Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. - Educational Services (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. (63520 Views)

Jamb Computer Based Test To Hold May 18th To June 1st, Result Checking Site Down / A New Scholarship Opportunity For Nigerian Students / Study Abroad Free. Full Scholarship Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by AlphaCentaur: 6:19pm On Sep 16, 2012
I would appreciate if some one can send me a link stating that Turkish Language course is compulsory for all scholarship holders ... thx ...
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by AlphaCentaur: 5:07pm On Sep 17, 2012
just to update everyone here..i managed to talk to YTB ( the ministry that deals with scholarships), regarding the issue of compulsory 01 year Turkish Language training..they replied that the information sent to local embassies is the final decision..and my local embassy says that language training is compulsory, so thats the final word..
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by AlphaCentaur: 5:09pm On Sep 17, 2012
@joaquin

can you please clarify:

- Scholarship is given for 9 months in a year only?

- If a student does not live in dormitory, does he get some money ?

Regards
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by joaquin64(m): 10:29pm On Sep 17, 2012
AlphaCentaur: @joaquin

can you please clarify:

- Scholarship is given for 9 months in a year only?

- If a student does not live in dormitory, does he get some money ?

Regards

Scholarship is given every single month whether you are in the country or not, so far you are a registered student in the schools there. Even during summer holidays, you get paid your full dues. You need not worry about things like this. If you do not live in a dormitory, you are on your own. So far, that has been the rule. I hear rumors that this is subject to change for masters and PhD students, but I do not know if it is true. Like I said...rumours. Finally, you really need to go through all my old posts to get any information you need because I have talked about this same thing over and over again. This is the reason I never reply private messages so that people can stop asking the same questions over and instead read about it from other people's posted questions. It really is not easy for me to keep repeating the same information. Thanks.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by joaquin64(m): 10:32pm On Sep 17, 2012
Guys out there, I hope you are still following this post whether you made it to this years scholarship or not. Like I said, I would try and post any scholarship information I come across that sounds genuine and would not require you to go spend your money on any agent or anyone. I stumbled on this on someones facebook post http://overseasscholarshipsfornigerians./ and it appears genuine to me although I would still look into it much later when I have the time. I am even thinking of making an application there myself when I am finished here. Anyways check out the website, read the information, make your own research and see if you can take advantage of the opportunity. Good Luck.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by joaquin64(m): 10:42pm On Sep 17, 2012
Just a Tip. Although I have mentioned this before in one of my earliest posts, what many of you do not know is that there are many scholarship information that are available in many embassies but you would have to find a way to visit these embassies or their consulates to get the information. This info may not be put out to the general public and you may not be lucky enough to hear about it eventually and people miss them. For instance, the information I just posted above has the contact address (though I have not personally verified it, its up to you) of the Swiss Embassy in Abuja which you can call and speak to them about the posted scholarship opportunity. It may not be easy but endeavor to keep an ear out and IF you can, make phone calls to these embassies or visits and see their educational section/counsel and grab the appropriate info. You just never know...
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by joaquin64(m): 10:44pm On Sep 17, 2012
Deleted repeated post.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by joaquin64(m): 10:48pm On Sep 17, 2012
This is the direct PDF link for the above information although I still advice to favorite that blog on your PC's just in case of future updates on the site. http://www.sbf.admin.ch/htm/themen/bildung/stipendien/eskas_laender/nigeria/research_en.pdf (For post-doctoral scholarship in Switzerland)
http://www.sbf.admin.ch/htm/themen/bildung/stipendien/eskas_laender/nigeria/phd_en.pdf (For PhD scholarship in Switzerland)
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by Veneka: 11:40pm On Sep 17, 2012
Hey Joaquin,

Could you please let me know about the Turkish Language training. How many days a week do you have to be in school and for how many hours? Also can you take a week or two off during the program or is attendance very strict?

Thank you very much.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 18, 2012
joaquin64: This is the direct PDF link for the above information although I still advice to favorite that blog on your PC's just in case of future updates on the site. http://www.sbf.admin.ch/htm/themen/bildung/stipendien/eskas_laender/nigeria/research_en.pdf (For post-doctoral scholarship in Switzerland)
http://www.sbf.admin.ch/htm/themen/bildung/stipendien/eskas_laender/nigeria/phd_en.pdf (For PhD scholarship in Switzerland)
Thanks alot, pls I won't mind if you can share that of Masters degree applicant too... I got to know of the Turkish program very late...
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by joaquin64(m): 5:54am On Sep 18, 2012
Veneka: Hey Joaquin,

Could you please let me know about the Turkish Language training. How many days a week do you have to be in school and for how many hours? Also can you take a week or two off during the program or is attendance very strict?

Thank you very much.

Things and time tables change. But mine was monday to thursday from 9am to 2.30pm or so. Attendance is said to be strict, but get here first and you will somehow figure out a loop in the system. I cannot say.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by joaquin64(m): 5:54am On Sep 18, 2012
ogbeche77:
Thanks alot, pls I won't mind if you can share that of Masters degree applicant too... I got to know of the Turkish program very late...

Sure, and would you share any information on Masters scholarship you find as well? Thanks.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 18, 2012
joaquin64:

Sure, and would you share any information on Masters scholarship you find as well? Thanks.
Sure I will, am on the look out as well
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by AlphaCentaur: 2:42pm On Sep 18, 2012
joaquin64:

Scholarship is given every single month whether you are in the country or not, so far you are a registered student in the schools there. Even during summer holidays, you get paid your full dues. You need not worry about things like this. If you do not live in a dormitory, you are on your own. So far, that has been the rule. I hear rumors that this is subject to change for masters and PhD students, but I do not know if it is true. Like I said...rumours. Finally, you really need to go through all my old posts to get any information you need because I have talked about this same thing over and over again. This is the reason I never reply private messages so that people can stop asking the same questions over and instead read about it from other people's posted questions. It really is not easy for me to keep repeating the same information. Thanks.

thanks for the information bro ...
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by AlphaCentaur: 3:00pm On Sep 18, 2012
For the information of every one, here is a very good website that gives you updated information on available Bachelors / Masters / PhD / Post Doc scholarships from all over the world:

http://www.pkstudent.com/

Although the website is run by Pakistani students, but most of the information is equally useful for every body.

Hope you find it useful !
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by ahamdiheme: 12:04am On Sep 19, 2012
Post Graduate Candidates (MsC, PhD and Post Doc)
Hello everyone, I just stumbled on this thread and I am glad that I did.
I'm a PhD candidate in one of the private Universities in Istanbul studying Electrical Electronics Engineering and I am on a fully funded TUBITAK project scholarship. I carry out my research and work for the department as a research assistant thus, I get a full tuition waiver. I will advice those in the engineering and sciences to visit the web pages of the private universities, the faculty members usually have research projects and if you prove to them that you are capable they can accept you and pay you monthly.
I have also just applied for further funding from TUBITAK: http://www.tubitak.gov.tr/tubitak_content_files/BIDEB/detailed_information/DI_2215_foreigner_PhD.doc
All newly accepted or PhD students in their first year are welcome to apply.

I can give tips on how to secure a place in a funded research project but I really do not know anything about the government scholarship scheme. YOU DO NOT NEED TO LEARN TURKISH IF YOU ARE FUNDED BY A RESEARCH PROJECT smiley
I wish everyone good luck.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by Veneka: 6:31am On Sep 19, 2012
ahamdiheme: Post Graduate Candidates (MsC, PhD and Post Doc)
Hello everyone, I just stumbled on this thread and I am glad that I did.
I'm a PhD candidate in one of the private Universities in Istanbul studying Electrical Electronics Engineering and I am on a fully funded TUBITAK project scholarship. I carry out my research and work for the department as a research assistant thus, I get a full tuition waiver. I will advice those in the engineering and sciences to visit the web pages of the private universities, the faculty members usually have research projects and if you prove to them that you are capable they can accept you and pay you monthly.
I have also just applied for further funding from TUBITAK: http://www.tubitak.gov.tr/tubitak_content_files/BIDEB/detailed_information/DI_2215_foreigner_PhD.doc
All newly accepted or PhD students in their first year are welcome to apply.

I can give tips on how to secure a place in a funded research project but I really do not know anything about the government scholarship scheme. YOU DO NOT NEED TO LEARN TURKISH IF YOU ARE FUNDED BY A RESEARCH PROJECT smiley
I wish everyone good luck.

Hello,

Did you have to take the GMAT or GRE to get into the PhD program at your school?
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by osram(m): 11:06am On Sep 19, 2012
@joaquin..wat of undergraduate scholarships....d ones hia r 4 masters n phd.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by eduson002(m): 1:04pm On Sep 19, 2012
There are at least two open research assistant positions in the civil engineering department at Clemson University, that need to be filled in the Spring semester of 2013. These research assistant positions are fully funded, i.e. tuition + stipend, and students with bachelors in Civil Engineering are eligible to apply. As a research assistant, you will be working under the guidance of Dr. Kalyan Piratla on funded projects. His research interests include but not limited to underground construction techniques, water system modeling, resilience modeling for infrastructure systems, and sustainable infrastructure systems. Prospective students with interest in research, and background in construction/hydraulics would be preferred. Follow this link : http://www.clemson.edu/ce/people/faculty/piratla.html
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by ahamdiheme: 3:33pm On Sep 19, 2012
Veneka:

Hello,

Did you have to take the GMAT or GRE to get into the PhD program at your school?

No I did not, my results (transcripts) were sufficient.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by Veneka: 4:07pm On Sep 19, 2012
ahamdiheme:

No I did not, my results (transcripts) were sufficient.

Oh really? I was of the impression that one had to have the GRE/GMAT to get into the postgraduate programs. Please how would I go about applying without the GRE/GMAT? Would it be better to visit the schools in person? Also how do I go about applying for the funded programs. Based on the website link you posted, they open up applications about twice a year; one in february precisely. Do you think they would open it up next year again? Also would you happen to know if they have two intakes a year or just one in September for the PhD progam?

Thanks for your assistance.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by ahamdiheme: 5:14pm On Sep 19, 2012
Veneka:

Oh really? I was of the impression that one had to have the GRE/GMAT to get into the postgraduate programs. Please how would I go about applying without the GRE/GMAT? Would it be better to visit the schools in person? Also how do I go about applying for the funded programs. Based on the website link you posted, they open up applications about twice a year; one in february precisely. Do you think they would open it up next year again? Also would you happen to know if they have two intakes a year or just one in September for the PhD progam?

Thanks for your assistance.

No. For schools like METU, Bogazici and Bilkent, they strictly require those exams but for most of the younger private universities, you do not need any of the exams to get accepted, some might even have their own test for English so no need for the IELTS or TOEFL either. It is always better to visit in person if you can but before you do so try to check the department website to know which faculty member(s) you will be visiting. Some of the professors actually advertise open positions on their websites so that would be a cue for you to probably align yourself to his/her research interest if it chimes your fancy.
You are right the TUBITK PhD fellowship opens up twice every year and is only for newly accepted candidates or those in their first year. If nothing changes, it will surely open up next year. Most, if not all the schools have two intakes, one for the spring semester (February) and the other in fall (September). You just need to keep your eyes open for the application deadlines.
I hope the long sermon helps smiley
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by Veneka: 5:21pm On Sep 19, 2012
ahamdiheme:

No. For schools like METU, Bogazici and Bilkent, they strictly require those exams but for most of the younger private universities, you do not need any of the exams to get accepted, some might even have their own test for English so no need for the IELTS or TOEFL either. It is always better to visit in person if you can but before you do so try to check the department website to know which faculty member(s) you will be visiting. Some of the professors actually advertise open positions on their websites so that would be a cue for you to probably align yourself to his/her research interest if it chimes your fancy.
You are right the TUBITK PhD fellowship opens up twice every year and is only for newly accepted candidates or those in their first year. If nothing changes, it will surely open up next year. Most, if not all the schools have two intakes, one for the spring semester (February) and the other in fall (September). You just need to keep your eyes open for the application deadlines.
I hope the long sermon helps smiley

Thanks a lot. And lol @ long sermon; it really helped, didn't mind it at all. So basically, the TUBITK covers the upkeep, while one can try to get tuition waivers via research assistant positions and the like?
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by ahamdiheme: 5:32pm On Sep 19, 2012
Veneka:

Thanks a lot. And lol @ long sermon; it really helped, didn't mind it at all. So basically, the TUBITK covers the upkeep, while one can try to get tuition waivers via research assistant positions and the like?

Exactly, I think TUBITAK pays 1800 TL at the moment and it is for a maximum period of five years. Most professors will want to match that amount anyway...Pursuing both will not hurt
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by Veneka: 5:54pm On Sep 19, 2012
ahamdiheme:

Exactly, I think TUBITAK pays 1800 TL at the moment and it is for a maximum period of five years. Most professors will want to match that amount anyway...Pursuing both will not hurt

Thank you so much. Will get on it.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by OmichaelO: 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2012
@op i just stumbled upon your thread..thumbs up bro
please do you have any info on undergraduate scholarships? expecting your reply soon!! Thanks
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by AlphaCentaur: 7:54am On Sep 21, 2012
O.michael.O:
@op i just stumbled upon your thread..thumbs up bro
please do you have any info on undergraduate scholarships? expecting your reply soon!! Thanks

@O.michael ... yes there are undergraduate scholarships too ... visit http://www.turkiyeburslari.org/en/ for information ... the next round of scholarships will be next year ... keep visiting this website next year around March / April time and you will come to know the application procedures ...
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by AlphaCentaur: 8:12am On Sep 21, 2012
Visit:

http://turkeyscholarship.proboards.com/index.cgi

for questions / information regarding Turkish scholarships.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by eduson002(m): 4:09pm On Sep 21, 2012
AlphaCentaur:

@O.michael ... yes there are undergraduate scholarships too ... visit http://www.turkiyeburslari.org/en/ for information ... the next round of scholarships will be next year ... keep visiting this website next year around March / April time and you will come to know the application procedures ...
No Nigerian was given scholarship at undergrad level
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by AlphaCentaur: 6:11pm On Sep 21, 2012
eduson002: No Nigerian was given scholarship at undergrad level

But I am sure if more students try, some will definitely be successful..
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by perfildeluna: 12:57am On Sep 22, 2012
Hi all! I am from Spain and I really found this forum interesting. Thanks Joaquin for all your help! It is amazing! @Nacida asked the two questions I also had, in fact, I agree with him/her: you know much more than the embassy!
About the rejection... I read in the contract (since I just signed it yesterday) that you must refound the 60% of the scholarship if: 1) they discover falsification and they decide to revoke the scholarship, or 2) you stay in Turkey after you finish your studies. But there wasn´t anything about "voluntary rejection" so I really don´t know.

Then, do you know when are we supposed to be there? Are there fixed dates for the beginning of the turkish courses?

AND last question, I couldn´t find in any post (I read all of them smiley): Can we go out the country when we want and stay (for example) 1 month in Spain (with the permission of the teachers, of course)? Do we have freedom to go out and get in?

Thanks! Really, you make a big effort to help all the confused people!
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by bleshzie: 4:02am On Sep 22, 2012
Thanks a whole lot Joacquin for the pain u'v taken in given answers to questions from forum members. Please,I want a clarification on the language course.Are we to take the language courses in our respective universities or at the TOMER centre in Ankara cos I heard some schools don't av this course centre.And please,kindly advice on necessary things to come along with to Turkey to ease living.What's also the weather condition over there? Please,really anticipating urr prompt response cos u'v never given a reply to al my enquiries.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

GRE And TOEFL Examinations / STUDY IN REPUBLIC OF BENIN,COTONOU 2016/2017 ENROLLMENT / Secrets Of Smashing JAMB With High Scores

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.