Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive (197630 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by nefertitiram: 10:47am On Apr 23, 2012
mrs.kem09:
@ Nefetitiram Please my sister, i need the menu recipe for the no carb diet, 8kg in one week that will take me weeks to achieve. I also have pcos and really want to loss weight that fast. Target weight lost is 50kg.So help me God. did some yoga exercises last nite and i love it. not a fan to vigorous type. it sure got me sweating really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tVXfEStevY

Hello mrs kem, truthfully, there is really no recipe, I just totally eliminated carbohydrates from my diet! I mean totally. After finding out that pcos can lead to gestational diabetes, after battling the fertility issues, carbs are poison for us. So its about elimination! Rice X, yam X, eba, funfun iyan etc X, instead take protein meals I.e. Bean, moi moi, beef, chicken fish turkey, salads, even fruits are NOT so good for us, as they also have sugars that can spike our already elevated insulin levels. I am still researching other protein food combos that we can eat. We can also eat fats and oil but I prefer to ignore them because of bad cholesterol.
Are you on metformin? Talk to your doctor before you start it. It can also hasten your weight loss. Also add cod liver oil and Bcomplex that contains inositol. It also aids weight loss

But let's not rush the weight loss! It is really not healthy! Its scary the way I fell from 117 to 111, today I am 109! Perhaps its d̶̲̥̅̊ drastic drop in carbs so my body is devouring its store of fat to keep up with my energetic lifestyle, and I am really drained!

What's your email addy, so that I can send you some materials.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 23, 2012
hebrew woman
6PM shocked shocked shocked ah ahhhh,this one is serious high jump ooo,make it 7 nawww

Udoka knackson
I can see you are really up to the task,tehehehe.Happy Dieting

I agree that this should be a lifetime change and not just a crash diet..God will help us

To those that want to add weight look at[b] Nneluckys[/b] post,She has given solution.

Happy Dieting Dear sisters,i already feel malnourished,hehehehehehehehehehe
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by MSTIA: 11:30am On Apr 23, 2012
SeanBell: hebrew woman
6PM shocked shocked shocked ah ahhhh,this one is serious high jump ooo,make it 7 nawww

Udoka knackson
I can see you are really up to the task,tehehehe.Happy Dieting

I agree that this should be a lifetime change and not just a crash diet..God will help us

To those that want to add weight look at[b] Nneluckys[/b] post,She has given solution.

Happy Dieting Dear sisters,i already feel malnourished,hehehehehehehehehehe

hehehehehehehehehehehehe, heyyyyyyy seanbell you no go kill person here. It is well
my data is
height 5.4
weight 77kg
ideal weight is 64kg
I believe with the motivation here I will sit up on this weight loss thing now. though not just a crash program, but a total change in life style. I currently decided to introduce vegetable into my meals, and eat lots of fruits, I love avocado, DH complains at times for fear of fat, but from research I found out it was ok for women ttc.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 12:13pm On Apr 23, 2012
seanbell, you ur mouth lolllll, na you dictionarilised the knackson word ooo grin

BTW, we may have to be careful with zobo drink or consume it sparingly
http://www.amipregnantornot.com/medical/doctor/index.php?xq=99793
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by mrskem09(f): 12:33pm On Apr 23, 2012
@ Nefetitiram
omone81@yahoo.com
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by RocksQueen: 1:03pm On Apr 23, 2012
Welcome all...sorry I was MIA, I was busy stuffing my face with food and bracing myself to face the BLEAK week ahead!

Now am set for the week...I have taken the Aloe Vera juice (will stop after O), still battling wit the water..

I am modifying my proposed diet as I go cos there are so many on point tips here. As for exercise, my plan was to climb the cross stepper dis morning but did y'all see that rain It was Cross Stepper versus cuddling up to DH for an extra 30mins...Am sure u can guess who won!

@seanbell, you crack me up!I love ur preparations..
@udoka, how u take know? I can eat swallow as early as 1am and as late as 12am..was taking wheat but prefer plantain flour to it...
Unfortunately for me I cooked vegetable soup on Saturday..so sometin tells me that I shall be tempted to swallow Plantain flour 2nyt!I pray I overcome!

Instead of me to dey stay one corner dey pity myself,anytym am hungry,I'll come on here to look for others who are also crying but doing it...so dat I can chin up!

@hebrewwoman..anytym I read ur post, my mind dey fly lol! Choi! 6pm??Already the thot of no carbs has sent the worms in my tummy into turmoil! Now wey u don add 6pm cutoff tym, I haf follow Seanbell to drop to my knees and beg, can we make it 7pm?

The way we're going and if we keep at it am sure we'll post happy stories soon...just imagine that as we redirect some focus to weight loss/gain, na so our bfps go just dey appear one after the other.

This evening I must post that I did atleast 30mins of exercise otherwise feel free to flog me!
Its funny how I can fast till 6pm but call it a diet and am hungry from 8am.
Now where is that fish and salad?Make hunger no kill person!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 23, 2012
MSTIA,ROCKSQUEEN AND UDOKA,

Laughter is good for the soul mennnn,i'd go crazy if everything is so serious.
Right now,i'm at home exchanging blows with my blender to grind that beans for the moimoi,I must prevail!! angry angry
I haven't done any work today cos i have dedicated my day to preparing for this battle... I made the beans and seriously,with olive oil it's not so tasty lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Later this evening,cabbage and carrot for coleslaw..

Rocksqueen,hahahahahaha @ bleak week ahead,i wonder how i'll fell watching DH eating correct food.It is welll!!You have even put in some exercise,i am here beating this blender up.

Hebrewwoman come and release us from the 6 o'clock punishment abegg oo.. cry cry

MSTIA
avocado is good fat in moderation.

UDOKA
Knackson madammmm,hehehehehehehe.i am looking forward to ya report for the day.Nawa for the zobo thing ooo.can't someone just have peace.Im the end we may just start eating grass undecided
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by RocksQueen: 1:47pm On Apr 23, 2012
SeanBell: [b].Nawa for the zobo thing ooo.can't someone just have peace.Im the end we may just start eating grass undecided

Haven't we started? But btw me and u, if someone gives me 200percent assurance that eating grass will lead to a bfp, safe delivery and healthy baby, wallahi I go run go the nearest field!

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by ebony13: 1:53pm On Apr 23, 2012
hehehehehe!!!! u gals are just cracking me up ehn....

@ Rocksqueen....As for exercise, my plan was to climb the cross stepper dis morning but did y'all see that rainhuh It was Cross Stepper versus cuddling up to DH for an extra 30mins...Am sure u can guess who won!...yes o we know who won..... grin grin grin wink

i was tempted to postpone the dieting to 2moro again but when i came her and saw evrybody has seriously started i changed my mind wink, ohk so i have decided to take my low carbs in the morning so i can burn it up before the day runs out then take proteins,vegetables and fruits for lunch and dinner,also exercises in the evening.

today-
Ate 1 very small plate of spagetti with fresh fish(heard spagetti has lower calories compared to rice)pls tel me i'm correct lipsrsealed

then i plan on eating i boiled egg and water for lunch.
then evening fuits.

Exercise
10mins of skipping this evening,thats what i can do o...i wnt deceive myself grin

shebi i try? grin
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by nefertitiram: 2:28pm On Apr 23, 2012
mrs.kem09:
@ Nefetitiram
omone81@yahoo.com
I just sent you ann email
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by nefertitiram: 2:30pm On Apr 23, 2012
ebony13:
hehehehehe!!!! u gals are just cracking me up ehn....

@ Rocksqueen....As for exercise, my plan was to climb the cross stepper dis morning but did y'all see that rainhuh It was Cross Stepper versus cuddling up to DH for an extra 30mins...Am sure u can guess who won!...yes o we know who won..... grin grin grin wink

i was tempted to postpone the dieting to 2moro again but when i came her and saw evrybody has seriously started i changed my mind wink, ohk so i have decided to take my low carbs in the morning so i can burn it up before the day runs out then take proteins,vegetables and fruits for lunch and dinner,also exercises in the evening.

today-
Ate 1 very small plate of spagetti with fresh fish(heard spagetti has lower calories compared to rice)pls tel me i'm correct lipsrsealed

then i plan on eating i boiled egg and water for lunch.
then evening fuits.

Exercise
10mins of skipping this evening,thats what i can do o...i wnt deceive myself grin

shebi i try? grin

Yes darlin way to go!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 23, 2012
hahahahahahahaha RocksQueen [/b]you are so on point.
I'd eat grass if it would gimme the quickie bfp jaree.

[b]Ebony
You are doing great,ride on!!!
So far,just eaten a banana and a swig of juice,i've been busy so not hungry.Will have an apple soon.

udoka love,do you know what the honeywheat thing is??
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by RocksQueen: 3:31pm On Apr 23, 2012
@Ebony, you try...but spagetti is flour made into strings...are u sure it doesn't contain more calories?
I envy ur exercise routine...wish I could skip but I don't want people to see me jumping around 6am or 9pm..maybe I should try jumping in a spot!
Plus that egg and water will compensate for any carb u ate in the morning. So far person no faint with hunger,all join

@seanbell, you moi-moi never done?

I love the energy in here...do u know that if our husbands were friends, they would be extremely puzzled as to why all their wives are busy making protein meal,or not even eating at all.

My stats so far
Breakfast: Small glass of Aloe vera and water

Lunch: Grilled fish, vegetable salad without cream and bubble gum

Dinner: Will revert later tonight.(So long as hebrewwoman hasn't said anytin den am not restricted by tym yet smiley )

Exercise: Will revert later tonight (fingers and toes crossed)
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by RocksQueen: 3:41pm On Apr 23, 2012
SeanBell: hahahahahahahaha RocksQueen [/b]you are so on point.

[b]Ebony
So far,just eaten a banana and a swig of juice,i've been busy so not hungry.Will have an apple soon.

@udoka..she meant Honeywell Wheat Flour...honeywell is a popular brand. They make spag, noodles, wheatflour,etc, in Naija.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by RocksQueen: 3:46pm On Apr 23, 2012
SeanBell: hahahahahahahaha RocksQueen [/b]you are so on point.

[b]Ebony

@udoka..she meant Honeywell Wheat Flour...honeywell is a popular brand. They make spag, noodles, wheatflour,etc, in Naija.

@invoice247..truth be told,the items in ur list will make u lose weight without the added pills. Moreso, this thread is for ttcers. We need to steer clear from any drug that can lead to complications.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 23, 2012
RocksQueen,the moimoi don do oo
Just ate one ramekin full,it has small smoked fish soo yummy!!!
Ohh the honeywell is a brand?I thought twas something special oo.. grin grin

Ebony,if you want to try wheat spaghetti,don't eat it plain with stew cos it's not very nice.Use mixed veggies and tomato sauce to make it into jollof.It's more palatable that way.

Breakfast- Nothing,was too busy

Lunch- 1 apple,1 banana and one moi-moi plus water and a quarter cup of juice

Snack-1 Apple

Dinner - Beans,1 moimoi and one chicken with a glass of juice(barfff)

Exercise -Knackson (DH ill so running around and playing nurse okoro)
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 4:27pm On Apr 23, 2012
seanbell thank God the moimoi u started cooking since yesterday don finally donegrin

Una don chop finally, was thinking that all of una dey fast. i would have updated my lunch since 1pm when l ate but officially went out.

Fruits: Watermelon
Food: rice, beans with beaf (50% of my usual portion)
Exercise: Infact marathon step climbing this hot afternoon, this one na punishment (actually went to inspect some houses) its not funny--- the agent just dey pity me.

Situation report: i am hungry.. thank God for water.

Dinner---will report in full later.. but might just make emergency vegetable soup if l get strength....seanbell no i wont eat it with swallow..i know u will askgrin lolllllllllll. fruit tonight might likely be mangoes.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by mrskem09(f): 4:31pm On Apr 23, 2012
My fellow sisters in Hunt... grin
@ nefertitiram got your mail, you sure a sweetheart. am on metformin 1500mg. true be told since after ovulation i take 1000mg. 500mg in ther morning after food and at nite after dinner. noticed weightloss in my wist but my scale says 119kg sad only 1kg lost i must loose the extra bag ohh.

Today so far:
breakfast moi- moi 2 mini wraps( Bought it from a road side outlet,she made it real good. less oil) grin with Chinese fertility tea( with Green tea extract)

Lunch moi- moi 1 wrap with my remaining tea.

Dinner: still don't know what to prepare any suggestion? want it simple so that i dont starve hubby. he is so slim i wish i could just transfer my extra to him.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 4:44pm On Apr 23, 2012
MrsKem

lolll we are same in the hubby issue.. he is slim too that he started a weight gain program two weeks ago..He tagged it FILL IN THE GAPgrin l wish l could tranfer mine too..irony of life!

I use green tea also, but ensure you use decaf brand..mine just finished and l cant use the caffinated one l have cos am close to O. I read that green tea has a property that makes its hard for the body to absorp folic acid, l always stop green tea after O. I no wan story!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Hebrewwoman1: 6:06pm On Apr 23, 2012
@Seanbell and Rocksqueesn, it really just depends on when you go to bed. You should stop eating at least 3-4hours before you go to bed. So if you go to bed late then of course you can eat up untill 4hrs before your bedtime.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by nefertitiram: 6:30pm On Apr 23, 2012
mrs.kem09:
My fellow sisters in Hunt... grin
@ nefertitiram got your mail, you sure a sweetheart. am on metformin 1500mg. true be told since after ovulation i take 1000mg. 500mg in ther morning after food and at nite after dinner. noticed weightloss in my wist but my scale says 119kg sad only 1kg lost i must loose the extra bag ohh.

Today so far:
breakfast moi- moi 2 mini wraps( Bought it from a road side outlet,she made it real good. less oil) grin with Chinese fertility tea( with Green tea extract)

Lunch moi- moi 1 wrap with my remaining tea.

Dinner: still don't know what to prepare any suggestion? want it simple so that i dont starve hubby. he is so slim i wish i could just transfer my extra to him.

I am positive that after a week of this diet you will notice significant weightloss. I am on 500mg daily, I use just 1 tab before I go to bed. Add d̶̲̥̅̊ bcomplex and codliver oil and watch the pounds disappear!!!
I had 1 scotch egg and 1 tiny moi moi for breakfast
Chicken toppers salad from TFC for lunch, dinner will be chicken gizzard as usual

All of a sudden the scale is my best friend *big grin* but I will resist the urge to weigh in daily twice a week will do.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by argent(f): 6:40pm On Apr 23, 2012
Hello all. For breakfast I had a cup of green tea and one boiled egg.
Lunch was beans (half of d usual portion), I actually used a small bowl.
Dinner, just finished making water leaf soup with fish, I didn't add palm oil to it. I plan to take it with one wrap of eko (agidi).
Can anyone tell the benefits of green tea?
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Hebrewwoman1: 7:12pm On Apr 23, 2012
@ Argent, Green tea has a lot of benefits but i think you have to drink more than one cup a day. The more cups you drink the better. SOme researchers say you have to drink about 6 to 7 cups to get the full benefits. But most say 3 cups a day is fine. Here's an article to read to ee the full benfits.

Although tea drinking has been associated with health benefits for centuries, only in recent years have its medicinal properties been investigated scientifically. The October issue of Harvard Women's Health Watch recognizes the healthy power of tea while helping readers get the most out of their cups.

Tea's health benefits are largely due to its high content of flavonoids — plant-derived compounds that are antioxidants. Green tea is the best food source of a group called catechins. In test tubes, catechins are more powerful than vitamins C and E in halting oxidative damage to cells and appear to have other disease-fighting properties. Studies have found an association between consuming green tea and a reduced risk for several cancers, including, skin, breast, lung, colon, esophageal, and bladder.

Additional benefits for regular consumers of green and black teas include a reduced risk for heart disease. The antioxidants in green, black, and oolong teas can help block the oxidation of LDL (bad) cholesterol, increase HDL (good) cholesterol and improve artery function. A Chinese study published recently in the Archives of Internal Medicine showed a 46%-65% reduction in hypertension risk in regular consumers of oolong or green tea, compared to non-consumers of tea.

The October issue provides a few tips to get the most out of tea-drinking:

Drinking a cup of tea a few times a day to absorb antioxidants and other healthful plant compounds. In green-tea drinking cultures, the usual amount is three cups per day. Allow tea to steep for three to five minutes to bring out its catechins. The best way to get the catechins and other flavonoids in tea is to drink it freshly brewed. Decaffeinated, bottled ready-to-drink tea preparations, and instant teas have less of these compounds. Tea can impede the absorption of iron from fruits and vegetables. Adding lemon or milk or drinking tea between meals will counteract this problem.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by fnk: 7:13pm On Apr 23, 2012
Guys, I have a product in Nigeria called Fat burner, got it from the manufacturer in the U.S. it goes with a 30 days diet program. My wife used it and lost about 10kg in 22 days and she still maintained it this has been over 1 year now. Couple other women that bought it from our office, after the program they got pregnant. While on the program you learn to eat right. You only follow the diet with the product for just the program period and you don't have to use the product again, all you need to do is just moving on is watch what you eat to maintain your weight. I still have the product and the program procedure in Nigeria for anyone that might be interested.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 7:24pm On Apr 23, 2012
Dinner overgrin
Cooked ugu leaf with fish, no oil
One mango

Hebrewwoman that's a better explanation, I usually sleep by 10pm,hope am on track ooo

@all
I hv noticed that I now take time to chew my food, d thing no plenty i no wan make e finish quick

Thank u marketer we no wan ya product, check d nxt thread.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 9:04pm On Apr 23, 2012
Rockqueen
is the plantain flour better than wheat? Hvn't eaten it b4, won't mind tryn anything healthy. Someone talked abt wheat spaghetti, abeg where in lagos can I get it, never knew there something like that ooo.

Una no wan chop for this night, seems am I one doing all d eating hmmm I dey vex oo

Sharp sharp girl
Come post ur hilarious comments, u neva warm ur moi moigrin
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 23, 2012
Hmmmmmmmmm,hunger dey wire my soulllllll kaiii!! My mates are sleeping,i'm here fighting the urge to chuck the bread in the oven,slather it with garlic butter,top it with mozarella cheese and stuff my face.You need to see the bread im talking of,long fresh french baguette,baked to golden perfection cry cry cry

Udoka,
leave my moimoi, grin grin grin
U dey hia dey chew ya veggie ehhh...Hmmm i cannot believe you skipped ya swallow shocked shocked(MIRACLEE).
How can you eat just ugu and fishhh,that's suffering oo Jesu!!Nne ina try.I sure say na cry chop.hehehehehehehe

There's wheat spaghetti oo,everything has wheat blend now.For healthier rice,try uncle ben's wholegrain rice.I believe it should be in Lagos.

hebrewwoman,thanks for the heads up

I NEED HELP..I AM CRAVING BREAD.HOW DO WE FIGHT CRAVINGS PLEASE??

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by argent(f): 11:09pm On Apr 23, 2012
Thanks hebrew woman.
@ udoka I also took my time to eat d food coz it was small, especially d egg lol.
Good night everyone.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by ebony13: 11:09pm On Apr 23, 2012
lwkmd una don start o! Seanbell even with your moi-moi u still dey hungry? leave that kitchen and go and sleep.... grin grin

ok o let me confess...pls crucify me pls....i skipped my exercises sad and i ate indomie this evening embarassed...i cld'nt resist...i tink i hav to give them out so i dnt see them and crave for it....hmmmmmm its nt easy o...i hope 2moro would be better.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by chioma134: 11:39pm On Apr 23, 2012
Hi,teammates,
Here's how I started today;
Exercise- 15mins jogging inside my room.
Breakfast- Wasn't hungry,so skipped it.
Lunch- boiled beans and stew,beef. But the beans plenty,sha(my plate was fullll).
Dinner- went with hubby to a friend's birthday get-together. I had one can of Amstel malt and one sharwama. Also had about 5 slices of fried plantain out of hubby's dinner.
Hope to improve tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by RocksQueen: 1:40am On Apr 24, 2012
First of all, lemme present my bumbum for flogging..I didn't do the exercise cos as soon as I came in from work, I collapsed on the couch (probably from hunger lol) and slept off!

Secondly, just woke up from hunger laden sleep...currently in kitchen warming soup (yes ur watch is correct sad )

I will do better tomorrow..am so so sorry.

Status update
Dinner: 2 Mangoes, Vegetable Soup on fire..

@Hebrewwoman...thanks. I will do that 7pm from 2mrw.

Chei!Am so ashamed of myself... Pls don't tell me say na only me falter...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (83) (Reply)

Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation / The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Masturbation / I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.