Stats: 3,154,078 members, 7,821,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive - Health (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive (198048 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 5:42am On May 22, 2016
tollu:
Hi dear, was there any drama? I dont contribute, just pick the information I need and keep it moving. No energy for women wahala.

Here's the link: http://www.livingspacesng.com/product-category/lchf/
She doesn't sell stevia tho, if you find that, please let me know. Cheers
Thanks Dear. I don't like the energy and ambience in the group and that of the group owner as well. I thought I could just do what you're doing but I just couldn't bear all the drama, her high-handedness and arrogance. I told myserlf i can do all my learnings from Ketochef, LCHF Tips and Recipes and other online blogs and websites. The owner acts like a mini god that must be worshipped & I detest that kind of attitude. So I just respected myself & left the group. I absolutely love Ketochef group, their way and their activities. I also love that they have a shop in Nigeria.

You can buy Liquid Stevia from Ketochef or powdered Stevia from GNC Shop at Opebi or any in your city but I learnt that d liquid Stevia is much better. Ketochef also sells other commodities that this lady doesn't. Am actually interested in Psyllium Husk. Ketochef doesn't have that. I plan on visiting the Ketochef shop on Friday when I'll be in Ikeja. Happy new week.

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by tollu: 12:52pm On May 22, 2016
Fvine:

Thanks Dear. I don't like the energy and ambience in the group and that of the group owner as well. I thought I could just do what you're doing but I just couldn't bear all the drama, her high-handedness and arrogance. I told myserlf i can do all my learnings from Ketochef, LCHF Tips and Recipes and other online blogs and websites. The owner acts like a mini god that must be worshipped & I detest that kind of attitude. So I just respected myself & left the group. I absolutely love Ketochef group, their way and their activities. I also love that they have a shop in Nigeria.

You can buy Liquid Stevia from Ketochef or powdered Stevia from GNC Shop at Opebi or any in your city but I learnt that d liquid Stevia is much better. Ketochef also sells other commodities that this lady doesn't. Am actually interested in Psyllium Husk. Ketochef doesn't have that. I plan on visiting the Ketochef shop on Friday when I'll be in Ikeja. Happy new week.

I feel you totally. The Ketochef group is heaps of fun and easier to fall in love with.
I got ketosticks from Ketochef sometime back, will visit again soon. Thanks for the heads up.

Any idea on where on can find erythritol? Still weighing my options between that and stevia.

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 3:11pm On May 22, 2016
tollu:

I feel you totally. The Ketochef group is heaps of fun and easier to fall in love with.
I got ketosticks from Ketochef sometime back, will visit again soon. Thanks for the heads up.

Any idea on where on can find erythritol? Still weighing my options between that and stevia.
Ketochef also sells that. You can just check up to know if she has it in stock. I plan to chat her up within the week to confirm the items I want and then go pick them up on Friday hopefully.

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by tollu: 6:33pm On May 22, 2016
Fvine:

Ketochef also sells that. You can just check up to know if she has it in stock. I plan to chat her up within the week to confirm the items I want and then go pick them up on Friday hopefully.

Aii dear, thanks.

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 7:50am On May 28, 2016
Starting an Egg Fast today. Gonna stay on it till I reach my goal. Will be playing with several recipes to keep me on track and see me through. I'll report back. I need to get healthier and sexier : D plus being distracted from ttc
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Miracle212(f): 8:26am On May 28, 2016
Fvine:
Starting an Egg Fast today. Gonna stay on it till I reach my goal. Will be playing with several recipes to keep me on track and see me through. I'll report back. I need to get healthier and sexier : D plus being distracted from ttc
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 9:43am On May 29, 2016
Fvine:
Hi, I know this thread was last active 2nd Feb but I still felt the need to post what helped me lose 14kg over 4months just like I posted on the ttc thread. it's called the Egg Fast Diet and did it for 10days each each and the days am not doing it I eat a Low Carb, High Fat, High Protein Diet. NO PURCHASE of any slimming product required, NO EXERCISE required so don't force yourself of you cant.

EGG FAST DIET DETAILS (Copied from the Facebook Group with some editions and
insertions of what I did)

*INSTRUCTIONS: READ THIS FIRST (this was created by Jimmy Moore, a 289 lb /
135.45kg man, so adjust it to suit yourself).
He called this his "egg fest" and yes we call it an egg fast because we are fasting from
other food groups.

1. Must eat eggs as the primary source of fat and protein. (no meat just egg)
2. 1 tablespoon of butter (Real Butter Squares found in Supermarket Fridges) or
Mayonnaise or Coconut Oil or Olive Oil to be taken per Egg consumed.
3. I must eat an egg no later than 30 minutes after waking (NOT COMPULSORY)
4. The egg meals ideally should be eaten every 3 hours, but not more than every 5
hours. (NOT COMPULSORY) Eat when you feel like it.
5. I will follow this schedule even if I'm not hungry, however I'll only have 1 egg when
that happens. (NOT COMPULSORY)
6. Cheese will be permitted up to one ounce per egg. (real cheese only). (NOT
ADVISABLE TO EAT CHEESES, can cause stall or weight gain in a some people)
7. A minimum of a half-dozen eggs must be consumed daily. This means 6eggs
Minimum and No Maximum.
8. The eggs will be local pastured eggs loaded with healthy omega-3 fats and vitamin
D. (this was his personal preference) (NOT COMPULSORY, ANY CHICKEN EGG IS FINE)
9. Egg consumption will cease three hours before bedtime. (NOT COMPULSORY, EAT
IF YOU'RE HUNGRY)
10. Diet soda (Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi, Diet Seven Up, LaCasera Soda, Sans Cream Soda,
H2O etc) will be allowed up to 3 cans daily with a goal of 1 or less. (Don't drink this
daily if you can)
*there is not a maximum amount of eggs to eat in a day however like anything just use
common sense and adapt to your own needs.
11. Drink your water... 6-8 glasses a day minimum.
12. Keep up your salt and vitamins/supplements including magnesium & potassium. (I
wasn't on any multivitamin when I did mine sha, so just continue with your ttc
multivitamin)
** We add BPC and mayo to the list here as we are high fat low carbers here.
This may be difficult if you are not already used to eating high fat diets.
You should be fat adapted before you start. Which means you should already be
following a LCHF (Low Carb, High Fat diet) long before attempting the egg fast. (NOT
COMPULSORY, I jumped in from our regular 9ja eating)
Do not add vegetables or meat until you are done your fasting period. Fasting period is
a minimum of 3 days. 5 days to make it worth while. You can do this for as long as
1month just like Jimmy Moore the Originator. I did mine for 10 days at each time I Egg
Fasted).
Many of us are doing 5 days fasting 2 days regular LCHF.
For example, avocados and nuts have carbs. We do NOT add them in the fasting
days. We do NOT use bacon fat in place of butter. Bacon has added preservatives,
sugars, nitrites/nitrates etc. and it all ends up in the fat. Keep that for your regular
LCHF diet but not when fasting.
Please do not be afraid to ask legitimate questions though.
Some folks drink BPC in the morning instead of eating eggs first and that's okay. It is
all about what you can stomach in the morning and that's ok to adapt for yourself.
Use this site for Recipe ideas: http://www.eggs.ca/recipes/
Here is Jimmy's original post:
http://www.examiner.com/ …/an-eggs-tra-special-high-fat-low-
This is a link to his video of eating steak after 30 day fast losing 27 lbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtC-E_zztEk
BPC is bullet proof coffee. You can google it. It is adding 1-2 TBS of butter and or
coconut oil with or without a raw egg to your coffee in a blender. Some people choose
BPT (tea). I tried the BPC with one raw egg and its so creamy yummy you won't smell
of taste the Egg,won't even realise an egg was in it. I used decaff coffee sha due to
ttc things.
Cream cheese pancakes: 2 eggs, 2 oz cream cheese, cinnamon and sweetener to
taste. Blend in blender such as a magic bullet. Fry in coconut oil. Top with butter. I
make a simple syrup by melting xylitol with butter and maple flavor.
HWC is heavy whipping cream: not a part of the egg fast
WOE is way of eating
BPC is bullet proof coffee
BPT is bullet proof tea
Facebook support group is : Egg Fast Diet - Stall = Breaker ( diet ).

Eggs can be eaten in various yummy forms and yes only eggs is what you'll be eating. You won't feel hungry at all cos Protein is filling but just in case you do, just eat more eggs as there's no maximum you can eat in a day. When I started 1st & 2nd day, I ate 12 eggs. It's safe and no cholesterol issues I did a before and after lab test and even had better after results. Besides you won't be doing this permanently, once you drop of the weigh, you start healthy eating and exercising which will keep of the weight lost and may even help you lose more. Feel feel to ask me any questions. Am here to support.

@ Miracle212

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 9:47am On May 29, 2016
Fvine:
There's also another diet that I've done in the past that worked, I was losing about 3-4kg in the 7-8days of the diet. It's called the GM (General Motors Diet). Don't be surprised, I've battled weight almost all my adult life and have tried out several diets and products.

Some did work but I didn't change my eating habit after the weightloss and I always gain it ll back. That was my mistake but I've learnt. I've weighed in 94kg at my highest and currently weight 79.something kg to 80kg, it fluctuates like that. I use a digital scale so it shows me the points.

The GM Diet also currently has a free App on Android Google play store. Just search for it. The diet is something like this:

Day 1: All Fruits of your choice (except Banana)
Day 2: Vegetables Only. All Vegetables of your choice except Potatoes
Day 3: Fruits and Vegetables except Banana

etc.

@ Miracle212 this is the GM (General Motors) diet. It's also works for fast weight loss.

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Miracle212(f): 9:55am On May 29, 2016
Fvine:

@ Miracle212 this is the GM (General Motors) diet. It's also works for fast weight loss.
Thank you fevine, when on this including the egg fast is one allowed to take green Tea, lemon& ginger too?
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 2:44pm On May 29, 2016
Miracle212:

Thank you fevine, when on this including the egg fast is one allowed to take green Tea, lemon& ginger too?
On the Egg Fast, you can take Green Tea Unsweetened or Sweetened with Zero Calorie Artificial Sweetener. You can't take natural Lemon or Ginger except you're referring to Lemon and/or Ginger Flavoured Green/Black Tea.

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 7:36am On May 31, 2016
Today is Day 3 and I've lost 1kg over 2days. Seems I lose 0.5kg everyday. Had to re-start on Sunday as Saturday was a total flop. Hoping to by Gods grace make this a 15days Egg Fast. We'll see.

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by smokeydrinky: 10:21am On May 31, 2016
Good work fvine. Wats ur normal egg meal lyk? I ve been deferin starting the egg fast. wanted details from a Nigerian living in Nigeria.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 10:12pm On May 31, 2016
smokeydrinky:
Good work fvine. Wats ur normal egg meal lyk? I ve been deferin starting the egg fast. wanted details from a Nigerian living in Nigeria.
My meals today is 6 Eggs, 2 Tablespoon Coconut Oil taken by the spoonful, 4 Tablespoon (60g) of Butter, used some to fry the eggs while I licked the rest. Took a Cup of Black Coffee at work, a Bottle of Diet Pepsi and N100 worth of fried Wara (Local Yoruba Cheese)

Yesterday was BPC, Fried Eggs, N100 Fried Wara, 2 Diet Pepsi. I was out all day and visited people hence the 2 Diet Pepsi but I couldn't eat the 6 min eggs because I took only 4 eggs out and got home too late and tired to prepare anything so I just took the 2nd Pepsi with the N100 Wara. 3 Tabs Orbit Sugar Free gum

1st day was BPC, 2 fried eggs and 4 eggs baked into an Oopsie Bread. I didn't really enjoy the sweet oopsie bread, I felt it would've been better with pepper. So if I ever Bake one again, I'll add dried ground pepper. I also took 1 tab of Orbit Sugar Free Gum.

Previous Egg Fast I've done, I make Egg Salad by Mashing and Mixing Boiled Eggs with Mayonnaise. I also make Fake Egg Pancake by Mixing Eggs with Butter, Cinnamon, Artificial Sweetener before frying. I also sometimes eat boiled egg and drink the cocnut oil or just lick butter. But right now all of them nohungry me. I go with my appetite. For now Fried eggs is all I can stomach plus BPC and that's what am eating. Fried egg is also very quick and easy for me.

NB: I use artificial sweetener as sugar, Cinnamon as bread and Pancake Flavour, I also used Mayonnaise as my fat in the Oopsie bread, I also use small seasoning powder with salt to bring it the taste for frying eggs. I chew Sugar free gum as the spirit leads. Hope this helps.

You can also try the General Motors Diet. It seems to have the same weight loss rate with the Egg Fast for me. If I get tired of the Egg Fast before reaching my goal, I will fall on it to help.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by smokeydrinky: 7:11am On Jun 01, 2016
Fvine:

My meals today is 6 Eggs, 2 Tablespoon Coconut Oil taken by the spoonful, 4 Tablespoon (60g) of Butter, used some to fry the eggs while I licked the rest. Took a Cup of Black Coffee at work, a Bottle of Diet Pepsi and N100 worth of fried Wara (Local Yoruba Cheese)

Yesterday was BPC, Fried Eggs, N100 Fried Wara, 2 Diet Pepsi. I was out all day and visited people hence the 2 Diet Pepsi but I couldn't eat the 6 min eggs because I took only 4 eggs out and got home too late and tired to prepare anything so I just took the 2nd Pepsi with the N100 Wara. 3 Tabs Orbit Sugar Free gum

1st day was BPC, 2 fried eggs and 4 eggs baked into an Oopsie Bread. I didn't really enjoy the sweet oopsie bread, I felt it would've been better with pepper. So if I ever Bake one again, I'll add dried ground pepper. I also took 1 tab of Orbit Sugar Free Gum.

Previous Egg Fast I've done, I make Egg Salad by Mashing and Mixing Boiled Eggs with Mayonnaise. I also make Fake Egg Pancake by Mixing Eggs with Butter, Cinnamon, Artificial Sweetener before frying. I also sometimes eat boiled egg and drink the cocnut oil or just lick butter. But right now all of them nohungry me. I go with my appetite. For now Fried eggs is all I can stomach plus BPC and that's what am eating. Fried egg is also very quick and easy for me.

NB: I use artificial sweetener as sugar, Cinnamon as bread and Pancake Flavour, I also used Mayonnaise as my fat in the Oopsie bread, I also use small seasoning powder with salt to bring it the taste for frying eggs. I chew Sugar free gum as the spirit leads. Hope this helps.

You can also try the General Motors Diet. It seems to have the same weight loss rate with the Egg Fast for me. If I get tired of the Egg Fast before reaching my goal, I will fall on it to help.

wow nice. I presume warm can be found anywhere in lagos?
I ll read up the general motors diet plz. This egg fast is quite effective but making do with fried and boiled eggs is scary to me I ll do it. 3 days at a time and see ... .

Thanks for sharing
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 9:16pm On Jun 02, 2016
smokeydrinky:

wow nice. I presume warm can be found anywhere in lagos?
I ll read up the general motors diet plz. This egg fast is quite effective but making do with fried and boiled eggs is scary to me I ll do it. 3 days at a time and see ... .

Thanks for sharing
ok. What do you mean by "warm" being everywhere in Lagos?
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by smokeydrinky: 8:06am On Jun 03, 2016
Fvine:
ok. What do you mean by "warm" being everywhere in Lagos?
sorry , typo. I meant the local cheese u wrote about.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by taiwosal: 1:38pm On Jun 03, 2016
For weight loss, u can use honey and cinnamon. Works perfectly
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 03, 2016
Hello fvine, pls is dabino the same as ofio? those large light brown ofios which mallams sell? And for the main time, can I just be eating cucumber without blending it to add flesh?
I want to be soft and supple like those sweet babies I usually carry in church. lolz.
I have started eating like 4x per day and I am on Wate On plus Oraxin syrop.
My own na robust body I want not necessarily fat or weight. I want bombom to shoot out. Thanks swt mama
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 9:38pm On Jun 03, 2016
Loisemm:
Hello fvine, pls is dabino the same as ofio? those large light brown ofios which mallams sell? And for the main time, can I just be eating cucumber without blending it to add flesh?
I want to be soft and supple like those sweet babies I usually carry in church. lolz.
I have started eating like 4x per day and I am on Wate On plus Oraxin syrop.
My own na robust body I want not necessarily fat or weight. I want bombom to shoot out. Thanks swt mama
Ofio is different from Dabino. Just ask the Mallams selling Ofio for Dabino and they'll show you what it is.

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by victorious247: 10:21pm On Jun 03, 2016
There suppliments that help you loose weight. They're natural with no side effects. In fact they contain minerals that will nourish your body while you loose weight. For more information contact/WhatsApp 07064264273.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 11:24am On Jun 12, 2016
taiwosal:
For weight loss, u can use honey and cinnamon. Works perfectly
The recommended Cinnamon for this is Ceylon Cinnamon. So please people, ensure the pack says Ceylon Cinnamon.

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Lizzypaul: 8:58pm On Jun 24, 2016
hello mamas.im new hia.i want to reduce my weight of 74kg,can i use ecoslim cos i cant get all d requirement for egg fast.abi wot do u suggest o sabi mamas
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 11:31pm On Jun 29, 2016
Lizzypaul:
hello mamas.im new hia.i want to reduce my weight of 74kg,can i use ecoslim cos i cant get all d requirement for egg fast.abi wot do u suggest o sabi mamas
Yes you can combine Ecoslim with Mason Fat Burner.

Just curious, what requirements of the Egg fast are ou talking about? All you require are Eggs and Mayonnaise or Eggs and Real Butter or Eggs and Coconut Oil or Eggs and Olive Oil. ou just go with any of the Fat (Mayonnaise, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil or Real Butter that you prefer) you can also mix and match the fats. just keep to the ratio.

Please am not suggesting you do the Egg Fast Oh! I've done it sveral times with good result but can't seem to bring myself to do it now again to reduce my weight further.

you also have other options of eating healthy like lowering or eliminating Carbohydrates from your meals. Light Exercises. Ketogenic way of Eating, Low Carb High Fat etc.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Lizzypaul: 4:06pm On Jul 02, 2016
tanx fvine,dnt no its egg nd one of dose tin.was tinking its egg plus all.tanx for the clarification.
pls wots d dosage of d ecoslim nd mason fat burner?

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 7:42pm On Jul 02, 2016
Lizzypaul:
tanx fvine,dnt no its egg nd one of dose tin.was tinking its egg plus all.tanx for the clarification.
pls wots d dosage of d ecoslim nd mason fat burner?
I'll suggest you follow the recommended dosage on the bottles of both Ecoslim and Mason Fat Burner. I've never used Ecoslim but Mason Fat Burner is 2 Capsules 3x daily after each meal.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Lizzypaul: 7:09pm On Jul 05, 2016
tanx mum fvine,God bless.

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by MrsNaira(f): 9:07am On Jul 08, 2016
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 2:34pm On Jul 08, 2016
Lizzypaul:
tanx mum fvine,God bless.

You're welcome. Share your progress with us if and when you can. take care.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Shallypop(f): 1:34pm On Jul 29, 2016
Fvine:

I'll suggest you follow the recommended dosage on the bottles of both Ecoslim and Mason Fat Burner. I've never used Ecoslim but Mason Fat Burner is 2 Capsules 3x daily after each meal.
Mama fvine, is d ecoslim and Mason fat burner ttc friendly? Trying to loose some weight. Thanks.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 1:11am On Jul 30, 2016
Shallypop:
Mama fvine, is d ecoslim and Mason fat burner ttc friendly? Trying to loose some weight. Thanks.
Yes it is based on their ingredients. @ Sugah and imoge2 even used it before their BFPs.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Shallypop(f): 11:48am On Jul 30, 2016
Fvine:

Yes it is based on their ingredients. @ Sugah and imoge2 even used it before their BFPs.
Thank u very much.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by victorious247: 8:43pm On Aug 04, 2016
There are some suppliments that have been tested and trusted when it comes to loosing weight. They are natural and so they don't have side effects. They contain essential vitamins that nourish your body so that you still look good while loosing weight without the excess skin sagging. For more information WhatsApp 07064264273

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (83) (Reply)

Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation / The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Masturbation / I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81