Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll (14294 Views)

Buhari’s Approval Rating Crashes Down – Poll / Nigeria - 2nd Most Positive (happiest) Country In Africa - Gallup Poll / Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Nobody: 9:24am On May 02, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

You are just dishing out names as if you were the one who manufactured them in the first place.

Is it not under the same GEJ government that you got to know about those names and the roles they might have played in this Boko Haram issue. Why is everybody suddenly becoming smaarter than the government. Cheap internet abi? Ok naa. If you have an overwhelming evidence against these people why not go to court and demand that they are prosecuted with your incontrovertible evidence. SMH

Let us be objective for once.The people he named didnt commit crimes under jonathan's government but what is jonathan doing to bring them to justice since he's now the president ? Remember ibori was acquitted until the london court later send him to jail.
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 9:29am On May 02, 2012
dmainboss:

We are discussing an issue here. My point is not whether I think he is worth 81% rating. My point is that the reality on the ground depends on many factors. Being angry on NL does not change many of those factors. Havent you noticed that majority of those on NL who insult the president are from the south west? I have always said that the fundamental issue in Nigeria is that we do not see ourselves as one people. It is the root of everything else that is bad. Until we can somehow sort that out, either by a kind of national conference or something else, other vices like corruption et all will thrive. And until then, we will continue to differ in how we see things in Nigeria.

And the result of that is that GEJ will continue to get a good approval rating as long as he doesnt directly do anything really bad. BH is seen in many areas as a tool to discredit him and that will always count in his favor. That is the truth about social psychology.
while I admit that most Nigerians do not see Jonathan as the cause of Boko Haram, I have to point out that many Nigerians blame him for their continued activities. I'm not talking about Nairalanders or online opinions but the opinions of real people i've had real conversations with; the opinions of other people that live on my street when we gather to discuss in the evenings after work, the opinion of the okada man that was conveying me to a friend's place, the opinion of the newspaper vendor at the street corner. I'm sorry but i don't think Jonathan can lead Nigeria. He's just not decisive enough. That's why boko haram are getting bolder and bolder, politicians are not even bothering to deny accusations against them because nothing will happen, lawlessness grows and the people's dissatisfaction grows. I have nothing against the man but I don't think he has what it takes to handle the Nigerian problem. Nigeria doesn't need a president that is simply "trying his best". We need a president that will do the job. That's all.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Nobody: 9:30am On May 02, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

Nigerians have been starving since 1983, it is nothing new. They can still be happy knowing that he is not the originator of their problems and that he (whether true or not) is doing something about it.

If you are saying successive government should not be held accountable just because the country has been bad since 1983,then the country is heading towards its collapse.WHY ARE AMERICANS CALLING ON OBAMA TO FIX THE ECONOMY AND NOT BUSH THAT BROUGHT THEM THEIR IN THE FIRST INSTANCE ? Jonathan is responsible for everything that happens within his tenure and should stop bitching about who dragged us into this.besides,trillions of naira keep disappearing every year with little to justify its usage.
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by ifihearam: 9:38am On May 02, 2012
This is the conclusion of the whole matter: Come 2015 GEJ will rule wether free and fair or rigged. Why because there is absolutely no other person that can stand him today in Nigeria. Although I have once said that the Ibos will never taste the power of presidency but I foresee GEJ handling power to an Ibo man after his successful completion of 8years and the only IBo man right now is Anyim Pius Anyim the current SFG.

And if this poll is correct I fink I agree totally.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by ifihearam: 9:39am On May 02, 2012
This is the conclusion of the whole matter: Come 2015 GEJ will rule wether free and fair or rigged. Why because there is absolutely no other person that can stand him today in Nigeria. Although I have once said that the Ibos will never taste the power of presidency but I foresee GEJ handling power to an Ibo man after his successful completion of 8years and the only IBo man right now is Anyim Pius Anyim the current SFG.

But personally I don't trust the ibos sha.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Baawaa(m): 9:47am On May 02, 2012
This is what they called white lie

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Delafruita(m): 9:51am On May 02, 2012
@onye ngbu
it is comment like yours that let me realise how endangered the future of this country is.under which regime was ndume's name mentioned?under which regime was sheriff accused?or shekarau?if jona knows he cant do the right thing,he should resign so this country can move forward
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by onyengbu: 9:58am On May 02, 2012
Delafruita: @onye ngbu
it is comment like yours that let me realise how endangered the future of this country is.under which regime was ndume's name mentioned?under which regime was sheriff accused?or shekarau?if jona knows he cant do the right thing,he should resign so this country can move forward
And it is comment like yours that make me realize how badly our educational system has been decaying.

Why not open your mind and face issues without emotion but reson. Ndume's name was mentioned under GEJ's tenure. Are you arguing that? If these people's names were mentioned under GEJ whereas they have been operating b4 GEJ what does that tell you?
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by onyengbu: 10:02am On May 02, 2012
~Bluetooth:

[b]If you are saying successive government should not be held accountable just because the country has been bad since 1983,then the country is heading towards its collapse.[/b]WHY ARE AMERICANS CALLING ON OBAMA TO FIX THE ECONOMY AND NOT BUSH THAT BROUGHT THEM THEIR IN THE FIRST INSTANCE ? Jonathan is responsible for everything that happens within his tenure and should stop bitching about who dragged us into this.besides,trillions of naira keep disappearing every year with little to justify its usage.
Thats exactly what i am not saying!

The successive government were the cause not GEJ, blaming GEJ for what has been going wrong in the system for over 30 years is not only unreasonable but shortsightedness. Nobody is saying he should not solve it but so far, he has shown the will to tackle them and thats why we got to hear about these things in the first place.
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Chanchit: 10:03am On May 02, 2012
As the poll gallop, na so the people wei conduct am life go gallop..... Na this same people go sidon for dere room, name most influential people in the world, most beautiful woman in the world(dem say na beyounce), most hapi people in the world..... Useless people.....¡
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by onyengbu: 10:08am On May 02, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Let us be objective for once.The people he named didnt commit crimes under jonathan's government but what is jonathan doing to bring them to justice since he's now the president ? Remember ibori was acquitted until the london court later send him to jail.
Yes exactly they didnt commit the crime under GEJ but we got to know MUCH about them under GEJ meaning that he atleast did or is doing something about them.

Ibori was not acquitted under GEJ and even at that I wont blame the president under whose tenure he was acquitted because he might not have been responsible for it.

Do you guys think that Presidents are like God who knows when each governor steals and therefore will be willing to stick out his neck to convict him. They mustnt know everything.

Should we also blame the president for countless idiots here on nairaland who go to cybercafe to hack into their timer just to be able to browse free and insult the president.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Nobody: 10:11am On May 02, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

Thats exactly what i am not saying!

The successive government were the cause not GEJ, blaming GEJ for what has been going wrong in the system for over 30 years is not only unreasonable but shortsightedness. Nobody is saying he should not solve it but so far, he has shown the will to tackle them and thats why we got to hear about these things in the first place.

Jonathan lacks political will to rule this country.Azazi has come out to tell us that pdp is the cause of the problem of Nigeria,what is jonathan doing about this if not to criticize same Azazi ? If the country is to remain stagnant because jonathan was not responsible for most of the problems on ground,we can as well deduce that the country will remain this way till 2015 since he's not ready to take the bull by the horn and address all the problems he met on ground.where are all the money he budgeted each year to address these issues going to ?
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Chanchit: 10:14am On May 02, 2012
ifihearam: This is the conclusion of the whole matter: Come 2015 GEJ will rule wether free and fair or rigged. Why because there is absolutely no other person that can stand him today in Nigeria. Although I have once said that the Ibos will never taste the power of presidency but I foresee GEJ handling power to an Ibo man after his successful completion of 8years and the only IBo man right now is Anyim Pius Anyim the current SFG.

And if this poll is correct I fink I agree totally.
No be only pius anyim, na Clifford orji, mtcheeeew..... E be like say u n T.B joshua don dey see vision together.... U beta go back n hold ur formal believe tight, cos GEJ can't win the next election, in the first place
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by kay1one(m): 10:15am On May 02, 2012
IT SEEMS NIGERIANS DONT UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF THE WORD JOB! IT IS THE PRESIDENT'S JOB TO AT LEAST TRY TO PROVIDE JOBS AND SECURITY AND IT IS THE JOB OF EVERY CITIZEN INCLUDING MOI TO USE THE OPPORTUNITIES PROVIDED TO HUSTLE! NOW IF 1 PERSON FAILS IN THEIR DUTY/JOB, MANY COULD SUFFER!
NOW LET ME REINTERATE; THE POLL WAS FROM 2011 WHEN JONA JUST CAME INTO OFFICE, AND JONA NOW IS WITHOUT DOUBT DOING A VERY! PATHETIC JOB AS PRESIDENT!!!
HUMAN LIVES ARE NOW BEING USED TO PLAY POLITICS WITH THIS BOKO HARAM S*!
AND THE DUDE IS MORE INTERESTED IN NAMING DISTRICTS IN ABUJA AFTA HIMSELF THAN DOING HIS JJOOBB!!!
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Chanchit: 10:24am On May 02, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

And it is comment like yours that make me realize how badly our educational system has been decaying.

Why not open your mind and face issues without emotion but reson. Ndume's name was mentioned under GEJ's tenure. Are you arguing that? If these people's names were mentioned under GEJ whereas they have been operating b4 GEJ what does that tell you?
It simply means dt they should be tried, now dt their names have been mentioned, or because they mentioned their names under GEJ tenure we should clap for him, then wait for the next pres' to come and try them....?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by babsjnr(m): 10:43am On May 02, 2012
This is false how many nigerian have access to internet to do survey online?
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by onyengbu: 10:46am On May 02, 2012
Chanchit:
It simply means dt they should be tried, now dt their names have been mentioned, or because they mentioned their names under GEJ tenure we should clap for him, then wait for the next pres' to come and try them....?
Yes you have to clap first that at least for the first time someone has got the will to mention their names! Then you wait for them to be tried before you start crying. You just have to wait and thats all you and I can do right now!
Prosecution is not mai mai as you and I know especially when the accused was not caught directly.
Remember, Ndume has been to court already.
Prosecuting such crimes have never been easy anywhere and thats why a person like Al capone survived countless prosection in the US even though everyone knows he kills people but where is the evidence!
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Koolking(m): 10:56am On May 02, 2012
Press propaganda. mtcheeeew
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Nobody: 10:58am On May 02, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

Yes you have to clap first that at least for the first time someone has got the will to mention their names! Then you wait for them to be tried before you start crying. You just have to wait and thats all you and I can do right now!
Prosecution is not mai mai as you and I know especially when the accused was not caught directly.
Prosecuting such crimes have never been easy anywhere and thats why a person like Al capone survived countless prosection in the US even though everyone knows he kills people but where is the evidence!

Stop tripping over this nonsense.Was ibori not caught in the act and set freed by a kaudna court even when we all know he's corrupt until london court came to the rescue ?

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Kobojunkie: 11:04am On May 02, 2012
babsjnr: This is false how many nigerian have access to internet to do survey online?

surveys are not always done online. Gallup, I know, has people on the group collect data for them.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Kobojunkie: 11:09am On May 02, 2012
Koolking: Press propaganda. mtcheeeew

This is no press propaganda. Unless you are also going to tell us that Jonathan Goodluck's winning of the 2011 election was also press propaganda. The fact is those of you online are somewhat out of touch when it comes to the true heart of average Nigerians. I discovered this pre the last election.

The Nigerian public are not ready for change, even to this day. You see this in the continued celebration of corruption that continues to go on around the country. From paid mobs for Saraki, to Diezani'a internet agberos, to those, even on here, who still tell you that all is well and dandy in your Nigeria.

I tell you, if the presidential elections where held today, you will see that this gallup number, though released in 2011, is probably not too far off when it comes to expressing the hearts of Nigerians even today.
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Chanchit: 11:34am On May 02, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

When are we going to stop clapping....? Cos as we speak, every body now knws the scam behind the fuel subsidy, we are clappin' when our president has no power to prosecute them, now we knw that "boko haram is pdp, pdp is boko haram" we are clapping, our president is also clapping, after bombin, we would condemn, our president would condemn...... Ok o, no problem, we would clap till 2015.....
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by onyengbu: 11:46am On May 02, 2012
Chanchit:
When are we going to stop clapping....? Cos as we speak, every body now knws the scam behind the fuel subsidy, we are clappin' when our president has no power to prosecute them, now we knw that "boko haram is pdp, pdp is boko haram" we are clapping, our president is also clapping, after bombin, we would condemn, our president would condemn...... Ok o, no problem, we would clap till 2015.....

It appears you even have more than one reason to clap in the first instance.

Now nigerians know all these things on official level and not on speculative basis as it used to be in the past.

GEJ is not the best of Presidents and not even close to what we want him to be but you've got to cut the guy some slack!

Calling him names only endears more people to his side but how would most of you know that...you think nairaland is nigeria!
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by shadrach77: 12:18pm On May 02, 2012
the poll was conducted in 2011 cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by forkadict(m): 12:31pm On May 02, 2012
BEEF and his satanic cohorts have gone haywire!

Na which kind stunt be dis abeg?

81% my nyansh
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Dannyboy1471: 12:33pm On May 02, 2012
i do not agree with the percentage 81, he is soppose to be far far bellow average. he tricked nigerians in the name making live easy and removed fuel subsidy only to increase priceses of every thing in country, and yet he did nothing. he promises employnmnt we dying and poeple are rather geting monies from our hands freee for the sack of job, yet no job. he only succeded in making thing had
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by kay1one(m): 12:42pm On May 02, 2012
shadrach77: the poll was conducted in 2011 cheesy cheesy cheesy
YOU ARE JUST REALISING! HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE SAID IT HERE ALREADY! MCHEWWW!!!..
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Chanchit: 12:57pm On May 02, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

It appears you even have more than one reason to clap in the first instance.

Now nigerians know all these things on official level and not on speculative basis as it used to be in the past.

GEJ is not the best of Presidents and not even close to what we want him to be but you've got to cut the guy some slack!

Calling him names only endears more people to his side but how would most of you know that...you think nairaland is nigeria!
They even said the poll is for 2011, when he just entered office..... Let them conduct another one now...

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Wasquad(m): 1:02pm On May 02, 2012
People are just being Irrational, ohk is Buhari dat won D Poll. Mtscheeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Revolutnz: 1:21pm On May 02, 2012
Do you mean 81% disapproval rating?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by ademega(m): 1:58pm On May 02, 2012
who tell u say oyinbo no dey collect bribe? i am sure they collected smtin b4 they could come out wit such stupid percentage
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by APPLEGATE: 2:00pm On May 02, 2012
How can he be given 81% approval?when the whole country is at the verge of collapse,he can't even handle a state not to talk of a nation,he lacks the strong will & will power to do so,he can't take tough decisions.I say NO to 81%,rather 20% or even non at all,i've not felt the direct impact of his rule.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ex-SFG Aminu Saleh Is Dead / Osinbajo Represents President Buhari In Senegal Today - APC tweets / Dino, Philip Aduda, Ned Nwoko, MC Tagwaye Set For Abuja "Who Is Who" Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.