Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,326 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive - Health (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive (197632 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by kingsmama: 12:07am On Aug 28, 2016
Twinmummy2, we are glad to have u here. Now, that's the spirit! Keep up the good work. But u haven't log ur lunch and dinner. Just like fruitfulvine said, portion control is key. Also avoid sugar, soft drinks and u know the rest...

Aug 27th
Breakfast: water
Afternoon: more water and water melon ( didn't feel like eating)
Evening: small pieces of liver, ponmo and two balls of amala.
Snacked on 1/2 gala

N.B: Weighed 75.2kg this morning. Feel lighter. Belly looks flat now. Been having 2nos bowel movement since I started the castor oil massage done twice per day without the hot water part.

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by fruitfulvine: 8:23am On Aug 28, 2016
Hi kingsmama, good to have you back and glad to know you are good, wow! you are progressing gradually, keep it up Dear, you will sure get there.
I have not weighed since I started but I feel lighter already and I love the feeling.
Yesterday's meal
8am: Lemon water
11am: 2 big moi moi
2pm: orange juice
4pm: fruit salad
7pm: Jollof rice/ fish
Do have a great weekend ahead.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by twinmummy2: 2:43pm On Aug 28, 2016
Thank you fruitfulvinE n kingsmama
Yesterday afternoon - cooked groundnut and cooked maize

Evening - small beans with scent leaf stew

Today morning - drnak pap and acv mixed with honey

Afternoon - beans with vegetable
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by kingsmama: 11:22pm On Aug 28, 2016
My pips, how's ur Sunday, did it rain in your area too?

Morning: yam porriadge
Afternoon: rice and beans and veg, chicken, round fish and liver
Drink: tigernut, date and coconut smoothie
Night: 1no cucumber and water
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by kandywandy: 11:26pm On Aug 28, 2016
There are lots of gain and benefit in lossing weight .check this http://www.kandywandy.com/2014/06/the-benefits-of-losing-weight.html

kandywandy

www.kandywandy.com
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by twinmummy2: 8:17pm On Aug 29, 2016
Yesterday evening ate beans
Night - roasted corn

Today morning - drink only water
Afternoon - quaker oat
Night - small semo with Ora soup
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by kingsmama: 11:31am On Aug 30, 2016
Yesterday's meal
Breakfast: 1/4 cucumber, 1 boiled egg and water
Afternoon: snacked on tigernut
Dinner: eba with ewedu soup and 3 round fish

Where art thou fruitfulvine, come out o

Twinmummy2, u doing pretty well. Well done wink
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by fruitfulvine: 12:16pm On Aug 30, 2016
Hi kingsmama, don't mind me, too much to do that I forgot to post, how are u doing today, hope you are still on track, don't give up, we will get there.

29th August

Breakfast : 2 moi moi
Lunch: banana/carrot/coconut smoothie
Dinner: Garden eggs/apple/green tea

@twinmummy2, hope you are doing well, pls come out and post o
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by twinmummy2: 10:12pm On Aug 30, 2016
@fruitfulvine am trying small small
@kingsmama thank you.
You two are doing well well

Today Breakfast - 1 small moi moi
Afternoon - beans with fish
Night - smoothie
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by ozycy: 11:55pm On Aug 30, 2016
Hope am allowed to participate in this weight loss program? Am not ttc dou.

Weighed up to 80kg few months ago but down to 74kg at the moment. Hoping to weigh 70kg at least. I hope I can reach my target.
I do more of exercise (walk) and portion control/ dieting.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by ozycy: 11:59pm On Aug 30, 2016
ozycy:
I wish we can post pictures of our food just before eating it. I think it will help ginger some people and make the thread more active.
Just like the rice picture up there, am so so going to prepare it. That's the spirit grin
I just dug up this my old post. I didn't prepare that rice o lol
I totally forgot. I think I will still give it a try.
Thanks kingsmama for posting some pictures, it's really helpful.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by fruitfulvine: 10:04am On Aug 31, 2016
Hi kingsmama and twinmummy2, hope you are all doing great

yesterday meal
Breakfast: moi moi/ greentea/lemon

Lunch: Jollof rice/fish

Dinner: 1 small meatpie/tea

longer throat no gree me resist meatpie jhoor.

Hi ozycy, welcome, we are glad to have you join us, let's work together to make our weight loss goal a success.
I like the suggestion of posting pics of meal, it will really make the thread more interesting and all

Have a great day you all.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by ozycy: 9:43pm On Aug 31, 2016
31/8/2016
Morning: lemon water
: about 4mile walk plus other light exercise when I got back home.

Afternoon: #100 cooked groundnut. I didn't eat it at once. Kept eating it from around 1-3pm then my yard people cheesy helped me finish it.

Evening: 2 medium size moi moi with half egg in each. Me and my yard pple ate it shaa. So I literally ate about 1&half of it.

Evening: walked same distance I walked in the morning. 4miles

Night: I licked little okro soup with 2 small piece of beef.
I think am seeing 73kg in the scale when I checked this evening grin

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by ozycy: 9:44pm On Aug 31, 2016
Thank you fruitfulvine
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by kingsmama: 10:43pm On Aug 31, 2016
30th August

Lunch: 3 slices of yam made into a porridge with ugu leaf and palm oil
Evening: 1 cucumber
Snacked on groundnut and tigernut
Dinner: smoothie ( cabbage, carrots, ginger,cucumber, dates,green onion and yogurt)

Today 31st August

Morning: remaining smoothie of yesterday
Afternoon: 1 cucumber
Evening: small bread and water
Night: 2 round fish

Ozycy, u doing great already. Let's do this together. I expected to see pics of ur meals. Pls post o.

Twinmummy2, haven't heard from u, what's up?

Fruitfulvine, 2 koboko for eating meatpie..... grin
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by twinmummy2: 11:14pm On Aug 31, 2016
Ozycy you are welcome, keep it up you are on point.

Kingsmama n fruitfulvine it is not easy ooo but am trying

Morning - small pap with akara

Afternoon - crackers biscuit and water

Evening - N100 cooked groundnut
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by ozycy: 11:22pm On Aug 31, 2016
Here it is.
Moi moi
Okro soup

2 Likes

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by fruitfulvine: 6:36pm On Sep 01, 2016
Hi my people, how are you all doing? I have been a bit busy lately and not able to post all my meals.
31st August

Breakfast: indomie/veggies and egg
Lunch: Coconut/carrot/banana smoothie
Dinner: Moimoi and green tea

pic of my breakfast

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by twinmummy2: 10:45pm On Sep 01, 2016
morning - 1 wrap of moi moi

Afternoon - beans with veg n fish

Snack - cooked groundnut

Evening - lick orah soup
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Origin(f): 12:01pm On Sep 02, 2016
Eat whatever you want but reduce portion sizes. Don't eat anything in a nylon or bottle or that has expiry date. Let most meals be fresh. Local rice is the bomb. Increase fruits and veggies. Drop car keys walk. The sun is your best friend.

Stop stress, go for massage(deep body or by local women). Exercise. Take the fun way of doing things and maintain it.

The sugar and fat content in package and processed goods are just too much. Puff puff and indomie is not a type of food.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Rogo: 1:29pm On Sep 02, 2016
DO YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO SUFFERS THE FOLLOWING THE CHALLENGES

HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE

WEAK ATTENTION

TYPHOID AND MALARIA

DETOXIFIES THE KIDNEY

MENSTRUATION PROBLEMS

FIBROID

JOINT, WAIST AND BACK PAINS

INFERTILITY BOTH MEN AND WOMEN

GONORRHEA

ARTHRITIS..

STAPHYLOCOCCUS...

TONES THE LIVER

SYPHILIS AND PILE..

AND MANY MORE

TO ORDER FOR A CARTON OF RUZU BITTERS OR A BOTTLES CALL/SMS/WHTSAPP: 08055157644
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by ozycy: 10:17pm On Sep 02, 2016
Yesterday meal 1/9

6:15am:lemon water
6:20am: my usual very long walk
: Scavenged some piece of sweet potatoes lipsrsealed
- one tiny piece of garden egg
11am: plantain porridge with loads of ugu leaf and scent leave, gizzard , dryfish.
4pm: one medium cucumber
6pm: same distance long walk.
Night: one big Apple

Today's meal

6:25am long walk
10:30am Lipton and skimmed milk + 2 scrambled egg with few drops of oil. Small bread.
7:40pm leftover plantain porridge
Now: lemon+ginger water

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by legendsmother(f): 11:36pm On Sep 02, 2016
@ozycy I admire u a lot from pregnancy thread wow, anytin u do u do very well smiley smiley nice am taking down notes all d best on ur weight loss journey I am goin to b more drastic prolly fruits for 6days a week nd sunday my cheat day dats d only way I can strike a balance lol

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by ozycy: 11:52pm On Sep 02, 2016
Thank you legendmother.

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by ozycy: 10:49pm On Sep 03, 2016
Today's meal
6:30am lemon ginger water
Long walk
1:30pm : beans and potato porridge and fish
Night: 2big garden egg and groundnut
Lemon water.
My scale is bad now so can't check weight.
I just hope by the time I check next I would have attained 70kg.
Fvine, where art thou
All of you have gone OYO, issnorfair
Come and ginger me o.
I like the way am reporting here cos it makes me to always be on track knowing fully well that I will come and give daily report.
Nobody wants to submit a bad report after a task you know lol wink

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by fruitfulvine: 8:11am On Sep 04, 2016
Hi everyone, sorry I have been mia
1st September

10am: Lemon water
12am: moi moi and fish
3pm: garden eggs
6pm: small fried rice/chicken

2nd Sept.

Breakfast: Greentea/lemon/2 boiled eggs
lunch: small wrap of EBA and plenty vegetable soup
Dinner: Green smoothie/ cashew but
snack: garden egg/ peanuts

3rd sept.
Breakfast : Boiled Irish potatoes/ vegetable in egg sauce
Lunch: Watermelon/ coconut/yorgurt smoothie
Dinner: few pieces of unripe boiled plantain/veg

kingsmama and twinmummy2, where are you guys, hope u doing fine, we need you here.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 10:32am On Sep 04, 2016
ozycy:
Today's meal
6:30am lemon ginger water
Long walk
1:30pm : beans and potato porridge and fish
Night: 2big garden egg and groundnut
Lemon water.
My scale is bad now so can't check weight.
I just hope by the time I check next I would have attained 70kg.
Fvine, where art thou
All of you have gone OYO, issnorfair
Come and ginger me o.
I like the way am reporting here cos it makes me to always be on track knowing fully well that I will come and give daily report.
Nobody wants to submit a bad report after a task you know lol wink
Nne I dey oh. I stopped posting when E come be like say na only me dey thread and thread don turn to my diary. Well done and keep logging here. I'll start too, knowing that someone else is here with me.

Discovered that am now a perfect Size 12. Bought a Blue Size 12 Jeans yesterday. Woot Woot! Next target is Size 10 on or before 1st October which is my Church Wedding Anniversary.

Abeg forget weight and scale, just use tailors tape and take your measurements or use a dress or Jean and then re-measure using your choice measurement next time. Dress Sizes and Measurements are more accurate/perfect measures than scale. I no send my scale again because at my current weight before now, I was a Size 14/15 and yesterday at same weight am a Size 12.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 10:37am On Sep 04, 2016
fruitfulvine:
Hi my people, how are you all doing? I have been a bit busy lately and not able to post all my meals.
31st August

Breakfast: indomie/veggies and egg
Lunch: Coconut/carrot/banana smoothie
Dinner: Moimoi and green tea

pic of my breakfast
Well done Gurl! but ditch the Noodles (Indomie), nothing good about it whether you make with plenty veggies and protein or not. It's all Flour and Oil. You can just fry Eggs and Veggies as your breakfast. That will just be perfect.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 11:01am On Sep 04, 2016
@ All, Lemon water is the best but Ginger/Lemon water is the bummest grin . Also keeps cold and cough away. See pic on directions attached in case you want to give it a trial.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by fruitfulvine: 12:55pm On Sep 04, 2016
Fvine:
@ All, Lemon water is the best but Ginger/Lemon water is the bummest grin . Also keeps cold and cough away. See pic on directions attached in case you want to give it a trial.

I should try lemon and ginger tomorrow morning

I try very much not to cut out any food I eat completely so that I won't miss it too much and go back to over doing it, so moderation is key for me with every kind of food I eat, I have not eaten noodles in like a month. Thanks for for tip anyway.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2016
frankdoho:
@ Fine,pls I am on antibiotics,can I do the egg fast or wait till I am done....
Fertility Blessing sss.
Hi, hope you've joined the healthy weight and healthy lifestyle band wagon. Yes you can do the Egg Fast anytime. But Egg Fast is just for weight crashing and quite extreme. You need to make a plan on your long term healthy lifestyle. Other weight loss methods which I've posted here includes A 3 week Menu plan I got from www.africanweightloss.com and the Ketogenic diet which is actually a long term plan. A healthy lifestyle way of eating. I recommend the Nigerian Keto support group on Facebook called Keto Chef.

You made a mistake on my Moniker, it's Fvine not Fine. You missed out the V and that's why I didn't see the mention.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 6:20pm On Sep 04, 2016
kingsmama:
Twinmummy2, we are glad to have u here. Now, that's the spirit! Keep up the good work. But u haven't log ur lunch and dinner. Just like fruitfulvine said, portion control is key. Also avoid sugar, soft drinks and u know the rest...

Aug 27th
Afternoon: more water and water melon ( didn't feel like eating)
Evening: small pieces of liver, ponmo and two balls of amala.
Snacked on 1/2 gala

N.B: Weighed 75.2kg this morning. Feel lighter. Belly looks flat now. Been having 2nos bowel movement since I started the castor oil massage done twice per day without the hot water part.
Am losing weight but my tummy is not getting the weight loss message. Abeg how do you do the Castor Oil Massage without the hot water pack? Just massaging in the oil in circular motion? Kindly clarify.

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (83) (Reply)

Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation / The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Masturbation / I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.