Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,391 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

How To Overcome Insecurity In A Long-distance Relationship - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Overcome Insecurity In A Long-distance Relationship (23457 Views)

Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? / Signs That Your Long Distance Relationship Is Fading / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: How To Overcome Insecurity In A Long-distance Relationship by MsBeautyAghedo(f): 11:37pm On Jan 08, 2013
Amaka G29:
Long distance relationships are hard, but we live in a world where they are more and more common. It's good that you speaking regularly, but make sure you are actually speaking with substance. Have meaningful conversations, laugh together, make sure that your goals are still aligned, talk about friends and family... Try to engage each other through skype, social media, watching the same movies, playing online games with each other, sending messages just because rather than a full conversation... Basically try to keep the relationship interesting and to keep learning about each other. Boredom and disinterest would be the relationship's undoing.

Also, prioritize seeing each other when possible. Nothing can substitute time spent together. You should both have a clear sense of the next time you'll be together so that it's something to look forward to and it doesn't seem to vague to be important. Mark your calendars and count down your days smiley

Fun ideas:
1. Skype dates: Getting dressed up to skype together, maybe even eating together while on skype depending on internet access

2. Movie time: Watching comedies or movies you both like so that there is something in common to talk about

3. Gaming: Playing words with friends, online checkers, or some other game that the two of you can play with each other: the better games are the ones where you can play your turn when it's convenient

4. Photo swapping: Sending pictures of basic everyday activities or when you visit new places so that your partner can be a part of your daily life

5. Not talking all the time: While this may seem counter intuitive, talking everyday can lead to boredom. Conversations can become stale. The anticipation can be exciting and you'll have more to talk about. If you combine this with photo swapping, on days you don't talk you can send pictures of your day.

6. Handwritten Love letters: While talking and expressing yourself is nice, love letters still have value. You can hold on to them, read them whenever you like, and express your deepest sentiments for the person. Write a love letter every once and a while, add a little of your fragrance and seal it with a kiss. He can write you some and add cologne.

7. Presents: Send a small item specific to your respective locations so that the other person has a piece of where you are.
..... Nice one but I think all of these things happen in foreign Love movies but not in Nigeria's reality!!! Just thank God ur BF is not like mine; is it who is always busy working or attending biz meetings and who barely calls and reply bbm pings that will have time for all of the listed above??. Its a distance relationship and I am not bothered about him meeting other girls ( u just can't stop other girls from flirting with ur Bf especially when he is handsome and rich). have a mind set of "Learning" in any relationship u find urself and not allowing his life clash with yours. It will help u to be an Independent lady, Emotionally. NOTE: Don't always allow ur Hopes to be too high when it comes to Men and their feelings ( let it be a 50/50 thing ie Pass or Fail).

3 Likes

Re: How To Overcome Insecurity In A Long-distance Relationship by tpia5: 12:16pm On Dec 19, 2013
Update?
Re: How To Overcome Insecurity In A Long-distance Relationship by wonderfullymade: 12:49pm On Dec 04, 2014
[color=#006600][/color][color=#770077][/colr]
Well for me, I met a guy in Nigeria online and we talked for a year than I visited him in Nigeria and we ended up getting married and I went back to the US. I didn't like the distance one bit so I filed for him to come to US, but the lawyer just took our money and ran so I returned a second time to Nigeria for only two weeks and it was hard to leave but I had to, but I prayed every chance I could and I ended up finding a cheaper lawyer who got everything done and my husband came to join me after 2 years of being in a long distance relationship. So keep hope alive and much prayer. If it's to be it will be.

(1) (2) (Reply)

8 Signs You're His Side Chick But Not His Girlfriend / What Are The Fun/romantic Things/games To Do Over The Phone With Lover. / 30 Things To Start Doing For Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.