Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,358 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

How Long Should Courtship Last? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Should Courtship Last? (14120 Views)

How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? / How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? / How Long Should A Courtship Last? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by geniusmuyi(m): 6:14pm On Mar 31, 2006
Me i think 18 years minimum, so that you can study her primary, secondary ,ND, Bsc and MBA character and obtain a masters degree in the study of your fiancee. No matter how long you take to study a woman she woul not reveal her full self to you until,
Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by rubby(f): 9:47am On Apr 01, 2006
i said fights over noting serious cry, meaning, u guys have 2 hook up, u are wasting time
Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by nikitareal(f): 2:08pm On Jun 16, 2006
a good marriage doesnt depend on the length of the courtship.u cld date someone 4 6 mnths,if u r lucky,u wld end up in a good marriage.u cld court 4 5 yrs n at the same time marry the wrong person.so d length of the coutship doesnt matter at all
Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by Memunah(f): 7:52pm On Sep 24, 2006
nikitareal TRUE TALK!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by kokoletz(m): 8:20pm On Sep 24, 2006
Really length do not matter as far as you two can reconcile your character and tolorate each other cos you are from two different background.
Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by ogbojosiah: 7:26pm On Jan 11, 2008
get to know what God is saying in the first place before making any proposal.as far as am concerned, people should be patient enough when it comes to marriage,it's not for boys and girls.much time is needed to really prepare.true love can always be patient. however long is not necessary but true love that exist among the two parties.the problem is that every attention is focused only on consumation instead of on the institution of marriage proper. i think there is more to marriage than what many think, please take your time,understand each other,plan and get prepared cos children must as well be cattered for,marriage no be small thing o
Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by tlops(m): 2:07am On Jan 29, 2008
it should be as long as and as short as d two will need to know what neccessary abt each other
Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by origina9ja(f): 4:50pm On Jul 01, 2008
ogbojosiah:

get to know what God is saying in the first place before making any proposal.as far as am concerned, people should be patient enough when it comes to marriage,it's not for boys and girls.much time is needed to really prepare.true love can always be patient. however long is not necessary but true love that exist among the two parties.the problem is that every attention is focused only on consumation instead of on the institution of marriage proper. i think there is more to marriage than what many think, please take your time,understand each other,[/b]plan and get prepared because children must as well be cattered for,[b]marriage no be small thing o

true say

tlops:

it should be as long as and as short as d two will need to know what neccessary about each other
thanks i like that word neccessary because some want to know junk like how Ex and shit lol i change my mind i think knowing about your previous life is not a bad thing
abi waitin una think
Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by francessby(f): 1:17pm On Jul 02, 2008
as long as you understand your partner a bit not all, cos you will never marry him/her if you really wants to know all
Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by nextwealth: 1:45pm On Jul 02, 2008
There is no specific time frame that courtship should last.
Just follow what your heart tells you and pray concerning the matter.
You should also discuss it with your partner.If both of you can establish
that you are compatible then go ahead.
Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by kufreabasi(m): 5:21pm On Jul 02, 2008
ThoniaSlim:

when u ave taken time to kno each other and decide tie the big knot.u got to kno the kind of person u want to marry,so u don't have problems later in the marriage.
Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by squirrel20(f): 6:09pm On Jul 02, 2008
Just hate the idea of long courtship.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by brinebaba(m): 6:27pm On Jul 02, 2008
Two weeks,two months,two years,two centuries.As long as dat is wot it takes 2 understand each oda.
Some even don't do courtship & d marriage lasts!
Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by rancetech(m): 8:12pm On Jul 03, 2008
Ten years should be okay, just kidding. It depends on you and the relationship.
Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by james1(m): 4:58pm On Jul 04, 2008
Hi.
Three months;that is when it is best to strike it,after this time relationship start to loss steam.you start seeing his or her fault like mad.
True:you can choose a life partner five Mn's of reAL discussion.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by Eclairs: 7:10pm On Jul 04, 2008
@ topic

Certainly not for a life time.
Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by lucabrasi(m): 8:52pm On Jul 05, 2008
between 6 months to a year plus any less or more is tempting fate,
Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by tope2000(f): 8:56pm On Jul 05, 2008
6 month minimum
2yrs maximum

i think oo
Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by oyarose(f): 9:02pm On Jul 05, 2008
3 months
Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by Chat2MeBac(f): 9:05pm On Jul 05, 2008
It all depends on the individuals involved, I know of people who have dated for less than six months, and still happily married. And on the other hand, I know of cases where they courted for years and their marriages are disasters. In other words, know the 'dog' you have and train him or her well, Just ma 2cents,
Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by madamkoko: 9:07pm On Jul 05, 2008
I think as long as you want. You can't time something like this,

Its VERY, AND EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to knoow someone well before marrying them.

I know someone who waited 7 years, (number of perfection)  cool
Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by dadahgirl: 8:42am On Aug 04, 2008
It should last at least a year.
Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by TOYOSI20(f): 4:24pm On Aug 04, 2008
As long as it takes for both parties to feel comfortable

enough to move to the next level. wink
Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by Eclairs: 9:46am On Aug 05, 2008
TOYOSI20:

As long as it takes for both parties to feel comfortable

enough to move to the next level. wink

Seconded
Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by MrCrackles(m): 9:48am On Aug 05, 2008
courtship can last till thy kingdom come if both parties are happy with it
Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by Eaglebabe: 3:14pm On Sep 20, 2009
No time frame.It can last for a second it is ur choice,100yrs ur choice also.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 23, 2009
2 years makes you know all you wanna know about him/her
Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by Nabbyx: 9:51pm On Jun 22, 2011
No matter how long you court,if any of the party decide to hida any secret u will not know. so long courtship is out of it. 6months shld be the maximum
Re: How Long Should Courtship Last? by diva90: 7:17am On Jan 23, 2012
2 years is good enuff. for me, 1 year is the minimum, i dnt believe in rushing. a few mnths less than 12 is a very short time frame to say that you have studied someone and want to stay with them for the rest of your life. dnt make that mistake of marrying a stranger

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? / Things Women Do Better Than Men. / Why You Should Cook For Your Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.