Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,724 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? (12827 Views)

Poll: Do You Pity President Jonathan?

I Really Feel For Him: 27% (82 votes)
I Don't Pity Him At All: 58% (170 votes)
Am Indifferent: 13% (41 votes)
This poll has ended

Fuel Scarcity Worsens,See The Current Situation In Nigeria(photos) / Saraki Doesn't Deserve Pity,He &His Gang Of Thieves Scattered APC's Plan-Igbokwe / Shocking! APC Released A 2013 Picture Of Buhari As His Current Picture In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by Sweetlemon(f): 2:22pm On May 06, 2012
Garba Audu: Hmmm. There is no need for this poll. There's one thing you can never take away from GEJ; His calmness. No matter the pressure, no matter the tension, no matter the boiling point or volatility, he always remain mute with his smiling face. Remember the Azazi outburst, GEJ says "boko revolt is not a problem of PDP, it is a problem of everybody in Nigeria. Those who called for dialogue are right, those who said there should never be dialogue are also right!" ...aahh! Oni luck o!
And who told you that calm, smiling people are always good people. And why should a man still be smiling AND doing practically nothing when his house is on fire

1 Like

Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by honeric01(m): 2:22pm On May 06, 2012
ziccoit:

A man that [b]wanted [/b]to use a billion naira on food. The master of settlement. The emptier of external reserve. The inflator of subsidy fund. He is really trying, of course, to drive this country into a ditch.

Wanted? has he changed that?
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by bb16: 2:32pm On May 06, 2012
I don't think this should be an issue about empathy. The main thing here is that there is a government that needs to be run. If the person put in power to maintain the machinery of state is incapable so to do, he needs to step down humbly, or risk removal. This is how it should be, we should not begin to smear the issue with emotions or concerns about the feelings of someone who is not doing what he should do. Thus far, what tangible stride can he boast of achieving? I'm racking the corners of my brain to find just one, but I cannot. I am personally not perthurbed by what his feelings are because he is not doing enough to show that he cares about his people. He is a steward, and custodian of the state, upon his inauguration, so he needs to step up to the plate. Thank you.
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by Gbawe: 3:24pm On May 06, 2012
laykhorn:
Oh! I see you're his indiffrent brother. Hw would the yorubas want him to fail when they voted him to power even when ACN won all the states nd virtually all senatorial tickets. I think most yorubas voted 'GOODLUCK' to make things happen and not this cowardice 'GOATLOCK' that we all know.

My brother, there is no allowance for logic or commonsense in the world of blind bigots and pitiful haters.
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by LailaIkeji1: 3:33pm On May 06, 2012
bb16: I don't think this should be an issue about empathy. The main thing here is that there is a government that needs to be run. If the person put in power to maintain the machinery of state is incapable so to do, he needs to step down humbly, or risk removal. This is how it should be, we should not begin to smear the issue with emotions or concerns about the feelings of someone who is not doing what he should do. Thus far, what tangible stride can he boast of achieving? I'm racking the corners of my brain to find just one, but I cannot. I am personally not perthurbed by what his feelings are because he is not doing enough to show that he cares about his people. He is a steward, and custodian of the state, upon his inauguration, so he needs to step up to the plate. Thank you.

Nigerians hav never been sooo disappointed. hmmm. GEJ. Sad super story.
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:55pm On May 06, 2012
Not a winkle pity.
He's the president for goodness sake.
As stated, to him much is given much is expected.
And the bulk stops with him.
If he can't handle the heat, he shouldn't be in the kitchen of politics.
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by CuteTj(m): 4:25pm On May 06, 2012
Thank God i didn't vote for him because i knew that things would degenerate to this level. He should grow b.a.l.l.s and start acting like a strong man.
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by oiseworld: 4:26pm On May 06, 2012
Sweetlemon:
So if Jonathan murders your mother openly, you will applaud him cos he did it transparently? So because he openly budgets N1B for food right in the midst of the harsh impact of subsidy removal on most Nigerians, he has done well abi? Oh I see! Pls forgive my ignorance

is that why you're cring? Ok sorry!!! Pele.
But, do you know how much was the president's feeding allowance before gej came into power? No you don't!!
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by jmaine: 4:30pm On May 06, 2012
CuteTj: Thank God i didn't vote for him because i knew that things would degenerate to this level. He should grow b.a.l.l.s and start acting like a strong man.

Yes, the way OBJ acted like a strong man in ordering the razing down of Odi and Zaki biam . .killing all and sundry in sight . . .
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by oiseworld: 4:33pm On May 06, 2012
bb16: I don't think this should be an issue about empathy. The main thing here is that there is a government that needs to be run. If the person put in power to maintain the machinery of state is incapable so to do, he needs to step down humbly, or risk removal. This is how it should be, we should not begin to smear the issue with emotions or concerns about the feelings of someone who is not doing what he should do. Thus far, what tangible stride can he boast of achieving? I'm racking the corners of my brain to find just one, but I cannot. I am personally not perthurbed by what his feelings are because he is not doing enough to show that he cares about his people. He is a steward, and custodian of the state, upon his inauguration, so he needs to step up to the plate. Thank you.

what are you vexing for? Lol
the posted only used the word pity with the knowledge that some strong nigerians are only tring to frustrate his government. Of which we all know.

With the knowledge of this i would like you to repost your comment, and make it more meaningful.
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by kutchs: 4:38pm On May 06, 2012
Many of us here do not appreciate the enormity of the problem Nigeria faces. Jonathan may not have met all our expectations but how many presidents and heads of state ever met all expectations? What could any one Buhari, Ribadu, Utomi, Shekarau etc have done given the many problems the country is facing? Running a complex difficult country lyk Nigeria is not running a Town Dev Union.
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by Sweetlemon(f): 4:54pm On May 06, 2012
kutchs: Many of us here do not appreciate the enormity of the problem Nigeria faces. Jonathan may not have met all our expectations but how many presidents and heads of state ever met all expectations? What could any one Buhari, Ribadu, Utomi, Shekarau etc have done given the many problems the country is facing? Running a complex difficult country lyk Nigeria is not running a Town Dev Union.
Your post shows that Jonathan has met some expectations right? Can u kindly list those expectations for us to see and appreciate?
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by CuteTj(m): 4:55pm On May 06, 2012
jmaine:

Yes, the way OBJ acted like a strong man in ordering the razing down of Odi and Zaki biam . .killing all and sundry in sight . . .
He says he knows the real sponsors of Boko Haram then why hasn't he cracked down on them? As the CIC of the Armed Forces, He should use his powers to bring all these peeps down but since he is weak these set of people are still gallivanting around Nigeria.
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by oraclefemi(m): 5:04pm On May 06, 2012
I have not benefited from this country, i pay for everything i use and prices keeps going up , nothing is free except air,i buy, water, food,paid my fees through out school and got a degree that i cant use because they didnt teach me shyte AND MY LECTURERS dictated from a book they were taught with back in the 70's, my president lives in aso rock and nothing he does affects me ..oh the strike affected me and fuel prices went up, so pls pls NIGERIA CAN GO TO HELL WITH ITS PRESIDENT !Sweden doesnt have half of what we have and education is FREE. imagine what the trillions from the oil subsidy will do to NIGERIAN universities ! If Jonathan should die now , i will just read the news and just move on because it doesnt affect me, one leaves another corrupt bastard is waiting to take his place.

1 Like

Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by seglan(m): 5:16pm On May 06, 2012
Pity for him because i voted for him to be my president. All i know is God that put him there will see him through
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by Walexz02(m): 5:26pm On May 06, 2012
y should I pity himk? if 1 or 2 of his relatives ar bombed down nw he would knw hw to do d right thing at d right tyme.mtcheqwww
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by Walexz02(m): 5:29pm On May 06, 2012
oraclefemi: I have not benefited from this country, i pay for everything i use and prices keeps going up , nothing is free except air,i buy, water, food,paid my fees through out school and got a degree that i cant use because they didnt teach me shyte AND MY LECTURERS dictated from a book they were taught with back in the 70's, my president lives in aso rock and nothing he does affects me ..oh the strike affected me and fuel prices went up, so pls pls NIGERIA CAN GO TO HELL WITH ITS PRESIDENT !Sweden doesnt have half of what we have and education is FREE. imagine what the trillions from the oil subsidy will do to NIGERIAN universities ! If Jonathan should die now , i will just read the news and just move on because it doesnt affect me, one leaves another corrupt bastard is waiting to take his place.
True talk!!!!! to hell wif them!!!!
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by osifred(m): 5:53pm On May 06, 2012
¶ don't feel indifferent abt him ¶ pity for him cos am sure dis wasn't what he bargain for. For dis reason ¶ hav avoided insultin or ridiculling him but dat is nt to say ¶ don't criticize him the only difference is dat ¶ do it objectively.
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by alahamad(m): 6:10pm On May 06, 2012
This poll is even anoying.....
Every Nigerian in his/her right/left senses will not think of any such word as pity for that bloated retardeen nd his piggy sack looking wife....

For crying out loud with the way they prey on the Nigerian resources, they are worst that snakes in the jungle.

The whole government of GEJ is a failure nd it includes all his blind/greedy supporters.
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by jidewin(m): 6:10pm On May 06, 2012
Pity keh? Maybe if he makes me one minister directly connected to NNPC....bah wahala...in fact I go campaign. JONATHAN ...SAI MEIGIDA...SAI BABA.
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by tribalism(m): 6:17pm On May 06, 2012
~Bluetooth:

shocked shocked what position did he serve that would have made him richer than Gowon ?
MINISTER OF FINANCE
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by kenny1st(m): 6:21pm On May 06, 2012
Who will pity for a dummy ? Sometimes I wonder is this man is actually a graduate and whoever he called himself to be. Look @ d situation in d country, everything is upside down, no light, no water, house rent is on increase, infact everything has added money in d market and no law to save the poor ones whose salaries had remain d same four the past four year under the so-called nigeria companies. The suffering is too much, sometimes I feel like seimg this dummy jonathan and strangle him to death myself. Its not by force to be in power, if you are not capable why don't you allow someone come to try ? Japan had 5 president in six years not because their constition support it, but because they choose to resign when they feel they can not fix the problems...gosh ! Am really tired of this country where nothing works ! The people are just suffering and poor people are increase by number on a daily basis. May God help us take jonathan out either dead or alive !
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by Dipwater(m): 6:42pm On May 06, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Okoro,are you retarrded ? Was Awolowo ever a president of Nigeria ? Why not ask Zik to bring what he looted when he was made figure head president under Balewa ? Ode

Dat0is one big problem with u mr bluetooth. Dat willy willy of a guy is not 4rm the east he is 4rm the south south he is only supporting his broda @willy willy its not all about tribe ,let's shred dat mentally and embrace truth. Thank u
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by DaLover(m): 6:45pm On May 06, 2012
maasoap: You people are not sincere at all. He won 5 out 6 states in Yoruba land and he also won many states in the Northern region. During primary election, he won Atiku simply because many Hausa voted for him. The simple but bitter truth is that your Retarden has disappointed and still disappointing many Nigerians. The people that are criticising him today once believed in him and trusted him and that was why they all voted him but he's simply not getting it right. Protecting thieves, protecting criminals, irrational and senseless comments all the time. His cabinet is full of thieves.
Do you even appreciate how the political structure of the country prevents development and makes it difficult to fight corruption?
Things will have to change very slowly as long as Hausas and Yorubas insist on the status quo..
The system we operate presently protects thieves and corrupt people...people need to see this, its more than individuals....
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by tribalism(m): 6:47pm On May 06, 2012
there're lots of fools here. GEJ has no problem. i wish he will want to go on in 2015, i'll still give him all my support. we all know what problem nigeria has but is busy discussing GEJ. my take on boko haram is, GEJ should allow the actors to continue and one day they will become tired and boko haram will die a natural death.
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by Kobojunkie: 6:59pm On May 06, 2012
Mynd_44: Honestly, I don't see why anyone should pity him. Are you trying to tell me that ha did not know what he was getting himself into?

abi oooo!!! I pity any bubble-brained Nigerian who pities this man.

1 Like

Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by jpphilips(m): 7:05pm On May 06, 2012
Wily+Wily:

Jonathan didn't introduced corruption in the system, he met it there but trying all his best to curtail it, for the past 40yrs Fraudulent Yorubas and their Dubious partners (Hausa/Fulani North) mess Nigeria up by introducing their Looting and embezzling culture and you want Jonathan to correct all those wrongs in one year, tell the Children of Awolowo to bring back their fathers loots.

even devil will not take you serious @ the bolded, you need deliverance
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by sisqology(m): 7:07pm On May 06, 2012
I can never pity him
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 06, 2012
!.?
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 06, 2012
!
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 06, 2012
+
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by Delafruita(m): 7:18pm On May 06, 2012
seglan: Pity for him because i voted for him to be my president. All i know is God that put him there will see him through
our major problem in Nigeria is our warped overdependence on "God".did God rig the election for him?did God pay hundreds of million to defeat atiku?unless you wanna say God is PDP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative / 2023: Appeal Court Reinstates Adebutu, Other PDP Candidates / US Warns Citizens Over Shi’ites Protest In Abuja, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.