goshen I thought you understood the Godhead ?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by ijawkid(m): 4:56pm On Jun 11, 2012
nyameke: Son don't talk to me about context because if you undersutood context you wouldn't be all confused...
You read but you don't understand... And forget about the research crap that you talking about I have been there done all that. I know about the history of the bible translations and all that God god Lord bla bla bla and others that you have posted..

Carefully read john 1:1-14 and tell me what you really understand from it..once you read these ask yourself this..

Was the Word not God? Was the Word not from the beginning? Did the word not manifest in the flesh and named Yashua?

This is what john 1:14 says " The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth"

Yes I know that most of the bible translations have been tampered with..I can give you examples after examples using the Greek transcript and Hebrew transcripts..The core of the messages in the bible is what should concern you not the words play..don't let the luciferian agenda fool you..

I have already explained why Yashua is also Yahweh but for others that didn't see it I'm going to post it again

Now u talk about word play....

John chapter 1 tells me that Jesus is seperate from his Father...even a year old knows that....

John 1 tells us of 2 persons...son and Father....

U guys are d ones saying they are literally one person,meanwhile we are reading of 2 persons.........

Is d word the Father??

Now its very imprtant to analyze this topic if not we'll all be engaged in idolatry.....

Who shuld we render exclusive devotion to!

If I believe Jesus is Yahweh then it means I just believed in modalism.............

Which I can't believe in.........

Its d craziest thing to believe in.........

If Jesus can be greater than himself and prayed to himself then I think we all need a brain examining........

The church Fathers has actually led many to this spurious doctrine and it'll soon come to an end,when if any of u by chance get to heaven to find out that Yahweh and Yeshua are 2 seperate persons..........

The bible has shown they r not d same,but since u guys will hold on to constantines dogma,then mayb heaven will be d only solution...........

Anytime servants of God gazed to d heavens they always see 2 seperate persons sitting close to each other,never 1 person.........

If I ask u who u worship u'll be giving confused answers........

Soon u might be forced to worship mary too...

Since she is d mother of d almighty God..

If ur nt a catholic,I urge u to become 1....

Lol
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by MrAnony1(m): 5:03pm On Jun 11, 2012

Goshen, I don't think you and ijawkid are not saying the same thing as you might think. Ijawkid is introducing a hierarchy where the persons of the Godhead are ranked in a King and subject style. Please read through Ijawkid's posts, He is also implying that Jesus should not be worshipped as He is a servant of God. This is heretic

The danger in this thread is that Once one starts distinguishing between Jesus and Jehova, you run the risk of belittling Christ. The next thing that follows is the value of His sacrifice. Once you phrase a question as Jesus vs God almighty, you are indirectly implying that Jesus is not mighty enough.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by Goshen360(m): 5:06pm On Jun 11, 2012
Image123:
i said it already. the trinity is God in three persons. i find it strange that you are asking again if it is the same person, when all Trinitarians say it is God in three persons. The point, and mystery is that it is three persons but not three Gods. God is One, that's the first commandment, i think. The Lord is One. It is not two or more Lords, the Lord Jesus and the Lord God Father, NO. It is One. Jesus is the Almighty God, the Eternal and Everlasting God. The Father is also the Almighty God, the eternal God. The Holy Ghost is the same Almighty God. Yet they are three persons, hence why the Bible calls it a mystery.

Image123,

Seriously, you are confusing Trinity teachings. I "suggest" you take another study on the subject. How can you tell us Jesus is Almighty God and also Father is Almighty God and Holy Spirit is Almighty God? How? God is NOT the author of confusion my brother. See, I believe in Trinity but you're confusing things here. Yes it is a mystery BUT are you saying from Genesis to Revelation, we cannot understand even though we "might" not fully absorb it in our human mind. When the bible was being written is different from when is it complete. In fact, we are the most blessed generation to have the best understand.

You might NOT understand this Trinity like I said to you earlier until you begin to deal with "context" of the text. The concept of Trinity is in Genesis 1:1. That word, "God" in Genesis 1:1 is the most mind blowing and we just have to leave it like that in the sense that, that word, "God" is Elohim. The mystery therein is that, it is PLURAL in meaning but ONE. What this means it that, God, the Father is present. The Word was present in his time past and the Holy Spirit was present. This is where we have 3 persons BUT still ONE. This should simply tell you that "God" NOT God"s" is NOT the name of ONE person in this context. When the revelation was given to Moses, that was when the bible is still in the process of completion, and it says,

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Deuteronomy 6:4

See whenever you see "LORD" all capitalized in the scriptures and attached with the "God", It is talking about YHWH which means Yahweh in that context of Deut. 6:4 because Jesus also bears God and same the Holy Spirit. So how do you know which is which in the context, just simply the context and when you read things like, "LORD God", it's different from "Lord God", "Lord God" is Christ in any context while "LORD God" is Yahweh and still it is NOT God"s" as you said, it is always "God". I hope you take a break and study this things again. I will advice you get some study aids, if you don't have. Don't take the letters literally, that is why the bible says, the letters kills.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by ijawkid(m): 5:06pm On Jun 11, 2012
haibe: @ijawkid who do u see jesus as?

I see Jesus as d son of Yahweh.....gbam!!!!!

Not d same with Yahweh,but as a servant and high priest of Yahweh................

I see Jesus as our mediator that talks to Yahweh for us.....

Jesus is like Yahwehs secretary....

We can't get to Yahweh unless we pass thru his high priest...........

I see Jesus as Yahwehs subordinate...(1corinthians 11;3)

I see Jesus as Yahwehs king designate........

This facts dnt change d fact I adore and honor Jesus....

It only makes me know d line of headship and who I'm to direct exclusive devotion to......

If Jesus is running errands for Yahweh,making intercessions for all of us,pleading on our behalf to Yahweh then I appreciate all that..that's why I will obey his commands...

But to say Jesus is now d Yahweh he is working for as a mediator for between man $ Yahweh,then I must be sick in my brain
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by Goshen360(m): 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
nyameke: @Goshen I thought you understood the Godhead ?

Yes, I do understand Godhead OR you might want to teach more, I don't mind sir.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by Goshen360(m): 5:14pm On Jun 11, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Goshen, I don't think you and ijawkid are not saying the same thing as you might think. Ijawkid is introducing a hierarchy where the persons of the Godhead are ranked in a King and subject style. Please read through Ijawkid's posts, He is also implying that Jesus should not be worshipped as He is a servant of God. This is heretic

The danger in this thread is that Once one starts distinguishing between Jesus and Jehova, you run the risk of belittling Christ. The next thing that follows is the value of His sacrifice. Once you phrase a question as Jesus vs God almighty, you are indirectly implying that Jesus is not mighty enough.

I know Ijawkid doesn't believe in Trinity but I do believe in Trinity. It's simple what it is. Maybe am looking at this thread on a different understand. My understand of this thread is, Is Jesus as a person the SAME person as God Almighty, which in this context of thread is God the Father? If they are same person, then we have Two person in the Trinity teachings. For us to have Three in UNITY, that ONE, there must be three distinct person in order to be called Trinity. Maybe am understanding something different. Ijawkid if he says Jesus should NOT be worshiped IS PURE HERESY and we can proved that from the bible.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by nyameke: 5:17pm On Jun 11, 2012
I had posted this on another thread why Yashua/ jesus name is also Yahweh ..
Yahweh is the name of the Godhead..They are all in each other and equal but have different roles.. One is the father who chooses who to save and the son is the one who saves and the holy spirit seals.. everything is manifested through the son.. when see the son you have seen them all..

You are wrong son..Jesus is the supreme God and prime creator of all..Jesus said I and the father are one. I'm going to use the Hebrew scriptures to reveal some simple yet hidden truths for.. Firstly, the name of God in the Bible is called “Yod Heh Vav Heh”.

Every letter in the Hebrew Alphabet has a corresponding Pictograph to it. “Yod” has the pictograph of an “Open Hand.” “Heh” is the Fifth Hebrew Alphabet and the number 5 represents “Grace” in Biblical Numerology. “Heh” has the pictograph of an “Open Window” which represents a portal of heaven into God’s Glory/Grace. “Vav” is the picture of a “Nail.” Put all these together - “Yod Heh Vav Heh”/YHWH = Hand of Grace, Nailed in Grace. Who is that? JESUS!

When Jesus was crucified on the cross, the inscription over it was “JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS.” In Hebrew that would read “Yeshua Ha’Netzeret V’mlech Ha’Yehudim”. By taking the first letters of each of these four words we get Y-H-V-H, or Yod Heh Vav Heh (Yahweh). JESUS is Yahweh!

This is why the chief priests of the Jews said ro Pilate, “Write not, The King of the Jews but that he said, I am King of the Jews.” They saw that the name of God was written on the cross where Jesus was crucified and they could not accept it. They refuse to acknowledge that Jesus is God.

Pilate answered, “What I have written, I have written.” This signifies that what God has written, no one can change it. This is why Jesus always said “It is written…”

Jesus said I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by Goshen360(m): 5:18pm On Jun 11, 2012
@ Ijawkid,

Question for you and simple answer, no beating about the bush please

Do you believe Jesus is God.....in this context, God, the Son? Yes or NO
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by nyameke: 5:23pm On Jun 11, 2012
I also posted this about Yashua

God came in the flesh as Jesus to deliver and save us from sin..God came manifested into this plane of existence as Jesus.. Also be aware that Jesus given name in the bible is Yashua and not Jesus. The translators called him Jesus..

And you shall call Him Yahshua, for He will save his people from their sins,” says Matthew 1:21.

In the gospels, the Messiah said that He came in His Father’s name – the name of YHWH. The messiah also told us that " I and the father are one "How is YHWH Yahshua’s/Jesus name? Or how is Jesus and God one and the same?

The name Yahshua is a compound word, made up of two Hebrew phrases. First, YAH is a shortened version of the name of YHWH. The Name YAH is a poetic form of YHWH, found throughout the Psalms. The KJV says, “Sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name YAH, and rejoice before him,” Psalm 68:4. Secondly, “shua” is a Hebrew word meaning to “deliver, turn, save, or salvation.” When these two words are put together, the Savior’s true name is revealed:

“YAH” + “shua” = “YHWH is salvation” = Yahshua=Jesus ( English translation )
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by nyameke: 5:32pm On Jun 11, 2012
Goshen360:

Yes, I do understand Godhead OR you might want to teach more, I don't mind sir.
Ok so let's talk my Christian brother what's your understanding of it
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by ijawkid(m): 6:17pm On Jun 11, 2012
nyameke: I also posted this about Yashua

God came in the flesh as Jesus to deliver and save us from sin..God came manifested into this plane of existence as Jesus.. Also be aware that Jesus given name in the bible is Yashua and not Jesus. The translators called him Jesus..

And you shall call Him Yahshua, for He will save his people from their sins,” says Matthew 1:21.

In the gospels, the Messiah said that He came in His Father’s name – the name of YHWH. The messiah also told us that " I and the father are one "How is YHWH Yahshua’s/Jesus name? Or how is Jesus and God one and the same?

The name Yahshua is a compound word, made up of two Hebrew phrases. First, YAH is a shortened version of the name of YHWH. The Name YAH is a poetic form of YHWH, found throughout the Psalms. The KJV says, “Sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name YAH, and rejoice before him,” Psalm 68:4. Secondly, “shua” is a Hebrew word meaning to “deliver, turn, save, or salvation.” When these two words are put together, the Savior’s true name is revealed:

“YAH” + “shua” = “YHWH is salvation” = Yahshua=Jesus ( English translation )

Mind u Joshua of old answered this Yehshua even b4 Jesus came to d earth...........

The name Yehshua alone tells u even that he is not Yahweh.....

From ya analogy it means those who answered names such as Jehoshaphat,Joshua which is also Yehshua,Josiah,Jehoikim all are Yahweh....

Jesus having Yahwehs name attached to him is even a good evidence why he is not Yahweh.....

I want u to show me from d scriptures where it says Yahweh is d head of d Godhead?

Pls don't bring in ur own idealogy...please use d scriptures......

And 1 other question for u....

From all ya running here and there to prove. Jesus is Yahweh and Yahweh is Jesus,can u please from ur trinity/pagan triad doctrine prove that the holy spirit is Jesus christ?

From d trinity dogma

Yahweh=Jesus=holyspirit=almighty God....

Can we suggest or follow d rule by saying that
Jesus=holy spirit

Can we say when Jesus was on earth he was d same as the holy spirit??

Or can we say the holy spirit died for us??

ok if u say also that Yahweh is d head of the God head then who makes up the tail of it??

Is Jesus d holy spirit??

If Yes prove where it says the holy spirit died for us...

If NO,then d trinity is just another pagan blunder
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by Goshen360(m): 6:22pm On Jun 11, 2012
Ijawkid,

You haven't answered my question o. Am waiting. I just wanna know your stand. Too much confusion here on a simple matter.lolz

Goshen360: @ Ijawkid,

Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by ijawkid(m): 6:28pm On Jun 11, 2012
Goshen360: @ Ijawkid,

Although I haven't seen or heard of the word "" GOD the SON"" in d bible b4,I know and believe that Jesus is divine or a God..

I'm not a muslim so I know Jesus in heaven....

But I worship Yahweh because I can't worship 2 Gods.....

And when I mean worship its not just showing sign of reverence or bowing down or paying homage

I mean worship in every sense...

I can remember well that nobody brought animal sacrifices b4 Jesus when he was on earth or made animal sacrifices to him.....

No normal sane isrealite could have done that because they knew Jesus wasn't or isn't Yahweh..........

I worship Yahweh....

Jesus is my high priest that intercedes for me and you to Yahweh......

If I worshiped Jesus I won't have to say ""IN JESUS NAME""

That word or slogan as it may be would be useless.....

I understand d role Jesus plays but he can't and will never be Yahweh........

Abraham and isaac and all those faithful patriarchs who didn't worship Jesus will still inherit Gods kingdom.......

Jesus didn't come to distabilize our worship to Yahweh,he only came to make our access to Yahweh better and perfect.......

As d perfect high priest of Yahweh.......
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by ijawkid(m): 6:53pm On Jun 11, 2012
@goshen.....

Do u believe mary is the mother of almighty God(Yahweh=Jesus=holyspirit) ??

Trinity can get us crazy bro.....
Lol....

The implications of believin in d trinity is so absurd and thus leads to more heresy .......
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by Goshen360(m): 6:54pm On Jun 11, 2012
nyameke: Ok so let's talk my Christian brother what's your understanding of it

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily Col. 2:9 kjv

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. 1 Cor. 11:3 kjv

However, I want you to realize that Christ has authority over every man, a husband has authority over his wife, and God has authority over Christ. 1 Cor. 11:3 GWT

Godhead depends on the context in the bible. Godhead as used in Col. 2:9 simply means Jesus is God manifest or visible in the flesh because no man has seen God the Father. It means Deity. It means Christ is the visible expression of God, that is Jesus is God manifest in the flesh. He is NOT God as a man, as human being, other wise he will NOT die for God cannot die BUT he is God in the per-existed and manifest in human form. I have being saying this, seems no one is paying attention. "God" is NOT a one being name (cf Col. 1:15-20 emphasis on vs.19).

Now, when you study 1 Cor 11:3, it tell you that head of Christ is God. This context simply doesn't mean the physical head but authority which the God's Word Translation I quoted. So What when you read Godhead in Col. 2:9, it means the full Deity that made God to be God, I mean the Father, it was deposited in Christ and that made him God also but Jesus did not think of it equal with God, the Father. This is what 1 Cor. 11:3 meant by saying God, the Father has authority (the head of Christ) over Christ. I still believe Trinity is a mystery BUT not as difficult as some of your are explaining it. Some of you are explaining as that, Jesus though God is the same as the God,the Father. That will interpret, God the Father and Jesus, God the Son is ONE ENTITY, not two distinct person. When you guys say that, then it means it is Twonity, not trinity anymore because you guys have said Jesus is the Father. Maybe am confused at to you guys explanations or am missing something.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by haibe(m): 7:19pm On Jun 11, 2012
Goshen360:

This is one of the problem you are having to comprehend this matter (I dont mean no insult please). Your answer is God, Yahweh of course (the Father, "W"ord, not "w"ord and the "S"pirit, not "s"pirit). Your answer is wrong first. We will get to that after you answer Q2, okay.

Now, let's go to the 2nd question and then after, we will tie it up together, very simple.

Q2. In the beginning was the "W"ord, the "W"ord was with God and the "W"ord was God. John 1:1

Can you distinguish btw the Word that was God and the God the Word was with......in this context?
Forget the upper or lower case issue from my posts you should understand that i support the Word and Spirit to be God. That's by the way, the Word was the Son now and the God the word was with is the Father.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by Goshen360(m): 7:29pm On Jun 11, 2012
haibe:
Forget the upper or lower case issue from my posts you should understand that i support the Word and Spirit to be God. That's by the way, the Word was the Son now and the God the word was with is the Father.

Well, in that case, you agree the God-the Father is and also distinct from the Word who is also God. Do you agree that they are different though they are God or you believe the Word who is God also is same as God-the Father?.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by haibe(m): 7:40pm On Jun 11, 2012

Firstly i will say you haven't read ijawkid's post well and no one is saying the Fada, Son and Holy spirit is one person, we have said it several times in this thread that they are 3 persons distinct from each other but co-equal and co-eternal.
Secondly without Jesus there is no almighty God at hall, without the holy Spirit or the Father there is no God almighty. You can call either of the persons in the Godhead God almighty.. Get it
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by Goshen360(m): 7:43pm On Jun 11, 2012
ijawkid: @goshen.....

Do u believe mary is the mother of almighty God(Yahweh=Jesus=holyspirit) ??

Trinity can get us crazy bro.....
Lol....

The implications of believin in d trinity is so absurd and thus leads to more heresy .......

I have said here my stand on Trinity in line with my understand about the word, "God". I don't believe Jesus, though is God is the same as Almighty (in this context, the Father). I believe they are distinct from one another. Jesus being God to manifest as man in flesh, has to be born by a woman as prophesied in Genesis as the seed of the woman. That is why the bible says, "the Word became or was made flesh". It didn't say the "seed of Joseph, otherwise the prophesy of virgin birth in Isaiah will be rubbish. So to answer your question, Mary is the Mother of God (Jesus in this case) but Mary is NOT the mother of God, the Father because the Father didn't manifest but the son, the son came to show us the Father. I believe I answered you question.

[There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all. Ephesians 4:4-6

One Lord here is Christ. One God here is the Father as clearly seen. I am sick and tired of people calling God the Father as same as Jesus Christ even though Jesus is also God from other text. It is very clear they are different.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by Goshen360(m): 7:51pm On Jun 11, 2012
haibe:
Firstly i will say you haven't read ijawkid's post well and no one is saying the Fada, Son and Holy spirit is one person, we have said it several times in this thread that they are 3 persons distinct from each other but co-equal and co-eternal.
Secondly without Jesus there is no almighty God at hall, without the holy Spirit or the Father there is no God almighty. You can call either of the persons in the Godhead God almighty.. Get it

Okay, I get you now. Am very clear as to what you are saying. Very clear enough now but if you say they co-equal, how do you explain the below:

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. 1 Cor. 11:3 kjv

However, I want you to realize that Christ has authority over every man, a husband has authority over his wife, and God has authority over Christ. 1 Cor. 11:3 GWT

I want to reason with you as to your statement that you can call either of the 3 persons in the Godhead God Almighty. Can you kindly explain this statement in line with the verse above, 1 Cor. 11:3. However, I "think" I have the answer to what am asking you but I want to hear from you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? / Real Image Of King James Of KJV1611 / An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.