Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? (22003 Views)

How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? / What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? / What Would You Like For Christmas from your significant other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Tropilo(m): 10:11pm On Apr 28, 2012
Vikin:

Looks like you are already advertising..

At topic: Nice thread!! I cant wait wink wink wink

Pls go and prepare for ur post-JME. I pray u do well. Good luck!
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by tpia5: 10:17pm On Apr 28, 2012
Tropilo: I tried in my time o! But there was this time wifey craved for moi-moi around 9pm (she was 5mths+). Where will i find that in this place (Hull, England) at that time of the day. I took my car keys and drove off pretending to go look for it. I drove a few blocks down the road and parked, as i sat in the car thinking of what to do, naim sleep carry me.
I was woken by tappings on the windscreen. It was my wife and one oyinbo woman. Apparently, the woman saw my car and went to do "tatafo". My wife had the intension of coming to confront me and a "chic", only to find me sleeping. My intention was to past time a little so that by the i get back she would slept, but e no work.
However, she called a sis' who's married to an oyinbo man and she gave us bean flour and creyfish. By the d moi-moi ready 12midnight don pass. She still chop am. That day i almost "brake cup" (translate in yoruba).

funny story.

just wondering- was there no beans in the house, or why couldnt you [and/or wifey] make the moi moi yourself.

i doubt the taste would even matter.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Chimezie198(m): 11:42pm On Apr 28, 2012
Wislet: clown.
stop d Attitude before i change my mind. Look sweery, lovely guys lyk moi are very very scarce nowadays!
So utilize dis opportunity wel wel.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Wislet(f): 12:34am On Apr 29, 2012
Chimezie198: stop d Attitude before i change my mind. Look sweery, lovely guys lyk moi are very very scarce nowadays!
So utilize dis opportunity wel wel.
hehehheheeheh
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Chimezie198(m): 12:45am On Apr 29, 2012
Wislet: hehehheheeheh
if u dont mind, am related to former papa ajasco.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by EfemenaXY: 1:09am On Apr 29, 2012
@ PrettyCindy, you poor dear! sad

**Lots of hugs & kisses for you**

No woman should have to go through what you've been through. It is indeed strange that your (ex) hubby threatened to get someone else just 3 months into matrimony & yet when you take in 3 months later, he demands you have an abortion? Odd one.

Anyway, May your baby forever be a source of joy & blessings to you!

May the good lord always give you strength & bless you and your baby for always...
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by PrettyCindy(f): 3:38am On Apr 29, 2012
cotton101: prettycindy - so I wasn't the only one that went thru hell during my pregnancy. Its almost like we went thru the same thing - my ex even denied the pregnancy initially. man i saw hell, even when I had a threatened miscarriage at 7 weeks he spent 2 days outside the home with one of his many girlfriends and refused to bring money for hospital visits.

he sent me abusive texts during the pregnancy and even after the baby was born - to date (and my daughter is almost 1 and a half) not one penny or call or text to ask if she is alive. High blood pressure almost killed me and my child while giving birth. but it is well o!!

Yet some people will conclude that you are lieing just to attract pity. My ex was very good at lieing to his family n friends to attract pity to himself and he unknowingly said it one day but as for me, i won't lie against him and my sister i believe you. Some men are just too cruel to their wives and i wonder outloud "y did they marry in the first place"? Ex husband made me feel like i was less a human, i never felt like a wife at all. Any way my dear its well with at least we made it out alive. Some others were not lucky.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by OperaMini1(m): 5:41am On Apr 29, 2012
chaircover: Congratulations Opera. Wishing you both a happy 9 month ride and a beautiful bundle of joy at the end of it. Amen.

One thing I will say and I beleive that many other women will say is that how well a man looks after you during pregnancy goes a long way in increasing the deep love & respect that you have for the man. In my case it makes me overlook some "offences" or "ommisions" that my husband may commit. So what you guys do is not a wasted effort or all for nothing.
chaircover: Congratulations Opera. Wishing you both a happy 9 month ride and a beautiful bundle of joy at the end of it. Amen.
One thing I will say and I beleive that many other women will say is that how well a man looks after you during pregnancy goes a long way in increasing the deep love & respect that you have for the man. In my case it makes me overlook some "offences" or "ommisions" that my husband may commit. So what you guys do is not a wasted effort or all for nothing.
tnks dear, but i think its most wicked for a man 2 treat d wife differently during pregnancy, abi dt pregnancy no bi dem collabo? But pls o, why is it dt some of our doctors n even d wives don't allow us come into d labour room? I believe it's d height of all d love n care I'd show her in dt most difficult period.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by PrettyCindy(f): 5:56am On Apr 29, 2012
Efemena_xy: @ PrettyCindy, you poor dear! sad

**Lots of hugs & kisses for you**

No woman should have to go through what you've been through. It is indeed strange that your (ex) hubby threatened to get someone else just 3 months into matrimony & yet when you take in 3 months later, he demands you have an abortion? Odd one.

Anyway, May your baby forever be a source of joy & blessings to you!

May the good lord always give you strength & bless you and your baby for always...

Thanks and Amen.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by PrettyCindy(f): 6:00am On Apr 29, 2012
ileobatojo:

Wow Cindy, what a horrible, disturbing story. Sounds like you fell into the hands of a mad man there. I thank God for you that you made it out with your life and for your new bundle of joy. May God heal you, protect and provide for you both and may your son bring you joy always.

Amen and Amen.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by afm4ever(m): 6:26am On Apr 29, 2012
dis thread is wonderfull am learning somethings 4 future use cos am not married yet ;Ddis thread is wonderfull am learning somethings 4 future use cos am not married yet
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by diamondlove: 6:53am On Apr 29, 2012
sighs
Tho wit my mum bt baby fada is so supportive, doesn't mind leavin frm my house 2 work bt I personally don't want him stressed, all I want him do is jst pumpin moni
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by cuteruth(f): 9:25am On Apr 29, 2012
Nice thread, my husband really tried because I was always sick and the doctor said I should not stress myself. The only aspect I don't like is my husband cooking because he cooks so fast n the food does not taste sweet. But I like him making the pounded yam, semo and bringing me Fan yogo from work. It's a sweet journey but headache no allow me rest.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by slimtoney(m): 9:38am On Apr 29, 2012
Hmmmm, I got married 9 months ago and abt 2 months into d marriage she got preg. She is such a rare gem. No vomit, no spit but she sleep alot. I took over bathing her wen she is weak, I cook, even she feels bad dat she is arround n I hve to do all that house chores. For d first tym since we met I washed her undies n I was glad I did. I feel her pains. Right now every other projects are on hold cuz I want to make her n our child comfortable. My regret now is dat my job has taken me away frm home. She is so strong n appreciative. She say a word of prayer 4 me every morning. Am lucky. I wanna do more

3 Likes

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by PrettyCindy(f): 11:23am On Apr 29, 2012
slimtoney: Hmmmm, I got married 9 months ago and abt 2 months into d marriage she got preg. She is such a rare gem. No vomit, no spit but she sleep alot. I took over bathing her wen she is weak, I cook, even she feels bad dat she is arround n I hve to do all that house chores. For d first tym since we met I washed her undies n I was glad I did. I feel her pains. Right now every other projects are on hold cuz I want to make her n our child comfortable. My regret now is dat my job has taken me away frm home. She is so strong n appreciative. She say a word of prayer 4 me every morning. Am lucky. I wanna do more

Oh my! You are da bomb. She will forever appreciate and respect you till death.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 29, 2012
I love this thread, its such a happy thread and shows that we really have caring men, not just the abusive ones we read about every other day.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Tropilo(m): 11:44am On Apr 29, 2012
@Prettycindy and Cotton101: Bia una no get brothers to arrange those men? Even sisters sef, if dem no fit fight, dem no get finger nails?

1 Like

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Gudintent: 5:44pm On Apr 29, 2012
Told me to remove the b*****d

i obliged.

Now he is going from one church, mosque, herbalist house to another in search of one undecided
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Luchitec(m): 6:25pm On Apr 29, 2012
OMG! Your ex is a confirmed nutcase.May God continue to strengthen and protect you and your baby.
PrettyCindy: I was quite unlucky that i ended up with a cruel human as husband (now ex). 3 months after marriage when i didn't take in, he threatened to impregnate another woman soon. Well i finally got pregnant 6 months after marriage and i saw hell. I have never told anyone about this experience cos am a bit ashamed of it. He wasn't that happy over the news cos he already has a son from his ex fiancee (she ran away due to constant battery and i got to know late). My pregnancy was quite tough in the first 2months with the vomiting and all. He never showed concern when i was throwing up, weak, coughing, sick etc. We were married and living together but i was alone, terribly lonely. I still did all the chores, i mean every single thing including working 8am to 6pm daily. At a time i had severe cough, catarrh, nausea, vomiting and fever, this man opened up his mouth one night i just finished throwing up and said that "God was punishing me for my sins", that i wasn't sick cos of pregnancy but it was all punishment from God. I told him the only reason i was sick was because i was pregnant meaning that the sin i committed was sleeping with him as my husband. A day later he told me i was the most unimportant person in his life! Anyway long story short we seperated when i was about two months pregnant. He told me to get rid of the pregnancy since we were seperating and he proved his point by refusing to give me money for ante natal and by trying to kill the baby in my womb when he battered me but he didn't succeed. With the help of God i was able to carry my baby perfectly fine and put to bed safely. He is about 5months old now and indeed a blessing to my life and i love him with my with my life. If i had stayed with that man, i would have either lost the pregnancy or committee suicide cos of frustration or would have been pushed to the wall to do the unthinkable.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 29, 2012
Tropilo:

Pls go and prepare for ur post-JME. I pray u do well. Good luck!

Look at the maadMan!! post-JME ni....tell her your mind and stop running around the clock. Just click 'like' if you like the comment...must you tell her you clicked 'like'??

Small pikin like you! tongue tongue tongue

Abeg what was the topic again?
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Wislet(f): 7:11pm On Apr 29, 2012
Vikin:

Look at the maadMan!! post-JME ni....tell her your mind and stop running around the clock. Just click 'like' if you like the comment...must you tell her you clicked 'like'??

Small pikin like you! tongue tongue tongue

Abeg what was the topic again?
ps no insults. That's a married man u're insulting.. He was jst complimenting biko.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by PrettyCindy(f): 8:14pm On Apr 29, 2012
Gudintent: Told me to remove the b*****d

i obliged.

Now he is going from one church, mosque, herbalist house to another in search of one undecided

That's karma right there.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by PrettyCindy(f): 8:27pm On Apr 29, 2012
Tropilo: @Prettycindy and Cotton101: Bia una no get brothers to arrange those men? Even sisters sef, if dem no fit fight, dem no get finger nails?

Lol! No now, i no fit do that kind na. Irrespective of all he did, at least he was my husband and i once loved him. tho say him deserve am sha. Besides it won't speak well of me and my family because i will definitely get married (of course carefully and prayerfully this time) and i don't think any reasonable matured man will want to marry a girl her family beat up her ex. D man go run ooo!
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 29, 2012
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Wislet(f): 9:23pm On Apr 29, 2012
mmmh. God bless these women.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by PrettyCindy(f): 9:29pm On Apr 29, 2012
chaircover:

Wow, that is deep lipsrsealed

prettycindy, I really like you! kiss you have a good and sensible head on your shoulders. Dont worry, all will be well kiss

Madam Chaircover thanks. All will be well indeed.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by ideamaster(m): 9:33pm On Apr 29, 2012
PrettyCindy:

Lol! No now, i no fit do that kind na. Irrespective of all he did, at least he was my husband and i once loved him. tho say him deserve am sha. Besides it won't speak well of me and my family because i will definitely get married (of course carefully and prayerfully this time) and i don't think any reasonable matured man will want to marry a girl her family beat up her ex. D man go run ooo!

Eeya.dis life self...reasonable and right thinking pple dont get d best they deserve. Prettycindy, i lik ur maturity. U would definately get someone who deserves you.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 29, 2012
PrettyCindy:

are we twins - yeah i did the same (did regret not allowing him get the beating of his life) but revenge is for God and trust me when I say this his life is a mess right now, me I have moved on and have a much happier and brighter future ahead of me. anyway when one has the future miss most beautiful girl in the world (not nigeria o WORLD!!!!) as their daughter how can life not be good. LOL
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:43pm On Apr 29, 2012
Emperoh: Choi, i don laugh tire grin grin grin
Very educative and informative as well. . . . . .what Nairaland used to be known for.
Chai, showing this to my friend who just got married

You are right Emporoh. Such threads are scarce commodity now. sad

@Topic,

According to hubby he was supportive to the best of his ability butaccording to me, e no try reach.lol

I had morning sickness with constant vomitting d first 4 months so it usually leaves me really weak. I couldn't take in anything without throwing it out. Hubby was really supportive then. He was eager to help me get sum'n that will stay in my tummy, supporting with 'basic' house chores and d likes. Sex was a big issue as I was always so tired. So he had to endure. He was good at massaging too. He also bought me lots of books to read on pregnancy and stuff.

I was a lot stronger during my last trimester. That was when e no try at all. He was always running away from me cos of my biggy belle. Says he was scared of it.lol. Na by force we dey have sex o and doctor says na dat tym I need am pass. Due to the nature of his jobs, he travels a lot as well. Till date, I still blame him for the Episiotomy and tear during delivery grin cheesy
He was most especially good at the dos n don'ts during pregnancy. He made me follow doctors instructions to the letter. cool
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by agiboma(f): 11:48pm On Apr 29, 2012
PrettyCindy: I was quite unlucky that i ended up with a cruel human as husband (now ex). 3 months after marriage when i didn't take in, he threatened to impregnate another woman soon. Well i finally got pregnant 6 months after marriage and i saw hell. I have never told anyone about this experience cos am a bit ashamed of it. He wasn't that happy over the news cos he already has a son from his ex fiancee (she ran away due to constant battery and i got to know late). My pregnancy was quite tough in the first 2months with the vomiting and all. He never showed concern when i was throwing up, weak, coughing, sick etc. We were married and living together but i was alone, terribly lonely. I still did all the chores, i mean every single thing including working 8am to 6pm daily. At a time i had severe cough, catarrh, nausea, vomiting and fever, this man opened up his mouth one night i just finished throwing up and said that "God was punishing me for my sins", that i wasn't sick cos of pregnancy but it was all punishment from God. I told him the only reason i was sick was because i was pregnant meaning that the sin i committed was sleeping with him as my husband. A day later he told me i was the most unimportant person in his life! Anyway long story short we seperated when i was about two months pregnant. He told me to get rid of the pregnancy since we were seperating and he proved his point by refusing to give me money for ante natal and by trying to kill the baby in my womb when he battered me but he didn't succeed. With the help of God i was able to carry my baby perfectly fine and put to bed safely. He is about 5months old now and indeed a blessing to my life and i love him with my with my life. If i had stayed with that man, i would have either lost the pregnancy or committee suicide cos of frustration or would have been pushed to the wall to do the unthinkable.

ooo my you really went through a hard time. I know what its like when these men become real mean during pregnancy. I had it all during my last pregnancy but thrust me thats another thread altogether. Some men just loose it really, i think pregnancy it can go either way either they real good or real bad. thank g-d you and baby survived and you are moving on to a brighter future.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Tgirl4real(f): 12:03am On Apr 30, 2012
@ prettycindy and Cotton101,

God is your strength. See me complaining dat my hubby didn't do enough, whereas some of you had it extremely difficult. I know how it is when pregnant with all the raging emotions. I can only imagine what an abuse of any sort will do to you at that stage.

At d early stage of my pregnancy, around d first few weeks, my hubby didn't understand. He thought I was just being lazy and seeking attention. At a point, I had to text him to let him know that his attitude poses a danger to my health and that of our unborn child. He got d msg straight on and repented.

I'm so sorry for what you guys went through.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by tpia5: 4:33am On Apr 30, 2012
Gudintent: Told me to remove the b*****d

i obliged.

if possible, please forgive the guy/free him so he can have kids.

people do things in ignorance sometimes, which they cant undo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! / If Your Wife Does Not Call You Lord But Calls Her Pastor Daddy, Send Her Back / Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.