Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,489 members, 7,812,526 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (940) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10456977 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) ... (19126) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:11pm On May 07, 2015
Eruditor:

Moot.

So which of the significantly conceded goals yesterday was as a result of pushing high or trying to win? How many times did you see Lahm run towards the flanks only to turn back and give a back pass? How many passes were vertical from Bayern? Probably none. All I saw Bayern do was win the ball and pass horizontally (sometimes without purpose). 76 mins and it was ok.

Like I said before a coach could play 2 defenders and push his whole team way beyond the centre circle into the opponents half. But if he concedes via a corner kick, you cannot blame his tactics for it.

What kind of Novice Analysis is this?

They gave you examples how Pep's suicidal tactics in the early opening minutes of could have easily seen Bayern 3 down in 15 minutes if not for Neuer's Heroics...but you said that doesn't count...

You're funny though....You know Bayern had more possession in the first half right? The reason why we're all laughing at Pep is because he came out to play with in an inferior team...

Football is not won by style points.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 8:24pm On May 07, 2015
Nihilist:

They gave you examples how Pep's suicidal tactics in the early opening minutes of could have easily seen Bayern 3 down in 15 minutes if not for Neuer's Heroics...but you said that doesn't count...

You're funny though....You know Bayern had more possession in the first half right? The reason why we're all laughing at Pep is because he came out to play with in an inferior team...

LVGs tactics could have easily seen United winning 3-1 at the bridge first half but United were losing 1-0.

Luis Enrique's tactics could have easily seen Barca 2-0 up in the first half but the first half ended 0-0.

In the earlier instance, they praised the tactical savvy of Mou. In the latter instance they hounded Pep and instead Praised Neuer.

So convenient. An analytical masterclass. I am awestruck.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 8:49pm On May 07, 2015
From what I watched in the match, Pep did another version of parking the bus, - He parked the midfield with many good passers of the ball!

He knows that Barça midfield is not that strong, so he choked it with better ball passers! and it worked perfectly! Apart from his 1st 15 mins 3 man defense, his other tactics worked out fine!

It just took a mistake and the genius of Messi to make barca win that match!

If Lewandoski and Muller were more skillful, they would have at least gotten a goal!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 9:05pm On May 07, 2015
Eruditor:

LVGs tactics could have easily seen United winning 3-1 at the bridge first half but United were losing 1-0.

Luis Enrique's tactics could have easily seen Barca 2-0 up in the first half but the first half ended 0-0.

In the earlier instance, they praised the tactical savvy of Mou. In the latter instance they hounded Pep and instead Praised Neuer.

So convenient. An analytical masterclass. I am awestruck.

United had just 1 shot on target in the first half......wayward McNair shots dont count as much
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 9:06pm On May 07, 2015
homesteady:
From what I watched in the match, Pep did another version of parking the bus, - He parked the midfield with many good passers of the ball!

He knows that Barça midfield is not that strong, so he choked it with better ball passers! and it worked perfectly! Apart from his 1st 15 mins 3 man defense, his other tactics worked out fine!

If Lewandoski and Muller were more skillful, they would have at least gotten a goal!

You are getting there...close to the truth about pepe
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 9:14pm On May 07, 2015
Bayern and barca fans now know how it feels, when it happened to mou at madrid, it was his fault abi?? Lolzz, e pele.... . ......

To be honest, Pep was clearly at fault.... His stupid never bending over style will destroy him, if u dnt av good passers at the back, y build from the back when u av muller and lewy that wins everything in air..... Knowing ur defence will be facing MSN, to pass around defence means d ball is closer to ur goal when barca gets it........ If the players u av cant play tiki taka, y play it, they are d ones on the pitch not you......

Remember he also played the fastest attack in d world last season without a dm... He got trashed 5-0.......

Away games in ucl are tactical and pep has won only 3 out of 15 ucl knockout away games despite managing barca and bayern, thats dreadful abeg........

Coaches make mistake,

BUT PEP HASNT CONVINCED ME HE HIS WORLD CLASS... I remember his 2 ucl trophies, one suicidal ref called ovrebo at the Bridge....... The second was a brilliant semi and final from messi tho i give it to guardiola..... If u ask me, he was overrated at barca...

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 10:38pm On May 07, 2015
nateevs:

Big bros. I have been very busy with work man.
But I have to find time for a few post after winning the league. cheesy

Also, nothing beats laughing at Dayo.

He has enjoyed the past month taunting us from left to right , its our turn now grin cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 10:50pm On May 07, 2015
TreQuartista:
DEAD. . .

HIS BURIAL! cry

Is he truly dead ? cheesy shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:57pm On May 07, 2015
Nihilist:

I don tire for the guy analysis sef.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 11:14pm On May 07, 2015
Guardiola no try for that match ka ma kuro ka ma jale. Any tactics that failed to produce a single shot on target is obviously the wrong one.

In a game where you are lacking width you left Lahm to rot in the central midfield where Schweinsteiger, Alonso and Thiago were already occupying.

Bernat the worst player on the pitch you left him to play all 90 minutes

The few corners we got you left to a player who has shown times without number he is no good from corner kicks. Our setpiece drills were also laughable and in a game where your best players are missing you just have to be a bit more efficient against a Barca side that are vulnerable in the air

Barca scores you took out Mueller of all people. He had every right to be mad

The list is lengthy. The man no try

Disclaimer: This is not an endorsement of Moaninghoe. If he was so great he wouldn't be out in the 2nd round. Just highlighting Pep's flaws

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 07, 2015
Truce? cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:35pm On May 07, 2015
JT has faced Barca on nine occassions yet this public show of shame that reads ''Viewers discretion is advised'' was never aired.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:32am On May 08, 2015
AirborneLacer:

Lmao!

Then again, it's big words and cussing that makes little or no sense.

How is Jerome Boateng better than John Terry?

It's been roughly a week and you're yet to say something that wowed me.

The sole criterion used in judging who the best player is in Europe is perfomance - straight to the point.

The criteria I'm using to judge who's better between Boateng and JT is performance and individual honours.

Why the two criteria?

Performance defines how good you are. A mere look up of the term in a dictionary tells you that it's the accomplishment of a given task against preset known standards of accuracy and completeness.

Then the consistency with this performance is another factor I'm looking at.

Since 2003, John Terry has been relevant in the game, whilst Boateng who only hit the limelight three or four years ago has been erratic at best hence he is hardly recognised by any soul.

On the other hand, Individual honour is simply a recognition of good performance.

If Boateng doesn't have a notable individual honour in his shelve, then that entails he has not been putting up good performance, that is my logic.

JT has been there, he's seen it, has conquered it and has the honours to prove it, how does Boateng better such figure?

This is my logic, I expect a better rebuttal not tons of insults.

You're used to words like olukwu, asinwin, puna, arindin, ediot etc. I must remind you that this is a forum not a village pub.

You're arguing with an intelligent mind not a jar-head dropout, do the needful my niccur, argue intelligently.

E neffa reach one month cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 12:52am On May 08, 2015
Four days holiday given to our boys before the Liverpool game......Liverpool fans are having dreams of top 4 but some select few havent forgotten last season,when Chelsea didnt play most of their first team too and they bee worried cheesy cheesy cheesy

Another slip on the cards?? grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 12:56am On May 08, 2015
raumdeuter:

Tripe

Pep first senior coaching job, He took over a Barcelona that finished 3rd in the league, 18points points behind Madrid, Sold their best player and 18months later won 6 trophies.

So how was he an overdog when his team just finished 18points behind the league leader.

One name change is good enough in your Nairaland career.

Pep is the most sought after football coach. If Pep makes himself available today, Roman would sack Mourinho immediately. A lot of coaches always try to adopt Pep's system, His system won the World cup and Euro cup both without Messi

I am sure somewhere in Mourinhos room, he has a picture of Pep that he worships every morning.

How can you win a league, You cant even mention any of the other 19 coaches its a Pep preparing for the CL semi where he got booted many moons ago. Just like a teen obsesses over the picture of their celebrity crush.

Like my signature here used to say. I'm not looking at you, I'm looking past you

Like Stan(Mourinho) and Eminem(Guardiola), Only that this time we might encourage Pep to pay him some attention before he drives off the bridge with his pregnant wife(Chelsea) in the trunk

I totally agree with but its funny A40 totally disagrees with you... tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 1:00am On May 08, 2015
Emaprince:
This dayo is a compulsive lier sha. When pep took over at barca,The best player in the world was C. Ronaldo. Ronaldinho was arealdy a dead wood so, stop calling him the best player which he was in 2005.

There's no way pep can win a spoon with porto or inter milan. I once called him a smart coach, mourinho is also refering to him as a smart person too. I'm sure if he leaves germany, he'll take a coaching job at PSG. England is the place he'll be exposed and his career ruined.

This is NOT germany with bayern!!

You wish! grin

Trust me, he is coming! cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 1:04am On May 08, 2015
Dhelake:
Inter's wage bill for 09/10 season was 150million Euros while Arsenals was around 130m pounds which is 160million In Euros.
Was Arsenal not in Europe that year?? Damn sure Man U, Chelsea, Barca, Madrid wage bills were far higher than Inter,'s wage bill that season

BTW
This discuss is not up for Arsenal fans, So Swerve!

At least Arsenal don't need to master the art of "Park The Bus" to win at all cost... tongue grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 1:06am On May 08, 2015
bigkesh:
ku iro....... A team that didn't get to the euros semis for years before mou........ Mou cant perform under pressure? Pep cant perform without Messi...... As i wonder how he enjoys it there, at ur youth coaching in that stressless situation...... After that he can go to Psg, orlando pirates, celtic, Al alhy, donestk, basel ........ The dude would av considered Enyimba in 2007

With Parking The Bus? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhelake: 1:42am On May 08, 2015
coded01:

At least Arsenal don't need to master the art of "Park The Bus" to win at all cost... tongue grin
Parking the bus and winning treble and passing around and ending trophy less, Anyone who chooses the latter needs a brain check
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 2:06am On May 08, 2015
A40:
Guardiola no try for that match ka ma kuro ka ma jale. Any tactics that failed to produce a single shot on target is obviously the wrong one.

In a game where you are lacking width you left Lahm to rot in the central midfield where Schweinsteiger, Alonso and Thiago were already occupying.

The few corners we got you left to a player who has shown times without number he is no good from corner kicks. Our setpiece drills were also laughable and in a game where your best players are missing you just have to be a bit more efficient against a Barca side that are vulnerable in the air

Disclaimer: This is not an endorsement of Moaninghoe. If he was so great he wouldn't be out in the 2nd round. Just highlighting Pep's flaws
when did this thread become lamenting ground?? U miss road? Oga no one will console u here, na bashing
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 7:01am On May 08, 2015
A40:

go to bayern munich thread and cry like Ewu please
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:32am On May 08, 2015
The speculations and rumors were becoming unbearable that Metro had to give fantasy a thought.

Bloody fantasy grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:47am On May 08, 2015
AirborneLacer:
The speculations and rumors were becoming unbearable that Metro had to give fantasy a thought.

Bloody fantasy grin grin grin grin

Lol... That second eleven thoughgrin

Btw who is that Imbula guy?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:26am On May 08, 2015
timbros:

Lol... That second eleven thoughgrin

Btw who is that Imbula guy?

That second XI has got what it takes to win the German League.

Imbula is a French CM that plays for Marsielle.

He's more like the black version of Matic. Arrives with a long range effort every now and then, wins duels and take-ons, breaks-up play and is never a passenger.

I wouldn't mind having him as Matic's understudy, he's just 22.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 9:41am On May 08, 2015
Fūck me! Bloody Bloody Fantasy.. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 10:45am On May 08, 2015
AirborneLacer:
yeah sure
this is the objectivity you always pride yourself in cool cool cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:17am On May 08, 2015
SailorXY:

yeah sure
this is the objectivity you always pride yourself in cool cool cool

Knock it off negro, am ain't pushing that assertion.

Acknowledge sarcasm when you see one.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 11:40am On May 08, 2015
We need another CDM , AMD , and a ST.

I hate talking about the youth system for first team chances becos dey never gets there.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 11:50am On May 08, 2015
I thought BoaTANK died on Wednesday!

Lmaoooooooooooo gringringrin Haters, Y'all know yourselves!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 12:11pm On May 08, 2015
homesteady:

I couldn't agree more.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 12:40pm On May 08, 2015
bigkesh:
Bayern and barca fans now know how it feels, when it happened to mou at madrid, it was his fault abi?? Lolzz, e pele.... . ......

To be honest, Pep was clearly at fault.... His stupid never bending over style will destroy him, if u dnt av good passers at the back, y build from the back when u av muller and lewy that wins everything in air..... Knowing ur defence will be facing MSN, to pass around defence means d ball is closer to ur goal when barca gets it........ If the players u av cant play tiki taka, y play it, they are d ones on the pitch not you......

Remember he also played the fastest attack in d world last season without a dm... He got trashed 5-0.......

Away games in ucl are tactical and pep has won only 3 out of 15 ucl knockout away games despite managing barca and bayern, thats dreadful abeg........

Coaches make mistake,

BUT PEP HASNT CONVINCED ME HE HIS WORLD CLASS... I remember his 2 ucl trophies, one suicidal ref called ovrebo at the Bridge....... The second was a brilliant semi and final from messi tho i give it to guardiola..... If u ask me, he was overrated at barca...

I agreed with you until your last paragraph. Porto KOed united in 2004 by luck. And Inter needed the same luck to KO Barca in 2010. But Mou has convinced you of his WC status.

The same team Mou could not win the UCL with, Ancelloti came and did. I don't see you guys anywhere saying that Ancelloti did it because of his players yet nobody criticised Mou for failing. They made bunkum excuses for him.

Mou parked the bus against Pep in UEFA Super cup of 2013. That game ended 2-2 and then Bayern won on penalties. Nobody asked Mou why his parking-the-bus team conceded 2 goals to Pep and his high suicidal backline. But if Pep had lost that game, the same you people would have blamed him for losing and questioned his WC status.

Everyone knows why Mou and by extension Chelsea fans dislike Pep. It is because without him you lot would have claimed Mou is the best manager still plying his trade. Pep's presence nullifies all that gobbledegook.

All the criteria y'all use to crown Mou the best manager over other managers Pep has trumped. He has won more trophies in a shorter time, dominated for a longer time and has a better head to head record than Mou, yet inspite of all these he still has his traducers.

Ask Mou why he hates Pep as much as he does. In 2008 he knelt and begged Laporta and co that he would do a wonderful job at Barca but they ignored him and offered a relative newbie the job. Mou secretly wished he would look back at them one day and say "you made a mistake" but it wasn't to be. He became the most successful manager in their history.

After Mou KOed Barca in 2010 he celebrated like he had finally achieved his aim of making Pep look bad. The following year (and with Better players) Mou was outfoxed by Pep (5-0 at Nou Camp and 2-0 at Santiago) yet Pep downplayed both wins. Reverse the scenario and you would listen to a petty man say things like "We came to win but after 90mins we destroyed" and what not.

This same Mou came to Chelsea a season ago and inherited a team that had just finished 3rd with a Europa trophy. After spending big he finished 3rd again and trophyless yet it went under the radar. Pep has won more in the same time frame but all the glory goes to his players and their mistakes come to him. A. Madrid KOing Chelsea 3-1 at the bridge and 10-man PSG doing same is not scandalous enough. But it is however scandalous for Real Madrid and Barcelona to KO Pep.

How convenient.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 12:47pm On May 08, 2015
AirborneLacer:

Imbula is a French CM that plays for Marsielle.

He's more like the black version of Matic. Arrives with a long range effort every now and then, wins duels and take-ons, breaks-up play and is never a passenger.

I wouldn't mind having him as Matic's understudy, he's just 22.

grin you don dey find somebody trouble o.

Hmm that's the kind of player I wouldn't mind us signing should Mikel and/or Ramires makes way.

Kondogbia of Monaco is another combative midfielder that interests me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) ... (19126) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.