Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,646 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here (14311 Views)

6000 Boko Haram Encircled By Nigerian Forces At Madagali & Gulak / Mediocrity: Nigerians Deserve To Suffer & Be Oppressed / Chibok Girls Are Being Molested And Shot - Senator Zanna (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 30, 2012
Am 18 yr old and have not yet experienced police brutality, bt with ur comments on this thread so far i think d police are worst than the devil, police experience is far worxe than armed robbery. I pray i dnt eva encounter those nitwits that call themselvx policemen aka men in black.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Nobody: 10:44am On May 01, 2012
I have never been molested by those useless poeple but I have witnessed one,one night we went to bail someone at evbotubu station in benin,were I saw a young man beign beaten by six policemen,I asked and was told that the friends that visited him dat day allegedly stole a he goat worth 15,000 from th neigbour and so he was arrested to be kept in the cell till the next day.funny enough the dumb owner of the goat was saying I know dat I know u weren't the one who stole my goat but since I suspect your friends u must sleep in the cell for three nights while investigation is going on.the young man was crying and begging dat he didn't steal any goat and dat he is ready to take the police men to his friends house to check.they refused and beat the boy and threw him into the cell.I was moved to tears dat day,I had to appeal to the guy to save his strenght and calmly save his strenght and ask God for venagance since he couldn't do anytime about what was happening.he was released three night after when the wicked owner of the goat discovered the goat was not really missing.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Nobody: 10:48am On May 01, 2012
Imagine an adult spending three nights and undergoing beating becos somebodys goat worth 15000 was alleaged to be missing
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 01, 2012
I never bothered to read this thread until today. I cried, I laughed, I moaned and I hissed! As I read
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by IRAPADA(m): 6:56pm On May 04, 2012
God save us frm d hands nigeria police.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Mekky2010: 11:26pm On May 05, 2012
IDENTIFY YOURSELF

I arrived Nigeria after being away for 4yrs studying in Europe, the next day I decided to visit a friend using a cab, 5mnts after, the cops stopped us, I was sitting comfortably at the back, not badly dressed and wearing black sunglasses, with the hope they were coming for the driver..to my surprise, they completely ignored the driver, asked me to come down and in the MOST RUDE WAY screamed "identify yourself", I tried giving them oyibo lecture on how he should have firstly identified himself politely and all those blablabla you can find in Europe,..shocking enough no police has ever stopped me in where I spent the last 4yrs, but just a day after I arrived, I received a wonderful welcome............ To cut the long story short, we spent nothing less than 30mnts, they wanted to know what I had in my wallet, pants, bag etc, they even wanted me to explain what I was doing with a CONDOM in my wallet, I swore not to give them 1 kobo, we screamed, we dialoged,, by that time spectators had already gathered,...Finally when they let me go, one of them SHAMELESSLY SAID "OGA, MAKE YOU HELP US FUEL OUR CAR NAW", ....

Seated in the taxi,the driver said that the only question they asked him was weda I be yahoo boy or abi my dad na rich man, according them, I dressed so flashy and expensive like yahoo or rich kid...

PS: Now my best friend is ASP so i reserve my comment sad but I believe that only the type of radical reform like the one done in Georgia will clean up the system.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by IRAPADA(m): 10:43pm On May 06, 2012
Mekky2010: IDENTIFY YOURSELF

I arrived Nigeria after being away for 4yrs studying in Europe, the next day I decided to visit a friend using a cab, 5mnts after, the cops stopped us, I was sitting comfortably at the back, not badly dressed and wearing black sunglasses, with the hope they were coming for the driver..to my surprise, they completely ignored the driver, asked me to come down and in the MOST RUDE WAY screamed "identify yourself", I tried giving them oyibo lecture on how he should have firstly identified himself politely and all those blablabla you can find in Europe,..shocking enough no police has ever stopped me in where I spent the last 4yrs, but just a day after I arrived, I received a wonderful welcome............ To cut the long story short, we spent nothing less than 30mnts, they wanted to know what I had in my wallet, pants, bag etc, they even wanted me to explain what I was doing with a CONDOM in my wallet, I swore not to give them 1 kobo, we screamed, we dialoged,, by that time spectators had already gathered,...Finally when they let me go, one of them SHAMELESSLY SAID "OGA, MAKE YOU HELP US FUEL OUR CAR NAW", ....

Seated in the taxi,the driver said that the only question they asked him was weda I be yahoo boy or abi my dad na rich man, according them, I dressed so flashy and expensive like yahoo or rich kid...

PS: Now my best friend is ASP so i reserve my comment sad but I believe that only the type of radical reform like the one done in Georgia will clean up the system.
you shd ve told them d comdom is for yahoo yahoo.Nonsense police
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by juman(m): 1:17pm On May 07, 2012
Nice thread
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 07, 2012
Misplaced my ATM card and had to enter useless Oceanic bank to withdraw for the first time in months. Came out and decided to make a call. Immediately, I was called to the mobile police outpost and asked to drop my phone, I did. Almost immediately another guy was caught and released as soon as they saw his naval ID.

Long story short, I told them I had to report to ASP XXXX, they made sure I knew the guy by asking me his full name and was released immediately. grin I apologized and left. Gtb has totally changed me since I can make a call inside the bank and total ease of banking, I await the total collapse of oceanic, even this acquisition wont save it. The bank is run like the average nigerian parastatal with shabby staff in over-sized long sleeve and looking unkept.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by mikolo80: 4:44pm On May 07, 2012
olaezebala: Mine was when I was still in the uni. I went to the bank to collect some money from the SUG account(being an official of the SUG). Immediately I came out of the bank, two ugly policemen walked up to me and asked me to come with them to their van. in getting there,they checked me, saw the money on me and bundled me down to their station. Unfortunately for them, some students saw what happened and reported the case at the SUB. By the time my Comrades came with lot of students already gingered with the ALUTA song, the D.P.O came to the cell where I was, called me out and begged me to go and talk to my people to calm down. When I was released and got outside their station, I fell for the superior power of the ALUTA spirit. I demanded that the two policemen that brought me to the station must beg me in front of the students which they did and I helped them with my own gift of slaps(just the way they gave it to me).
MASS ACTION WHETHER PHYSICAL OR LEGAL OR EVEN SPIRITUAL NA IN WE NEED
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by anonimi: 12:46pm On May 10, 2012
Mkpakala: Have You Ever Been Oppressed/molested By Police? Feel Free To Share It Here

Hello nairalanders,

my intention of creating this thread is to make a lighter mood of any form of embarrassment by policemen.if you have ever been molested or oppressed by a policeman just feel free to come and share it here.

It would be more useful if your objective also included encouraging people to seek legal redress against those whose uniforms and salaries are paid for from our taxes and the income received on our collective behalf from oil companies.
We are in a democracy now and we should endeavour to expand its law & order frontiers the same way Atiku did against OBJ when he tried to impeach him as VP vecause he opposed his third term bid.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 11, 2012
But we cannot all just be grumblinglike this. The question is, what can we do to stop this oppression from our uniformed people, especially the NPF?
cant we just form an organisation against police brutality in nigeria?
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Korrection(m): 10:09am On May 22, 2012
dabrake: Yes oh. Make I talk my own. I get 2 tori but this one dey come my mind anytime I hear the 6-lettered word p.o.l.i.c.e.

I hated going to church. Infact I had not gone to church since I gained admission and I insulted most MOG and my church-going friends/colleagues. It was on a friday, october 1st, 2010. Was in my 2nd semester of my 2nd year as an undergraduate. I decided to reach boys hostel(our boys hostel is off camp and I also base off camp) to get my already charged reading lamp and study. See yawah oh. Na about some minutes to 11pm and me jst put indomie 4 fire come dey go hostel wey be like 600m away. I dey waka my own, 3 other guys dey the other side of d road dey smoke(dat one no concern me). Like 2mins later, one pick up begin dey race down. . . 'Hold them, hold them, hold them'. As these 3 guys run, me kukuma join them dey follow them. By my calculation, dem go enta bush but e no occur 2 me sey na dia area be that. I enta bush and in no time, only Baba J sabi where these 3 guys disappear go hide but these police fools sabi say person enta bush(me). Na so dem come back, stand for my front. The next thing I go hear na "shoot the animal". My mum dey sss so I dey used to the intimidatiom. My belief be say bullet no dey the gun. Omo, as one of the MIB(men in black) co.c.k the gun, I sharp sharp grab say bullet dey am 'cos if dem co.c.k gun wey bullet (no) dey, I go sabi. Omo, I fear oh. As I c.om.e see moonlight reflect d gun, d gun dey point my face, see fear. I jst use speed push the gun up. As the gun dey move up, the thing sound .

The thing hot. I begin grow goose pimples, my leg dey shake, I co.m.e piss 4 trouser. Wetin vex me 4 that piss be say I been jst piss correct piss and the piss wey I piss for trouser na piss wey I for piss the next day. My voice begin dey tremble. . . "yes! That is the criminal. . . Where is the gun? . . . Where is the iegbo?". I started begging them. Chei! I neva beg like that before 4 my life. I don already see myself 4 hell. I been wan repent there but fear nor gree me. I tell them ma full name, my dept., matric number, my hod name, my dept'al presido name, all my lecturers name, . . . Dem search me, sit me down for middle of road, eagle-spread my leg like common criminal with piss trouser. Dem go back that bush dey find gun and iegbo(which gun again). Na so one of them talk say make dem kill me say dem nor fit go empty handed. Your father yansh! I hold d gun dey beg them say na hostel I dey go say na read I been dey read. "leave this gun now. I go damage your face oh". for my mind, I dey tell am say "re-structure my face instead. This bullet no go touch me". After them don search me finish. One of them co.me tell me say make I open my bag. Na 2 advanced engineering maths textbook(ka stroud & hk dass) with one notebook there. My guy co.me open d note like say him sabi anything there. As my guy see wicked maths wey I don solve, him co.me tell d remaining 3 guys "leave the lunatic". Dem co.me drive comot.

I was still on the ground with my legs spread with disbelief. I got up, sprinted home. Wasn't interested in reading that night. As I reached home, I touched the flowers, walls, doors just to be sure I was still alive. I couldn't believe it. Indomie sef don burn(who cares?). I just 'shut down' the stove, wash the pot, took my bath, washed the already dirty smelling trouser. It was already few mins to 12am. Went back to sleep.

2 days later, I found myself in a church . . .

Hell yes..you made my day....o boy i hope u don finish school by now oh.....i go relate my own ordeal..na Amala put me for trouble for Benin
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Korrection(m): 11:57am On May 22, 2012
THE NIGERIA POLICE!!! I HAIL UNA OH...My experience was a bit funny...I experienced the Nigeria Police palaver during my fnal year in University of Benin...I actually grew up without a dad and my mum was in the Village then..My elder brother lost his job and couldnt cope with my school fees when i was still in diploma so i had to take the bull by the horn..digging foundations,soak aways and moulding blocks and doing all sorts of Lebuke work just to continue my education and become somebody.One day on our job (lebuke) hunting spree we met one of the telecommunication companies and we decided to join..One day as God may have it i was singing our indigenous song when someone got past me in the premises...He stopped and asked who sang that song and i told him..he asked again where are you from, i told him and quickly he introduced himself and lo and behond he is the chief supervisor of the project and my uncle too but dont get to the village so he called me on and asked for my qualifications and i told him i had distinction in computer sci but now in full time waiting to comeplete ..So he gave me an office and make me the chief inventory officer for a year...Gosh i made money and eventually got a good car...Now the story Proper..

One Sunday afternoon i took my time to wash the car myself and then yahoo boys was really thriving so every good car thats flashy was a target i didnt know..I called on a friend of mine to accompany me to an Amala join at Mission road..we all dressed up with 2 chics...we believed its gonna be a sweet outing...We zoomed off ...On getting to IYAERO to just turn right to mission road then one rickety blue bus just drove so fast and stopped in my front..i held my brakes behold 5 dirty looking guys just jumped out the bus and flashed their invicible ID'S To God who made me that was the first time to ever encounter the police at the age of 30..My heart sank into my a.zz..they dragged everyone out and started searching all over the car...after an exhaustive search they brought a list of all flashy car owners in Uniben and behold my name was the 12th..I was suprised...they asked me what i do, i told them..flashed my school ID card and the companys ID too...they now said we know you are a yahoo boy ..lets go to the station so you could explain further..I was so afraid cos it was my first time...I followed them to the worst Police station in south south..NEW BENIN POLICE STATION....When we got there it was a different ball game and they asked me to pay 200,000 or theyll lock me up and place allegation on me..I was scared...But something happened which made me know these guys are illegal...In the office where they kept me while other negotiations were going on ..I was backing the door when i heard a voice that asked Whats going on here.It was the D P O..as soon as i turned and face the man to explain,one of the guys just gave me a pinch, meaning i shouldnt tell the man whats going on...so i quickly told the D P O that they saw me with a car and they wanted to verify if im the owner...so the guy left and there was this sigh of relief from them...Immediately the released me and said i should just give them anything in my pocket...i gave them 1000 out of fear....As i was about approching my car i noticed my friend and the girls he brought has already fled...I laughed..I now asked one of the police guys who gave them my car number and name..He said any yahoo boy that was arrested tells them about the next young car owner in school....that was it..I parked the car for long so as not to attract Jealousy..Police na wao...

The second experience.....
I was going for my Uncles burial when i met some policemen in Patani..I have passed all other check points without qualms and after a thorough checking..On getting Patani in Delta i met some police men on a check point..they checked as usual but one of the guys noticed that my particulars expired last friday and i was travelling on sunday.The guy alighted me and told me to come down...I asked what he wants me to do ..He said i should pay 30,000.I told him i was going for a burial and i dont have that kind of money since im the one responsible for the expenses in the burial so i was careful...i told him there are no banks around after beating it down to 3k..He said i should leave my car at Patani and go back to Ughelli and pick up the 3k and come back...I said no i have 1k in my pocket before i knew it he entered the front sit and asked me to drive down to the station..I NEARLY CRY...he directed me to a station but before getting there he asked me which school i attended..i told him UNIBEN cos he saw the Alumni logo and sticker...He said do you know Ekiyor..former S U G president..i said yes he now pointed his house for me...I quickly pick up my phone and called Ekiyor cos the police station was quite close...When the police guys asked me who i was calling i said Ekiyor and he SHOUTED...BAD MARKET....oya dey go dey go..forget the money..I said no and insisted i want to see Ekiyor...before i could park the guy took to his heels till date...

Third Experience..I was driving to Lagos from warri so on getting to Uselu market in Benin a Policeman asked me to park that i jumped the traffic which i didnt...he quickly jumped into the car and ask me to drive to ugbowo police station at BDPA there...i said..this time im becoming stronger than them....before getting there i asked him how much is my offence and he said 5k..I said no problem ...I told i dont have money on me and i would like to pick up money at the nearest ATM he agreed...i told him i will be dong that after Uniben's maingate..the guy didnt know i graduated from UNIBEN..so i drove straight to S AND T Barrack..On getting to the gate the guy started begging saying i should forgive him that he has kids like me at home..I told him no that the money is in S and T barrack and i would like him to just see some of my dreadful soldier friends..the man piss for body before we reach the gate...i dropped him at the middle of the road and zoom off to Lagos....They are cowards but dont let them notice you are scared..One day their cup go still full...What a funny experience

2 Likes

Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by juman(m): 7:32pm On May 22, 2012
The country is just good country. Hiss.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by ScorchedViper(m): 3:21pm On May 23, 2012
Omo.....these stories dey too funny......I'm not downplaying the consequences but damn.....just too funny.....
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by shevon: 6:43pm On May 31, 2012
Mine happened today. Immediately I came out of my optician's office at Nuru Oniwo Street in Aguda, Surulere I noticed a commercial (yellow and black striped) bus slowly moved out of where it was parked and was driving behind me. My mind just go say na kidnappers; so, I tactically stopped at a junction where people where and pretended I was waiting for a bike. just as I stood by the road side the bus cleared in front of me, the door opened and one of them said they were policemen and demanded to know what was in the small nylon bag with me; I told them it was the drugs I got from the hospital (forgetting I put both my cell phones in the bag cos it was drizzly went I got out) but they insisted I hand it over, which I did. When they inspected and saw the phones, they took it out and handed the drugs back to me. Then they started searching through my phone while I watched on. A little after 3mins, they handed over my phones and drove away without any form of apology. Which makes me want to ask: Am I paying my tax for their salaries to be paid so as to assist them to harass me? Why are they not always pro-active when they get info on identified criminals?
Na wah for this country and the type of police men we have.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by stainless40: 4:51pm On Jun 01, 2012
my story is pitiable. Was inside my room one afternoon after taken my bath and was about to dress up when someone pushed open my door i rushed & closed d door & asked who was that but d person didn't talk rather forced d door open by that time i saw one yellow man who entered d room & hold my one hand so i was struggling asking him whom he was but all i can hear from him is'was she the one?' & continue to drag me out without cloth to cover my body. I only managed to wear my pant and bra. He dragged me out without listen to me or introducing himself. It was when he took me outside that i was upsetted and slap him. It was then he said that i slapped a police man and was under arrest for that. He took me to the station naked. TO BE CONTINUE
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by dubem3(m): 5:43am On Jun 04, 2012
stainless40: my story is pitiable. Was inside my room one afternoon after taken my bath and was about to dress up when someone pushed open my door i rushed & closed d door & asked who was that but d person didn't talk rather forced d door open by that time i saw one yellow man who entered d room & hold my one hand so i was struggling asking him whom he was but all i can hear from him is'was she the one?' & continue to drag me out without cloth to cover my body. I only managed to wear my pant and bra. He dragged me out without listen to me or introducing himself. It was when he took me outside that i was upsetted and slap him. It was then he said that i slapped a police man and was under arrest for that. He took me to the station naked. TO BE CONTINUE
you can't be serious jooor!
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Nobody: 2:46am On Jun 07, 2012
I HATE POLICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Ybutterfly: 9:15pm On Jun 17, 2012
^^^^^^^^^ undecided
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by dabrake(m): 12:41pm On Jun 21, 2012
Korrection:

Hell yes..you made my day....o boy i hope u don finish school by now oh.....i go relate my own ordeal..na Amala put me for trouble for Benin
not yet. just a year to go
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by agog: 7:25pm On Jun 26, 2012
na wa o.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by NybenB(m): 12:00am On Jul 01, 2012
Naija Police System needs sanitation. Majority are illitrates and half baked graduates. Itz a shame that they are not even friendly and we don't trust them
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by x2ylove60(m): 9:51am On Jul 04, 2012
our police are useless to the society. our govt should remove that name force (np) cos that force is making them stupid
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by efeezy2020(m): 1:56am On Jul 05, 2012
i have actually not been molested but i try my best not to have anything to do with the police,even becoming their friend is not in my dictionaryi simply despise them

www.naijabetland.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir / Press Release By Uche Sampson Ogar Support Group / Aishatu Dahiru Ahmed: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit Seeking To Unseat Senator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.