Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ (11042 Views)

Diezani Alison-Madueke Released On Bail - TVC News / Diezani Alison-madueke’s Neighbours Relieved / Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Silva79(f): 2:57pm On Apr 20, 2012
[quote author=Demdem]HOUSE OF REPS FUEL SUBSIDY PROBE:

Farouk Lawan: what is Nigeria’s daily fuel consumption?

Diezieni: 52million Liters
NNPC: 35m liters
DPR: 43m liters
PPPRA: 24M liters
Okonjo: 40M liters

Farouk Lawan: What was the subsidy for 2011?

Diezieni: 1.4Trillion
Okonjo: 1.3Trillion
CBN: 1.7Trillion

Farouk Lawan: Can we have the KPMG REPORT?

Okonjo: I have to go through the report first
Diezieni: I have not seen the report

Farouk Lawan: What is the production capacity of our local refineries?’

NNPC: 30%
PPPRA: 20%
DPR: 13%
Diezieni: 15%

Farouk Lawan: Does Nigeria pay subsidy on locally refined Products?

Diezaini: it depends
NNPC: The lay man cannot understand how it’s done
PPPRA: yes
DPR: No

Farouk Lawan: Why is Kerosene still scarce?

Diezieni: Because its use by the aviation industry as aviation fuel
NNPC: Because there is no subsidy so NNPC overstretched its resources
PPPRA: it’s not properly deregulated

Farouk Lawan: what is the balance in the subsidy accounts?

Diezieni: it’s a virtual account grin grin
NNPC: There is no account in existence as the lay man will look at it
PPPRA: The account is a technical one
CBN: There is no account with us for subsidy
[b]Okonjo: The account exists but not with a bank. *hands on my head* MOGBE MOKU MODARAN may amadioha destroy diezani's generation. GEJ could u pls prove 2 nigerians u r existing?
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by oba009(m): 2:57pm On Apr 20, 2012
AFTER THE STRUGGLE THEY WILL MAKE THE LEADER ONE OF THE COMMITTEE ON OIL. LIKE THE TUC PRESIDENT. THEN STORY WILL END. NA TODAY

vic620: if they sack Okonjo Iweala who just resumed office three months to the subsidy protest will the appoint you? to hell with civil society bullshit. you think we don't know your pay masters
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Pukkah: 2:57pm On Apr 20, 2012
Where are all those knuckleheads that were defending the corrupt people?
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Demdem(m): 3:00pm On Apr 20, 2012
naijaking1:

Okonjo and Allison don't have to commit any offence at all for the paid agents of threatened oil merchants to pounce on them. The House committee led by Lawan is simply doing its constitutional duty: to investigate.
Has it completed it investigation, taken all evidence, listened to all witness, and presented it's finding to the whole house for a vote? Has the senate reconcilled its findings with the house? Has the house referred its finding to any investigative agency for police action. The answer to these questions remain, no , no, and NO.
Yet @poster wants a quick punishment before investigations are completed, sack them all he says.
we know there's an entrenched culture of corruption in the oil market since the 1970s, any attempt to remove even an iotha of this corruption is going to be resisted by the wealthy and mighty oil cabal.
If you watch recent postings by people who are bent on tarnishing Okonjo and Madueke's images, you won't be surprised that the same agents are here calling for their sack based on incomplete house findings or a so-called organised civil society request.

For ur info since u have refused to read, these are the demands of the Civil societies which i support and not my initiatives at all. The committe has completed its investigation and and has prepared their report. There is no minority report.
Secondly, do u mean the house report (after investigation) should be forwarded to the security agents controlled by this same govt that has been indicted for further investigation? nahhhh, i dont think a thorough job can be done by them. The Cabals which this govt and our security agents are afraid of have been exposed. Let the House reconcile its report with that of the senate which i know will also be damning and let actio be taken based on the consolidated report.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Koolking(m): 3:02pm On Apr 20, 2012
NOI goofed big time. she is part of the corruption that got Nigeria submerged in unwarranted poverty due to the recent oil imbroglio. I expected her [i]([s]as a sane person then] when she took up the appointed to recommend to the presidency the prosecution of the oil sector thieves, and not her blatant option of subsidy removal. She decided to do the last thing first and now struggling to do the first thing last.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Werehkpe: 3:16pm On Apr 20, 2012
Demdem: HOUSE OF REPS FUEL SUBSIDY PROBE:

Okonjo: The account exists but not with a bank. grin grin

MAKE UNA C ABRACADABRA Oooooooooooooo! Na Okonjo ansa funny me pass.

D account de but not with a bank. Na inside her house d account de? LWKMD oo!

infact "TMLWKMD" To Much Laff Wan Kill Me Die o
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by deprince0(m): 3:22pm On Apr 20, 2012
Please let us not throw stones about the bush.. The truth is that the President is corrupt and aswell an agent of corruption. My heart bleeds for nigeria. His allies are corrupt. Jonathan is not going to prosecute even an ant among them. how can he probe them? can someone who couldn't cure himself of diarrhea, cure another of the same fate. Even the civil society group are corrupt. Let them stop deceiving innocent souls. Our men in govt are without souls. It is hightime we understood this.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by yemmyma: 3:23pm On Apr 20, 2012
manny4life:

Like there's been sanity in that downstream sector in past administrations?

Yeah he made a wrongful comments about Yoruba's, I admit, but don't blame this one on "American degree holders", a nation which is corrupt, will always breed corrupt individuals.

I am not generally condemning American degree holders, what i am saying is that holding a degree from Yankee should not make you a sacred cow in government. It definitely does not mean you know it all. Nigeria has to look beyond the degree at this time. Let me give you examples.

Allison Maduekwe - Whether she has been caught red handed or not, intuition will tell us that she is either not capable of steering that sector or she is corrupt.
Dimeji Bankole - U.K degree holder with phonetics fighting in the house and embezzling already for his unborn generation
Dr Iweala - Of course, i won't accuse her of corruption, but i bet she can't do anything to save Nigeria. You wanna know why? She just can't. If you saw her interrogation during the pension scheme probe, you will see what i mean by seeing this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiHL8FpLHlE&feature=relmfu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k68VcawQKY&feature=relmfu
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by bittyend(m): 3:35pm On Apr 20, 2012
I don't like these people with funny names.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by obihi: 3:52pm On Apr 20, 2012
Let us look back to the classroom when we study public policy.1 public policy at the application level 2 and at the theoritical level.what we are facing in nigeria is internationaly economic transmitted desease(i.e.t.d).i strongly support the cal to sack those imp,because even if they remove d subsidy totaly because of d so call cartel.how does it benefit d masses?they are no laid down structure to do this and if any govt"wants try it let there be structural policy to take care of it.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by naijaking1: 3:59pm On Apr 20, 2012
bittyend: [size=13pt]Thieves are born and raised on the east of river niger - I'll never forget the Ibo guy who eloped to Nigeria, from London with my £3,000, and my British passport... Never trust anyone born on that side of Nigeria, and I'll always hate those monkeys.. They should have left them in the forest..[/size]

Oh, oh, sorry for your plight. This is not a court of law, and you'll do yourself a World of good by venting your frustration through a better channel instead of posting supposed anti-Igbo articles that question your own sanity. How about going for some sort of psychological counseling to get to the root of these personal problems.
Rememeber what Fraud said about the ID, Ego, and super-ego.
Get help quick!!!!
Get help now!!!
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by gregg2: 4:01pm On Apr 20, 2012
yemmy_ma:

I am not generally condemning American degree holders, what i am saying is that holding a degree from Yankee should not make you a sacred cow in government. It definitely does not mean you know it all. Nigeria has to look beyond the degree at this time. Let me give you examples.

Allison Maduekwe - Whether she has been caught red handed or not, intuition will tell us that she is either not capable of steering that sector or she is corrupt.
Dimeji Bankole - U.K degree holder with phonetics fighting in the house and embezzling already for his unborn generation
Dr Iweala - Of course, i won't accuse her of corruption, but i bet she can't do anything to save Nigeria. You wanna know why? She just can't. If you saw her interrogation during the pension scheme probe, you will see what i mean by seeing this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiHL8FpLHlE&feature=relmfu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k68VcawQKY&feature=relmfu

I have watched the two videos.

Pls you tell us what is wrong with her responses to those cross-examinations.
For me, she was right on point.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Demdem(m): 4:03pm On Apr 20, 2012
Ethnic warriors, this thread isnt ur playground. Abegiii, carry ur madness elsewhere, biko.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by yemmyma: 4:13pm On Apr 20, 2012
gregg2:

If you read my comment about her, it said she can't save Nigeria. Of course, the interrogation has other parts but can't post everything. She should bring in policies to stop this kind of things from happening under her.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by bittyend(m): 4:16pm On Apr 20, 2012
naijaking1:

Oh, oh, sorry for your plight. This is not a court of law, and you'll do yourself a World of good by venting your frustration through a better channel instead of posting supposed anti-Igbo articles that question your own sanity. How about going for some sort of psychological counseling to get to the root of these personal problems.
Rememeber what Fraud said about the ID, Ego, and super-ego.
Get help quick!!!!
Get help now!!!

Don't derail the thread.. I still don't you lot, and your funny names. undecided
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by chucky234(m): 4:21pm On Apr 20, 2012
I wonder how Nigerians reason and that why we will never get out of where we are today because we are blinded to the truth by hatred and sentiment.
Okojo-Iwala suddenly turn a saint because she was nominated for president of the world bank,people now fail to see her part in the subsidy removal.
She was at the center of the whole subsidy thing but people are quick to forget that,if she was not in support of the whole thing she would have resigned and tell Nigerians what was going on in government but instead she pioneered the removal of the subsidy by educating Nigerians how they will benefit from the removal of fuel subsidy.
Four months after the removal of subsidy we have not record any improvement from the subsidy money instead governors are fighting for me allocation from the FG account,we had about $30bn in reserve in January but right now we have just $3bn in foriegn reserve..
Okojo-Iwela and Alison-Maduekwe should be relieved of their posts as finance ministers and petroleum ministers respectively,they have done more harm than good to the economy of this nation.
NLanders where quick to point to the fact that she resumed office in September but failed to remember that this same NOI served under OBJ government and we all know what happened.
Between September and December 2011 was enough to study the files and the account she was inheriting as finance minister and the fact that she spearheaded the removal of the subsidy alongside Sanusi Lamido shows that she was part of the whole subsidy removal thing,a finance minister who openly confirmed on national Television stations that the subsidy account existed but not in a bank and were unable to give us the exact figure spent financing the subsidy is not worthy of her post and should be relieved of her duties with immediate effect.
We are both from Delta state but that will never stop me from calling a spade a spade and the earlier we do away with tribal sentiment the better for this nation.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Demdem(m): 4:38pm On Apr 20, 2012
^^^^^^^
very Sane Post.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by 1025: 4:54pm On Apr 20, 2012
naijaking1: Civil society or some paid activists working for some oil cartel?

@naijaking,
and you are working for jonathan abi? what has the additional N32 per litre changed in nigeria since january?
where are those promises made in line with this increment? was okonjo iweala not the minister of finance under oabasanjo when nigeria lost all those money to corruption?
alison madueke was the same minister of works that cried on lagos - ore - benin road, did that change anything under her? abati was the same idiot that wrote critically in his book against removal of fuel subsidy only in 2009. labrown mako led a protest in 1986 against the removal of fuel subsidy only to tell us this year that he was sponsored. how can such hypocrites be leaders over us? or are u not aware that as the wife of bayelsa state gov, our current first lady was charged by ribadu led efcc over $13m fraud/money laundry?
my happiness as i write now is that jonathan could not win the benin republic president over the ecowas chairman and okonjo iweala lost out on world bank presidency. these are signs that no matter how we praise these criminals here, the world knows they are like beasts and cannot rule over normal ppl.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Kobojunkie: 5:07pm On Apr 20, 2012
gregg2:

Could you please enlighten us by telling us where exactly she was on point in those videos? I happen to be one of those who sat 2 hours, here in the US, watching the live feed back in January 2012, and in those 2 hours, I failed to hear any points as you claim. So please, do us the favor by pointing them out . . . if not for anything else, at least to shame those of us who hung our heads in shame after watching that video feed back in January.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Kilode1: 5:38pm On Apr 20, 2012
What these "civil society" groups are demanding for is accountability. I can't understand why any sane Nigerian should be opposed to that.

As for the Senate, a senate where the ruling party has a comfortable majority, the same party that appointed these people? They only foooool themselves if they cannot compel the executive to implement every sensible recommendation in these reports and punish the public officials and private businesses responsible for these frauds.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Kilode1: 5:41pm On Apr 20, 2012
1025:

@naijaking,
and you are working for jonathan abi? what has the additional N32 per litre changed in nigeria since january?
where are those promises made in line with this increment? was okonjo iweala not the minister of finance under oabasanjo when nigeria lost all those money to corruption?
alison madueke was the same minister of works that cried on lagos - ore - benin road, did that change anything under her? abati was the same idiot that wrote critically in his book against removal of fuel subsidy only in 2009. labrown mako led a protest in 1986 against the removal of fuel subsidy only to tell us this year that he was sponsored. how can such hypocrites be leaders over us?.

True.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by kooto(m): 5:50pm On Apr 20, 2012

They may not be thieves, but it's obvious there are problems, people in the sector could delibrately feed them with wrong figures so that when they present it & it is compared they will look stupid,liers, thieves so that people loose confidence in them, on the other hand they too will be embarrassed & will consider leaving.whereas the real thieves know these people are thorns in their flesh.it happens like this atimes.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Demdem(m): 6:15pm On Apr 20, 2012
@kooto, it still boils down to the fact that they are incompetent managers. Before selling all those lies to nigerians, they ought to have done their homework well. This they failed in miserably.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Degis(m): 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2012
A-ZeD:

Tomorrow you will say you are educated.... bloody ediot

Don't mind the tribal warlord, it is so obvious that He has been smoking weed lately
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by naijaking1: 6:39pm On Apr 20, 2012
1025:

@naijaking,
alison madueke was the same minister of works that cried on lagos - ore - benin road, did that change anything under her? abati was the same idiot that wrote critically in his book against removal of fuel subsidy only in 2009. labrown mako led a protest in 1986 against the removal of fuel subsidy only to tell us this year that he was sponsored. how can such hypocrites be leaders over us? or are u not aware that as the wife of bayelsa state gov, our current first lady was charged by ribadu led efcc over $13m fraud/money laundry?
my happiness as i write now is that jonathan could not win the benin republic president over the ecowas chairman and okonjo iweala lost out on world bank presidency. these are signs that no matter how we praise these criminals here, the world knows they are like beasts and cannot rule over normal ppl.

No, no, no I don't work for GEJ, and neither am I without my own complaints about his government. However, I'm more sophisticated than your average Joe who would jump unto the bandwagon of let's get them, let's kill them, and let's sack them. The last time we heard this type of song was in 2009 when Sanusi"uncovered" massive fraud in the banks. He replaced the bank CEOs with 'angels' some of whom are not only facing worse accussations of fraud than the previous managers, but also even murder allegations.
When the fox steals a chicken, it helps him to divert attention, make noise, and chase and hunt the sheep for the same crime, as a tactic for covering up his own crime.
If you have been following N/L very closely, you would know that any article posted by DEMDEM, KILODE, or BITTYEND, or any of those hired or biased acn vs oil cabal supporters would eventually prove to be baseless. This group has elevated the art of deception, personal attacks, and innuendos on the person of Ms Madueke and Okonjo into an art form. When they're not describing her expensive underwear, they'll be focused on her handbag, or her step son, or her house in Vienna that doesn't exist. Don't take my word for it, look at their profile. They have an ulterior motive to destroy these women with lies and falsehood, so that somehow the ladies would be distracted from cleaning up the oil sector that has rotten for the past 40 years.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Kobojunkie: 6:43pm On Apr 20, 2012
According to Jonathan Goodluck, there is NO OIL CABAL (aired December 23rd 2011 on Channels TV). . . there are simply Oil merchants LEGALLY taking advantage of the Petroleum subsidy problem run by an incompetentGovernment. This is exactly what the House probe has finally revealed.

If the Government end of this had not itself been steeped in corruption, we would not be where we are today with this. I honestly believe this gives us a clue into the reason why the Administration vehemently refused to investigate any of the so called Cabal members beforehand. It probably knew that much of the problem has always been at the government end of things.

Now we have information to work with, it remains to be seen whether the administration will take action, and finally tackle corruption in the subsidy problem, or if it will be business as usual.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Afam4eva(m): 6:51pm On Apr 20, 2012
What has Ngozi Okonjo Iweala done that people are calling for her head. I've noticed that Nigerians like looking for scape goats even when the culprit is staring them in the face. Buncha cowards.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Beaf: 6:59pm On Apr 20, 2012
The life of a winsh must be very hard indeed! See how desperate they are over the two strong women that are flogging their hairy arses out of town! grin
Association of thieves fighting the police.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Demdem(m): 7:01pm On Apr 20, 2012
naijaking1:

No, no, no I don't work for GEJ, and neither am I without my own complaints about his government. However, I'm more sophisticated than your average Joe who would jump unto the bandwagon of let's get them, let's kill them, and let's sack them. The last time we heard this type of song was in 2009 when Sanusi"uncovered" massive fraud in the banks. He replaced the bank CEOs with 'angels' some of whom are not only facing worse accussations of fraud than the previous managers, but also even murder allegations.
When the fox steals a chicken, it helps him to divert attention, make noise, and chase and hunt the sheep for the same crime, as a tactic for covering up his own crime.
If you have been following N/L very closely, you would know that any article posted by DEMDEM, KILODE, or BITTYEND, or any of those hired or biased acn vs oil cabal supporters would eventually prove to be baseless. This group has elevated the art of deception, personal attacks, and innuendos on the person of Ms Madueke and Okonjo into an art form. When they're not describing her expensive underwear, they'll be focused on her handbag, or her step son, or her house in Vienna that doesn't exist. Don't take my word for it, look at their profile. They have an ulterior motive to destroy these women with lies and falsehood, so that somehow the ladies would be distracted from cleaning up the oil sector that has rotten for the past 40 years.

[b]Mmoron, if truly and indeed u are the son of ur father and not an hopeless bastard kindly substantiate those miserable allegation of urs by revealing any article i posted that is baseless (either on this thread or prevous threads), also reveal from any post of mine that suggest i am ACN and other allegations levelled against me. If u cant, u should be ashamed of ursef iidiot and accept the fact that u are indeed very daft
atimes i wonder how some peeps think? why is it that if anyone doesnt share their opinion about issues then such definately have a hidden agenda or a bigot of such. must we all reason the same way? why should my opinion be a distraction for these ladies from doing a thorough job?
I have nothing personal against any govt official including these incompetent foools, their sacking wont even add any penny to my fortune however that wont stop me from crying foul if i see one. i have seen one, likewise NLers and am voicing out and u are talking thrash
Sophisticated my foot[/b]
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Beaf: 7:05pm On Apr 20, 2012
naijaking1:

You hit it on the head, bro. One name that is left out is the big mor0n, called alj haram.
Its hard to understand how people can be so desperate that they lie so easily. Its a nest of hyena's fighting for crime and corruption to prevail.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Demdem(m): 7:06pm On Apr 20, 2012
afam4eva: What has Ngozi Okonjo Iweala done that people are calling for her head. I've noticed that Nigerians like looking for scape goats even when the culprit is staring them in the face. Buncha cowards.

Ngozi's offence (Likewise madueke) is to continue to allow high level corruption to continue under them and selling Lies to Nigerians as suggested by the house report. It shows they are simply imcompetent for the office they are occupying. I dont care who replaces them, be it from Igboland or naijadelta as long as these are competent fellows.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Afam4eva(m): 7:08pm On Apr 20, 2012
Demdem:

Ngozi's offence (Likewise madueke) is to continue to allow high level of corruption to continue under them and selling Lies to Nigerians as suggested by the house report. It shows they are simply imcompetent for the office they are occupying. I dont care who replaces them, be it from Igboland or naijadelta as long as these are competent fellows.

I guess by this statement, you're implying that apart from these two, the other ministers are doing really well and Jonathan too, he's the best president we've ever had.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Truck Drivers Block Road In Kogi, Protest N10,000 Daily Tax By State Government / Female Suicide Bomber Kills 10 Worshippers In Maiduguri Mosque / No S/east Governor Has Allocated Land For RUGA Settlement - Archbishop Chukwuma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.