Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates (40291 Views)

Igbinedion Donates 8M To Chief Judge's Book Launch After Son's Sentencing / John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing / Nigerians In London Witness The Ibori Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by 3kay945(m): 12:34pm On Apr 17, 2012
we are waitint for the concluding part.....
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by 3kay945(m): 12:35pm On Apr 17, 2012
scopusng: Fashanu said Ibori built 12 stadia in Delta state, Built 9 mini stadia and 3 Olympic sized stadia in Delta state

Na true? hahahahaahah
did he actually say this?
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by scopusng(m): 12:35pm On Apr 17, 2012
Ibori is the reason for the great achievements in Nigeria-Lawayer
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by morc(m): 12:35pm On Apr 17, 2012
I wish others would learn from this but unfortunately as we speak, some local gov't chairmen,governors,house members,senators, ministers, civil servants,etc are stealing right now.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by scopusng(m): 12:37pm On Apr 17, 2012
Fashanu tells the court that Ibori built the first shooting range in Nigeria
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by scopusng(m): 12:38pm On Apr 17, 2012
Fashanu said, the stadium build by Ibori help Okocha.

So Ibori made JJ Okocha?
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by scopusng(m): 12:40pm On Apr 17, 2012
"Thousands of Militants have benefitted from the stadiums he built"-John Fashanu,as character witness at Ibori's sentencing
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Ournaija: 12:41pm On Apr 17, 2012
scopusng: Fashanu said, the stadium build by Ibori help Okocha.

So Ibori made JJ Okocha?

Fash has been well paid.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 17, 2012
Beaf:
How come the man still has supporters? Some people have no shame.
Guy why you de talk like you no be delta pikin. You suppose know how e be
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by scopusng(m): 12:44pm On Apr 17, 2012
To declare that Ibori has done what he didn't in court isn't only audacious, it sparks volume of your character itself.
Fasanu's match fixing trial will soon re-surface. slowpoke
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by scopusng(m): 12:48pm On Apr 17, 2012
Court goes on recess. Ibori's sentence will be read out at 2:30.Naija time
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by kodylicky(f): 12:52pm On Apr 17, 2012
Ibori's lawyer shld also be tried for saying stuff
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by scopusng(m): 12:54pm On Apr 17, 2012
Fashanu lie lie lie.Chei, i hope Okocha sue him.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by smsmoney(m): 12:57pm On Apr 17, 2012
Shame on Larmode,shame on EFCC,shame on the judiciary and shame on a failed State called Nigeria where criminals and common thiefs hold sway and parade our streets like small gods
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 17, 2012
Lamasta: Ibori is one of the many thieves we have in Nigeria that is siphoning the masses money for personal use. all the stollen funds should be seized by the Uk government and Ibori sentenced to KIRIKIRI maximum prison with hard labour to show our judiciary and EFCC and Government that they are immature and uncapable of delivering justice to the people, I rest my case

ibori has the right to loot afterall is it ur money? Unlike those bankore and d rest like david mark that are not immuned.. Ibori is 4rm my state and we produce the nations wealth.. *off to drink my fav ogogoro*
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by 1025: 12:58pm On Apr 17, 2012

@beaf,
is jonathan better than ibori? what crimes did ibori commit that alams did not commit yet ur jonathan has made him the leader of all political fronts in bayelsa? at least, ibori did not run back dressed like a woman. why is nigeria not sending alams back to uk to explain how he left his passport there and come back? who is fooling who. uk is acting out a script otherwise they shld be pressing for alams to be extradicted to face charges in uk.
did ibori steal more than obasanjo or tony annenih? what about andy uba, bankole and our first lady? abegi, i am not moved with all these shameless lies of pdp.
look at how many pdp members that have been indicted in boko haram related cases including our vice president yet nothing.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by cowgurl: 1:01pm On Apr 17, 2012
scopusng: http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/ibori-sentencing-live-updates

1516 (Day 1): Mr. Pernell blames the Nigerian military for creating the conditions that lured Ibori into corruption.

Very lame excuse Mr Pernell.

scopusng: 1432 (Day 1): Prosecutor explains that Ibori and Victor Attah (former Akwa Ibom governor) formed a phantom company called ADF to siphon US$37.5million from Delta and Akwa Ibom states' shares in V-Mobile.

Not surprised, not at all.

scopusng: 1215 (Day 1): Judge describes Ibori's several frauds as "sensational".

"sensational" indeed!!!

scopusng: 1149 (Day 1): The Prosecutor lists Ibori's bank accounts as 6 in Barclay's, 2 in Citi Bank and several in the Channel Islands. She also says that Ibori had made his 4-month old son [/b]a director in one of his companies, a company used as a conduit to [b]launder stolen money.

what do u expect from a crook?

scopusng: 1123 (Day 1): The Prosecutor is going through a reading of all the crimes Ibori has committed since 1991, both in Nigeria and in the UK. "He is a common thief," she says.

Perfect pet name prosecutor.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by desthan(m): 1:04pm On Apr 17, 2012
what tv station can i watch the live trial. . .
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Feraz(m): 1:08pm On Apr 17, 2012
pls, any link to watching it online
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Demdem(m): 1:09pm On Apr 17, 2012
Beaf:

What a question rogue. the same way u and ur fellow cohorts will be lining up to enter the court house in the hague preferably when the retardeen will be indicted for eating 1Billion naira worth of Food yearly in Aso-Rock.

1 Like

Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by b0dnel: 1:11pm On Apr 17, 2012
desthan: what tv station can i watch the live trial. . .

CNN......mumude like u
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by ono(m): 1:11pm On Apr 17, 2012
Truth is that Ibori did a lot while he was governor of Delta State.

I still find it strange that he stole so much. The monies they say he stole are really mind boggling. If he could do this and was able to win my ''trust'' at the time he was governor - people believe me, this guy did a lot. His efforts at restoring peace in war torn Warri was legendary. The bridge at Bomadi - I have been talking about this bridge for years now, that bridge was a major hassle smasher for the Ijaws. Transport to and from Ekeremor, Bomadi and adjoining villages was made easy by that bridge - It practically opened up Ijawland, hence the deputy governor general of ijaw nation title given to the man. Those stadia Fash talked about were actually built by Ibori. Warri city stadium, I am told is one of the best in the country. It was built by him. Several other major projects this man did as governor.

What's baffling is how he could do so much but still was able to steal - so much! This life sha. I hope for the good he did, he could get a short sentence.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by occam(m): 1:13pm On Apr 17, 2012
the british legal system in action - methodical and thorough. Awaiting sentence for this scumbag. Now we know he pleaded guilty voluntarily; not a plea bargain as reported by some of his sycophants
Not surprised about Fash. He enjoys the corrupt system in NIgeria
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by mcnepow(m): 1:14pm On Apr 17, 2012
scopusng: Court goes on recess. Ibori's sentence will be read out at 2:30.Naija time

cry cry cry
2:30 too faarrrrr na

cry cry cry

Hope it translates to 230years in sanko! grin
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by scopusng(m): 1:14pm On Apr 17, 2012
Ibori sentencing going to be interesting. Waiting lol
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Beaf: 1:14pm On Apr 17, 2012
Ono: Truth is that Ibori did a lot while he was governor of Delta State.

I still find it strange that he stole so much. The monies they say he stole are really mind boggling. If he could do this and was able to win my ''trust'' at the time he was governor - people believe me, this guy did a lot. His efforts at restoring peace in war torn Warri was legendary. The bridge at Bomadi - I have been talking about this bridge for years now, that bridge was a major hassle smasher for the Ijaws. Transport to and from Ekeremor, Bomadi and adjoining villages was made easy by that bridge - It practically opened up Ijawland, hence the deputy governor general of ijaw nation title given to the man. Those stadia Fash talked about were actually built by Ibori. Warri city stadium, I am told is one of the best in the country. It was built by him. Several other major projects this man did as governor.

What's baffling is how he could do so much but still was able to steal - so much! This life sha. I hope for the good he did, he could get a short sentence.
That shows you how much more Uduaghan is stealing. We are waiting sha.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 17, 2012
ono: Truth is that Ibori did a lot while he was governor of Delta State.

I say Amen to that.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Demdem(m): 1:15pm On Apr 17, 2012
@ Ono

I agree with u. Ibori quite did a lot in Delta and he also stole a lot. The same can be said of Alams of bayelsa. The achievements of the next two succeeding governors after him (GEJ,Slvia) cant be compared to what he did in that limited time. The resources are there no doubt, na corruption dey kill us.
However, i wouldnt advocate for a short sentence. 15-18yrs is more like it.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by basmong: 1:16pm On Apr 17, 2012
@Demdem and Willzkid, beter say what you know. Obong Attah is not a "petty thief" but a respected GENTLEMAN. Don't insult him. If Ibori stole the money and did half of what Attah did, his case should have been different. Who amongst the Governors then could look OBJ in the face and talk? Only Attah did and he still stands tall in my mind. Because of that Akwa Ibom got almost zero allocation from the FAC for almost 9 months or more. If not for that investment how would the State had survived? Attah still goes to that same UK nad does his business, why haven't they arraigned him.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by scopusng(m): 1:19pm On Apr 17, 2012
basmong: @Demdem and Willzkid, beter say what you know. Obong Attah is not a "petty thief" but a respected GENTLEMAN. Don't insult him. If Ibori stole the money and did half of what Attah did, his case should have been different. Who amongst the Governors then could look OBJ in the face and talk? Only Attah did and he still stands tall in my mind. Because of that Akwa Ibom got almost zero allocation from the FAC for almost 9 months or more. If not for that investment how would the State had survived? Attah still goes to that same UK nad does his business, why haven't they arraigned him.

You fool.Period.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by b0dnel: 1:19pm On Apr 17, 2012
Fash live in the UK court...

Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by occam(m): 1:20pm On Apr 17, 2012
ono: Truth is that Ibori did a lot while he was governor of Delta State.

Regardless, he's a Thief. His stealing deprived lots of Deltan youths access to quality education and health services.

I hope the judge locks him up and throw away the key into the Atlantic ocean

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Governor Tambuwal's Convoy Attacked In Sokoto, Man Killed (Graphic Photo) / APC 'Mistakenly' Calls Out USA Car Company In Their Tweet, They Replied / Anger As Presidency Boycotts Meeting With South South Governors, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.