Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,469 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. - Religion (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. (43865 Views)

Where Will You Worship God Today? / One Big Reason You Must Praise God Today. Picture. / PHOTOS: I Abandoned My Five Children To Become A Lesbian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 14, 2012
Avicenna:

You must understand, I need to keep up the act for now. It is risky not doing so.

What makes it risky?

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by dorox(m): 5:07pm On Aug 14, 2012
E_monkey:
What makes it risky?
The answer to your question should be quite obvious to a muslim like you.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Purist(m): 5:15pm On Aug 14, 2012
Avicenna:

Yes, I have been fasting when I'm home. Praying(salat) regularly with them. This does not mean anything.
You must understand, I need to keep up the act for now. It is risky not doing so.
Days when I'm in my place, no fasting at all. I never fast when I'm alone. I see no reason to starve myself.
One more thing,if I decide not to fast when I'm home, no one complains but the youngest of my brothers fast. People use this against you as some form of insults. I don't intend to get into an argument with such fellows , so I fast with little snacks when no one is lookinggrin

Wow. Just take care of yourself man.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 14, 2012
dorox:
The answer to your question should be quite obvious to a muslim like you.
Shut up. I have my reasons for asking him.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Sweetnecta: 10:57pm On Aug 14, 2012
Avicenna:
by Avicenna: 4:05pm

Purist: @Avicenna:

Sorry to bother you, but I'm curious: have you been fasting this Ramadan period? If yes, how have you managed to keep up so far? If no, how have you managed to avoid detection from your Muslim brothers?

Yes, I have been fasting when I'm home. Praying(salat) regularly with them. This does not mean anything.
Days when I'm in my place, no fasting at all. I never fast when I'm alone. I see no reason to starve myself.
One more thing,if I decide not to fast when I'm home, no one complains but the youngest of my brothers fast. People use this against you as some form of insults. I don't intend to get into an argument with such fellows , so I fast with little snacks when no one is lookinggrin
Avicenna. Avicenna. Avicenna. How many times have I called you? Man should be man. You are falling my hand man. You dropped the ball, even with stick'em in your gloves. Deceiving your parents is below the belt. You should man up and say "I am not a muslim, but you people are and its your ramadhan not mine!" Then they will respect you that you are honest and accept you if they wish or reject you and tell you to stay away because they do not want you and your deceit.

I used to like you until I see that you are a chronically incorrigible. Who will trust a child who deceives his parents? Even atheists should have morals. Oh. Well. They don't because there is no reason, yardstick or compass to guide them to it. Its all about id/the lowest part of animal instincts: wake up eat and sleep.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 14, 2012
@sweetnecta,
He said he is hiding it because opening up is 'risky'. undecided
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Sweetnecta: 11:27am On Aug 15, 2012
whats risky in it? are his parents violent people and so he has to deceive the them? how about this muslim girl that he is also deceiving? that dude is a deceiver and if he is a yoruba he should tell us a yoruba family that killed one of their own because he/she left the family religion? even the pagans who do human sacrifices will not kill a family member!

that man avicenna is dishonest and God help his future patients for his trickery.

there were youth in my family who abandoned religion when i was growing. i sill have people who openly go to church in my family. no one ever is holding the non muslim to not satisfy his/her religious experience. i have a beloved niece who woke up one day and see she is now a christian. her retired military father has not gunned her down yet. when they told me, my heart bled. all i did was talk to her and she said this is what she wants, and i cant force her. her heart is hers, alone and i respect her position.

hiding your truth from others is the height of spinelessness. what truth can come from a person who is hiding his own reality?
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Sweetnecta: 11:36am On Aug 15, 2012
@avicenna: since you say you can recite Quran, read Surah Hijr [chapter 15], verses 39 to 42 if you can read much more than that and see the work of the unseen devil.

Alhamdulillah you are till on earth, young and all of that.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 16, 2012
Sweetnecta: @avicenna: since you say you can recite Quran, read Surah Hijr [chapter 15], verses 39 to 42 if you can read much more than that and see the work of the unseen devil.

Alhamdulillah you are till on earth, young and all of that.
What's your stress?! He has abandoned fairy tale for reality. Can't you cope with that?
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by tpia5: 12:18am On Oct 17, 2012
seems like a muslim thread, imo.

not sure of the op's intention in posting it here.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 6:33am On Jan 13, 2013
Bump
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 13, 2013
musKeeto: Bump

muskeeto at it again. He never has anything meaningful to say on these threads besides making odd noises here and there. grin

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 7:02am On Jan 13, 2013
davidylan:

muskeeto at it again. He never has anything meaningful to say on these threads besides making odd noises here and there. grin

Still hurting from the ass whooping on the souls thread? Chei ya.. Take some robb for your butthurt, you'll be fine...
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 13, 2013
musKeeto:

Still hurting from the ass whooping on the souls thread? Chei ya.. Take some robb for your butthurt, you'll be fine...

Its an anonymous web bro... take heart. Some of us dont take the posts as seriously as to warrant crying bitterly over what faceless folks have to say. apparently you care. Pele grin
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by omoghana22: 8:51pm On Jan 24, 2013
nice of you...now that yu are enlighten.......keep going and be proud of what you are today. you are indeed free from ignorance of religion.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by styca(m): 11:16pm On Jan 24, 2013
rastamouse:

We are called to be the salt and not to conform. We are not supposed to 'sugar-coat' the truth just because someone feels threatened by it. In any case, HEAVEN and hell will continue to exist even if we all choose not to believe in it. You just counted 4-5 people becoming atheist and you think that can be compared to the numerous others who have embraced the faith because of what some people did here?

We are not required to make any concessions when it comes to defending our faith. None of the Apostles did and I am not ready to do. To all the atheist, continue to celebrate your latest success because unless you repent and pray for forgiveness, this may be the last celebration you will be having.

I am a CHRISTIAN and a proud one at that. I will never water-down what I know just to 'pamper' someone to acknowledge his/her CREATOR. Whether you acknowledge and worship GOD or not, HE is going to judge you and you better be ready because anyone who falls short will rot in hell!

That is the plain truth and there are no compromises
nah wa 4 u bros.this is just they thing i have with all this religious people.why can one be left alone to chose what to believ or not to.must we all have they same belief? What made you think that there's hell?how did you get to your conclusion of what is and what is not? Abeg bros free the guy joor.na by force to believe.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by plappville(f): 11:31pm On Jan 24, 2013
Callotti: You don't have to disclose your new-found identity to anyone.
Bigotry may do you the utmost harm.
Stay safe.
Remember, you are a minority now.
Most importantly. . .stay true to yourself and damn what people may feel or think.
It is your life. . .LIVE IT WELL.

I NEVER disclose that I am an agnostic at work. . . too many religious CHRISTIAN bigots might poison my food.
I don't lie about it either. I just don't volunteer any information or I leave the area blank.

You will face a lot of persecution from both Christians and Muslims especially.

Where have you seen Christian persecuting x-christians?? shocked

I NEVER disclose that I am an agnostic at work. . . too many religious CHRISTIAN bigots might poison my food.
So you dey fear them and yet come here come dey make moth for NL, you ne even get liver...hahahaha!!
A true Heathen no dey believe say person fit poison ammmmmmm!
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 27, 2013
omoghana22: nice of you...now that yu are enlighten.......keep going and be proud of what you are today.you are indeed free from ignorance of religion.
@bold grin grin grin. Where the person wey start this thread sef?
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by TRUESAINT1(m): 4:11pm On Jan 27, 2013
This argument can be followed philosophically, and would still come out to our favour. But, we live in the part of the world where the works of the supernatural is evident. I would understand if this argument is done by those in Europe, Asia or America. But in Nigeria, the supernatural is very evident. To say you don't believe in the supernatural is a bit naive. To say because a thing does not have any physical explanation for existence and it therefore does not exist, that is being naive.

Works of the supernatural is seen in our televisions, and churches in your neighborhood. I'm not talking about it source now (whether demonic or of Christ). The obvious point is the Supernatural is all around us.

If you want to say there's no logical proof of the existence of God, then please show me the logical proof that He does not exist.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 27, 2013
TRUE SAINT: This argument can be followed philosophically, and would still come out to our favour. But, we live in the part of the world where the works of the supernatural is evident. I would understand if this argument is done by those in Europe, Asia or America. But in Nigeria, the supernatural is very evident. To say you don't believe in the supernatural is a bit naive. To say because a thing does not have any physical explanation for existence and it therefore does not exist, that is being naive.

Works of the supernatural is seen in our televisions, and churches in your neighborhood. I'm not talking about it source now (whether demonic or of Christ). The obvious point is the Supernatural is all around us.

If you want to say there's no logical proof of the existence of God, then please show me the logical proof that He does not exist.
Can you explain that again?
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Moralistli(m): 9:57pm On Jan 27, 2013
There's more to life than you think or understand!

Hosea 4:6 says my people perish because they lack knowledge of me.

You can't know more than human standard because you ain't the ALMIGHTY GOD!

I pray many of you atheists or whatever live long so that you will have the oppotunity to renounce your neutral-beliefs.

Most of these things happen to you peeps as a result of confussion cause by hardship, hopelessness and misinformation.

Christianity or christian faith is not about proves or facts, but all about totally believing what the scripture says!
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Moralistli(m): 10:10pm On Jan 27, 2013
nah wa 4 u bros.this is just they thing i have with all this religious people.why can one be left alone to chose what to believ or not to.must we all have they same belief? What made you think that there's hell?how did you get to your conclusion of what is and what is not? Abeg bros free the guy joor.na by force to believe

@ you styca or whatever

Did you see him holding or caging the guy?
u berra get outta dia...
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Purist(m): 2:47pm On Mar 14, 2013
May 3, 2012. . . the following conversation ensued:

davidylan:

and why exactly do you think america abandoned space research if it is as promising as you say it is? [size=14pt]What groundbreaking research has CERN come up with to improve our knowledge of how the earth came about by random chaos?[/size]

How exactly do you think voyagers will find something in space worth researching if they cant even get there? undecided

Absurd.
Avicenna:

Abeg,read my post properly before replying.
$$$ is the hindrance. America has not abandoned its space research. What it abandoned was a CERN-like project because of $$$ again. [size=14pt]Don't look down on CERN[/size],I am ashamed my country can not even mount a research like that if they wanted to. Check out the Nobel prize winners(when working with CERN) and the nobel laureates working on it. It will do you well to research on their groundbreaking discoveries. Most are even kept away from the public. Afterall,it is a nuclear facility.
One rover was equipped with instrument to test for life on mars. Some will remain travelling till after 2020 and beyond. Please just do the research.
As for your insults,everyone know the kind of person you are. I refuse to get in a mudfight with you.
davidylan:

your post is a lot of words but very little said. America has practically given up on government-sponsored space research because after 60 yrs of trying, we still arent any closer to whether we have aliens in space, water on mars or how we virtually appeared out of thin air to land on just one out of hundreds of planets out there. Epic fail!
[size=14pt]and what exactly has CERN achieved that has brought us any closer to figuring out how we came to be?[/size] Why cant you provide evidence when asked rather than the cowardly approach of asking others to "research" (the refuge of the clueless).

Huh the rover testing for life on mars has found exactly what? Epic fail.
Avicenna:
? [size=14pt]'Out of thin air' 'what has CERN achieved?' are you kidding me?[/size]
Dude,you seriously have comprehension problems.
I rarely click on links here so I won't provide links. Anybody that wants to acquire knowledge should be ready to search for it. If you can log on to Nairaland, it will take you less than a minute to google up results.
davidylan:

thanks for the tepid excuse but you really wont provide links because you really dont know. Under all the stup[i]i[/i]d blustering is a whole lot of stupefying ignorance. Why cant you at least give us 2 well known CERN conclusions on the origins of man or the earth? surely you dont need links to make a factual statement that we can go research later no?

[size=14pt]Again i ask, what has CERN contributed to our knowledge of man's origin?[/size]

Please stup that cowardly, nauseating claptrap about saying we shld go research... if you dont know, its ok to say so.
Purist:

Well, nothing concrete at the moment. [size=14pt]But they are getting quite close to finding that elusive "God particle"[/size], which may very well turn out to be one of the biggest discoveries of the century. One of the engineers at CERN recently said that [size=14pt]the particle may be discovered in a matter of months[/size]. Keep your fingers crossed. wink
davidylan:

or which may well turn out to the world's largest hoax. What does the "God particle" tell you? [size=14pt]they've been "mighty close" since i was 10 yrs old. Next?[/size]

July 4, 2012: Exactly two months later. . .
Purist:
[size=14pt]Higgs boson-like particle discovery claimed at LHC[/size]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-18702455

March 14, 2013: 8 months later. . .

[size=14pt]Higgs Boson Discovery Confirmed After Physicists Review Large Hadron Collider Data At CERN[/size]

- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/14/higgs-boson-discovery-confirmed-cern-large-hadron-collider_n_2874975.html
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21785205

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by jayriginal: 4:09pm On Mar 14, 2013
Interesting as well is the following

Ever since its formation, the Earth has been bombarded by comets, and scientists think they now have evidence that these cosmic missiles could have carried the building blocks for life along with them when they impacted.

In 2009, NASA's Stardust mission rendezvoused with the comet Wild-2 and returned to Earth with a sample of an amino acid the probe had picked up from comet's outgassing. Tests showed it had too much carbon-13 to have come from Earth, but skepticism remains that simple amino acids could have kick-started the development of life on the planet.

To test that hypothesis, a team of scientists at the University of California, Berkeley, and the University of Hawaii, Manoa, built a pseudo-comet in the lab – a snowball of carbon dioxide, ammonia, and various hydrocarbons such as methane, ethane, and propane – then chilled it in an ultra-high-vacuum chamber down to 10 degrees above absolute zero.

The comet was then zapped with high-energy electrons to simulate the cosmic rays it would encounter had it travelled through space. The team then analyzed the result to see what had formed using the Mars Organic Analyzer, an instrument designed for ultrasensitive detection and identification of small organic molecules in the Solar System.

On analysis, the laboratory comet was found to have not only nine different amino acids but also at least two dipeptides – linked pairs of amino acids that are capable of forming proteins (polypeptides), enzymes, and more-complex molecules such as sugars.

"It is fascinating to consider that the most basic biochemical building blocks that led to life on Earth may well have had an extraterrestrial origin," said UC Berkeley chemist Richard Mathies, coauthor of the paper to be published in The Astrophysical Journal, in a statement.

Previous scientific theories have largely revolved around the famous 1953 Miller-Urey experiment, in which simulated lightning was fired into a primordial soup of water, methane, ammonia, and hydrogen. This produced over 20 amino acids, and further research in the area is continuing.

Of course there are still plenty of people – particularly here in the US – who will tell you that humans were created by a supernatural deity (who curiously burdened humans with such useless organs as the appendix and men's nipples) and therefor such scientific research is pointless.

But for scientists, the news is rather exciting. ®

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/03/06/comets_seed_life_experiment/

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=116054:comets-could-have-seeded-life-on-earth-new-evidence-suggests&catid=93:science&Itemid=608

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 17, 2013
Avicenna: I am a regular poster in other threads except religion. I have followed most threads here without ever commenting. I must say,I came here confused and ignorant about my former religion-Islam. But Nairaland religious section opened my eyes. I searched,researched and after deep reflections, I concluded that all religions are fraudulent and the notion of a almighty God is flawed and won't hold up to rigorous scrutiny.
I used a new I.D to post this because I still remain in the closet. As a religious leader of some of my peeps, it will come as too much of a shock. Their reactions may be harsh. The reason I posted this is that some people are also atheists but due to a fear of being ostracised,they remain quiet. I want you to know you are not alone.

Lol. Whatever id you're using now, seems this thread sent shock waves through this section..

Stay safe.. smiley
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 2:24am On Apr 18, 2013
Purist:
July 4, 2012: Exactly two months later. . .

March 14, 2013: 8 months later. . .

[size=14pt]Higgs Boson Discovery Confirmed After Physicists Review Large Hadron Collider Data At CERN[/size]

- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/14/higgs-boson-discovery-confirmed-cern-large-hadron-collider_n_2874975.html
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21785205

and this "discovery" taught us exactly what?

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by FlyinSaucer: 8:54am On Apr 18, 2013
mykejones: If i tel u i dnt get scared or terrified about wat is posted in this religion thread,then am a joker. U all frighten me. Some arguements here have shaken,dwon 2 d roots,my not-so-strong faith. And it only get worse daily.
I'l neva open any thread wit a mark of 'religion' on it again,least i bcom sometin like some of u.
I believe in God,and i believe in the aftermath.
By now u should av realised dat religion is based and fueled by fear/threats.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 12:49pm On May 10, 2013
musKeeto:

Lol. Whatever id you're using now, seems this thread sent shock waves through this section..

Stay safe.. smiley

Thanks bro. Its been a while.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Contactman(m): 9:11am On Aug 31, 2013
Avicenna:
In a way, I m still caged by society but that's understandable. But I refuse to believe in any God. I alone am responsible for my actions. I no longer believe in life after death. Everything is here. The difference I will make is here,this life. A God does not exist.
aviceena can you hold your venom a bit Mr. atheist and bend ur brains again. Have u ever thought of how u were formed in your mother's womb? Do you think that that complex formations until birth stage is just an accident? Can a building erect itself without a master builder? You may not believe in religion or any doctrine,it is understandable but denying the presence of a Creator is a total madness. I like your research spirit,please go into more research but with honest and open mind for more knowledge. You will thank me later.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by 3nairalandcom: 10:08am On Aug 31, 2013
worship Nike
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by 3nairalandcom: 10:08am On Aug 31, 2013
follow Nike

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply)

Must See Hilarious Announcement By A Church About Fuel Scarcity / Rev Esther Ajayi Praises MC Oluomo, Leads Him To Greet Obasanjo, Ooni And Others / Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.