Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates (40294 Views)

Igbinedion Donates 8M To Chief Judge's Book Launch After Son's Sentencing / John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing / Nigerians In London Witness The Ibori Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by ideylaff: 9:54am On Apr 18, 2012
[b][/b]
Nwa_Nimo: Silly Nigerians - keep rejoicing like the 'West' have caught the only corrupt nigerian politician that ever lived.

The 'West' are making serious money out of this - they said the trial and investigation cost them millions which they will no doubt recoup.

The lawyers, judges, prosecutors etc have all made money from this - and next the private companies that run the prisons will make serious cash (uk taxpayers money) for the next 13 years looking after Ibori.

What he did was wrong - but typical of a nigerian politician.

Ibori lost out; the people of Delta state lost out, Nigeria lost out - the 'Brits' have made sh.it loads of money and will continue to do so from our naive people. Keep rejoicing . . .

[b]

How will the British Government recoup thier money...thing u need to be more exposed here sir...

If you may know the British Government even fund EFCC to the tunes of Millions yearly

MOst of Iboris assets will be sold and sent back to 9ja, and that is where the problem lies, cos anoda criminal is waiting to
lump all that proceeds into their own personal use

Dont think the British Government for once need Iboris money to pay for the whole legal process, no it does npot work like that.

I think you are the naive one here
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by emsquare(m): 9:58am On Apr 18, 2012
scopusng: Breaking news: Ibori Gets 13 Years In Prison

Cool!
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by CuteTj(m): 10:15am On Apr 18, 2012
The London Court that sentenced him said that they were lenient with him because he pleaded guilty and in the process didn't waste the court's time. He was thereby sentenced to 13 years though he will only serve 4 years & 9 months because his prison sentence is to run concurrently.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by ademutiu: 10:29am On Apr 18, 2012
Nigeria judiciary should go hide it face
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by coogar: 10:33am On Apr 18, 2012
Nwa_Nimo: Silly Nigerians - keep rejoicing like the 'West' have caught the only corrupt nigerian politician that ever lived.

The 'West' are making serious money out of this - they said the trial and investigation cost them millions which they will no doubt recoup.

The lawyers, judges, prosecutors etc have all made money from this - and next the private companies that run the prisons will make serious cash (uk taxpayers money) for the next 13 years looking after Ibori.

What he did was wrong - but typical of a nigerian politician.

Ibori lost out; the people of Delta state lost out, Nigeria lost out - the 'Brits' have made sh.it loads of money and will continue to do so from our naive people.

Keep rejoicing . . .

every trial and investigation cost the british government money. in 90% of the cases, the accused seek legal aid
and his case gets funded by the british government. in ibori's case, because of the nature of his crime, the
british government must have used the money seized from him to fund his case - it's simple logic.

in a nutshell, you are the ignoramus here spewing nonsense on a public forum.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by jevic(m): 10:50am On Apr 18, 2012
13years I think is too small for him. They would have made it 25 years because of the number of count charges against him. All the same that serves him right..
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by edicolove: 11:09am On Apr 18, 2012
Demdem:

ur allegation against Salami hasnt been substantiated in the law court. so i will just assume u are just ranting. besides, Salami has been suspended against the rule of law at present so how is he stopping any would-be reforms if that exactly is what the govt is after?

U have simply indicted the retardeen by saying he chased Ibori away. U mean the president of a nation chased a known criminal instead of having him arrested and prosecuted?

Keep defending him because that is what your hypocritical partisan nature does. You always defend criminals and cast aspersion on those who are not in your party. You think Nigerians don't see that? You must be kidding yourself. No matter how much you try to twist the truth, it will come back to hunt you. GEJ went after Ibori, the guy escaped thru the porous Naija borders and fled to Dubai. He was nabbed in Dubai and EFCC was there to support the Nigerian governments push that he should be tried. There was an agreement to try him in UK first. A smart move by GEJ who knew the porous Nigerian Judiciary headed by the likes of Salami would subvert his efforts. The UK courst handled it and did justice. Now Ibori is history. One down, more to go.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by BlueMurder(m): 11:16am On Apr 18, 2012
One James Onanefe Ibori...
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Xtana: 11:25am On Apr 18, 2012
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) said it expected Ibori to return home to face other criminal charges in Nigerian courts after serving his prison term in Britain.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Demdem(m): 11:26am On Apr 18, 2012
edicolove:

Keep defending him because that is what your hypocritical partisan nature does. You always defend criminals and cast aspersion on those who are not in your party. You think Nigerians don't see that? You must be kidding yourself. No matter how much you try to twist the truth, it will come back to hunt you. GEJ went after Ibori, the guy escaped thru the porous Naija borders and fled to Dubai. He was nabbed in Dubai and EFCC was there to support the Nigerian governments push that he should be tried. There was an agreement to try him in UK first. A smart move by GEJ who knew the porous Nigerian Judiciary headed by the likes of Salami would subvert his efforts. The UK courst handled it and did justice. Now Ibori is history. One down, more to go.

[b]u av a right to ur opinion likewise I. To the best of my knowledge am aint partisan and i dont belong to any party. however, because i have refused to be on the fence and av a position, I am definitely inclined towards other parties like APGA,ACN, LP and even CPC than the killer Boko PDP party. I hope u will accept my decision also.

Say whatever, Salami is no criminal and we all arent ignorant of all what transpired that led to his speedy suspension. i wont even bore u with it.The por guy has been suspended for months now still the judiciary is still very porous so whats ur point. Ibori "escaped" under whose leadership? Anyway, thats gone now and Ibori is in jail.
tellng me he will first be tried in UK before here in Naija is bullshit. what about Ibori's accomplices that includes the likes of OBONG VICTOR ATTAH?whose name was mentioned during the court process? let the retardeen show his good intention by making sure he is next. av u ever wondered why the Obong hasnt travelled to the UK since when all this jamboree started? [/b]
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Demdem(m): 11:27am On Apr 18, 2012
Xtana: The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) said it expected Ibori to return home to face other criminal charges in Nigerian courts after serving his prison term in Britain.

That is if the EFCC wouldnt be disbanded before he comes back. Who are they deceiving? They should go pick up Obong Victor Attah to show their seriousness
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by coogar: 11:29am On Apr 18, 2012
Xtana: The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) said it expected Ibori to return home to face other criminal charges in Nigerian courts after serving his prison term in Britain.

how feasible is that? he would win every case in nigeria.
efcc don't stack up credible evidence in court with their fire brigade approach.
any good lawyer worth it's salt would destroy any evidence e-f-c-c has against any criminal in naija.
it's a fantasy. e-f-c-c are not up to the task. they are clueless.

bunch of flat track bullies. they can only arrest cybercafe boys.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by mekasonuk: 11:40am On Apr 18, 2012
Should serve as a lesson to other dubious political office holders.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by AreaFada2: 11:49am On Apr 18, 2012
naijapay:

Haba!That will be over the top! Na only money him launder now!

Many Deltans died from deprivation in his thieving time in office.

Oh don't forget Pa Alf Rilwane. Karma is a bitch!!
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 18, 2012
mekasonuk: Should serve as a lesson to other dubious political office holders.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Afam4eva(m): 12:14pm On Apr 18, 2012
Nigerian politicians will start avoiding the UK.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by coolguy2002: 12:23pm On Apr 18, 2012
eeeei
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by antartica(m): 12:33pm On Apr 18, 2012
http://pictures.metro.co.uk/latest-news/1429128/James-Ibori

This is how nigerian politicians like atiku live overseas with stolen loots.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by solelymade: 2:10pm On Apr 18, 2012
Nigerian politicain sponsoring guyz to d UK to show solidarity support. D stipid guys suddenly became member of his family.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by lucrecia: 2:33pm On Apr 18, 2012
13 years is too small for him, I was expecting 25 yera...
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by cheikh: 2:42pm On Apr 18, 2012
@OP
13 years may seem small or insignificant but it's more than life(12yrs) sentence in British Legal system. Even a one day sentence of any of our so called "leadership" should be something of enormous SHAME to us all as a people.

What is it about Niger deltans/South South people with gross indiscipline and lack of decorum in their thieving quest even when it's not necessary?
(1) Thief Madam/Mrs Ibru (2) Alamesiagha (3) Odili (4) Madam umbrera/President's wife (5) J. Ibori/ wife and mistress et al., (6) Lucky Igbinedion. (7)pls help me complete the long list.

Is it that poverty (material and spiritual) is synonymous with their lot hence they are so wretched, uncouth and crass/crude in every sense of the word? What is it? I still cannot understand the thieving streak of Mrs. Ibru.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by vanstanzy(m): 3:48pm On Apr 18, 2012
Am not satisfied at all bout the sentence. 13yrs too small na, them for make am 70 years. Such that if his life expires before that time, they'll go for one of his sons till the prison term is complete. I BET U, NOBODY WEY VALUE IM FAMILY GO WAN STEAL.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by mamagee3(f): 5:28pm On Apr 18, 2012
Bloody criminal!

It's because of pathetic scums like this man that has caused the world what it is today, a place full of selfish and callous people who do not deserve to live.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by ideylaff: 6:29pm On Apr 18, 2012
coogar:

every trial and investigation cost the british government money. in 90% of the cases, the accused seek legal aid
and his case gets funded by the british government. in ibori's case, because of the nature of his crime, the
british government must have used the money seized from him to fund his case - it's simple logic.

in a nutshell, you are the ignoramus here spewing nonsense on a public forum.

which money did u see them seize and use for his trial..have u even crossed the shores over the sea to see how things operate

why would Ibori pay the Government what they spent on this case....it does not work like that..

go to CPS Crown Prosecution Service, do some read up on the ins and outs of how a case is prosecuted and stop misleading the people...LOL and thanks
I repeat... How will the British Government recoup thier money...think u need to be more exposed here sir...

If you may know the British Government even fund EFCC to the tunes of Millions yearly

Most of Iboris assets will be sold and sent back to 9ja, and that is where the problem lies, cos anoda criminal is waiting to
lump all that proceeds for their own personal use

Dont think the British Government for once need Iboris money to pay for the whole legal process, no it does not work like that.

All these noise ur making.... ds stolen Iboris assets and money is not up to some a 1 London1 borough Budget.. read more and get exposure sir

I think you are the naive one here

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Oil Price Sinks To Lowest Level In 16 Years / Anger As Presidency Boycotts Meeting With South South Governors, Others / Soldiers Kill Three Female Suicide Bombers In Monguno (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.