Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,275 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ (11049 Views)

Diezani Alison-Madueke Released On Bail - TVC News / Diezani Alison-madueke’s Neighbours Relieved / Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Beaf: 1:39am On Apr 21, 2012
manny4life: ...

My only blame to NOI was that she did not develop a strong internal control system for effective analysis, she did not do a through job in questioning certain invoices, and as a finance expert, since she knew that payment has exceeded budget, she did not invoke certain mitigatory measures like suspending payments, spot audits etc... but as per the payment, she did what's I think she could have done.
Lol! Bro, it is impossible to do a spot audit on NNPC. They don't even use computers for their transactions, its all written on scraps of paper... Which get lost!
The woman did all she could do.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by manny4life(m): 1:55am On Apr 21, 2012
Kobojunkie: This has nothing to do with large organizations, Walmart or whatever, but the Nigerian situation. From what I have been able to glean from the proceedings, it is clearly not structured in the same way as you have it in your WALMARTs, and SONY Stores.

If we are to assume that the Finance ministry was really not in charge of approvals, but simply in charge of paying already approved bills, then there is a puzzle here. Why didn't the Minister know what the program cost the Nigerian people? Why was she not aware of how much the agency had already paid out, as at the time of the probe?

Anywho, according to her, her ministry was really in charge of verifying/approving the bills, and making payments.

I have no Knowledge of Actual Fuel Subsidy Payments

Personally, if you had looked at my previous post on here during the subsidy saga, YES, I criticized her about the bold part; I believe she should have led an initiative to improve computer-wide systems and better financial analysis reporting. These would have reduce error, improved system-wide verifications, increased internal controls, and detailed, and tailored analytical reporting. To be honest, I do admit that was a big gaffe that both DAM, SLS and her had no near figure of what was reported, therefore, as to your question, I don't know.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by manny4life(m): 2:12am On Apr 21, 2012
Madam Kobo,

Here is an excerpt;

According to her, ”what the ministry does is to get the accountants to verify what the importers present as their imports and pay them”.

When they mean verify, she meant the invoice, and this verification wold make sense since invoices are NOT transmitted electronically via an exchange network. Even manual invoices are still verified from their originating vendor or third-party using different information. It's just like when you write a check at the bank, they still verify your identity regardless, however, if you transmit your transmission online, all the credentials has been approved. The finance department does not verify the contents of the invoice, here is the excerpt supporting that

She maintained that there would be no way the ministry could accurately determine how much petroleum products are imported and how much are actually sold in Nigeria.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Kobojunkie: 2:15am On Apr 21, 2012
manny4life: Madam Kobo,

Here is an excerpt;

When they mean verify, she meant the invoice, and this verification wold make sense since invoices are NOT transmitted electronically via an exchange network. Even manual invoices are still verified from their originating vendor or third-party using different information. It's just like when you write a check at the bank, they still verify your identity regardless, however, if you transmit your transmission online, all the credentials has been approved. The finance department does not verify the contents of the invoice, here is the excerpt supporting that

I didn't ask you to inject YOUR INTERPRETATION into this. Those are her words, and anyone who reads those words will clearly know that her group is in charge of MORE THAN PAYING the bill, as you claimed.
We understand, from her statement, that some level of verification of bills, over simply paying off of bills, is involved, that is all that is all that really matters.

Curiously, another question comes up here is, how was the subsidy probe committee able to investigate the program and come up with the list of companies that had submitted bloated invoices(information on amount include) in less than 4 months by the way, if it were truly the case that there was NO WAY of verifying the same invoices? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by manny4life(m): 2:54am On Apr 21, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I didn't ask you to inject YOUR INTERPRETATION into this. Those are her words, and anyone who reads those words will clearly know that her group is in charge of MORE THAN PAYING the bill, as you claimed.
We understand, from her statement, that some level of verification of bills, over simply paying off of bills, is involved, that is all that is all that really matters.

Curiously, another question comes up here is, how was the subsidy probe committee able to investigate the program and come up with the list of companies that had submitted bloated invoices(information on amount include) in less than 4 months by the way, if it were truly the case that there was NO WAY of verifying the same invoices? undecided undecided undecided

Well, you should have asked yourself, what is it they are verifying?

Like seriously, are you really asking this question,
"how was the subsidy probe committee able to investigate the program and come up with the list of companies that had submitted bloated invoices(information on amount include) in less than 4 months by the way, if it were truly the case that there was NO WAY of verifying the same invoices?"

even NNPC, has some sought of records, bottom line is that in as long as they're are records from NNPC, Petroleum Ministry, Payment information from Finance Ministry AND Transaction History from CBN and Recos from Finance Ministry, it's easy to investigate. I'm even surprised it took them 4months. shocked shocked

Don't get t wrong, there were some sought of records, the argument here has been whether Finance Ministry was verifying invoices or not. That's why I said, they were verifying the amount as against the itemized list on the invoice.

That has been what I've been saying, when there are no internal controls, it's common sense since NNPC wasn't doing their job, DAM wasn't donig their job... Verification should have been don
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Kobojunkie: 3:01am On Apr 21, 2012
I think I have already made it clear that I am not interested in your personal interpretation of what was said, but in the facts.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Demdem(m): 5:55am On Apr 21, 2012
Beaf:
You are just a clown without brains. The fact that all oil figures come from a single source (NNPC) would make a more honest person than yourself ask questions about the NNPC. But, your agenda is sinister, so you ask for those who quoted NNPC figures instead of the source of the figures.

[s]Tell me if your argument is more reasonable than anything expected from a hyena and rep of oil thieves who want to obfuscate the truth.[/s]

The same senseless arrangement of words that makes no sense. we all know NNPC is corrupt and one of the main reasons why these ladies were hired was to make sure they clean it up. Instead, we all can see they have become worse than before. Foool u are.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Demdem(m): 5:57am On Apr 21, 2012
DaLover:

Sorry ooo, but I am still not convinced that you have no problem with women, I believe you have a small problem....please open up we are here to help...

Its not in my place to convince u. Attempting such is definately a suicide mission am not ready to undertake. enjoy ur morronic stance.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Demdem(m): 6:15am On Apr 21, 2012
manny4life:

Blaming NOI is just way off, how can you blame the person who pays the bills rather than the person who incurred the bills? It's just like the scandal that erupted here in DC about lavish gifts from the GSA, will you blame the accountants who pay the bill? If at all anyone's to blame, blame the Dept of Petroleum, NNPC and the lawmakers. The lawmakers share a huge responsibility in the oversight of budgetary excess, YET, they were bothered in lining their pockets.

Manny, i appreciate ur post but dont neccesarily agree with it. Control measures are definitely put in place both from the petroleum and finance ministry to make sure what ought not to be paid for wasnt paid for. The questions are "were these followed"? Did they not compromise some rules? its good to know u only have issues with calls about NOI and not Madueke (because she is highly culpable unlike as much as NOI).
NOI heads our finance and its also her duty to make sure this country isnt shortchanged whatsoever. i had expected her to have raised the red flag when she noticed Nigeria has suddenly started paying more than four times what we ordinarily pay and investigate why this is so but of cos she did nothing and continued paying as suggested by Saraki's report. That to me is criminal.
No one is exonerating these agencies u stated, likewise the NASS however remember that if not for NASS (with all these their reports) we wont even be here discussing these issues
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Demdem(m): 6:29am On Apr 21, 2012
Iliveon: Bro!!! Idontliveonfreeoil o.Infact, I want PMS price to be 140naira cos of my neighbours wey no dey let me sleep with their 'I better pass my neighbour' generator...lol. That said, going by the findings of Ahmed Farouk Lawan Committee would you honestly say it was better to remove the subsidy than to go after the cabals and sanitize the industry before introducing the policy (that is if it would be necessary afterall).

Their corrupt bias mind wont allow them to accept this simple fact.

Iliveon: I read a post of yours about the FIRS woman who changed Nigeria tax system and everyone was full of praise for the woman. NOI should be the agent of change in Nigeria and i think that was why GEJ appointed her. She might want to make changes but it seems she is overwhelmed by the situation. Stating conflicting figures on the volume of oil we consume and amount paid on subsidy by top govt officials show how terrible government operates in Nigeria. That is even enough for them to be ashamed of. If you say NNPC should be disbanded, are you not indirectly saying Madueke is not capable and should be sacked?

I dont think Nigerians are expecting too much if they demand the same standard from these two women heading these ministries. The foools among us will say Tax is different from oil but has refused to understand that one major ingredient needed in turning around these agencies is disclipline. The tax woman has shown such but the same cant be said about these women.
Besides take a look at his response to ur post. Demonising NNPC as if aliens alone are found there and as if the govt is hopeless. it obviously shows how hopless they themselves are.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Demdem(m): 6:37am On Apr 21, 2012
manny4life:

Exactly! You just proved my own point. Thank you for the explanation but I'm quite aware of how financial internal controls work. You don't blame the accountant who pays the bills nor the finance guy who did the entries, so is the same with NOI.

When an electronic invoice is downloaded through the network exchange system or entered manually, depending on the financial controls within the organization, that invoice is automatically routed to the right approval signatory. When it's been approved (apparently with the GL number, etc), that invoice is routed to AP who issues the check. Depending on the amount of the check, it usually require code authorization from Controllers (just a brief, I skipped a lot of part, but u get the idea.

Like she previously stated, at least from what I've read and understand, she's made it know that all she does is pay the bills, whatever is on that invoice is not within her jurisdiction.

My only blame to NOI was that she did not develop a strong internal control system for effective analysis, she did not do a through job in questioning certain invoices, [b]and as a finance expert, since she knew that payment has exceeded budget, she did not invoke certain mitigatory measures like suspending payments, spot audits etc... but as per the payment, she did what's I think she could have done. [/b]

Thank u for ur post. The controls are there,they arent just followed. remember, the is the federal ministry of finance for crying out loud. If she had done what u stated above, no one will be calling for her sack besides even before Payment, what stops her from reporting this situation to the retardeen or better still raised the red flag before non-executives started raising highbrows. I find it difficult to believe she isnt culpable herself
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Demdem(m): 6:43am On Apr 21, 2012
Beaf:
Lol! Bro, it is impossible to do a spot audit on NNPC. They don't even use computers for their transactions, its all written on scraps of paper... Which get lost!
The woman did all she could do.

Stop digressing foool. Spot audit on products claimed to have been brought into the country by fraudulent marketers and not NNPC in this case. Besides what transformation has the retardeen brought to the NNPC so far? KPMG report has been released for a long time now highlighting all these loopholes u mentioned, what has been done to correct all these anomalies?
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by member479760: 5:52am On Apr 22, 2012
if he sack the 2 na dem go dey chop hin banana?
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by badesco(m): 3:50pm On Apr 22, 2012
Okonjo Iweala should stay but Madueke must go immediately
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Demdem(m): 4:45pm On Apr 22, 2012
badesco: Okonjo Iweala should stay but Madueke must go immediately

Why should Madueke go and not NOI?
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by naijaking1: 4:49pm On Apr 22, 2012
Demdem:

Stop digressing foool. Spot audit on products claimed to have been brought into the country by fraudulent marketers and not NNPC in this case. Besides what transformation has the retardeen brought to the NNPC so far? KPMG report has been released for a long time now highlighting all these loopholes u mentioned, what has been done to correct all these anomalies?

When you say "retardeen" I hope you're looking at the mirrow?
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Demdem(m): 5:05pm On Apr 22, 2012
naijaking1:

[s]When you say "retardeen" I hope you're looking at the mirrow?[/s]

Pointless and not important. there are much more important things to be discussed on this thread than this trivial issue.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Iliveon: 6:16pm On Apr 22, 2012
I really dont think that GEJ will sack NOI maybe DAM. This is because NOI gives his administration some reputation in terms of seriousness with transforming the economy and sacking her would send negative message couple with the fact that GEJ has no strong political will to make critical decision. If I were NOI I would own up to my part the saga and apologies to Nigerians. DAM would likely go because she brings no reputation to the table. I have never liked GEJ because he comes across as a very weak person and a man with weak personality can not lead Nigeria successfully, but I would be his fan if he does what is deem right and follow the recommendation of the committee.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Demdem(m): 6:29pm On Apr 22, 2012
Iliveon: I really dont think that GEJ will sack NOI maybe DAM. This is because NOI gives his administration some reputation in terms of seriousness with transforming the economy and sacking her would send negative message couple with the fact that GEJ has no strong political will to make critical decision. If I were NOI I would own up to my part the saga and apologies to Nigerians. DAM would likely go because she brings no reputation to the table. I have never liked GEJ because he comes across as a very weak person and a man with weak personality can not lead Nigeria successfully, but I would be his fan if he does what is deem right and follow the recommendation of the committee.

Its up to the retardeen to do whatever. I see no credibility in someone jumping from one TV show to another selling and promoting lies. Anyway, thats my opinion though
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Iliveon: 6:45pm On Apr 22, 2012
@DEMDEM, let me advocate for NOI. Like I said in my other post that NOI was overwhelmed by the situation thereby failing to check every details given to her by the most corrupt people in government - civil servants and sugar-coated mouth politicians. I can pardon her for jumping from one TV prog to another not necessary lying but defending the policy that came out of the details she got from these people. Sincerely, I think she meant well for the economy(my thought)considering that fact that GEJ went begging her to be part of his govt. And thats why I said she should own up her part and apologies (she wont resign cos Nigerians dont resign from lucrative positions).
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Beaf: 6:45pm On Apr 22, 2012
Demdem:

Its up to the retardeen to do whatever. I see no credibility in someone jumping from one TV show to another selling and promoting lies. Anyway, thats my opinion though
[size=13pt]You always lovingly mention this "retardeen." Is he or she or it one of your beloved ancestors?
Beat the drum jare! Ge gu gu ge ge! And sing praises to Alhaji Adeleke [b]demdem [/b]Retardeen! grin[/size]

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/683289[/img]

Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by nduchucks: 6:55pm On Apr 22, 2012
^^^^ Ah Ah, which one is Adeleke again. oro ara oko Beaf yi ti su mi cheesy
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Beaf: 6:57pm On Apr 22, 2012
ndu_chucks: ^^^^ Ah Ah, which one is [b]Adeleke [/b]again. oro ara oko Beaf yi ti su mi cheesy
Demdems full name is Alhaji Adeleke demdem Retardeen nau! grin
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Demdem(m): 7:28pm On Apr 22, 2012
In addition to the sacking of these two compromised ministers, am also calling on the retardeen to consider the sacking of the aviation minister for this singular reason:

SEA PETROLEUM & GAS CO. LTD N1,019,571,609.00

SEA PETROLEUM & GAS CO. LTD is owned by the present Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah. Since her company has been indicted, does she still have moral justification to remain in govt

http://www.seapetrol.com/staffmgt.html
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Desola(f): 8:26pm On Apr 22, 2012
is anyone still questioning why OBJ did away with NOI? I suppose we have a better understanding of why now.

So sad!
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by nuclearboy(m): 7:15am On Apr 23, 2012
NOI is pathetic!

There's a budget of 245Billion. You are finance minister PLUS supposedly, you co-ordinate the entire economy and everyone must work with you!

Yet the cost gets to 245B and surpasses it and you keep quiet! It becomes 400% of that and you still keep quiet! Today we know it got to 2.7Trillion of which 1.7 was fraud! Yet the best this "prime minister" econoic "expert" could do was to hide the truth and decide that the best solution was worsen the economy by overloading the man on the street!

She should be ashamed of herself and be the first to go, not even DAM who always was a mediocre anyway!

Yet supposedly educated people are here trying to convince of her innocence forgetting that if she is innocent, that also suggests she is of low IQ and probably cheated to get the degrees.

Wole Soyinka got a 3rd class but in the real world got a Nobel! She has all these degrees & certifications yet allowed a 245billion budget to get to 2.7trillion! So what's the "real" value of her "education"? Trick or treat?
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 23, 2012
Kobojunkie:

How exactly did he turn against those you suggest are the monsters here? This administration REFUSED to investigate the many claims of corruption until the house of Assembly (NOT THE PRESIDENT) decided to probe the subsidy program. So, again I ask you, how did the Administration turn against the monsters?
Also bear in mind that the reveal now validates claims that the administration's own cabinet has been aware of, and turned a blind eye to, the corruption that has existed, and continues, in the subsidy program it has been in charge of running for the past 2 years. Goodluck Jonathan himself went on National TV to announce that there were no cabals but simply marketers doing their business in legitimate ways, taking advantage of opportunities provided them through the Government run program.

On Okonjo Iweala, well, she put herself at the center of the subsidy removal debacle. I could almost say she came up with the plan, but that is an aside. However, it is hard to forget the many false claims she made of the program, from the claim that ordinary Nigerians do not benefit, to her blunder on what fuel buses use,and her inability to answer questions on the details of the real cost of the subsidy project, even after the administration had removed it.
The investigation has revealed that a lot of the claims she made to Nigerian people, in support removal of subsidy where false, so, I am not certain how that ought to be handled, given this is Nigeria at the end of the day.

Kobo, Oya, I say smack these mugus one mo' time!

You nailed it!
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Nobody: 7:29am On Apr 23, 2012
karpentar: [b][/b]

My thinking too!!!! The oil cartels are largely from the Yoruba race. They will not rest till this Ibo woman - Ngozi Iweala and the Niger Delta woman are removed from office and replaced with a conniving thief. Useless tribalists!!! They never protested when their brother – OBJ, doubled as both the Nigerian president and minister of petroleum was bleeding the country dry through the same oil subsidy fraud. HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!!!!!!

You, my dear, deserve to have all your limbs chopped off and then the rest of your body thrown in a dark, cold forest to be feasted on by hungry hyenas and coyotes. You're too dumb, ignorant and uncivilized to live among modern men. Plus, you're too tribal to be allowed to die a non-violent death. What an imbe*cile to inject something as silly as tribalism to such a serious subject.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by CyberG: 7:45am On Apr 23, 2012
Money lost?

Money NO Lost! Nigerians say money NO Lost!

Nigerian money inside GEJ, NOI, Maduekwe, etc's personal pocket or stolen by their stupidity = money NO Lost!

Just like stealing government's money and keeping it inside a government official's personal pocket or his aides = money NO Lost, not corruption!

Even, the people who are dying on the streets, of hunger, frustration, etc but from the TRIBE of GEJ, NOI, Maduekwe say = MONEY NO LOST

Well, more power to all of YOU! I dey here, just enjoy una country!
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Demdem(m): 8:14am On Apr 23, 2012
nuclearboy: NOI is pathetic!

There's a budget of 245Billion. You are finance minister PLUS supposedly, you co-ordinate the entire economy and everyone must work with you!

Yet the cost gets to 245B and surpasses it and you keep quiet! It becomes 400% of that and you still keep quiet! Today we know it got to 2.7Trillion of which 1.7 was fraud! Yet the best this "prime minister" econoic "expert" could do was to hide the truth and decide that the best solution was worsen the economy by overloading the man on the street!

She should be ashamed of herself and be the first to go, not even DAM who always was a mediocre anyway!

Yet supposedly educated people are here trying to convince of her innocence forgetting that if she is innocent, that also suggests she is of low IQ and probably cheated to get the degrees.

Wole Soyinka got a 3rd class but in the real world got a Nobel! She has all these degrees & certifications yet allowed a 245billion budget to get to 2.7trillion! So what's the "real" value of her "education"? Trick or treat?

this i like.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 23, 2012
Ahhh, I see once again @Manny4life started coming up with crazy personal assumptions instead of facts.

And I see he got disgraced out of the thread as usual. . . .
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by nuclearboy(m): 9:31am On Apr 23, 2012
I don't get what makes many of us tick! When Bankole was indicted, Yorubas cried most! When OBJ was president, yorubas were the ones who opposed him most! It is instructive to note that aside the bayelsa dog who dressed as a woman, practically all those OBJ fought were his kinsmen!

So where do you get off supporting the most blatant and cruel despoil of Nigeria and the rationalizing of that just because the culprits are your kinsmen! Your children suffer, you are deprived, you lose on a daily basis yet you smile because its a kinsman who does it!

Talk about myopia - if he truly saw you as kin, would he do such?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG To Deploy Nuclear Technology To Eradicate Malaria – Daily Trust / FG Begins Cash Transfers To Vulnerable Households In Kogi, Sokoto / Osun Election: PDP Sets Up 128-Member Campaign Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.