Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,067 members, 7,956,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:33 AM

How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? (22159 Views)

How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? / What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? / What Would You Like For Christmas from your significant other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Curiouscity(m): 4:11pm On Apr 27, 2012
Reading thru all these I have only one thing to say:

Where is my wife let me practice all I've learnt here? I remember my elder bros going thru all these with his wife.
I can't wait to experience these too. Long story short: I want to be a FATHER!!!
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 27, 2012
rokiatu: One of my biggest fear of pregnancy is how some husbands and men in general neglet their women while they are pregnant. I thought I had start a thread just to ask women who have been thru pregnancy, when you were expecting, was your significant other supportive of you? As in loving, caring, and so on.
so you losed the "war",rite?don't worry,he'll treat you well
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 27, 2012
Temistatics 007: so you losed the "war",rite?don't worry,he'll treat you well

Which war? grin Stick to the topic please don't go off topic thank you. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Analytical(m): 4:29pm On Apr 27, 2012
sookoo: @Analytical
You are a great guy with the way you treated you wife!and you are so poetic!your write up made an easy an interesting read!why not try your hands on a novel?

Thanks man. You need to see that woman adore me like a king! Of course I don't expect less because I treat her like a queen she is! You make me remember those poems I scattered her brain with so many years ago- specially written for her. I think I need to fetch them out or better still go into that mode again. Na work and huzzles no dey gree man compose again o! Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by maclatunji: 4:29pm On Apr 27, 2012
rokiatu:

Which war? grin Stick to the topic please don't go off topic thank you. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

LOL, goes to marker board to tick another swoosh. grin
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nickydrake(m): 4:32pm On Apr 27, 2012
I've always thought that when that time came, i'd go with her to the ward or wherever it is they harvest the babies, stand at her side, hold her hand. I'd close my eyes and feel every nerve tremble, every vein bulge. Experience every tide of pain that sweeps through her body in my mind's eye.... That way, I'd be sufficiently equipped to tease her about the whining and squirming all the days of our lives without fear of the usual ''you don't know what it's like'' rebuttal. cheesy

Now i know different. Or do i?
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 27, 2012
rokiatu:

alright
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by pdpiperpippen: 4:48pm On Apr 27, 2012
How supportive were they when they were making the baby that's d question grin grin grin
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by xynerise: 4:59pm On Apr 27, 2012
Seriously that was d most challenging part of a man's life towards his wife. Actually, I did d laundry, each time we go shopping, I move d cart and follow her wherever she goes and u know how boring that is grin. I was present at d labour room when she delivered of a baby. Seriously, I was the one preparing d meal when she was 8months till she gave birth. It was really an adventure to me. grin.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by pdpiperpippen: 5:05pm On Apr 27, 2012
Prince saha: More of educative threads like this. I never knew that women passes 2ru all dis b4 delivery. Oh, just an eye opener. As an undergraduate and would-be husband, i now know wot to do and when 2 do them especially during those hard periods 4 a would-be luvly wife. Op, tanx 4 an interesting thread. More power 2 ur elbow. Pls i nid more pple 2 comment on it
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by pdpiperpippen: 5:07pm On Apr 27, 2012
Come, common go and read ur books, that's how u go carry pass comot for skol, u go cme dey say wrk no dey. Pls all students stay away frm nairaland!
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Biggoozz: 5:49pm On Apr 27, 2012
@ Analytical, you are my kind, I am proud to know there are opposites of women abusers still around.

My sweetheart just clocked 22 weeks on Wednesday with our first baby. To be very candid, God helped that I anticipated her pregnancy with excitement for the 8 months we waited before we wanted to start making babies. Then I would always boast and tell her that her time to do all the shakara, tantrums and wahala she wanted would be her pregnancy days, little did I know I was asking for big trouble shocked. Can you guys belive that my wife did her last cooking the day she showed me the pregnancy test?embarassed. Neways, we fathers need to have something to boast with when the Mum's go like "I carried you in this stomach for 9 solid years!" Lol.

Its so much fun to have a privilege to show some love to our spouses in a way they cannot reciprocate it. All my wife has to do is pick her fone and call me from one room and tell me she needs me help her grab a nearby pillow, roll her eyes and tell me "thank you, you can go now" after it is done and feel good with herself. You ladies eh!

Enjoying the thread (y).

5 Likes

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by cyril83(m): 5:58pm On Apr 27, 2012
Curious_city:

U are in the wrong place!! This thread is not for kids like U.
did u notice ur post is the only odd one here?
pretenders...don't tell me u've nt gone tru pain dats more harder than being pregnant or wateva u r debatin ova...if u dnt understnd me,ao abt terminatin pregnancy,I mean "abortion"...so for u exposin ur stupidity in the name of contribution to one unresourceful topic...if ur hubby or Bf is vry carin dats ur luck,if u even have any

1 Like

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Emperoh(m): 6:02pm On Apr 27, 2012
Choi, i don laugh tire grin grin grin
Very educative and informative as well. . . . . .what Nairaland used to be known for.
Chai, showing this to my friend who just got married
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Juzhilz(m): 7:08pm On Apr 27, 2012
Interesting hw one cud follow a thread n get informed & educated without the usual 9ja men bashing.

@Analytical. U sure represent: Love, patience, endurance & what a love-happy marriage shud be. Wish u da best.

@chaircover. You rly 1 amazin n wonderful person. Ur story wuz rly inspiring.

@Op. Nyce thread.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Kemond11: 7:25pm On Apr 27, 2012
My husband has been very caring particularly during pregnancy,he cooks,do most stressful chores at home sometime i'm shy when he's in d kitchen with his friends ard,sometimes i ask hw his friends feels,his responds always is it's non of their biz.I couldnt have married a better man at dis time.Each time I vomit he pampers me more and he gives anything I asked for.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by cyril83(m): 8:05pm On Apr 27, 2012
tasandra: Op,I bless God,i was treated like a queen...my hubby even bath me some times,help tie my shoe,because my belly was very long grin he cook 2.i bless God 4 the gift.my dear dont worry,God s able cheesy
don't u have mother in law,u shud stop cookin up story or u tell ur hubby to get himself a beta job....wat u pple dnt understand is dat u abt to scatter some pple's home by sharin wat's nt happenin in ur home,imagine I neva meant to open diz topic of urs,it ws my fiance dat calld me on fone dat I shud see wat ladies r enjoyin,bathin nd cookin all di time jst bcoz she's pregnant...wat wil happen to my job if I kip doing diz all di time...only thing I understnd is dat u can help her doing some lil things dat can cause her pain nt to di extent of turnin ursef to a chef while u have a lot doin in office
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by feminineA: 9:04pm On Apr 27, 2012
@cyril83
No one is saying you should leave your job and start caring for your woman full time. what people are sharing is stories of considerate men who though busy with their day to day activities still have little time for their wives.there's nothing posted here that's far fetched. Its what you can do.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 27, 2012
Rokiatu, great thread. Thumbs up.
Thanks to everyone sharing their expriences.
I wish i wuldnt give my husband plenty wahala wen d time cums.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by dabrake(m): 9:22pm On Apr 27, 2012
Curious_city: Reading thru all these I have only one thing to say:

Where is my wife let me practice all I've learnt here? I remember my elder bros going thru all these with his wife.
I can't wait to experience these too. Long story short: I want to be a FATHER!!!
shey because dem dey praise analytical, you wan do your own if you go follow chop praise. No go learn how to be patient, tolerant, . . . You go just use vex kick your wife belle like roberto carlos wey wan play freekick. You never see anything yet. Oboy, action speaks louder than words. . . Cyril83, you nor go kill me with laff
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by MLS12(f): 9:55pm On Apr 27, 2012
My hubby wasn't ,not cos he didnt buh he is naturally lazy.he was brought up in ahome where dey blieve men dnt do house chores.I did d little I could,buh tanks 2 washing machine.buh he supported wit oda aspects,by appreciatn me,Tanking God he found me,Takn me out,wen I was having complications,he took 2 all d hospitals I was referred to.buh house chores,Nooooo
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by HerRoyalSexy(f): 9:58pm On Apr 27, 2012
Mine was very supportive...d notion i ad b4 i got preggers was that the woman would become so irritating to the man,he wldnt wanna be seen with you in public,he might even stop sharing the same bedroom with you and really treat you bad. Well I'm glad to say i was wrong! Up till the day i put to made he was soooooo sweet to me,he made me feel very sexy and hawt tru his words and actions.he always begged to see me without ma clothes on,bathed with me,tell me things dat sure makes a woman feel ontop of the world.i tut pregnancy wld kill our sex life as a woman obviously bcomes less sexy and attractive,just looking like a round ball buh once again i was wrong. I could go on and on. The dude was so good. The whole experoence made me love him more and it didn't matter dat he was der with me during labor.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by HerRoyalSexy(f): 10:11pm On Apr 27, 2012
cyril83: don't u have mother in law,u shud stop cookin up story or u tell ur hubby to get himself a beta job....wat u pple dnt understand is dat u abt to scatter some pple's home by sharin wat's nt happenin in ur home,imagine I neva meant to open diz topic of urs,it ws my fiance dat calld me on fone dat I shud see wat ladies r enjoyin,bathin nd cookin all di time jst bcoz she's pregnant...wat wil happen to my job if I kip doing diz all di time...only thing I understnd is dat u can help her doing some lil things dat can cause her pain nt to di extent of turnin ursef to a chef while u have a lot doin in office
i am glad i didn't end up with a guy like you *whew* ( -̩̩̩͡˛ -̩̩̩͡ ) for your future wifey
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by ideamaster(m): 10:23pm On Apr 27, 2012
Nice thread...i av sure learnt alot dat i could apply when the time comes...
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Iranoladun(f): 10:53pm On Apr 27, 2012
Mine was never supportive. Despite knowing how to cook or do chore; he simply believe its a woman job to get pregnant and cope at the same time. Thank God for Housekeeper and my kid sister helping me to cook my favourite efo soko and roasted fish with only pepper (no, onions, no maggi, no nothing; just pepper, salt and fish). Even the day I put to bed, he was so scare that he didn't know what to do, I had to take charge till my mum's arrival. sad

Thank God we still have men that are supportive kiss
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:22am On Apr 28, 2012
wait is it EVERY WOMAN that must go through all these crap?

i have seen quite a few women in close quarters whilst preggies and they were not giving nobody all this rubbish stress other than the odd cravings for weird food.

spitting all over, vomiting ish, back is are all normal i know but which one is vomiting/spitting on the dining table during dinner, dem nor dey sell tissue for market again? if half the stories here are true, which i think not but are rather embellished to "shine", then u pple got a few screws loose.

this is y my wife will spend the entire duration of her 1st belle in her mothers house and i will go visiting 4 times a week. nonsense. na all these spoilt women and ibo gals go dey follow u do all these one na, u don see aboki wife dey try all this one? or na mama ramota na im go say becos she get belle make her husband life dey unbearable? she go go inconvenience her papa first.. angry angry angry

mcheew
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by cyril83(m): 12:24am On Apr 28, 2012
HerRoyalSexy: i am glad i didn't end up with a guy like you *whew* ( -̩̩̩͡˛ -̩̩̩͡ ) for your future wifey
stop crying baby!
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by tpia5: 12:25am On Apr 28, 2012
my favourite efo soko and roasted fish with only pepper (no, onions, no maggi, no nothing; just pepper, salt and fish).

i wonder how that tastes.

not even onions?
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by jephiano: 12:45am On Apr 28, 2012
Men i'm in paradise o! My wife's hormones know dat im not Analytical Or MR. CC so dem no act up at all! Even with all this enjoyment i hav not been as supportive as i wish......thanx to u all. I know i got lot of room for improvement.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:18am On Apr 28, 2012
What some of you doubtful men should understand is that different women show different reactions during pregnancy. Some have morning sicknesses while some do not; some have cravings while some don't. Some become very tired and lie down most times, some are hyperactive.

So different strokes for different folks. Whichever traits your wife exhibit, deal with it in the most affectionate way you can since it is what you deposited in her that she is carrying.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 5:56am On Apr 28, 2012
He once told me he could live with any kind of woman, I thought he was just making mouth but after all these years I believe him wholeheartedly. Was I a nag? A pain in the azz? Yes and did he put up with all that? Absolutely well.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 28, 2012
I enjoyed my wife when she was pregnant as I had no younger one to take care of. I learnt to do without those sumptuous meals she used to cook before getting pregnant. Sometimes, I soaked garri at night with suya especially in her third trimester but ensured she ate some good food.
I was with her in the labour room when my baby girl came and felt like crying (though didn't) when I saw live what women go through putting to bed. It's not easy o. In fact, any man that witnesses that and still treats his wife badly needs his head examined. Today, when she does anything that offends me, I remember those days and that day of delivery and just overlook it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is It Ideal For A Mother-in-law To Move In With A Newly Married Couple?? / The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite / Please, What Do You Call Omugwo In English Language?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.