Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,930 members, 7,810,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2655) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10439161 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2652) (2653) (2654) (2655) (2656) (2657) (2658) ... (19110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 7:37am On Mar 09, 2017
raumdeuter:

A penalty is not the measure of a players potency in from of goal. If you score it no one will remove it, But no one goes into a game planning to score a penalty

Man Utd have gotten 2 penalties all season so whats the use of a penalty expert to them vs a real striker who can bury non penalty chances

Or you buy Lacazette for his penalty ability but the team already has a sure penalty taker like Milner, Gerrard, Ronaldo Hazard, So what will be the purpose of the transfer
you are way too biased...

A penalty is not a players potency, but yesterday barca scored too good penalty. If mess I and neymar didn't convert it they would have been out.

The same penalty u use in discrediting hazard when it comes to European competition is what you're using in buttressing the point that barca qualified...

The question is whether scored with penalty or with the Dick. As a striker without goals you're not going any where...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 7:53am On Mar 09, 2017
Ibime:

They are jokers. Right from the start, their foolish goalkeeper was playing some stewpid short passes into Barca's high press, spreading panic through the team and prevaricating over jumping for the ball for the opening goal. If I'm PSG Sheikh, I will tear up that Kevin Trapps contract tonight. It's at times like this I thank God for Petr Cech at Camp Nou and Allianz.
I didn't watch the match from the beginning but the last ten mins I watched told me the whole team knows nothing about bus parking or intense defending. Imagine with few minutes to go and the keeper still kept on pummeling the ball to the throw in, in that type of situation you don't waste possesion you use as a delay mechanism. Also I can't believe Thiago Silva, Marquinhos were in that defence they both Lack lesdership. Small thing go happen now and peeps would be typing bollocks about how good he is.

Any way this is a Super pack L to those who believe bus parking is very easy to do.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:55am On Mar 09, 2017
raumdeuter:

No one said a goal isnt a goal. But I already asked you if you want to buy a striker for your team you have 2 options one with 10 goals from open play, one with 9 penalties and 2 play which one will you consider the better option

Penalty is a bonus, You dont go into a game and your game plan to win is to get a penalty.

Do we sort out Neymar and Messi's penalty goals at the end of the season?

@bolded....Same way a team don't go into a game and your game plan to win is own goal. But a team doesn't reject an own goal simply because its not part of your game plan.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:02am On Mar 09, 2017
bigkesh:

Both of you don't get it

Penalty is a goal.. .for the team

But if I want to show you Neymar is a good finisher I won't come up with Clips of today's penalties

The essence of goals in the argument was to know the better striker, penalties aren't striker's goals because anybody can be a penalty taker

Penalty is a goal....for the team

BUT

Thunderbolt is a goal....for the individual
Scissors kick is a goal....for the individual
Header is a goal....for the individual.

Am I missing something?

If you start counting Neymar's goal, will you minus this and other penalty goals he scored? Why sorting out Lacazzette's?

Any body can be a penalty taker, yes. Same way anybody can score those fancy goals you count as better than penalty goals.

Fact is penalty goals are as important as any other goal SO if Lacazzette scores 48% of his goals from the spot, leave the stats like that. 21 goals is 21 goals.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:10am On Mar 09, 2017
lordfalcao:
you must be sick.

Since pk goals are not legit goals. How many goals did barca score from open play? 4. They are failure

You fall my hand big time by quoting that moniker.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:13am On Mar 09, 2017
bigkesh:

Oga forget...You are kidding yourself if you think it's about just tonight

Passion is at optimum when the going gets tough, Hazard should get me passionate about him by deciding games like this when almost everything is over

My problem with Neymar has been tap-ins and the very simple goals he scores
Dude almost played like a LWB in the game, he was just on the wing providing width and he contributed to 4 goals

I don't know about you, but for me that's legendary

I can't remember watching Zidane but I can talk about how he killed Brazil in a WC final and scored a beauty in a UCL final
The same for Dinho against us and England

Until Hazard starts destroying Madrid and co for Chelsea even if he doesn't score

Neymar is adding Iconic moments to the 'best of Neymar ' video ,Hazard should start doing the same

They are close, I believe Hazard has more natural talent ....Eden is on step 7,Neymar is now on 8,games like last night are the difference

Ballack, Lampard and every other great player have at least 2 in UCL..For me Hazard haS just one, the UEFA super cup

Are you literally saying that you didn't watch Zidane play?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 10:28am On Mar 09, 2017
bigkesh:

Oga forget...You are kidding yourself if you think it's about just tonight

Passion is at optimum when the going gets tough, Hazard should get me passionate about him by deciding games like this when almost everything is over

My problem with Neymar has been tap-ins and the very simple goals he scores
Dude almost played like a LWB in the game, he was just on the wing providing width and he contributed to 4 goals

I don't know about you, but for me that's legendary

I can't remember watching Zidane but I can talk about how he killed Brazil in a WC final and scored a beauty in a UCL final
The same for Dinho against us and England

Until Hazard starts destroying Madrid and co for Chelsea even if he doesn't score

Neymar is adding Iconic moments to the 'best of Neymar ' video ,Hazard should start doing the same

They are close, I believe Hazard has more natural talent ....Eden is on step 7,Neymar is now on 8,games like last night are the difference

Ballack, Lampard and every other great player have at least 2 in UCL..For me Hazard haS just one, the UEFA super cup
That's because Chelsea as a team has been passing through rough patches since Hazard signed, due to the declining state of the older players but can same be said of Barcelona huh, Neymar joined already established and dorminated team in Europe while Hazard joined a rebuilding team. Yes Neymar was brilliant last night but that doesn't make him a better player than Hazard, he's just fortunate to be in a conquering team in Europe in this 2000 era.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:50am On Mar 09, 2017
raumdeuter:

Was that not the same way pele claimed Godwin Okpara will win Balon dor. We know how that ended

Hidden show up in big games lailai na to dey form local champion upandan

When you quoted those who couldn't coach any team to win a spoon and they approved scholes as a better player than lamps , you couldn't remember pele and okpara . Now that an highly regarded soccer legend called hazard third best, you quickly brought Pele story. When will you stop all these irresponsible stunts?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:52am On Mar 09, 2017
airmark:

When you quoted those who couldn't coach any team to win a spoon and they approved scholes as a better player than lamps , you couldn't remember pele and okpara . Now that an highly regarded soccer legend called hazard third best, you quickly brought Pele story. When will you stop all these irresponsible stunts?

You dey answer dayo....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 09, 2017
lordfalcao:
you must be sick.

Since pk goals are not legit goals. How many goals did barca score from open play? 4. They are failure

*Cough Cough* Context, clean your glasses and read the post again, I never said PKs weren't legit goals I simply said they are a useless metric in determining the ability of a striker.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:19pm On Mar 09, 2017
hensben:
That's because Chelsea as a team has been passing through rough patches since Hazard signed, due to the declining state of the older players but can same be said of Barcelona huh, Neymar joined already established and dorminated team in Europe while Hazard joined a rebuilding team. Yes Neymar was brilliant last night but that doesn't make him a better player than Hazard, he's just fortunate to be in a conquering team in Europe in this 2000 era.

The season before Neymar joined Barca, I think they crashed out of the CL semi to Chelsea
The season before Hazard joined Chesea they were European Champions

Barcelona too had several declining old players when Neymar joined like Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:22pm On Mar 09, 2017
lordfalcao:
you are way too biased...

A penalty is not a players potency, but yesterday barca scored too good penalty. If mess I and neymar didn't convert it they would have been out.

The same penalty u use in discrediting hazard when it comes to European competition is what you're using in buttressing the point that barca qualified...

The question is whether scored with penalty or with the Dick. As a striker without goals you're not going any where...

Biased about what

James Milner has 6 penalty goals this season, Coutinho has 6 normal goals this season

Who is the better attacker
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:23pm On Mar 09, 2017
airmark:

I quoted Lippi a world cup winner, I quoted Ferguson the greatest coach in the league you support
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:33pm On Mar 09, 2017
raumdeuter:

[s]I quoted Lippi a world cup winner, I quoted Ferguson the greatest coach in the league you support[/s]

raumdeuter:

Do you see this guy below? He is greater than the entire country Lampard came from

“He’s almost untouchable in what he does. I never tire of watching him play. You rarely come across the complete footballer, but Scholes is as close to it as you can get. One of my regrets is that the opportunity to play alongside him never presented itself during my career.” – Zinedine Zidane

I dont know why you would agree with zidane's view on scholes, but had to go to okpara avenue when the same zidane preferred hazard to neymar.

airmark:

Zidane is your god as regards soccer knowledge. Take this L to Ladoke akintola university in your hometown, Ogbomosho.

Zidane : "I have no doubts he'll be back," said Zidane. "After Messi and Ronaldo, Hazard is my favourite player. It is spectacular to see him play."

Bury your head in shame, nigga.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 3:02pm On Mar 09, 2017
airmark:

I dont know why you would agree with zidane's view on scholes, but had to go to okpara avenue when the same zidane preferred hazard to neymar.

Oshey gan... cool
I'd like to see how baba Ogbomosho will wriggle out of this one..

Eleyi gidi gan grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:05pm On Mar 09, 2017
airmark:

Scholes has won multiple titles to backup Zidanes talk, Hazard like Godwin Okpara has not won anything to backup this long talk

Every country has their own never man, Ghana has Odartey Lamptey, Nigeria has Pius Ikedia, Belgium has Hidden Hazard

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 3:34pm On Mar 09, 2017
raumdeuter:

Biased about what

James Milner has 6 penalty goals this season, Coutinho has 6 normal goals this season

Who is the better attacker
I have sworn not to disturb myself on what is very clear....

When I look at the French ligue scorers chart and look at the serial A scorers chart, I see who is better. What you think and your opinion don't matter.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 3:35pm On Mar 09, 2017
Brightwood:

[s]*Cough Cough* Context, clean your glasses and read the post again, I never said PKs weren't legit goals I simply said they are a useless metric in determining the ability of a striker.[/s]
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 5:00pm On Mar 09, 2017
Eden Hazard wants to stay at Chelsea for years and join football’s elite by leading the club to Champions League glory.

The Belgium midfielder swept the board in the end-of-season awards after starring in Chelsea’s first Premier League title success since he joined from Lille in 2012.

Hazard’s arrival was announced shortly after Roberto Di Matteo had led the club to a first Champions League, and the double footballer of the year is desperate to match that achievement to be considered among the world’s greats.

The good news for Chelsea supporters is he wants to fulfil that aim at Stamford Bridge and is happy to stay beyond the end of his current contract, which runs until 2020.

"Why change? If you’re happy and things are going really well at one place, there is no need to change," Hazard told the London Evening Standard.

"Obviously, these things don’t just depend on me but whenever you’re enjoying your football and having the chance to win trophies, it would be silly to change."

"The Champions League is the one thing missing from my career. When I look at the history of the competition and the people that have taken part, the top, top players have all won it. For many it is why they have been regarded as top players.

"So if I want to be considered in that upper, upper level of top players I need to win the Champions League at some point. Obviously it is not easy, it is a tough tournament to go all the way to win. But it is something as a club I think we can do and we have to always dream of.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:03pm On Mar 09, 2017
Continue enjoying your local champion status while others are achieving great things in the continent
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 5:06pm On Mar 09, 2017
airmark:

Same here bro. Mou also was so pained that he hurriedly fired lukaku that night. We played brilliant soccer and hazard convinced me of his talent. Bayern nearly suffocated.
that match is one of the reasons that I don't rate lukaku. He showed in that match that he lacks the character to play for a club like Chelsea with the way he took the pk.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 5:15pm On Mar 09, 2017
Parking the bus is the most difficult style of football to play. Quote me anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 5:15pm On Mar 09, 2017
homesteady:

Against PSG in 2015? Did we watch the same match? Hazard was In Verratti's pocket all through the match! When they met the next year, he was still in his pocket, so I don't really understand the hope you guys are talking of!

You guys should just cut this crap, rest and wait for another day when Hazard shines against Swansea to bring up this argument! Everybody is praising Neymar for his performance and you lots are trying devalue it by comparing it to what Hazard has done!
For this his performance alone, if Barcelona should Win the UCL, he is guaranteed of at least a 2nd place finish on the Balon d'or podium!
maybe you are the one who made the scores 2 - 1 for Chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 5:27pm On Mar 09, 2017
Greatihex:
maybe you are the one who made the scores 2 - 1 for Chelsea.

Did you see my reply to Airmark?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:27pm On Mar 09, 2017
Skimpledawg:

Oshey gan... cool
I'd like to see how baba Ogbomosho will wriggle out of this one..

Eleyi gidi gan grin

Everyone is aware of Baba ogbomosho's tricks.

Greatihex:
that match is one of the reasons that I don't rate lukaku. He showed in that match that he lacks the character to play for a club like Chelsea with the way he took the pk.

I tell you. But i believe he has grown and could hold his own in big teams now. Some players are like that. We cant have ronaldo , messi and hazard kind of players everywhere. At 19, hazard dragged lille to win the french league, he was everywhere in france for 2 consecutive years. Some pick up late and blossom.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 5:55pm On Mar 09, 2017
airmark:

Everyone is aware of Baba ogbomosho's tricks.

I tell you. But i believe he has grown and could hold his own in big teams now. Some players are like that. We cant have ronaldo , messi and hazard kind of players everywhere. At 19, hazard dragged lille to win the french league, he was everywhere in france for 2 consecutive years. Some pick up late and blossom.

he made it worse at the European championship.
Well, I don already hate am. It will require a great deal before i rate him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:59pm On Mar 09, 2017
lordfalcao:
I have sworn not to disturb myself on what is very clear....

When I look at the French ligue scorers chart and look at the serial A scorers chart, I see who is better. What you think and your opinion don't matter.

What about EPL scorers chart? Who is better based on what you can see there? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 6:00pm On Mar 09, 2017
Greatihex:
he made it worse at the European championship.
Well, I don already hate am. It will require a great deal before i rate him

smiley May be man city will take him away. I am not sure pep is comfortable with aguero.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 6:25pm On Mar 09, 2017
Hazard met with the Karate kid to build up stamina

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 6:28pm On Mar 09, 2017
Greatihex:
Parking the bus is the most difficult style of football to play. Quote me anywhere.

I don't think Stoke, Sunderland and other low teams are stupid enough to always adopt the most difficult style to play against the most difficult opponents

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 6:32pm On Mar 09, 2017
bigkesh:
Hazard met with the Karate kid to build up stamina

My goodness! shocked is that willan?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 6:57pm On Mar 09, 2017
Willy grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2652) (2653) (2654) (2655) (2656) (2657) (2658) ... (19110) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Agadinaagwuofe, Unlimited22 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.