Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,309 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? (21997 Views)

How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? / What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? / What Would You Like For Christmas from your significant other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by dabrake(m): 7:41am On Apr 28, 2012
I hope my wife to be no go do all this nonsense 'cos i fit slam table, shout give am. Afterall, young girls wey dey 'chop belle full' no dey do all these ones.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Valprof: 7:48am On Apr 28, 2012
sunnshyn:
See him mouth! I'm sure u didnt't mean all dem nonsense u wrote up der! Ur intended/wife & I forgive u, cos u obviously weren't in a stable state of mind wen u wrote dat...rubbish!
MTCHEW!.Would she also feel left in the lurch if i provide her with house helps? I know if all this maternal care and blah blah were a test, I'd carry it over till year 202020.......,VALENTINE
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by achi4u(m): 7:48am On Apr 28, 2012
sunnshyn:
See him mouth! I'm sure u didnt't mean all dem nonsense u wrote up der! Ur intended/wife & I forgive u, cos u obviously weren't in a stable state of mind wen u wrote dat...rubbish!
how do blame him?a toddler,what did he know about marriage and pregnancy.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Valprof: 8:11am On Apr 28, 2012
Without mincing words, I cant do all these simply because she's pregnant.Maturity my nyash.If she cant carry d belle,na quits be dat.I have other fish to fry other than this maternity -induced servitude.Who told her to marry in the first place.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by achi4u(m): 8:12am On Apr 28, 2012
now my own little expireance...my wife got preg without she knowing it,we keep going from hospital to chemist shop until we went for utrasound befor they confirmed...that it is also a set of twins.this is how the business started and most annoying part is that she hadly takes her routine drugs and it becames a tog of war;i personly bought 'special bone' for her and alot of fruits...neally run bankruptcy.alot of water passed that bridge but am called PAPA EJIMA for my igbo family and friends and BABA MEJI for my yoruba friends only hausa remain and i need some one to tell me what they are called.thanks
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by tobezekiel(f): 11:10am On Apr 28, 2012
achi4u: now my own little expireance...my wife got preg without she knowing it,we keep going from hospital to chemist shop until we went for utrasound befor they confirmed...that it is also a set of twins.this is how the business started and most annoying part is that she hadly takes her routine drugs and it becames a tog of war;i personly bought 'special bone' for her and alot of fruits...neally run bankruptcy.alot of water passed that bridge but am called PAPA EJIMA for my igbo family and friends and BABA MEJI for my yoruba friends only hausa remain and i need some one to tell me what they are called.thanks
ull be called baba en'biyu in hausa.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by OperaMini1(m): 11:49am On Apr 28, 2012
Didn't really have much experience, though d babe took in immediately after wedding. I must confess I'd a strangely strong wife. I neva saw her vomit, was not sick 4 up to a week thro out d 9 months. She was only weak in d mornings, neva allowed me 2 cook 4 her, even d few times we went 2 d market 2geda was at my insistence. It was only much later in d pregnancy, did i start shaving her FCT, and dt was cos she could no longer do it. She told me she was pregnant just last night, n i look 4ward 2 a bigger role ds time, since we've a 2+ daughter in addition to cater for.

1 Like

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Wislet(f): 12:17pm On Apr 28, 2012
hmmm. Nice nice nice. God bless ur families.
know I'll meet someone great who'll gve me sth extra special to write too! Heheheeh. Show up fast o jare.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Wislet(f): 12:18pm On Apr 28, 2012
Opera Mini: Didn't really have much experience, though d babe took in immediately after wedding. I must confess I'd a strangely strong wife. I neva saw her vomit, was not sick 4 up to a week thro out d 9 months. She was only weak in d mornings, neva allowed me 2 cook 4 her, even d few times we went 2 d market 2geda was at my insistence. It was only much later in d pregnancy, did i start shaving her FCT, and dt was cos she could no longer do it. She told me she was pregnant just last night, n i look 4ward 2 a bigger role ds time, since we've a 2+ daughter in addition to cater for.
congratulopia... Season 2 has begun.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 28, 2012

1 Like

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by HerRoyalSexy(f): 1:15pm On Apr 28, 2012
dayohope1: I enjoyed my wife when she was pregnant as I had no younger one to take care of. I learnt to do without those sumptuous meals she used to cook before getting pregnant. Sometimes, I soaked garri at night with suya especially in her third trimester but ensured she ate some good food.
I was with her in the labour room when my baby girl came and felt like crying (though didn't) when I saw live what women go through putting to bed. It's not easy o. In fact, any man that witnesses that and still treats his wife badly needs his head examined. Today, when she does anything that offends me, I remember those days and that day of delivery and just overlook it.
You are sooooo right bro! Hopefully when all these small boys spitting shit finally mature and av a family of theirs ,sey will start reasoning better
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by PrettyCindy(f): 1:33pm On Apr 28, 2012
I was quite unlucky that i ended up with a cruel human as husband (now ex). 3 months after marriage when i didn't take in, he threatened to impregnate another woman soon. Well i finally got pregnant 6 months after marriage and i saw hell. I have never told anyone about this experience cos am a bit ashamed of it. He wasn't that happy over the news cos he already has a son from his ex fiancee (she ran away due to constant battery and i got to know late). My pregnancy was quite tough in the first 2months with the vomiting and all. He never showed concern when i was throwing up, weak, coughing, sick etc. We were married and living together but i was alone, terribly lonely. I still did all the chores, i mean every single thing including working 8am to 6pm daily. At a time i had severe cough, catarrh, nausea, vomiting and fever, this man opened up his mouth one night i just finished throwing up and said that "God was punishing me for my sins", that i wasn't sick cos of pregnancy but it was all punishment from God. I told him the only reason i was sick was because i was pregnant meaning that the sin i committed was sleeping with him as my husband. A day later he told me i was the most unimportant person in his life! Anyway long story short we seperated when i was about two months pregnant. He told me to get rid of the pregnancy since we were seperating and he proved his point by refusing to give me money for ante natal and by trying to kill the baby in my womb when he battered me but he didn't succeed. With the help of God i was able to carry my baby perfectly fine and put to bed safely. He is about 5months old now and indeed a blessing to my life and i love him with my with my life. If i had stayed with that man, i would have either lost the pregnancy or committee suicide cos of frustration or would have been pushed to the wall to do the unthinkable.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 28, 2012
PrettyCindy: I was quite unlucky that i ended up with a cruel human as husband (now ex). 3 months after marriage when i didn't take in, he threatened to impregnate another woman soon. Well i finally got pregnant 6 months after marriage and i saw hell. I have never told anyone about this experience cos am a bit ashamed of it. He wasn't that happy over the news cos he already has a son from his ex fiancee (she ran away due to constant battery and i got to know late). My pregnancy was quite tough in the first 2months with the vomiting and all. He never showed concern when i was throwing up, weak, coughing, sick etc. We were married and living together but i was alone, terribly lonely. I still did all the chores, i mean every single thing including working 8am to 6pm daily. At a time i had severe cough, catarrh, nausea, vomiting and fever, this man opened up his mouth one night i just finished throwing up and said that "God was punishing me for my sins", that i wasn't sick cos of pregnancy but it was all punishment from God. I told him the only reason i was sick was because i was pregnant meaning that the sin i committed was sleeping with him as my husband. A day later he told me i was the most unimportant person in his life! Anyway long story short we seperated when i was about two months pregnant. He told me to get rid of the pregnancy since we were seperating and he proved his point by refusing to give me money for ante natal and by trying to kill the baby in my womb when he battered me but he didn't succeed. With the help of God i was able to carry my baby perfectly fine and put to bed safely. He is about 5months old now and indeed a blessing to my life and i love him with my with my life. If i had stayed with that man, i would have either lost the pregnancy or committee suicide cos of frustration or would have been pushed to the wall to do the unthinkable.

Wow Cindy, what a horrible, disturbing story. Sounds like you fell into the hands of a mad man there. I thank God for you that you made it out with your life and for your new bundle of joy. May God heal you, protect and provide for you both and may your son bring you joy always.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:26pm On Apr 28, 2012
chaircover: Congratulations Opera. Wishing you both a happy 9 month ride and a beautiful bundle of joy at the end of it. Amen.

One thing I will say and I believe that many other women will say is that how well a man looks after you during pregnancy goes a long way in increasing the deep love & respect that you have for the man. In my case it makes me overlook some "offences" or "omissions" that my husband may commit. So what you guys do is not a wasted effort or all for nothing.

Well said Chaircover.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by azubaby(f): 4:09pm On Apr 28, 2012
my hubby was d man wen i was pregnant. He always bought roasted corn (serious cravin) for me evry day. i nearly slaped him d day he bought boiled corn grin
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Curiouscity(m): 4:13pm On Apr 28, 2012
dabrake: I hope my wife to be no go do all this nonsense 'cos i fit slam table, shout give am. Afterall, young girls wey dey 'chop belle full' no dey do all these ones.
I knew U were one of the "awaiting result"/jambites students floating NL. U better go n find what to do.

Ur comment on my earlier post shows U lack any sense of humor!! U better leave family section of NL before ur mom/dad
meets U here!
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by tpia5: 4:14pm On Apr 28, 2012
prettycindy

your ex sounds like he has a screw loose somewhere.

though we havent heard his own side, but still.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by nk(f): 4:33pm On Apr 28, 2012
My husband was very very supportive. Never allow me to do any house chores. Caring and loving, my weird craving then was iced fan youghurt, trust him to buy as much as i want for me. I am so bless to have him as my husband. Looking forward to another pregnancy and enjoyment!
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by tpia5: 4:35pm On Apr 28, 2012
^^take am easy o, lol.

na every year u wan do am? cheesy

but the actual chidlbirth and labor nko- na you go carry that one nah. smiley
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 28, 2012
@ prettycindy;
The joy of the Lord is your strength through your baby. He‘s gonna make u proud sis.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by PrettyCindy(f): 5:28pm On Apr 28, 2012
tpia@:
prettycindy

your ex sounds like he has a screw loose somewhere.

though we havent heard his own side, but still.

My sister/brother you don't have to believe if you don't want to.Even i find it difficult to believe that i still have my sanity after the cruel treatment i recieved during 7months of marriage to a man who married me. Even my mum didn't believe me initially when we first seperated until we discovered that he planned to destroy my life and from text messages he sent to me after i put to birth. The worse is that this man looks like an angel, that is he looks extremely innocent but totally dark inside.
Infact am even glad that i have been able to let this out because i didn't include it in my personal thread. Its all history now and i give God thanks daily for sparing my life. I know that God will make things right for me because till date i still can't figure out what i did to him and i never forced him into marriage.

1 Like

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by tpia5: 5:39pm On Apr 28, 2012
PrettyCindy:

My sister/brother you don't have to believe if you don't want to.Even i find it difficult to believe that i still have my sanity after the cruel treatment i recieved during 7months of marriage to a man who married me. Even my mum didn't believe me initially when we first seperated until we discovered that he planned to destroy my life and from text messages he sent to me after i put to birth. The worse is that this man looks like an angel, that is he looks extremely innocent but totally dark inside.
Infact am even glad that i have been able to let this out because i didn't include it in my personal thread. Its all history now and i give God thanks daily for sparing my life. I know that God will make things right for me because till date i still can't figure out what i did to him and i never forced him into marriage.

i went through your other posts and noticed you did indeed mention things of this nature before.

well, I think your ex might have some mental issues, going by what you described here.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Tropilo(m): 7:18pm On Apr 28, 2012
Wislet: hmmm. Nice nice nice. God bless ur families.
know I'll meet someone great who'll gve me sth extra special to write too! Heheheeh. Show up fast o jare.

Had to click the "like" button for you cos i perceive ur sincerity. Dont worry he will surely come. In Jesus name. Amen!
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 28, 2012
Tropilo:

Had to click the "like" button for you cos i perceive ur sincerity. Dont worry he will surely come. In Jesus name. Amen!

Looks like you are already advertising..

At topic: Nice thread!! I cant wait wink wink wink
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by kaze4blues(m): 8:37pm On Apr 28, 2012
Thanks Op 4 d topic. Its realy an eye opener 4 we undergradu8 nd wuld-b-husbands. Thnks posterz 4 ur coments
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Chimezie198(m): 9:17pm On Apr 28, 2012
Yess ooo! I don show
baby i swaaar i go loff u wel wel,
treat u wel wel,
cook pass Mr biggs for u,
Wash pass washing machine for u,
Go antinetal pass u.
Wotever u want just name it. . . . .

1 Like

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 28, 2012
prettycindy - so I wasn't the only one that went thru hell during my pregnancy. Its almost like we went thru the same thing - my ex even denied the pregnancy initially. man i saw hell, even when I had a threatened miscarriage at 7 weeks he spent 2 days outside the home with one of his many girlfriends and refused to bring money for hospital visits.

he sent me abusive texts during the pregnancy and even after the baby was born - to date (and my daughter is almost 1 and a half) not one penny or call or text to ask if she is alive. High blood pressure almost killed me and my child while giving birth. but it is well o!!
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by PrettyCindy(f): 9:41pm On Apr 28, 2012

Babygirl this is the time you should be praying seriously for God to direct a good man to you. While you are waiting for him to show up, please invest in prayers and ask God for the wisdom to choose the right man who will treat you like an angel. Goodluck.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Wislet(f): 9:42pm On Apr 28, 2012
clown
Chimezie198: Yess ooo! I don show
baby i swaaar i go loff u wel wel,
treat u wel wel,
cook pass Mr biggs for u,
Wash pass washing machine for u,
Go antinetal pass u.
Wotever u want just name it. . . . .
Tropilo:

amen my dear. Dnt mind vikin.
Vikin:

Looks like you are already advertising..

At topic: Nice thread!! I cant wait wink wink wink
[quote author=Tropilo]
don't embarrass that man biko.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Wislet(f): 9:44pm On Apr 28, 2012
PrettyCindy:

Babygirl this is the time you should be praying seriously for God to direct a good man to you. While you are waiting for him to show up, please invest in prayers and ask God for the wisdom to choose the right man who will treat you like an angel. Goodluck.
thanks sweetheart, dat's what we pray for. I pray God will put another testimony in ur mouth- this time for joy! It is well with u dear.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Tropilo(m): 9:48pm On Apr 28, 2012
I tried in my time o! But there was this time wifey craved for moi-moi around 9pm (she was 5mths+). Where will i find that in this place (Hull, England) at that time of the day. I took my car keys and drove off pretending to go look for it. I drove a few blocks down the road and parked, as i sat in the car thinking of what to do, naim sleep carry me.
I was woken by tappings on the windscreen. It was my wife and one oyinbo woman. Apparently, the woman saw my car and went to do "tatafo". My wife had the intension of coming to confront me and a "chic", only to find me sleeping. My intention was to past time a little so that by the i get back she would slept, but e no work.
However, she called a sis' who's married to an oyinbo man and she gave us bean flour and creyfish. By the d moi-moi ready 12midnight don pass. She still chop am. That day i almost "brake cup" (translate in yoruba).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! / Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure / If Your Wife Does Not Call You Lord But Calls Her Pastor Daddy, Send Her Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.