Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,658 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here (14312 Views)

6000 Boko Haram Encircled By Nigerian Forces At Madagali & Gulak / Mediocrity: Nigerians Deserve To Suffer & Be Oppressed / Chibok Girls Are Being Molested And Shot - Senator Zanna (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by ektbear: 4:49pm On Apr 10, 2012
Best thread ever
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by lagcity(m): 4:59pm On Apr 10, 2012
We have shiny new buildings but don't have human rights. Is this what development is all about? sad
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Funkymallam(m): 5:04pm On Apr 10, 2012
dabrake: Yes oh. Make I talk my own. I get 2 tori but this one dey come my mind anytime I hear the 6-lettered word p.o.l.i.c.e.

I hated going to church. Infact I had not gone to church since I gained admission and I insulted most MOG and my church-going friends/colleagues. It was on a friday, october 1st, 2010. Was in my 2nd semester of my 2nd year as an undergraduate. I decided to reach boys hostel(our boys hostel is off camp and I also base off camp) to get my already charged reading lamp and study. See yawah oh. Na about some minutes to 11pm and me jst put indomie 4 fire come dey go hostel wey be like 600m away. I dey waka my own, 3 other guys dey the other side of d road dey smoke(dat one no concern me). Like 2mins later, one pick up begin dey race down. . . 'Hold them, hold them, hold them'. As these 3 guys run, me kukuma join them dey follow them. By my calculation, dem go enta bush but e no occur 2 me sey na dia area be that. I enta bush and in no time, only Baba J sabi where these 3 guys disappear go hide but these police fools sabi say person enta bush(me). Na so dem come back, stand for my front. The next thing I go hear na "shoot the animal". My mum dey sss so I dey used to the intimidatiom. My belief be say bullet no dey the gun. Omo, as one of the MIB(men in black) co.c.k the gun, I sharp sharp grab say bullet dey am 'cos if dem co.c.k gun wey bullet (no) dey, I go sabi. Omo, I fear oh. As I c.om.e see moonlight reflect d gun, d gun dey point my face, see fear. I jst use speed push the gun up. As the gun dey move up, the thing sound .

The thing hot. I begin grow goose pimples, my leg dey shake, I co.m.e piss 4 trouser. Wetin vex me 4 that piss be say I been jst piss correct piss and the piss wey I piss for trouser na piss wey I for piss the next day. My voice begin dey tremble. . . "yes! That is the criminal. . . Where is the gun? . . . Where is the iegbo?". I started begging them. Chei! I neva beg like that before 4 my life. I don already see myself 4 hell. I been wan repent there but fear nor gree me. I tell them ma full name, my dept., matric number, my hod name, my dept'al presido name, all my lecturers name, . . . Dem search me, sit me down for middle of road, eagle-spread my leg like common criminal with piss trouser. Dem go back that bush dey find gun and iegbo(which gun again). Na so one of them talk say make dem kill me say dem nor fit go empty handed. Your father yansh! I hold d gun dey beg them say na hostel I dey go say na read I been dey read. "leave this gun now. I go damage your face oh". for my mind, I dey tell am say "re-structure my face instead. This bullet no go touch me". After them don search me finish. One of them co.me tell me say make I open my bag. Na 2 advanced engineering maths textbook(ka stroud & hk dass) with one notebook there. My guy co.me open d note like say him sabi anything there. As my guy see wicked maths wey I don solve, him co.me tell d remaining 3 guys "leave the lunatic". Dem co.me drive comot.

I was still on the ground with my legs spread with disbelief. I got up, sprinted home. Wasn't interested in reading that night. As I reached home, I touched the flowers, walls, doors just to be sure I was still alive. I couldn't believe it. Indomie sef don burn(who cares?). I just 'shut down' the stove, wash the pot, took my bath, washed the already dirty smelling trouser. It was already few mins to 12am. Went back to sleep.

2 days later, I found myself in a church . . .

grin grin grin
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by funmeme(f): 6:24pm On Apr 10, 2012
Plenty experience oo with d̶̲̥̅̊ĭ§ devils called police..

My first experience was in 2002, one faitful evening, my toaster came τ̅☺ pick ‎​♍Ƹ from church, he was τ̅☺ travel that night so we parked a street away from my street τ̅☺ jist and all dat, he had changed all the money on him τ̅☺ dollars and gave ‎​♍Ƹ 200dollars from it so i kept it in the bible and we kept jisting. We jst saw a danfo bus parked beside us and guys jumping down from it, we tought they were armed robbers cos the first 5dat came down weren't on uniform so my heart was gone untill we saw one of dem on uniformthey came τ̅☺ our car and started hitting it shouting come down! Open! Den d guy opend and we started begging, i was dragged down from d car wit slaps and taken into d 'danfo' den i started crying, explaining dat we were coming from church and my house is just down the road but dey wudnt listen, they took my bible from ‎​♍Ƹ and saw the dollars,went τ̅☺ meet d guy and requested for 500dollarsτ̅ and threaten τ̅☺ go lock him up if he doesn't give them the requested amouunt which he eventually had τ̅☺ cos he had no Nigerian currency on him cos he was τ̅☺ leave d country dat night, they drove ‎​♍Ƹ. Round and round surulere with d̶̲̥̅̊ĭ§ guy behind dem and i cried my eyes out...i will never 4get dat experience, may God 4giv dem.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by tunnytox(m): 7:48pm On Apr 10, 2012
I had a lot of encounter with these terrible men in black uniforms especially on Lagos and Ibadan expressway, I used to manage a pharmacy wholesale business for my uncle several years ago and my job involves travelling a lot between Ibadan and Lagos. But none of the terrible experiences I had with these monsters could be compared with one terrible encounter I had in April 2005 in Lagos, I arrived from Dublin just in time for the birth of my first daughter, few days to the naming ceremony I decided to get a travelling ticket back as I came over with a one way ticket because I originally taught I won't be going back.
I called my travelling agent and she told me to come over to her office somewhere in Lagos Island, I took an Okada and dropped just very close to her office and as I was trying to give her a call one dirty looking man approached me and introduced himself as a police officer, I demanded to see his ID card and he showed me a tatered looking ID card. He demanded to search my folder and since I had nothing incriminating I gave him a go ahead. After looking through he picked on my company's bank statement and accused me that the bank statement I had on me is fake, I told him that this is not true and even showed him my cheque book which included all the used stubs but he wouldn't listen. I became pissed off with him and asked him what he want he said I should follow him to the station I told him I am not ready to follow him anywhere and told him that since we are in front of my bank (Then Equity Bank) why can't he walked in with me to confirm the statement? when he saw that I stood my ground he threatened to slap me, I told him he wouldn't dare! before I could say anything he gave me a big slap I was so infuriated that I slapped him back with all my strenght but in no time his other colleagues joined him to beat me up, I just don't know why the strenght came from I was just throwing punches from no where to them.

In the end they took me to a very dirty station and threatened to teach me some lessons but fortunately for me my agent has been alerted of the incident, she has quickly get in touch with her sister who is a police officer, they both came to my aid and ensure they release me without paying a dime.

This experience and many other I had in the past make me to hate the Nigerian police than any other body or persons in fact if I see a policeman dying and needed a help I'll rather leave him to die than help him they are disgusting set of human beings. i'll treat an animal better than any member of the Nigerian police I loathe them beyond description.

2 Likes

Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by azpekuliar: 8:08pm On Apr 10, 2012
azeeza: sometime in june last year, i was coming from jos, i got to abuja very late. i was at the park waiting for taxi, while at park i was pressed and i decided to ease myself not noticing the police van parked by d road side. after setting myself free i was trying to pick up my bag i notice a board reading DNT URINATE HERE wit two police waiting to bundle me up to their van. there was no sign out when i was urinating it was a trap to money from passerby who fall for their antics. i was taken to police station, was interogated and they ask me to write down statement, i refused cos i dnt no wat my offence was.i was xplaining to a woman den one ugly and hungry looking policeman came from no where and landed a hot slap on my face saying U GO DEY PISS FOR HIGH WAY U DE BLO GRAMMA AND U NO WAN WRITE STATEMENT then i started crying it was a very serious senario walahi it was embarassing.i slept in d cell and was bail d next day..

Infact you're very fortunate. You might have been serially raped for days in their cell or hideout. Violation is not beyond them.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 10, 2012
hamsky:

You self which kind dirty read read person you be, U dey even read under detention chai.

my brother then my head no dey house na inside book e then.lol
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by wesley80(m): 12:00am On Apr 11, 2012
funmeme: Plenty experience oo with d̶̲̥̅̊ĭ§ devils called police..

My first experience was in 2002, one faitful evening, my toaster came τ̅☺ pick ‎​♍Ƹ from church, he was τ̅☺ travel that night so we parked a street away from my street τ̅☺ jist and all dat, he had changed all the money on him τ̅☺ dollars and gave ‎​♍Ƹ 200dollars from it so i kept it in the bible and we kept jisting. We jst saw a danfo bus parked beside us and guys jumping down from it, we tought they were armed robbers cos the first 5dat came down weren't on uniform so my heart was gone untill we saw one of dem on uniformthey came τ̅☺ our car and started hitting it shouting come down! Open! Den d guy opend and we started begging, i was dragged down from d car wit slaps and taken into d 'danfo' den i started crying, explaining dat we were coming from church and my house is just down the road but dey wudnt listen, they took my bible from ‎​♍Ƹ and saw the dollars,went τ̅☺ meet d guy and requested for 500dollarsτ̅ and threaten τ̅☺ go lock him up if he doesn't give them the requested amouunt which he eventually had τ̅☺ cos he had no Nigerian currency on him cos he was τ̅☺ leave d country dat night, they drove ‎​♍Ƹ. Round and round surulere with d̶̲̥̅̊ĭ§ guy behind dem and i cried my eyes out...i will never 4get dat experience, may God 4giv dem.

Jeez, this sounds so scary. Na wa o!

My unfortunate encounter happened a couple of yrs back during my youth service. I had to travel to my hometown to attend my sisters trad marriage and boarded a car from Warri, unfortunately there had been a clash between two neighboring communities so mobile policemen were posted to the border of the two communities which happened to be the highway. On approaching the checkpoint our driver advised us to coperate totally with the officers as there was a particular one among them that had made himself a nightmare to all road users so we all climbed down as soon as we wereordered to and opened our bags for inspection.
Just as my bag was being inspected by an officer and I was obediently tossing the contents from side to side, one loonatic officer just charged out from nowhere and gave me a vicious kick on my butt and followed it up with a thunderous slap on my back and before I even had a sec to recover, he cocked his gun and ordered me to "properly" show the contents of my bag asking me who I was "forming big boy for"! Dazed and with my hands shaking terribly, I literally threw the entire contents on the ground and even before the first contents landed, he pounced on his next victims the driver and a pretty girl that sat next to me ordering them to sit on the soggy ground. After pleas from our driver who was the only one left with a functional tongue he let us go and as soon as the car drove off, fear released my tear ducts and I had to fix my gaze outta the window to hide the tears in them. There was no form of revenge I didn't consider that day but I somehow let it go and neva told anyone about it till now. And like the poster above me said, I hope God forgives him cos I have. Policeeeee hmmm, fear dem o.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Afam4eva(m): 12:23am On Apr 11, 2012
lagcity: We have shiny new buildings but don't have human rights. Is this what development is all about? sad

What we're experiencing is growth byt no development. It's ironic because we're having more millonaires that ever before but things keep getting worse.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Jakumo(m): 6:19am On Apr 11, 2012
Many moons ago, I was on the Lagos expressway outbound in a taxi-cab, after having missed a flight from Lagos to Kano. The car was flagged down at a police check-point on the outskirts of town, and I became apprehensive right away, on account of the cash stored in a cloth bag hidden beneath layers of my girl's underwear in her back-pack, which we had placed under our legs on the floor between the back seat of the car and the front seats.

With a police marksman posted at the ready beside the road fifty yards ahead, the option of driving off to flee the cops was foreclosed from the start, and thus the cash search began, inspired by the policeman's observation that my companion was British, and therefore presumed rich and in possession of "contraband" cash that could be seized and pocketed by the law-exploitation officers. Predictably, the trunk (boot) of the vehicle was searched first.

The policeman's initially disappointed facial expression over the empty trunk was, however, quickly replaced by a leer of eager anticipation when the man craned his little pencil neck through the back passenger window to ogle my girl's cleavage. Peering down between her legs, he spied the backpack containing the cash, and demanded that it be opened up for a search. My assumption that no decent human being would go rummaging through a woman's underwear was quickly dispelled as the cop unceremoniously dumped the contents of the back-pack on the car seat, till he finally uncovered the bag containing the cash. As I opened the cash bag, I noted that the policeman's upper lip began to quiver in anticipation.

Given that the rampant practice of road-side "death-sentencing" of travelers by police teams, in order to relieve motorists of cash and valuables, had been explained to me in detail by a retired Nigerian policeman, I realized at once that prudent and timely profit-sharing negotiations would be preferable to the alternative of qualifying for a bullet in the head. After a few minutes of dialog, in which the cop reminded me that a one-way trip to the "station" might be recommended for the occupants of my taxi, I finally parted with ten thousand naira in cash.

After carefully counting out my cash donation, while adroitly concealing it from his colleagues posted further down the road, the now-amiable policeman admonished me for "wasting time", with a reminder that common practice with motorists who tried such delay tactics generally involved a bullet to the head, and the subsequent confiscation of ALL discovered cash after the cadaver disposal was done with. I thanked my benefactor for his words of wisdom, after which the cab driver was grudgingly permitted to continue the journey.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by thegoodlife: 9:09am On Apr 11, 2012
hmmm interesting
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Kahwayy(f): 10:31am On Apr 11, 2012
wow, these stories are sad but also really hilarious.............. Living in Naija sounds like an adventure, though not a good 1
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 11, 2012
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by timpaker(m): 6:12pm On Apr 11, 2012
this one happened to my friend in the Uni

One sunday morning, I and 3 of my friends woke up and decided not to go to church with un-ironed cloth, the excuse got us gisting, then suddenly we got a knock from the door. 6 police officers came and said that our attention was needed at the station for answers to few questions- we obliged.
when we got there there, they asked us to say our names which we did, to our greatest surprise, they asked us to go and held one of our friend he was the youngest of us all.
In there, they charged him for rape and robbery and told us to go home, we refused. Then they threatened to lock us up and frame us too for the same alleged crime, we got scared and went home, moments later we called his parents to inform them of the situation,they arrived a day after. The police told them that a year 2 girl reported to them that he (my friend) raped and robbed her on saturday eve, in a party (which non of us attended and still find strange till today) and they told the parent that the case has been moved to court, that they should go get their son a lawyer..

like play like play... my friend was spending almost a month in the cell awaiting trail...and despite our frequent visit and plea to the police and providing evidence of where we were on Saturday night, they played dumb and continued to torture my friend in the cell (with glaring scars on his body), in fact there was a day we visited and we couldn't recognize him again (that was also our last visit), he looks so suicidal! he kept on asking us if we know the girl or can remember any face from the description the police gave - we don't know.

2months later he was transferred to Enugu prison, still awaiting trial. One Saturday, while we were outside washing and discussing the way forward (i.e following up with NANS and SUG), a police/prison van parked by our gate, we saw him with only boxer's short sitting on the floor while the police were busy drinking OGOGORO at a kiosk. one of us summoned the courage and walked to him to ask how far, he told us they (the police) were here for investigation (drinking OGOGORO?). To me, I felt they came to disgrace him, and that they did well! His news traveled throughout the school.

6months later, we traveled to Lagos to get the situation report from his parents. The parents have spent almost all there cash in pursuing the case (we did some little donations to them too), few day later a date was scheduled for his hearing in court. We got there and was sitting, gazing at every corner in search of the GIRL that accused him (which he himself doesn't know), we're delayed in court because of 2 men who were dragging for a tree in a piece of land shocked shocked shocked and the case was adjourned to another 2month.

to cut the story short, my friend spent 9months in cell awaiting trial for a crime he (we) know nothing about missing a session in school... till a seminarian lawyer (that's what they called him) heard of his case and became interested in seeking justice for him, as luck would have it, another date was scheduled and a Judge presiding over the case discharged and acquinted him on the ground of no substantial evidence and absence of witness......IMAGINE THAT AFTER 9MONTHS IN JAIL!

the policeman that tortured him was sacked and arrested with the help of the ''seminarian lawyer''

my friend is free again, though he didn't graduate with us, he graduated a year after us... and for the girl, we still don't know her and my friend said he has forgiven the girl (in the prison), but i and others haven't.. such a cruel world!!! Naija POLICE WELDONE!
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by tunnytox(m): 6:45pm On Apr 11, 2012
timpaker: this one happened to my friend in the Uni

One sunday morning, I and 3 of my friends woke up and decided not to go to church with un-ironed cloth, the excuse got us gisting, then suddenly we got a knock from the door. 6 police officers came and said that our attention was needed at the station for answers to few questions- we obliged.
when we got there there, they asked us to say our names which we did, to our greatest surprise, they asked us to go and held one of our friend he was the youngest of us all.
In there, they charged him for rape and robbery and told us to go home, we refused. Then they threatened to lock us up and frame us too for the same alleged crime, we got scared and went home, moments later we called his parents to inform them of the situation,they arrived a day after. The police told them that a year 2 girl reported to them that he (my friend) raped and robbed her on saturday eve, in a party (which non of us attended and still find strange till today) and they told the parent that the case has been moved to court, that they should go get their son a lawyer..

like play like play... my friend was spending almost a month in the cell awaiting trail...and despite our frequent visit and plea to the police and providing evidence of where we were on Saturday night, they played dumb and continued to torture my friend in the cell (with glaring scars on his body), in fact there was a day we visited and we couldn't recognize him again (that was also our last visit), he looks so suicidal! he kept on asking us if we know the girl or can remember any face from the description the police gave - we don't know.

2months later he was transferred to Enugu prison, still awaiting trial. One Saturday, while we were outside washing and discussing the way forward (i.e following up with NANS and SUG), a police/prison van parked by our gate, we saw him with only boxer's short sitting on the floor while the police were busy drinking OGOGORO at a kiosk. one of us summoned the courage and walked to him to ask how far, he told us they (the police) were here for investigation (drinking OGOGORO?). To me, I felt they came to disgrace him, and that they did well! His news traveled throughout the school.

6months later, we traveled to Lagos to get the situation report from his parents. The parents have spent almost all there cash in pursuing the case (we did some little donations to them too), few day later a date was scheduled for his hearing in court. We got there and was sitting, gazing at every corner in search of the GIRL that accused him (which he himself doesn't know), we're delayed in court because of 2 men who were dragging for a tree in a piece of land shocked shocked shocked and the case was adjourned to another 2month.

to cut the story short, my friend spent 9months in cell awaiting trial for a crime he (we) know nothing about missing a session in school... till a seminarian lawyer (that's what they called him) heard of his case and became interested in seeking justice for him, as luck would have it, another date was scheduled and a Judge presiding over the case discharged and acquinted him on the ground of no substantial evidence and absence of witness......IMAGINE THAT AFTER 9MONTHS IN JAIL!

the policeman that tortured him was sacked and arrested with the help of the ''seminarian lawyer''

my friend is free again, though he didn't graduate with us, he graduated a year after us... and for the girl, we still don't know her and my friend said he has forgiven the girl (in the prison), but i and others haven't.. such a cruel world!!! Naija POLICE WELDONE!

What a terrible story! shocked shocked Nigerian Police would probably be the worst in this whole world, I won't imagine any other police worse than them but if there are worse police than Nigeria's the citizens of these countries must be living in hell on earth.
Nigerian Police are despicable set of people my hatred for them knew no bounds.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 11, 2012

OMG, Thats terrible! NIja police are just bunch of criminals. Legal Armed Robber
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by paleo(m): 11:57pm On Apr 11, 2012

I Was Laughing througout d entire post but seriously readin tru urs,i didnt know wen tears started rollin down my eyes and i started cryin...seriously,my experience wit those devil reincarnate is not compared 2 dis..i still so much feel 4 ur friend..d little experience i had wit them almost made me carry gun and join cults in school so as 2 seek reveng...how i feel d emotions goin tru ur heart and probably tears runnin down ur cheeks as u typed ur ordeal.sincerely accept my sympathy bro..i so much feel ur pains and d pains of ur friends...mine is comin shortly.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by harakiri(m): 7:38pm On Apr 12, 2012

I never wanted to comment until i saw this post. This is a true narration of what really goes on within our Nigeria Police Force and our dysfunctional judicial system that's nothing to write home about. I don't want to go into very gory tales I've suffered in the hands of the NPF but i'd say this. . .The "officers" of the NPF are nothing more than assassins for hire. They have no value for human life whatsoever. Go to SARS Ikeja and see the condition of the inmates there (most of whom are innocent). Every night over there, they waste human lives as if they are killing chickens (pumping them with AK-47 bullets). The real criminals who have the cash to bail themselves out are set free while innocent people who were either picked up randomly on the street or have been in the cell for a long time with no one to bail them are used as replacements for the bailed criminals. Nigeria is a country whereby all someone who has issues with you has to do is frame you with a bogus "petition" to the commissioner of police of the state, you'll be arrested (without warrant),detained ,charged to court (without evidence) and the court magistrate/judge will impose a ridiculous bail condition (that you can't possibly meet up with and the magistrate/judge has already been bribed) and from there, you can spend anything from months to many years languishing and wasting away in prison for crimes you know nothing about (I have been a victim of this although before my detractors succeeded in messing up my life, i had connections to bail me out). Go to kirikiri prisons and i can assure you that at least 85% of the people there have absolutely NO BUSINESS being there in the first place.

Nigeria is a very unsafe place to be in. The very people that are supposed to protect and serve are the ones that either oppress or are used as tools of oppression of the citizenry.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by lwise(m): 8:03am On Apr 13, 2012
A colleague of mine forgot his laptop at home,he asked his brother to help him bring it but was arrested on his way.My guy went to the police station to show the receipt for the laptop,they release the laptop,they refuse to allow the boy to go bc he couldn't present the receipt of the blackberry he's using.Very funny but that's exactly what happened.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by kodylicky(f): 11:32am On Apr 13, 2012
lwise: A colleague of mine forgot his laptop at home,he asked his brother to help him bring it but was arrested on his way.My guy went to the police station to show the receipt for the laptop,they release the laptop,they refuse to allow the boy to go bc he couldn't present the receipt of the blackberry he's using.Very funny but that's exactly what happened.

lmao
d guy dat arrested him should lead by example and provide the receipt of his gun + phone
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 14, 2012
I had my 1st encounter with our police some years ago while working with a lotto company in ikeja.

That day I left the office in my suite and tie hoping its gonna be a great day to check on sales and responses to the lottery cards supplied to some hotels and restaurants within ogba environs.

Immediately I stepped out of an hotel after my meeting with the bar manager i was accosted by 3 men in mufti who claimed they were investigating some armed robbers that lodged overnight at the hotel.

Then I asked the armed robbers (I mean 'officers') "what has that got to do with me?" One of them responded that I have to followed them to the station but I declined and offered to introduce myself by showing them my ID card, call card and the need to call my office they insisted by ushering me into their vehicle.
Inspite of all my entreaties that they should asked the hotel manager about me it fell On deaf ears and so I entered the vehicle.

I met 2 other men in the vehicle arrested who kept pleading and thereby negotiation ensued and they were later released after settlement while they drove us all over ogba area.

THEY ESCORTED THE OTHER GUYS TO THEIR OFFICES/SHOPS/HOUSES TO COLLECT NEGOTIATED AMOUNTS BEFORE THEY WERE RELEASED.

They then turned to me and asked "wetin we go do with your case?" And I asked what case? So i reminded them the purpose of my meeting at the hotel, they got annoyed and decided to search me.

Knowing the nigerian policemen for whom they are I decided to remove the remaining transport fare from my wallet 1st and I held that in tightly in my palm cos ogba is far from where I lived. So they search and found nothing incriminating on me, not satisfied they threaten to locked me up if refused to play ball while they kept driving all over ogba. Realising they intend wasting my time I asked them to take me to a lady friend who runs a big restaurant within ogba so that I can settle with them but unfortunately on getting there she was not around.

The driving continued and they asked again "wetin we go do" cos I was furious i asked them to take me to their station since they did not allow me to call my office ( NO GSM then) and it the dawned on them that I might be a "bad market"

Eventually they decided to release me and I was so annoyed that I told them to their faces that they are ARMED ROBBERS.
One of them told his other colleagues to rearrest me again for insulting the nigerian police while another insisted they should let me go.

And so they left and I got home late but was not molested by the "armed robbers" probably because I worked with a corporate organisation.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 15, 2012
^^^u worked I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ A̶̲̥̅ corporate organisation? What has ∂α† got to do wit u nt bn slapped? Do corporate organisation workers hav immunity to slaps from d NPF? Pls educate us.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 15, 2012
I was so pissed that I insisted on been taken to the police station and coupled with the fact that I had the gut to called them armed robbers to their faces they must have thought am trying to get them into some sort of trouble.

You ought to know that inspite of our policemen gragra attitude they are cowards and will always avoid serious wahala that may result in loss of job.

Egunje sweet no be small for naija police so them no go wan lose am.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Revolva(m): 11:09am On Apr 16, 2012
mee also can you imagine yesterday we were at a local bar /hotel..where we sat down chilling to watch the chelsea match... and were downing our cold beer and wailing away our sorrows of the dead nation.... and police came in with a pack of team and 2 buses and raided every body we were like 22 in number and took us to the station and i spend the night there i and my brother......we all were joined by another group of boiz caught from another hotel makin like 30... and they jampack us in a room after fighting and shouting for our right..not to throw us in the filthy cell..we spend the night in a room made for police office... and can you imagine in a police station the generator went off. and no fuel was there to light us till morning....SHAME NIGERIA..no light we were about 30 all toghether sceaming till morning in a room..with no light only wooden benches..which we slept on some manage to sit till morning...before we called our folks at home to bail us for just N1K...KAI..NIGERIAN POLICE IS AN INSTITUTION OF INJUSTICE..SHAME TO THEM
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Abali1(m): 1:44pm On Apr 16, 2012
There are so many encounters I have had with the NPF. But I will never forget the day about Four police guys made me to know they were specially trained in slapping people.
On the said day, I was stopped at a check point within the Aba city. The guy that stopped me asked for my papers and I gave him, after checking it and found everything to be in order. He started looking all over the car, later he called me out to show me a crack in my rear trafficator light covering. I was like, eeh what do U want me to do about it. That was all the motivation he needed. The next thing was, let's go to the station. On the way to the station, I made the unforgivable mistake of telling him that am not going again, but unfortunately we were already near the station. He literally dragged me to the station with two other police guys,who were outside the station, pointing there guns at me.
When we got to the station, one police guy from no where just sliced me to the ground. Then the slapping section started. They all took turns to slap the hell out me. When they got tired they handcuffed me with another guy there, and started preparing the file for statement. It was only then that I sent a text message to my lawyer and a cousin. Before finishing the statement, my cousin and the lawyer arrived to bail me out, while I left my car at the station. I was told to come another day and bail my car.

I still dream of running over the guy who arrested.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by babe4chi(f): 5:00pm On Apr 16, 2012
Well.... For M̶̲̅ε̲̣, 've nt had any experience wit police bfor A̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊D̶̲̥̅ i pray i dnt cos readin all dis experiences mks M̶̲̅ε̲̣ frightened.... angryWell.... For M̶̲̅ε̲̣, 've nt had any experience wit police bfor A̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊D̶̲̥̅ i pray i dnt cos readin all dis experiences mks M̶̲̅ε̲̣ frightened....
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by loco4love: 5:29pm On Apr 17, 2012
NPF is a very evil and corrupt organization. I always rejoice when they are killed by their enemies because we all know that they deserve to be killed.

NPF HAS DESTROYED THE PEACE AND JUSTICE SYSTEM IN NIGERIA.

When I was betrayed to NPF IN 1997 they molested me in my home and in jail. During the struggle I engaged in fisticuffs with some of the NPF. They locked me up in Ojota Police station for 48 hOURS until I was released. My betrayers and the NPF told the prisoners to beat me in the jail. I thank Jehovah and Jesus that I am alive today.

We gotta wage war against the NPF oppressor. Lets start a revolution that will kill as many of these wicked NPF as possible. May Jehovah God help us.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by LFJ: 9:52pm On Apr 17, 2012
With our collective voice, we can fight these animals that are making life miserable for us. Instead of tribal bashing here, why not divert our energy to fight these criminals in uniform. With our joint effort and collective voice, we can shame these people by exposing them on a daily basis, write articles and make noise about their recklessness and the atrocities they are committing against innocent people. They are human being like us who are capitalizing on our weaknesses. We can shame them if we are determined. They are not above the law.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by pistol: 11:55pm On Apr 17, 2012
Some of the comments here made me cry especially the guy that spent 9 months in jail for what he knew nothing about.

My encounter wit the NPF happened around july last year.
I was then a student of futo and i wanted to go to fedpolynekede,a considerable distance from futo to make some deposist at the bank in the school.
I entered a bike and we were two there with the bikeman making us three.
The secound guy alighted along the way in front of a police station.
Immediately the guy aligted,policemen (ATS),anti terrosim squad came flooding out of the police station which is vry close to the road and bundled us to the police station for having the effrontry to stop in front of their station.
They gave us caterpillar tyre each to carry up for 10minutes amidst slaps and kicks.
Thank God i survived.

I piss on the nigerian police.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by richardbry: 10:32pm On Apr 18, 2012
Have you been wronged, or you have seen an wrong or you have been unwillingly involved in a wrong. All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Now you can do something! Send a mail to nigerianleaks@verdantchronicles.com

"Are you a banker and have witnessed a fraud in your bank that is being covered up? Anonymously let the world know. send an anonymous mail to nigerianleaks@verdantchronicles.com"

"You were raped, you can't bear the shame...anonymously let the world know of the criminal and his crime... send a mail to nigerianleaks@verdantchronicles.com"

"The minister just inflated the price of the contract, you work in the ministry and are uncomfortable about it..... send an anonymous mail to nigerianleaks@verdantchronicles.com"

""Your pastor just did the unbelievable.....if you talk you would be ostracised...anonymously send that mail to nigerianleaks@verdantchronicles.com"
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by oderemo(m): 1:12pm On Apr 23, 2012
this happd round 2005, coming frm area 10, passed that nnpc station and was just about to pass the traffic light .this jobless police man jumped in front of my car and said i jumped the light. now i ask for proof cos he was at back of the traffic light not in front.
anyway i refused to give COLA cos it was early morning, he dragged me to the station.his oga came out and i asked again for evidence to proof i jumped the red light. my key was taken, car searched.was booked for not having triangle rubbish. i requested to be prosecuted and charge to court, was taken to maraba customary court , same day.
they have to pay to take me to court by taxi and bring me back.
got to court was fined around 2000 naira which i paid into the bank, came back gave them the teller and on my way i went.
the police were furious cos i refused to give bribe and i caused them to work by taken me to court via taxi.
but on occasion where i had moni in the booth , i simply pay COLA, even before they demand it.
nija police na armed robbers. trust me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bakassi Boys To Return To Fight Fulani Herdsmen- Ohanaeze / Governor Sullivan Chime Could Be Dead! / Jubril: Kanu Is A Drug Addict Who Shouldn’t Be Taken Seriously – Arewa Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 199
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.