Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With (41662 Views)

Dangers Associated With Suya - Must Read!! / Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With by aljharem(m): 1:51pm On Jul 01, 2012
freecocoa: Isi ewu you mean?

Funny enough i don't like that thing one bit.

I love Amala and got to eat it when mum was here but now nobody to prepare it for me again,maybe I'll come eat it a your place someday.cheesy

Yeah that is it. Isi ewu (goat head). God bless the person that first discovered that food grin .

Yes, I would be expecting you wink
Re: Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With by EbonyBlond: 1:51pm On Jul 01, 2012
Who get egusi sef?
Re: Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With by bashr8: 1:53pm On Jul 01, 2012
alj harem:

LOL this is from wikipedia. go do your research my brother. Need I say more grin grin grin. BTW long time bashr8

when wil you stop stealing ,pap is a world wide food but akamu is an igbo word stop claiming what does not belong to you , yes you might have yoruba version of it but its definitely not called akamu

1 Like

Re: Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With by freecocoa(f): 1:55pm On Jul 01, 2012
alj harem:

Yeah that is it. Isi ewu (goat head). God bless the person that first discovered that food grin .

Yes, I would be expecting you wink
Settled then.wink
Re: Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With by bright007(f): 2:00pm On Jul 01, 2012
Yam $ 'owo'from EDO STATE (d 'owo' is pronuonced like money in yoruba)
Re: Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With by blackbeau1(f): 2:02pm On Jul 01, 2012
afang-ibibio,atama-ibibio,edikan ikong-efik,ekpangnkukwo-ibibio
Re: Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With by Watermelon(m): 2:04pm On Jul 01, 2012
Ofe nsala, isi ewu ngwongwo, okpa, nni oka, odu ewu peper soup, ofe onugbu, akpu, ofe oha, ofe okro, ji akwukwo nni, all na yoruba food, so delicious

2 Likes

Re: Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With by Dsage1: 2:08pm On Jul 01, 2012
acidtalk: Oya na who do the following?

Burgar
Pizza
Shawama
Fries
Whisky
Vodka
Brandy
Buns
Kulikuli
Ofio
Donkwa
Eyin alangba
Noodles
Wine
Barbeque
Roasted yam and ground nut
Cocaine

$50,000 (Zimbabwean) for the person that can get every single one correct.

Burgar - Burgaria
Pizza - Italy
Shawana - India
Fries - France
Whisky - Germany/Dutch
Vodka - Russia
Brandy - Dutch
Buns - America
Kulikuli - Hausa
Ofio -
Donkwa - Hausa
Eyin Alangba - Yoruba
Wine - Greece
Burbeque - America
Roaster Yam&Groudnut- Yoruba
Cocaine- Spain
Re: Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With by claremont(m): 2:15pm On Jul 01, 2012
Cooked unripe plantain and Owo soup garnished with dry fish-- Ishan tribe from Edo state.

White rice and fried meat tomato sauce (otherwise known as stew) grin-- Ishan tribe from Edo state. Make I claim dis one before other pipo claim am! grin grin

Fried yam and fried egg-- Ishan tribe from Edo state. grin
Re: Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With by Lordave: 2:15pm On Jul 01, 2012
See as everybody de claim egusi... I even c person say 'Ogbonna soup'. Pls wat about Ifeanyi soup?

1 Like

Re: Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With by bashr8: 2:24pm On Jul 01, 2012
Lordave: See as everybody de claim egusi... I even c person say 'Ogbonna soup'. Pls wat about Ifeanyi soup?
egusi is one of those plants that grow in different parts of the world especially asia and africa, how you use it depends , egusi soup prepared by igbos is different from egusi soup prepared by edos or yoruba just like palm kernel soup (ofe aku in igbo and i think banga in edo).

1 Like

Re: Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With by ibide(m): 2:27pm On Jul 01, 2012
Urhobo ukodo amiedi owo ewli egbagba
Re: Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With by fagamite: 2:29pm On Jul 01, 2012
fake medicine ---Ibo

Human head ----Ibo

Ugwu mixed with illegal drugs ----Ibo

1 Like

Re: Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With by Andrew3(m): 2:30pm On Jul 01, 2012
pounded yam with bush meat = guess wink wink wink

benue
Re: Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With by HenryQuest(m): 2:35pm On Jul 01, 2012
Okpa Nsukka! Igbo!
Re: Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With by bright007(f): 2:46pm On Jul 01, 2012
This thread has been invaded by miscreants.

1 Like

Re: Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 01, 2012
Egusi soup with tried meat and fish and pounded yam plus any brand of beer => IGALA cheesy
Re: Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With by tintingz(m): 3:05pm On Jul 01, 2012
Ifoko with cold eba - ijebu yorubawa
Re: Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With by solomon111(m): 3:07pm On Jul 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
moin moin - Yoruba
Universally nigerian!
Re: Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With by johnglo2(m): 3:11pm On Jul 01, 2012
U guys no even serious o!
Ojeumu(white elubu)made in IGALA
Re: Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With by uchlukez(f): 3:12pm On Jul 01, 2012
Soaked garri with beans..........Yoruba
Re: Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With by uchlukez(f): 3:13pm On Jul 01, 2012
Watery beans wey dey cause constipation............yoruba

2 Likes

Re: Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With by brixton: 3:13pm On Jul 01, 2012
Ground soup... Afenmai land
Beans soup and marched rice... Afenmai land/ agenebode

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Orders Cake for her Baby's Birthday Online, But See What was Delivered. PIX / Party Guests Served Food From A Hot Stove In Nigeria (Video) / Is This The Most Underrated Grain In Nigeria? See Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.