Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

I Have Not Eaten Meat Since I Was Born(vegetarian). Is This Biblical Or Demonic? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have Not Eaten Meat Since I Was Born(vegetarian). Is This Biblical Or Demonic? (1313 Views)

Is Easter Celebration Biblical Or is it A Pagan way of Worship? / The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? / Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Not Eaten Meat Since I Was Born(vegetarian). Is This Biblical Or Demonic? by Kenneth4u205(m): 10:20am On Apr 23, 2012
I've always been odd since childhood.stays away from other kid.plays and eat alone.speaks less than 500 words in a day.but the confusing part of it is that i dont even eat meat.i can feel all the pain,anger,etc that the animal experienced at the point of slaughter.can feel those negative emotions inside the meat.is this sensitivity to the pain of others?.or is it demonic?.is there any verse in the bible that support vegetarianism?.is this a type of fasting or what?.am confused

Re: I Have Not Eaten Meat Since I Was Born(vegetarian). Is This Biblical Or Demonic? by Joagbaje(m): 11:02am On Apr 23, 2012
Kenneth4u205: I've always been odd since childhood.stays away from other kid.plays and eat alone.speaks less than 500 words in a day.but the confusing part of it is that i dont even eat meat.i can feel all the pain,anger,etc that the animal experienced at the point of slaughter.can feel those negative emotions inside the meat.is this sensitivity to the pain of others?.or is it demonic?.is there any verse in the bible that support vegetarianism?.is this a type of fasting or what?.am confused

Do you feel the pain of mosquitoes and flies that you kill ? What of rats and cockroaches ? Or do you live with them?

Life is a choice . If you were wrongly programmed from childhood by man, you can still re programme yourself by the word of God if you're born again. It is not a must to at meat . It's a choice .

God gave us the herbs and meat .

Genesis 1:29-30
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

If you feel for the meat (animals) you should feel for the vegetables too who's life was cut short.
Re: I Have Not Eaten Meat Since I Was Born(vegetarian). Is This Biblical Or Demonic? by Kenneth4u205(m): 11:30am On Apr 23, 2012
If you feel for the meat (animals) you should feel for the vegetables too who's life was cut short. [/quote] plant doe'nt feel things the way we do.plant doesnt tell lies.plant does'nt kill plant.plant doesnt fornicate,steal,envy,fight,sin etc.there,s no negativity about plant.no negative emotions in plant.thats why am able to it plant,unlike meat
Re: I Have Not Eaten Meat Since I Was Born(vegetarian). Is This Biblical Or Demonic? by PA1982(f): 11:52am On Apr 23, 2012
Here's a link to the Seventh Day Adventist website:
http://www.sdada.org/aboutsda.htm

I wish you all the best on your journey to understand your beliefs.
Re: I Have Not Eaten Meat Since I Was Born(vegetarian). Is This Biblical Or Demonic? by Snowwy: 11:52am On Apr 23, 2012
@OP,
Please meditate on the below:

Romans 14:1-6 (KJV)(Key verses picked)

1Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

2For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

3Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

5One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

From this...the onus is left to you to be fully persuaded on whatever you decide. Eating meat is not wrong neither is eating only herbs...it all depends on what you can 'stomach' and accept.
Re: I Have Not Eaten Meat Since I Was Born(vegetarian). Is This Biblical Or Demonic? by newmi(m): 9:28pm On Apr 23, 2012
Kenneth4u205: I've always been odd since childhood.stays away from other kid.plays and eat alone.speaks less than 500 words in a day.but the confusing part of it is that i dont even eat meat.i can feel all the pain,anger,etc that the animal experienced at the point of slaughter.can feel those negative emotions inside the meat.is this sensitivity to the pain of others?.or is it demonic?.is there any verse in the bible that support vegetarianism?.is this a type of fasting or what?.am confused
Like someone rightly pointed out you could as well extend that measure of sympathize to the vegetables and fruits you eat after all they are as much living as their animal colleague. l have again and again looked into this issue of eating meat or not eating meat you know one being a vegetarian the bible is clear about it personally am not that much of a meat person, God design a self sustaining system called earth with man at the top of the food chain we must recognize that fact and God cannot be wrong not by any degree.
4And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
Genesis 1:25-28
And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Acts 10:7-17
9About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11 He saw heaven opened and something likehttp://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=921157 a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12 It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air. 13 Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat." 14 "Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean." 15 The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean." 16 This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

Eating or not eating meat is based on choice and must not be based on any form of religious beliefs or as a matter of spiritual injunction with severe consequences attached for non-compliance, then at this point we know something is wrong regardless of what justifiable explanations that may be given to make it appeal to the emotional, spiritual, social or otherwise sense of man.

1 Timothy 41-5
"BUT THE [Holy] Spirit distinctly and expressly declares that in latter times some will turn away from the faith, giving attention to deluding and seducing spirits and doctrines that demons teach,
Through the hypocrisy and pretensions of liars whose consciences are seared (cauterized),
Who forbid people to marry and [teach them] to abstain from [certain kinds of] foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and have [an increasingly clear] knowledge of the truth.
For everything God has created is good, and nothing is to be thrown away or refused if it is received with thanksgiving.
For it is hallowed and consecrated by the Word of God and by prayer"

It is important to note the sections in bold for emphasis
Re: I Have Not Eaten Meat Since I Was Born(vegetarian). Is This Biblical Or Demonic? by Kenneth4u205(m): 9:44pm On Apr 23, 2012
newmi:
Like someone rightly pointed out you could as well extend that measure of sympathize to the vegetables and fruits you eat after all they are as much living as their animal colleague. l have again and again looked into this issue of eating meat or not eating meat you know one being a vegetarian the bible is clear about it personally am not that much of a meat person, God design a self sustaining system called earth with man at the top of the food chain we must recognize that fact and God cannot be wrong not by any degree.
4And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
Genesis 1:25-28
And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Acts 10:7-17
9About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11 He saw heaven opened and something likehttp://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=921157 a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12 It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air. 13 Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat." 14 "Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean." 15 The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean." 16 This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

Eating or not eating meat is based on choice and must not be based on any form of religious beliefs or as a matter of spiritual injunction with severe consequences attached for non-compliance, then at this point we know something is wrong regardless of what justifiable explanations that may be given to make it appeal to the emotional, spiritual, social or otherwise sense of man.

1 Timothy 41-5
"BUT THE [Holy] Spirit distinctly and expressly declares that in latter times some will turn away from the faith, giving attention to deluding and seducing spirits and doctrines that demons teach,
Through the hypocrisy and pretensions of liars whose consciences are seared (cauterized),
Who forbid people to marry and [teach them] to abstain from [certain kinds of] foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and have [an increasingly clear] knowledge of the truth.
For everything God has created is good, and nothing is to be thrown away or refused if it is received with thanksgiving.
For it is hallowed and consecrated by the Word of God and by prayer"

It is important to note the sections in bold for emphasis
thanks newmi,you really set my mind at peace.are you a pastor?.or do you have God calling upon your life?

(1) (Reply)

This Is Classic. It Speaks To Me. Does It Speak To You? / Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? / What Does It Mean To Be Born Of Water And Of The Spirit? John 3:5.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.