Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll (14298 Views)

Buhari’s Approval Rating Crashes Down – Poll / Nigeria - 2nd Most Positive (happiest) Country In Africa - Gallup Poll / Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by whizkid10(m): 11:13pm On May 01, 2012
Nonsense tribalist will still continue to criticise our best President despite that fact that we all know he (GEJ) mean well for this country...which former President ever thought of exposing our corrupt officials,let alone punish them.Or you dumb heads wnt him to go and fight those hoodlums that are out to distract his govt.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Delafruita(m): 11:14pm On May 01, 2012
teskyg: The poll is correct.I ran a poll on GEJ amoung ma friends,about 10 of them.8 appoved of GEJ.
birds of a feather always flock together so am not suprised.its even possible it was your poll results gallup used to arrive at its senseless and idiotic conclusion
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Delafruita(m): 11:18pm On May 01, 2012
@whizkid
if you have no meaningful contribution,just keep quiet rather than insulting our intelligence and making accusations.who has GEJ exposed or imprisoned for corruption?rather he has tried to shield them from prosecution.jona is a failure in all ramifications

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by supremebeing09: 11:18pm On May 01, 2012
And I'm the first black (Nigerian) Prime Minister of England!
Story, story, STORY!!!
Once upon a time...

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by jedisco(m): 11:19pm On May 01, 2012
When I look at most of these computer political analysts, I can't help but laugh.

Well from recent history, its clearly evident that the political situation on NL is the exact opposite of what is going on in the real Nigeria.

What I know for sure as a Nigerian in touch with the reality of the way Nigerians think is this: that if the last elections were conducted again, GEJ would still win even with a greater margin because Nigerians would still vote for him i.e they approve him

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by supremebeing09: 11:22pm On May 01, 2012
whizkid10: Nonsense tribalist will still continue to criticise our best President despite that fact that we all know he (GEJ) mean well for this country...which former President ever thought of exposing our corrupt officials,let alone punish them.Or you dumb heads wnt him to go and fight those hoodlums that are out to distract his govt.

Ibori paints a very good picture of the president exposing corrupt officials!! He was exposed, rightly prosecuted by the Nigerian government and even tried in Nigeria. That's a first! Was he not also found guilty and sentenced to 13 years by the Nigerian government/court of justice?!

This example is only a needle in the haystack. I'm sure the corrupt officials will continue to be "exposed and brought to justice accordingly" by the "President". More "prosecutions" please El Presidente.

MY GOOD FRIEND, LET'S CALL A SPADE A SPADE. DO NOT DECEIVE YOURSELF OR THE INTELLIGENCE OF NAIRALANDERS!
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by DaLover(m): 11:24pm On May 01, 2012
Delafruita: @whizkid
if you have no meaningful contribution,just keep quiet rather than insulting our intelligence and making accusations.who has GEJ exposed or imprisoned for corruption?rather he has tried to shield them from prosecution.jona is a failure in all ramifications

So meaningful contributions are those that insult the president abi?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by TheShopKeeper(m): 11:31pm On May 01, 2012
Definetely billions of dollars have changed hands.
What a cock and bull gallup poll ratings
They should have conducted the poll in nigeria and not in the US.
Is GEJ the president of US, rubbish.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Delafruita(m): 11:32pm On May 01, 2012
DaLover:

So meaningful contributions are those that insult the president abi?
meaningful contributions are those that dont seek to degrade our sense of perception of the reality we live in.you cant fabricate fantasies and attempt to pass them off as reality.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by REVOLUTNIS: 11:36pm On May 01, 2012
CRIMINALS!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by malc619(m): 11:40pm On May 01, 2012
Someone ‎​Ȋ̝̊̅$ smiling to D̶̲̥̅̊ bank......
C0ck & bull poll

cool
cool

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Ayatullah(m): 11:43pm On May 01, 2012
AMERICA, THE GREAT SATAN AT WORK AGAIN! I SEEK REFUGE IN ALLAH THE EXALTED FROM THE GREAT SATAN. MAY ALLAH'S MERCY SOON VISIT NIGERIA FOR THE SAKE OF THE DYING INNOCENTS IN THE HANDS OF A DRUNKKINJONADULL.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by busybee24: 11:44pm On May 01, 2012
LOl who manufactured this utter pack of lies Jokers..

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Jilo83(m): 11:44pm On May 01, 2012
The sample was drawn frm his immediate family, he can't get figure frm Bayelsa talkless of his cabinet. The report is a scam there4 should b disregarded. Thank u.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by greatlee(m): 11:46pm On May 01, 2012
Why must the U.S impose such a malicious lie on we the Nigerians? I am begining to think that the U.S are the brain behind our ecnonomic melt down. Why would they be singing praises to a leader that has achieved nothing but suffocated the little remaining life out of the dying Nigeria and after all they will say Nigerrians say... Enough is enough!! we did not say anything. U.S SAID so and we the Nigerians!!! God will punish the U.S for calling black green.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Bright2(m): 11:48pm On May 01, 2012
This people just dey use style dey fyn wetin dem go hear from our mouth,no wahala dem go soon hear am.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by deandavid(m): 11:48pm On May 01, 2012
$tunna:
here we go again, im sure the poll is accurate; since i have stated again and again that a few people can only take hold of a whole nation such as nigeria and hold it hostage and rule over it for so long and plunder it so ruthlessly with no consequences and for so long without the tacit approval of the people!

what about all those drum beatings and dances yall have anytime there's a new ruler...no matter how he gets there, guns of politics

pls. i have also tried to inform nigerians that they r some of the most self-unaware group in the world!

so, no one should be surprised...it is known in psychology that there is quite often a huge difference between what people say they feel and their actual feeling. lol
let me ask u sir, how many people took part in this poll, did u vote? Did any nldr vote? I believe 50% if not more ,tha are ict incline didnt even know abt dis poll, and according to my satistics, the users of the internet in nigeria are not up to 50 million, so how did they get 80% nigerians to vote? Abi na almajiris, wen neva fit read book na him do dis poll? Or na d market women 4 effurun and igbudu market do dis poll. Even the aware nigerian students that are more 30% of nigerians have not even seen this poll. so the answer is....FALSE!!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by denitro(m): 11:55pm On May 01, 2012
LOL
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Kobojunkie: 11:59pm On May 01, 2012
Yeske!:
^^^Exactly my thoughts too.
I don't believe this represented the true feeling of Nigerians.

This poll was conducted in 2011. I would think right about the same time 90% and more Nigerians were proud they overwhelmingly voted for Jonathan to get a full term in April 2011. Up until the fuel Scarcity debacle, I believe many Nigerians believed the man was the right man for Nigeria and would have definitely approved any calls to give him MORE TIME.

So, while many on here are quick to reject this, wonder what would happen if we were given the chance of an election this april. I would say that Jonathan will likely win given the average Nigerian's penchant to create EXCUSES for why the status quo must be allowed to continue.
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by chucky234(m): 12:01am On May 02, 2012
What an irony,I think they meant disapproves and not approval. Before the April 2011 general election 89% of Nigerians approved of GEJ but today only 10% approves of him and only his PDP members along with Otuoke indigenes make up that 10%

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by NEROSKY(m): 12:17am On May 02, 2012
This is a paid 4anouncement,my worst xperience in dis odious country is in Jonaretard era,
imagin me buyin 2litres of fuel 4 200hundred naira instead of 100 or 130,going to sch 4rm my house which is suppoze to be 40naira hiked to 70 naira, light situation became worst (crying 4 D country cuz is doomed) their corruption is abuse of corruption...i wish doz who will win lottery or had already won it best of luck,jst liv d death trap 4us God will c us 2ru....am also saddened dat d damn country has joined d list of most feared country....mehn our leaders all deserv death..amen minus Rochas n his like...

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:20am On May 02, 2012
whizkid10: Nonsense tribalist will still continue to criticise our best President despite that fact that we all know he (GEJ) mean well for this country...which former President ever thought of exposing our corrupt officials,let alone punish them.Or you dumb heads wnt him to go and fight those hoodlums that are out to distract his govt.

ℓi̶̲̥̅̊kε̲̣̣̣̥ Rolling with Alamco. The ex-governor and his ex-boss accused of looting. He should at least expose the sponsors of Boko Haram.
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by jedisco(m): 12:26am On May 02, 2012
deandavid: let me ask u sir, how many people took part in this poll, did u vote? Did any nldr vote? I believe 50% if not more ,tha are ict incline didnt even know abt dis poll, and according to my satistics, the users of the internet in nigeria are not up to 50 million, so how did they get 80% nigerians to vote? Abi na almajiris, wen neva fit read book na him do dis poll? Or na d market women 4 effurun and igbudu market do dis poll. Even the aware nigerian students that are more 30% of nigerians have not even seen this poll. so the answer is....FALSE!!

I don't know how the poll was done and I'm not here to prove its credibility.
But let me ask you which group of people do you think influence elections through their votes? Is it the ICT professionals, professors, those who have access to the internet e.t.c. Or the illiterate almajiris, bread sellers, okada riders e.t.c.
Which group do you think are ready to go out and vote and even fight to protect it just because of #500 or some measures of rice.
Then lastly which groups do you think should ideally consist the sample population in polls like this.

The problem with most of you is that you base your opinion on what you read here forgetting that almost 70% of Nigerians live on less than N160 a day. Do you expect this ones to use their meagre income on internet bundles? The fact is that the majority of the relatively few Nigerians who use the internet, use it for social and entertainment purposes mainly and do not have time for all this talk. This is the major reason why the political situation in NL is very different what goes on in Nigeria
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Nobody: 12:52am On May 02, 2012
the poll was conducted when he just got sworn in after yardua died, so dont fret.
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by koruji(m): 1:11am On May 02, 2012
Yeah 81% of ghosts and stones, just like his "election".

I guess the north was not part of this poll.
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by AndroBlaze: 1:11am On May 02, 2012
This R U B B I S H will probably be the funniest thing I will see all year. Thank's for the entertainment OP.
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Nobody: 1:40am On May 02, 2012
PDP GOVT greatest scam of d Land
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by nijanigga: 2:27am On May 02, 2012
Why not 70% of Nigerians are living on less than $2/day. So majority are hungry, can't you see the hirelings bukola saraki used to garner support for him in lagos? This is pure Stupidity,with carnage on the road,no sane person will allow himself/herself to be used like a goat.
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Ngutor(m): 2:40am On May 02, 2012
Going through all contributions to this point, one will be forced to disagree with this poll as about 81% of contributors believe this poll to be wrong. A closer look will reveal that this poll was conducted in 2011. As a particular date is not given, one will tend to assume it was conducted before the elections or between 6 to 8 months after the elections. If we choose to be honest with ourselves we will agree that these numbers will not come up at the moment in any poll.
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by onyengbu: 3:03am On May 02, 2012
81% might be too high but believe it or not GEJ is still very popular and Boko haram is helping to do that.

If you like cry as much as you like but the reality on the ground is that boko haram activities are making GEJ the victim even though you guys wont lke to believe that.
But that was also how you guys believed that Buhari is very popular in 2011.

You guys just need to get off the internet sometimes cheesy
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by economia: 3:23am On May 02, 2012
teskyg: The poll is correct.I ran a poll on GEJ amoung ma friends,about 10 of them.8 appoved of GEJ.
YOUR FRIENDS FRAME MUST BE 85% INBECIDE!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Child Kidnap, Rape, imprisonment, Forced Islamisation/marriage by Sharia Court / Mimiko's Cabinet Members Defect To APC / Muiz Banire Replies Sahara Reporters On N500,000 Gift Allegation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.