Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,118 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? (30524 Views)

I Just Started A Family! My Wedding Pics / Some Sweet USUALS Every Wife Is Supposed To Be Giving To Her Husband! / Some Sweet USUALS Every Husband Is Supposed To Be Giving To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by omosexy1: 11:36pm On May 05, 2012
FYI I am not a girl. I expressed my opinion. If you take it wrongly, that's your problem. If you want to scatter your keyboard this night (shey na your keyboard). I don't have that time. No b wan person respond you go try to revert.
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Nobody: 11:39pm On May 05, 2012
omosexy1: FYI I am not a girl. I expressed my opinion. If you take it wrongly, that's your problem. If you want to scatter your keyboard this night (shey na your keyboard). I don't have that time. No b wan person respond you go try to revert.

You sound too pathetic to be a man.

@busybody

I will reply you whenever I get hold of my laptop, until then goodnight
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by dayokanu(m): 11:44pm On May 05, 2012
ileobatojo:

No, many people were questioning his nonchalant, disrespectful attitude to the issue and the deeper implications for their relationship. May we have been wrong? Possibly, but that is what the majority of the women responded negatively to. I did not see a single woman agree that he should borrow to pay for her wedding. Most of the women even agreed that she should contribute to the wedding. Why should anyone tell her to break up her relationship? One can only advice her to look deeper and settle in her mind that she wants to really wants to spend the rest of her life with him and many people have said it in many different ways. So yeah I disagree with your post.

KaimaTee: I don't even understand why these guys are killing themselves here, They should get help from his brothers and cousin at this time and not his wife to be,It is not only the man that marries wife but the entire kindred. In my family, the guys pool funds together whenever one of them is getting married, it is the duty of the guys family to pay everything,they help each other out.
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Busybody2(f): 11:47pm On May 05, 2012
omosexy1: Busy_Body I can see you just graduated and you are enjoying yourself playing with phrases. Your choice of words is masculine in nature, or a lady high on testosterone. Just like your I.D, go get busy on something else, and stop hijacking threads. It was really boring reading your 18th century English communicative style. Oh gosh, where is this headache from, oh I was reading Busy_body english comprehension.

Are you done frothing at the mouth so I can get you a bib to clean up your dribble lipsrsealed

ileobatojo:

No. The point is your hypocrisy. The majority of your posts on this thread have consisted of insults including your response to my post to Dayo and yet you insist on taking my post personally and continue to respond with all manners of rude digs and insults while simultaneously preaching to me about the insult you noticed in my post. How you continually fail to see the irony is beyond me.

What if everyone had responded so personally to YOUR insults the way you have to a post directed to someone else? This place would be a war zone by now.

The joke is still on you, hopefully it would sink in someday once you get your head out of that cloud and come down your high horse. I can see how you slunked away with your tail tucked firmly between your legs whimpering after Blacklion put you on the spot, ditto Dayokanu, HENCE REASON YOU MADE THAT "YOU ARE APOLOGISING TO THEM ONLY COMMENT. Does that not mean you telling myself and Tgirl that you have drawn the battle line :-/

We could see you holding my hands and preaching the Gospel of Peace whilst I was the only one insulting you abi :-/ Keep acting slick with eggs pancaked all over your face cool
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by dayokanu(m): 11:51pm On May 05, 2012
See girls dey fight over me within my name in the thick of things

Abeg throw some bra and weave-on come my side jare
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Nobody: 12:17am On May 06, 2012
Busy_body:

Stop rubbing it in that I did not make the Cabal list joo embarassed Me sef I am still in wonderment as to what the cabal is ni oh, and everytime I ask Sir Richvkunt, he sends me off to sit on the fence like a naughty child because he does not want my innocence corrupted grin Anyway I have given him the passcode to Jenny's heart so you guys should soon watch out for plenty plenty love in the air and possibly an August wedding too, like the OP grin and then maybe[b] Richvkunt[/b] would tell us the mission and vision of the cabals cheesy

You see what I mean with this our Nigeran culture, the man will only eat the already aesthetically pleasant looking yam and beans only if the woman sweats on it in the mortar and pestle grin Ayanma I wonder how people eat something that gross bound together with sweat and saliva and I bet some human skins were shed during those vigorous pounding sessions too, not to talk of the many insects and their eggs hiding in the crevices of the mortar, eurghhh

Back to the most important discussion today on planet earth, what happened to the human rights of those lactating goats, what if they like their belly being rubbed a certain way, what if they didn't wanna breastfeed so they can avoid having slippers boobies, what if they prefer strolling by the beach instead of watching Outstrip watching them fall off those mountains, what if they only prefer 500-count Eqyptian cotton, what if they don't feel comfortable enough answering the call of nature in public, what if they prefer rap music to classical music she forces them to listen to ehn. . . Someone please get me the phone number of the animal welfare unit in Nigeria please angry

NB:

By the way I saw the-product-of-a-thrice-failed-GMAT-remedial-class-Sagamite and the-product-of-a-closed-down-community-college-Moremi-Ajasoro, on the same thread earlier today blowing kisses at each other. Surely the World is about to end today grin

Yeparipa, my hands is paining me oh, no wonder the caring Jenny was asking me earlier if I use a PA or write things all by myself, phew lipsrsealed

BIG BUMPER,
Always trying to stir up things.
Sorry I am not at home and I am not inclined to play your games.
If you do not know what the cabal on the family section is,or you do not know the members and the leadership of this cabal and their agenda,then I am sorry that I can not help you.
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Busybody2(f): 12:37am On May 06, 2012
jennykadry:

You sound too pathetic to be a man.

@busybody

I will reply you whenever I get hold of my laptop, until then goodnight

I have always bandied the same phrases around since time immemorial, and I have never rated any nigerian culture because like I always say, inspite of all our sanctimonuos cultures, we are always in the top 3 spots worldwide for every atrocities committed under the sun.

Was reading the thread about the 8 years old child subjected to daily beatings by his Father, and that Teachers know, but are powerless to intervene, and that the Police would not intervene too because his Dadthe culprit is rich. . .It is a shame that despite the headcount, it would be easier finding the needle in a 100,000 tonne haystack, than getting help for that poor child.

If my son goes to school with a mark on his body, I have to write pages of report explaining why, compared to this boy with no one to rescue him. . .Now how can you expect me to have respect for that Country with no safety net for children and women :-/

Richvkunt:

BIG BUMPER,
Always trying to stir up things.
Sorry I am not at home and I am not inclined to play your games.
If you do not know what the cabal on the family section is,or you do not know the members and the leadership of this cabal and their agenda,then I am sorry that I can not help you.

Onibara e nbole bo. . .oya come and educate me about how two people with poles apart views be in the same cabal? Berra head home and dunk yourself in an icy cold bath and hit the sack running cool
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Nobody: 1:24am On May 06, 2012
^^^
Me no speak Yoruba...
Translation please
! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Nobody: 1:34am On May 06, 2012
Reading through this thread,i found it quite amusing that the usual suspects who have always claimed men and women are equally suddenly changed their minds when it came to finances and helping a man get out of a financial hole that he dug for himself because he wanted to rent an apartment for his lovely wife.
Yeah,I get it now-men and women are equal in everything except when it comes to dishing out money aye?
Feminists,you can't have it both ways.it is either men and women are equal and should in such cases share everything including expenses equally OR men and women are not equal and as such since men are superior they should foot all bills.
Once again I come in peace!
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Nobody: 3:07am On May 06, 2012
Busy_body:

Are you done frothing at the mouth so I can get you a bib to clean up your dribble lipsrsealed

Did I just hear you accuse someone else of frothing at the mouth? Lmao

Busy_body:

The joke is still on you, hopefully it would sink in someday once you get your head out of that cloud and come down your high horse. I can see how you slunked away with your tail tucked firmly between your legs whimpering after Blacklion put you on the spot, ditto Dayokanu, HENCE REASON YOU MADE THAT "YOU ARE APOLOGISING TO THEM ONLY COMMENT. Does that not mean you telling myself and Tgirl that you have drawn the battle line :-/

We could see you holding my hands and preaching the Gospel of Peace whilst I was the only one insulting you abi :-/ Keep acting slick with eggs pancaked all over your face cool

What joke?
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:17am On May 06, 2012
Typical Naija style. We don carry bench to siddon for anoda pesin mata grin. I won't be surprised if this thread reach 100 pages grin

Chei! I'm also guilty as charged.cool
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Nobody: 4:13am On May 06, 2012
dayokanu:

KaimaTee: I don't even understand why these guys are killing themselves here, They should get help from his brothers and cousin at this time and not his wife to be,It is not only the man that marries wife but the entire kindred. In my family, the guys pool funds together whenever one of them is getting married, it is the duty of the guys family to pay everything,they help each other out.

Asking your family to contribute to your wedding is not the same as borrowing o.
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by blacklion(m): 5:28am On May 06, 2012
omosexy1: ... a wedding is a family thing and not only for the groom to bear the expense alone, each member of the family contributes something to ensure that the wedding is successful. That is how it is been done in Igbo land oh. Anyways for peace and for love, contribute.

Yes, this is indeed how it is done in Igboland nowadays by family members who, out of love for their brother, contribute something to support him in marrying a wife. But it is not the cultural norm or ideal.
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by blacklion(m): 5:31am On May 06, 2012
ileobatojo:

You are right, I went back and read your posts and there is a consistency to them. I see now that your post that I quoted was tongue in cheek; so to you, I apologize.

Thanks! Apologies (a rare thing on NL grin) heartily accepted! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Nobody: 7:18am On May 06, 2012
Busy_body:

Moving onto your second paragraph, you have totally lost me here! When have you ever seen me support any cheater or wife beater! Did the "misguided and warped" that I used in that's statement not indicate that women need to stop barking up the wrong tree and get their priorities right and empower themselves and command the respect they deserve lipsrsealed And if you can find time to remove the log from your eyes, when you and Debrief start ridiculing women who put up with crap that they have low self-esteem, have I not been part of the crew appealing to your good side that it is not them, but culture that is holding them back. How ironic undecided

And who said you supported? can you please read with your contact lens and stop making mountain out of a mole hill. undecided

And jeez, look at the wishy-washy excuses my fellow women keeps on coming with. . .I used to get so flipping mad at the thousands of naseuous threads belittling Nigerian women that has been springing up in that cesspit called the romance section recently and one day nearly almost barged in, until someone told me to stop loosing sleep over it that those guys were spitting nothing but the truth. . .words failed me that day. . .wharrashame.

Did you not post this? The typical Nigerian woman has a long throat, infact the OP shouldn't come here to complain that her husband treats her like trash because she has belittled herself? isn't that like saying, no wonder women get beating and abused by their husbands cos the men "bought them" with their own money? now how does that equate to you supporting abuse?

When me and Debrief ridicule? like really ridicule? you know what, sometimes having a misunderstanding helps a lot as that is the only way someone like you can finally lift the burden off your chest by saying things you have been wanting to say but just haven't had the opportunity to say them.

Who said anything about Agiboma investing in her Husband or bribing her Hubby

I did remember? Agiboma financially empowered her husband, infact one of the reasons she could not walk away is because she invested a lot, if not all she has financially in their marriage and cannot see herself starting all over again. she contributed a lot of money before and after marriage and how well has he treated her? did it stop him from cheating on her on her matrimonial bed whilst she was in the hospital having a baby? I mean, she had the finances, contributed a lot Still got treated like a slave and non entity in her husbands house.

I REPEAT, I DID NOT CONTRIBUTE A DIME and I still get to sit comfortably on my rekliner chair and ask for fish pepper-soup and still get treated like the queen of the manor. You know why?cos I married the person God used his special hands to create and left on my door step. A man who sees himself as the bread winner that must provide for his family with or without a dime from his wife, he paid for the whole trad and wedding and ofcourse he let his guard down when my father threatened not to give me to him , that was when he allowed my dad chip in a thing a two BUT never for one day did he see it as "buying his wife" and never has he disrespected me because of that.

Now you see why I mentioned AGI in my post? a woman who more like sponsored her own wedding but still got teated like a slave in her husbands house.

Lastly I don't give a flying fig about "any" Nigerian culture and I retain the right to my freedom of speech as I deem fit .

Ofcourse you don't give a flying fvck about "any naija culture", yet you supported Ileke Idi's post on how yoruba's plan and sponsor their own weddings. Yea, the way it is done in the yoruba culture you supported. I said it earlier, do you support culture only when it suits you?

Ileke-IdI:
PS: In the Yoruba household, or atleast in the Ekiti household, both family pitches in.

@Iyalode
Hey beautiful

Busy_body:

Abi oh, that is even why nowadays both the Bride and Groom's family wear the same outfit signifying the two families becoming one. And this also helps stop those nasty -"see what the Husband's family is wearing" comments, ha Nigirians, may God forgive all of us. Thank God I am from Bakassi Island and we are no longer in Nigeria grin

Besides when did insults begin to matter to you!

I refuse to talk about my kids on this forum and I am sure you have noticed that. Say whatever you want to say to me but never mention my kids same as my parents. You have no Idea how many times I have wanted to post on all those mother hood threads but just can't cos I am not exposing them to anybody. So when you mentioned nigerian mothers, I was like that is so not true cos some of us have mothers who have never failed us, my mum is a typical me, bad mouthed woman, very blunt and outspoken but submissive to her husband, so when someone comes here and says things about Nigerian mothers failing their daughters, it immediately sets the alarm ringing but then I read your explanation to Tgirl, I still don't fully get it but maybe I will.

What happened to our sticks and stones mantra huh lipsrsealed

Like the Germans will say "Ich habe keine idea" (I have no idea)
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Nobody: 7:28am On May 06, 2012
Busy_body:

I have always bandied the same phrases around since time immemorial, and I have never rated any nigerian culture because like I always say, inspite of all our sanctimonuos cultures, we are always in the top 3 spots worldwide for every atrocities committed under the sun.

Was reading the thread about the 8 years old child subjected to daily beatings by his Father, and that Teachers know, but are powerless to intervene, and that the Police would not intervene too because his Dadthe culprit is rich. . .It is a shame that despite the headcount, it would be easier finding the needle in a 100,000 tonne haystack, than getting help for that poor child.

If my son goes to school with a mark on his body, I have to write pages of report explaining why, compared to this boy with no one to rescue him. . .Now how can you expect me to have respect for that Country with no safety net for children and women :-/

I do not support such behaviour. Let me tell you that the only time I beat up a teacher in Nigeria was when my niece was flogged hard by her English teacher and that was in 2010. The girl came back home and couldn't hold her cup but said nothing. The teacher told her not to mention a thing else if she comes to school the next day she will flog her even more. The girl was attending the same high school(private school for that matter) I attended and I was at my parents place that day with her mother. It took a lot for that girl to open up that day and told us what happened. The minute she narrated the story to us honestly my eyes started seeing smoke and all I wanted to do was get my hands around that teacher's neck and strangle her and I almost did. My sister drove us there and this stoopid teacher when asked why she beat that girl like that said "when has it become a crime to discipline a child" and gbam I descended on her, not before telling her that I was going to do to her what she did to that girl and maybe then she will know what it feels like. Infact I will leave that story for another day.

You hurt any member of my family, you hurt me and my own na hand I dey use settle matter
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Busybody2(f): 11:09am On May 06, 2012
jennykadry:

And who said you supported? can you please read with your contact lens and stop making mountain out of a mole hill. undecided

So why bring it into the convo in the first place? Why the hysteria? Never seen so much ado about nothing.

jennykadry:
Did you not post this? The typical Nigerian woman has a long throat, infact the OP shouldn't come here to complain that her husband treats her like trash because she has belittled herself? isn't that like saying, no wonder women get beating and abused by their husbands cos the men "bought them" with their own money? now how does that equate to you supporting abuse?

All I can say is that paragraphs are there for a reason, so for example the inclusion of ten paragraphs in an article/post does not mean the same issue/person is being spoken about throughout. So if you wanna link what I said in paragraph one to what I said in paragraph ten, be my guest and knock yourself out.

Examining the cause of your hysteria:

Par 1 - Typical Nigerian girls longthroat. Is this my first or heck even 10th time of using this?
Par 2 - Called comments on this thread wishy-washy. Its my opinion, deal with it.
Par 3 - People always say it is true that Nigerian girls are silverbird popcorn begging, brazillian weave, BB hoes. I did not write this so why not go to the romance section to tackle 'em topics.

jennykadry:
When me and Debrief ridicule? like really ridicule?

You started it by dredging up just 2 posts in two threads out of the 6000 odd posts to conclude I am sexist and insensitive towards women hence reason I used the example to remind you that belittling women as lacking self-esteem ain't a sensitive thing to do too.

jennykadry:
you know what, sometimes having a misunderstanding helps a lot as that is the only way someone like you can finally lift the burden off your chest by saying things you have been wanting to say but just haven't had the opportunity to say them.

You started this, it is still there oh, so it is only rational to conclude that this is applicable to you. The mind is a funny thing and as a fellow yabaleftie, I am 100% positive that it is your subconscious psyche sending subliminal messages to you cool
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Busybody2(f): 11:18am On May 06, 2012
jennykadry:
I did remember? Agiboma financially empowered her husband, infact one of the reasons she could not walk away is because she invested a lot, if not all she has financially in their marriage and cannot see herself starting all over again. she contributed a lot of money before and after marriage and how well has he treated her? did it stop him from cheating on her on her matrimonial bed whilst she was in the hospital having a baby? I mean, she had the finances, contributed a lot Still got treated like a slave and non entity in her husbands house. . .
Now you see why I mentioned AGI in my post? a woman who more like sponsored her own wedding but still got teated like a slave in her husbands house.

Listen to yourself "speak" sometimes! How did you arrive at the ridiculous notion that Agiboma's Husband who owns his own petrol station is being financially empowered by Wifey Agiboma who used her own finance to set up an Hospital this year, huh. None of this statement indicates she is feeding her Husband. Quit getting ahead of yourself and jumping into the wrong conclusion. Her decision to stay has nothing to do with any financial reason, her posts is still there for crying out loud.

jennykadry:
Ofcourse you don't give a flying fvck about "any naija culture", yet you supported Ileke Idi's post on how yoruba's plan and sponsor their own weddings. Yea, the way it is done in the yoruba culture you supported.

I support the morally correct thing to do at all times, I am not a sheep and have a mind of my own, so the fact that something is cultural does not make it right.

jennykadry:
I said it earlier, do you support culture only when it suits you

Yeah saw it the first time but didn't wanna comment based on how ridiculous it sounds.[size=14pt] I supported Ileke-idi's "post" not her person.

So for you to come out guns blazing that I supported her because it is a yoruba culture, is like me saying for example "Be your Brother's keeper, cover their unclothedness" then a Muslim comes out accusing me of being biased against Islam because the Quran preaches something else. Wow [/size] I thought I had seen it all.

jennykadry:
I refuse to talk about my kids on this forum and I am sure you have noticed that. Say whatever you want to say to me but never mention my kids same as my parents. You have no Idea how many times I have wanted to post on all those mother hood threads but just can't cos I am not exposing them to anybody.

Good on you for sticking up for your kids. Thank God Mothers day is next Sunday, so I am sure you would be duly appreciated come that day.

jennykadry:
So when you mentioned nigerian mothers, I was like that is so not true cos some of us have mothers who have never failed us, my mum is a typical me, bad mouthed woman, very blunt and outspoken but submissive to her husband, so when someone comes here and says things about Nigerian mothers failing their daughters, it immediately sets the alarm ringing but then I read your explanation to Tgirl, I still don't fully get it but maybe I will.

[size=14pt]I have used it all the time on many threads. What makes this thread different or special? I didn't wanna do this, but here you go:

Our Mothers have failed us" is TOTALLY different from "All our Mothers have failed us"

SO STOP THE THEATERICS AND STOP CRYING WOLF WHEN THERE IS NONE.[/size]

See why I told Tgirl it is a "relative, possessive" pronoun and an individual thing and whom the cap fit should wear it? You cannot sway me from my opinion nor can I from yours. It is what it is.

jennykadry:

Like the Germans will say "Ich habe keine idea" (I have no idea)

This is what I have been tryna tell you since when I was using the "what I say. . . What you understand" analogy. I cannot and should not be held liable for "your" interpretation of "my" opinion.
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Nobody: 11:30am On May 06, 2012
Listen to yourself "speak" sometimes! How did you arrive at the ridiculous notion that Agiboma's Husband who owns his own petrol station is being financially empowered by Wifey Agiboma who used her own finance to set up an Hospital this year, huh. None of this statement indicates she is feeding her Husband. Quit getting ahead of yourself and jumping into the wrong conclusion. Her decision to stay has nothing to do with any financial reason, her posts is still there for crying out loud

agiboma: @EVERYONE i know you are all trying to help and if my family knew about this they would demand i return home with my son. I am gonna give it more time as i have money invested with him also,honestly if not for the money and my business i dont think i would be here, its sad but true. So dont feel so sorry for me im not feeling sorry for myself. if things dont change i will look outside this relationship for satisfaction and love i just have not crossed this bridge yet. I have told him we need to open our relationship but he is selfish and cant stand the idea of me sleeping with another, I told him we should stop having sex and have a complete open relationship he says no. Ultimately this relationship is not what i wanted but its what i find myself in currently.

Take it easy on your keyboard and I am going to be very frank with you. I did not read all that you typed up there. Scrolled through and found agiboma's and you saying I CONCLUDED you are a sexist. When you are done typing in latin, playing the victim and jumping into conclusions, you let me know, until then I have better things to do.

3 advises for you though: stop playing the victim when people single out your half baked posts.

Second off: stop posting shait you ain't sure about

Third off: you fvcking talk too much.

1 Like

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:41am On May 06, 2012
Could you ladies please stop dragging other people's family/private matters into arguments. I really can't speak for Aigboma but if I were in her shoes, I wouldn't like it.

1 Like

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Busybody2(f): 11:49am On May 06, 2012
jennykadry:

Take it easy on your keyboard and I am going to be very frank with you. I did not read all that you typed up there.

You are the one who needs to go and let off steam. All I said which is the cause of your hullabaloo was "Our Mothers have let us down". This is not the first time nor the tenth time I would be saying this AND this is not the same thing as saying "ALL OUR MOTHERS HAVE FAILED US" so get a grip on yourself

jennykadry:
Scrolled through and found agiboma's and you saying I CONCLUDED you are a sexist.

[size=14pt]In response to Agiboma's post you dredged up, again Agiboma saying "she has money invested in something" IS NOT THE SAME THING AS SAYING "she is the one bankrolling it", dammit. Highlighting a whole sentence and using just a phrase out of it to suit your baseless claim[/size]

jennykadry:
When you are done typing in latin, playing the victim and jumping into conclusions, you let me know, until then I have better things to do.

3 advises for you though: stop playing the victim when people single out your half baked posts.

Second off: stop posting shait you ain't sure about

Who is playing the victim here, do I come across as someone who needs sympathy or handholding. So go pull the other one.

Glad you know when to fold your hands, and hide it under the "you have better things to do" umbrella, lol.

jennykadry:
Third off: you fvcking talk too much.

You must work for the department of the bleeding obvious. Give yourself a well deserved pat on the back for this clever submission.
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Nobody: 11:53am On May 06, 2012
Tgirl4real: Could you ladies please stop dragging other people's family/private matters into arguments. I really can't speak for Aigboma but if I were in her shoes, I wouldn't like it.

Yes Ma. Just replying the post of a woman who speaks from both sides of her mouth. grin and me, I hands off when people start posting shait without solid evidence. grin My job ma, is to single out lies from people's posts and that I have done with a quote. cool
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Busybody2(f): 11:56am On May 06, 2012
ileobatojo:

Did I just hear you accuse someone else of frothing at the mouth? Lmao

What joke?
Again I use this alll the time, so bite me or go knock yourself out cool

Tgirl4real: Could you ladies please stop dragging other people's family/private matters into arguments. I really can't speak for Aigboma but if I were in her shoes, I wouldn't like it.

Only one person is doing the dragging, but trust me we are done here. She has thrown in the towel and so have I.
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 06, 2012
^^You wish, get off your high horse woman. The only reason why I am not going to be typing psalm 109 with you is because I do not understand you, you type so much but make zero sense. I couldn't even read past the first paragraph cos it made no sense to me. All I could single out was you saying agiboma was not staying for financial reasons and I quoted her. You are a fvcking liar and I think people should start checking your 2000 words post for some truth in it.

Why should I reply something that makes absolutely no sense to me? you make no sense to me right now and that is the truth. Maybe it's the tramadol I took but whatever it is, your words are senseless, meaningless and silly right now.

Baseless assumptions indeed, what isn't so clear about agi's post? the fact that she said for the financial investment or what? Mschewwww abeg let me hear word.

Excuse me Tgirl but somethings must be said and I am happy it has been said
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by bournvita: 12:18pm On May 06, 2012
When you moderators are done hiding my posts and banning my ID you let me know. Bloody hypocrites
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Tgirl4real(f): 12:37pm On May 06, 2012
bournvita: When you moderators are done hiding my posts and banning my ID you let me know. Bloody hypocrites

Bournvita, no one is hiding ur post or banning your I'd. Certainly not any mod from here. Could be the spambot. You should hav posted in the complaint thread.

Who are you anyway?
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Busybody2(f): 1:50pm On May 06, 2012
Spambot should hurry up and release the hidden post. I am done and everything has been trashed out especially about Agiboma being accused of being a leech in some NL quarters and feeding her Husband by some. Frankly what she does with her life is nobody's business.

Jenny has said she is done too and has vowed she is no longer reading my posts. Hence it would be a futile attempt for me to keep responding. So there is no need hiding people's post. It can only achieve two things: either make people feel victimised or feel too important cool
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:15pm On May 06, 2012
Just as I suspected, d spambot banned you Jenny cos of your last post. The ban has already expired cos it's meant to last for just an hour. I just checked your profile.

U were hasty to conclude that the mods banned u, thus calling us bloody hypocrites. Not nice. sad
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:20pm On May 06, 2012
Busy_body:
Jenny has said she is done too and has vowed she is no longer reading my posts. Hence it would be a futile attempt for me to keep responding. So there is no need hiding people's post. It can only achieve two things: either make people feel victimised or feel too important cool

BB, no one hid d post. Spambot don't release posts, it takes a human to do that. cool

I hope u got d joke.
Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Ivynwa(f): 5:53pm On May 06, 2012
chinwe11: Thanks for your advices/insults sha. I have read them through, and i have decided to help out. I guess the reason why i had to bring this to NL is because most of my frieds kept warning me before wedding that 'DO NOT PAY FOR ANYTHING DURING THE WEDDING. IT IS THE HUSBANDS RESPONSIBILITY'. Even my relatives said the same thing, that in Ibo land its the man's duty. You get lots of advise from other women, this morning, a friend was telling me that after marriage, you keep your money and spend his, and they say that is what happens in thier homes. When the issue of bringing the 80% came up, i got worried,, cos i felt it would be like i was marrying my self. I have enough money to foot our wedding and even double of that. But was just worried it would be like i was marrying myself, or the man might take me for granted. Also i forgot to add that when i said he should borrow, [b]i planned that we would pay back from my money, so it wont just look like i GAVE him the wedding money. [/b]Anyway sha i would bring my 80%.

Thanks for all your advises oh! I would post the wedding pictures here maybe! Thanks kiss

You should have helped him with the accommodation earlier girl so that he will have his money for the wedding. If you don't want to have any negative feeling as you said like feeling like "you are marrying yourself" or having fear of "him taking you for granted" which I don't think he will. You can still sit down with him and do the mathematics again. You already said that you have double the money for the wedding so you can equally refund him some part or greater part of the rent money he spent that way you will have empowered him to have his money with which to handle his part of the wedding well---you can later throw in your supporting percentage in the wedding expense and feel happy that your man is marrying you and he will feel happy too and there won't be negative feelings lingering afterwards.
Understand that I am not saying that you don't do what you finally decided to do, I only suggested a mathematical way of doing it with no bad feelings on both sides. Wishing you a happy married Life girl.

1 Like

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 06, 2012
LOL

Is the Family section now what the Romance section used to be a couple of years ago?

Damn. . . . . i used to love the Romance section!

1 Like

Re: Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? by Tgirl4real(f): 8:34pm On May 06, 2012
OMO IBO: LOL

Is the Family section now what the Romance section used to be a couple of years ago?

Damn. . . . . i used to love the Romance section!

Lol. I'm afraid, it is so sad

We have graduated n have been promoted to Family section grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

NNPCL Gifts ₦200k Petrol Voucher To Lady Who Wakes Early To Cook For Her Husband / I Don't Care Neighbours / I Own You And I Can Use You 10 Times A Day - Man Tells His Wife (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.