Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? (12828 Views)

Poll: Do You Pity President Jonathan?

I Really Feel For Him: 27% (82 votes)
I Don't Pity Him At All: 58% (170 votes)
Am Indifferent: 13% (41 votes)
This poll has ended

Fuel Scarcity Worsens,See The Current Situation In Nigeria(photos) / Saraki Doesn't Deserve Pity,He &His Gang Of Thieves Scattered APC's Plan-Igbokwe / Shocking! APC Released A 2013 Picture Of Buhari As His Current Picture In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by Delafruita(m): 7:23pm On May 06, 2012
@tribalism
i pray by then they would have bombed you family into a gazillion pieces.then you will be left mulling over that idiotic piece of thrash you just wrote.some idiots dont realise the ebele's sloppiness means loss of lives.an innocent uncle lost his life to boko haram and one idiot is here spewing thrash.mind urself o
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 06, 2012
_
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by aljharem(m): 7:27pm On May 06, 2012
DaLover:
Do you even appreciate how the political structure of the country prevents development and makes it difficult to fight corruption?
Things will have to change very slowly as long as Hausas and Yorubas insist on the status quo..
The system we operate presently protects thieves and corrupt people...people need to see this, its more than individuals....

You must be crazy, what statues quo ?

When the Yorubas and Hausas were protesting against their leaders, where were yours ?

When Soyinka was holding hands with Gani, where were your leaders ?

Is it the Igbos that quiet are the Innocent ones ?

Tribalism is indeed killing this country

Dipwater:

Dat0is one big problem with u mr bluetooth. Dat willy willy of a guy is not 4rm the east he is 4rm the south south he is only supporting his broda @willy willy its not all about tribe ,let's shred dat mentally and embrace truth. Thank u

Willy willy is Igbo jare. Stop this ideeiot crazy

we have already caught her out on this board

Along side Dalover
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by Delafruita(m): 7:43pm On May 06, 2012
suberuseyi:
CORRECTIONS: Over-misuse of and abuse of the holy name of God. God cannot be over-depended on. Nigerians use God's name only when they're getting punished for their covert wickedness.
correction noted and discarded.Nigerians place every minute thing at the feet of God.
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by tribalism(m): 7:52pm On May 06, 2012
the governors are the chief security officers in their various states. no governor has behaved as though boko haram is a security threat in his state. the governors are comfortable with it, but they should be the ones to identify the boko members as they are closer to them. blame the northern governors first before GEJ as their none challant attitude has done more harm than good.
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by ballabriggs: 8:01pm On May 06, 2012
jmaine:

Yes, the way OBJ acted like a strong man in ordering the razing down of Odi and Zaki biam . .killing all and sundry in sight . . .

Another CCM Certified Mugu. Was it Obusanjo that also bombed Ayakorama?
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by tribalism(m): 8:23pm On May 06, 2012
@Delafruita
accept my condolence. i lived in the north when boko haram was only known in MAIDUGIRI, and just after the presidential election crisis, i smelt a rat, i now live in WARRI DELTA state. you need to know how desperate the north wants power back. its crazy, its time nigeria disintegrate.
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by flexdee(m): 8:24pm On May 06, 2012
I dont pity Retardeen at all even he can go to HELL for all i care.
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by jmaine: 8:32pm On May 06, 2012
ballabriggs:

Another CCM Certified Mugu. Was it Obusanjo that also bombed Ayakorama?

I expect a pig like you to come up with something better worth a good reply . . . You think i have time for your drably tribal slurs . . .
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by tribalism(m): 9:00pm On May 06, 2012
GEJ is not a magician and just immediately they sent boko haram after him. i'll advice him not to resign as nobody has done anything to show him moral or mental support to show patriotism. it looks like he is the problem and not boko haram.
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by hubreality(m): 9:01pm On May 06, 2012
I knew this thread will encourage the evil called tribalism. You can easily read the mindsets of people on board. We pity such evil and destructive trend, and the associated tribalists that cause real problems than the said GEJ.
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by tribalism(m): 9:06pm On May 06, 2012
he should refuse to be intimidated by those not better than him in any form. did they not insist YARADUA should die in office and not resign when it became very obvious he can longer go on. idiotz!
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by tribalism(m): 9:17pm On May 06, 2012
GEJ must as a matter of nigerian factor remain the president and just do the things he can until we begin to address the actual issues and you will see things working out well, even the challenge of boko haram. people, let GEJ be.

1 Like

Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by ballabriggs: 9:23pm On May 06, 2012
jmaine:

I expect a pig like you to come up with something better worth a good reply . . . You think i have time for your drably tribal slurs . . .

Look Mr, you are a mugu. Infact you are not just a CCM, you are an FCCM Fellow Chartered Certified Mugu! I ask again was it Obusanjo that bombed women and children at Ayakorama in 2010? Answer now all you remain an FCCM all your life.
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by supremebeing09: 10:06pm On May 06, 2012
I don't pity any man who does hard work worth doing. I admire him. I pity the creature who does not work, at whichever end of the social scale he may regard himself as being.

Theodore Roosevelt

On that note, I would say I pity Jonathan for not being admirable enough. I pity him also for not working hard enough for the benefit of Nigerian citizens. If he wants my pity, he should rule admirably so that when things go wrong, I can offer him my pity. So far, he's been rather pitiful than admirable.

My opinion.
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by sisqology(m): 10:45pm On May 06, 2012
suberuseyi:
Don't be impassive either. He doesn't need you to pity him: he needs your prayers though.

Mrman, will u shut up?! Is he ur father?
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by Psalmuell: 11:07pm On May 06, 2012
Na me send am message ni.he can go to hell 4 all i care.they r all natural born thieves.
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by DaLover(m): 11:11pm On May 06, 2012
alj harem:

When the Yorubas and Hausas were protesting against their leaders, where were yours ?

Along side Dalover

You probably have not heard of Isaac Saka Boro, Saro wiwa, Kaiyama declaration, SS and SE protest walk out on constitutional confab etc...up to niger delta militancy... these people have been fighting for self determination long before the fight for subsidy aka free fuel and Abiola must be president campaigns....

Check the link below and see several protest in Niger delta, you cant be telling me about protesting
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&biw=1280&bih=807&sclient=psy-ab&q=ijaw+protest+%2B+oil&btnG=

I sincerely hope you don't see igbos chasing you in your nightmares...lol
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by isangedigh(m): 11:15pm On May 06, 2012
Delafruita: for what na?why will i pity shoeless,clueless,brainless,actionless ebele?

Delafruita,take am easy Oohh...! I think PITY aint the right word...anyone with the right words and il pour out my spirit...
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by DaLover(m): 11:36pm On May 06, 2012
Even people that cannot run a family unit successfully, talk less of an organization of people or lead a project all join to comment...internet good sha...The other day there was a thread on how people would solve the boko haram issue...and come and see mis-firing from my fellow Nlers...
Even the simplest task of properly articulating your position against GEJ has become a herculean task, so many mugus here are driven by the removal of subsidy and the Boko issue...
GEJ with all his faults remained the best option in 2011, neither the al qeada rep Buhari nor Ribadu would have done better...having said that , if the SW is fighting him because of his attempts break their hold on the downstream oil sector, and the core north is fighting him because of Power, the development we seek will be slow in coming.
If they succeed in making things difficult for him and turn around to advice him to resign...let me not talk further sha...U.S don talk say na 2015
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by DaLover(m): 11:39pm On May 06, 2012
alj harem:

[size=13pt]No we don't want him to fail. We would never want him to fail

If you want someone to succeed in life you drive the person by telling the person the truth. If he learns his lesson, then he might actually be the best president Nigeria ever had. But would he is the question.

You and Dalover are just to myopic to see this[/size]
Do you agree that the truth is that to solve the corruption issue, Govt has to divest itself from most of the enterprises it is running now

Must the govt run NNPC??
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by DaLover(m): 11:46pm On May 06, 2012
alj harem:

Along side Dalover

See two key Yoruba leaders asking for more sharing of oil money but also insisting that majority of the VAT produced in Lagos should be kept in Lagos? Is that not hypocrisy?? Does this strike you like people that seriously want change in the way we do things in this country

Nigerian federalism is fraudulent - Tinubu, Aregbesola, Fashola

Tunde Odesola

The leadership of the Action Congress of Nigeria has described the country's federalism as anti-people.

Former Lagos State Governor, A

advertisement

Leaders of the party, who spoke at an induction ceremony held in Osogbo for all ACN's legislators, nationwide, on Thursday, said the country's federalism ran counter to development.

The leaders, who spoke at the ceremony included the National Chairman of the party, Chief Bisi Akande; a former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Osun State Governor, Mr Rauf Aregbesola, Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola, and the National Secretary of the party, Dr Usman Bugaje.

A cross-section of the leaders called for a review of the constitution to reflect the desires of the citizenry.

In his paper entitled, Leadership and party supremacy, Akande said, "The twin major ingredients of cohesion and discipline are leadership and ideology.

"Ideology represents objectives while leadership provides social influence that motivates people to serve.

"We are constantly promising Nigerians to effect a measured change from what Peoples Democratic Party had fraudulently been doing in the past 12 years."

Tinubu said the Federal Government had no solution to the myriad problems besetting the country, stressing that the government at the centre was perpetrating corruption via the country's federal structure.

The National Secretary of the party, Dr Usman Bugaje, said only the ACN was capable of providing the template for Nigeria's greatness, stressing that the party would continue to work out the political salvation of the country.

Tinubu contended that it was wrong for the Federal Government to unilaterally fix a minimum wage for the 36 states of the country.

Tinubu explained that it was wrong of the Federal Government to unilaterally operate the Excess Crude Account, sell national properties and institutions without giving the proceeds to the state governments.

He said, "The country's Constitution was not written, debated and adopted by the generality of Nigerians. It was the military that wrote it without inputs from the generality of Nigerians. Sovereignty, in our constitution, was taken from the people and given to the Federal Government."

Fashola called for a new allocation sharing formula, which would see the Federal Government receiving 35 per cent of the country's monetary resources while the states take 42 per cent and local government takes 23 per cent.

Like Tinubu, Fashola faulted the Federal Government for fixing the minimum wage for all states, saying that the action negated productivity and creativity.

Fashola, who explained that the minimum wage of blue collar jobs could be fixed, however, argued that it is difficult to fix the wage of white collar jobs.

Supporting the clamour for the establishment of state police, Fashola described the present arrangement wherein the Federal Government controls the police as an aberration.

He said the creation of state police was a veritable avenue of providing mass employment to teeming Nigerian youths, adding that it was wrong of the Federal Government to keep the money charged on Value Added Tax.

Calling for federalism and more allocations from the center at the same time? alternatives to GEJ indeed!!!
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by DaLover(m): 11:49pm On May 06, 2012
tribalism: @Delafruita
accept my condolence. i lived in the north when boko haram was only known in MAIDUGIRI, and just after the presidential election crisis, i smelt a rat, i now live in WARRI DELTA state. you need to know how desperate the north wants power back. its crazy, its time nigeria disintegrate.

They know, but just don't want to admit it in public...it called indirect support...
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by aljharem(m): 11:54pm On May 06, 2012
DaLover:
Do you agree that the truth is that to solve the corruption issue, Govt has to divest itself from most of the enterprises it is running now

Must the govt run NNPC??

Dalover please and Please you are not Ijaw, stop lying to Nairalanders. If truly by any chance you are Ijaw, I take you mama beg you, tell GEJ to split this country fast !

When your fore-fathers where getting Awolowo free education in delta state where were likes of Ibori and co ?

When cocoa was funding the west before oil, what were your leaders feeding on ?

Just so you know I am not lying

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/community-news/18603-ijaw-people-invoke-awos-spirit

http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/articles/awolowos_peoples_republic.htm

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/columnist/thursday/jide-osuntokun/16327-obafemi-awolowo-and-the-making-of-remo-a-review-2.html

http://www.nigerianmuse.com/projects/Awoproject/?PHPSESSID=80a333ce9b34574eeaf9416291533225

Please, I cannot live in a country like this. Just tell GEJ to split the country insisted to ranting about Yoruba and Hausa all day while the innocent Igbos that have nothing to do with oil companies are good.

Just tell GEJ to split the country. We are protesting for SNC in the West, North and middle belt. I bet the same is what is going on in the minds of Igbos and Ijaws, so what is the wait for ?

If you allow this country to continue after GEJ without a split, then don't complain whatever happens after that.

Enuff said

1 Like

Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by aljharem(m): 11:58pm On May 06, 2012
So Dalover biko tell GEJ to split the country. Thanks

This is your chance
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by oraclefemi(m): 12:14am On May 07, 2012
PHUCK every one that has ruled Nigeria till date..dead or alive, they all got their hands dirty so its not a matter of tribe, hausa , ibo , yoruba we all messed this great country up, no tribal sentiments, this mess was created by us , NIGERIA CAN NEVER CHANGE ! THE TREE WILL BEAR ITS FRUITS,UNLESS YOU CUT THE TREE FROM THE ROOT, SO WHO WILL CUT THE ROOT? Complain from now till tomorrow nothing can or will work, if you can put food on your table , just thank God and move on , dont lament anything , they will keep looting , their children will continue and their children children..who will jail them? the court ? judiciary that told 150 million Nigerians that IBORI is not a criminal ? The church ? the church that did thanksgiving for criminal bode george? the military? those ones their records speak for them...pls name who will change Nigeria..and the police? hahahaha those ones are just total rubbish ! NIGERIA IS A FAILURE AND IF MY CHILDREN ASK WHO RUINED THIS COUNTRY..I HAVE THEIR NAMES .
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by DaLover(m): 12:25am On May 07, 2012
alj harem:

Dalover please and Please you are not Ijaw, stop lying to Nairalanders. If truly by any chance you are Ijaw, I take you mama beg you, tell GEJ to split this country fast !

When your fore-fathers where getting Awolowo free education in delta state where were likes of Ibori and co ?

When cocoa was funding the west before oil, what were your leaders feeding on ?

Just so you know I am not lying

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/community-news/18603-ijaw-people-invoke-awos-spirit

http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/articles/awolowos_peoples_republic.htm

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/columnist/thursday/jide-osuntokun/16327-obafemi-awolowo-and-the-making-of-remo-a-review-2.html

http://www.nigerianmuse.com/projects/Awoproject/?PHPSESSID=80a333ce9b34574eeaf9416291533225

Please, I cannot live in a country like this. Just tell GEJ to split the country insisted to ranting about Yoruba and Hausa all day while the innocent Igbos that have nothing to do with oil companies are good.

Just tell GEJ to split the country. We are protesting for SNC in the West, North and middle belt. I bet the same is what is going on in the minds of Igbos and Ijaws, so what is the wait for ?

If you allow this country to continue after GEJ without a split, then don't complain whatever happens after that.

Enuff said

The Bendel people had it so good under Awolowo that they fought night and day to break free from him...r u in your right state of mind at all? Check the history of Uniben, and how Oba of Benin and other notable mid westerners ad thy were caled then fought to get their own school, because they felt marginalized
when Cocoa was funding west, there was resource control, what is bad in asking for it to be re-instated...or your monkey brain cannot grapple this concept...

See Yoruba man whats to decieve us again oo, we 9ja deltans should split the country and you will turn around, combine with the north and fight us....We saw how Awo did it previously....You guys should start first ...we are following closely behind...we want to split tooo...but we r behind you...shebi you have OPC, you have seen mend taking on Nigerian armed forces, lets see OPC, then we will follow...not the other way round ...
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by aljharem(m): 12:31am On May 07, 2012
DaLover:

The Bendel people had it so good under Awolowo that they fought night and day to break free from him...r u in your right state of mind at all? Check the history of Uniben, and how Oba of Benin and other notable mid westerners ad thy were caled then fought to get their own school, because they felt marginalized
when Cocoa was funding west, there was resource control, what is bad in asking for it to be re-instated...or your monkey brain cannot grapple this concept...

See Yoruba man whats to decieve us again oo, we 9ja deltans should split the country and you will turn around, combine with the north and fight us....We saw how Awo did it previously....You guys should start first ...we are following closely behind...we want to split tooo...but we r behind you...shebi you have OPC, you have seen mend taking on Nigerian armed forces, lets see OPC, then we will follow...not the other way round ...

LOL they had it bad under the western region and that was why Yorubas freed them ?

NCNC aka Nnamdi Azikwe split the western region for political reasons best know to him.

THE MID-WEST DID NOT FIGHT NIGHT AND DAY, In fact there was no fight so stop lying your stu.pid igbo man. There was a referendum and Oba Bini decided to have the mid-west.

Thus the west was the first region to split, Yorubas did not fight a war because of that neither did the mid-west. Only for years later Ojukwu to invade them. So you see, you sir are not from the mid-west and I dare any mid-western to challenge me on this. I am not talking about your Igbotic goons

Ok ! You lair

The links I brought out were by Ijaws and Urhobos so go figure
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by aljharem(m): 12:32am On May 07, 2012
Dalover please tell GEJ to split the country. Thanks
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by jason123: 12:36am On May 07, 2012
DaLover:

I'm not into this argument but I have to correct the impression on your first paragraph.
It was MAINLY an NCNC initiated split not because Mid-westerners were suffering.
Read professor Omoruyi's account!

I WAS INVOLVED AS A PARTISAN POLITICIAN

I am hesitating to write about the story of the creation of Midwest or Edo State, for another reason. I was an active partisan politician at the University of Ibadan opposed to both the NCNC and the AG, the two popular political parties in the two provinces of Benin and Delta. I was also a political science student at the University of Ibadan with a knack for the drama in the Western Region and its impact on the politics of 1964 Federal Elections.

It is simplistic to label the NCNC as pro-Midwestern Region from the abundance of the goodwill of the Igbo or their leader, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe. It is also simplistic to label the AG as against the new Region from the wickedness of the Yoruba and their leader, Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Maybe we should ask few questions.

What was so special about Midwest that was absent in the Calabar-Ogoja-River State?

Why should the NCNC support the creation of a Region in the West and not in the East and in the North?

How many of us appreciate the strategic decision of the NPC to go southwards in 1962 during the intra-party crisis in Action Group in the Western Region?

How many of us appreciate the impact of the monumental crisis in Yoruba land in 1962 on the creation of the new Region?

How many of us appreciate the bond between Chief FS Okotie-Eboh and Alhaji Muhammadu Ribadu?

How many of us appreciate that this bond more critical than what the NCNC appreciated to the creation of the Region?

How many of us knew of the relationship between Apostle John Edokpolor and the Sardauna of Sokoto?

How many of us knew how that impacted on the creation of the Midwestern Region?

How many of us knew why Apostle John Edokpolor was made one of the Commissioners during the Interim Administration of the new Region?

http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/rarticles/revisiting_the_story_of_midwest.htm
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by jason123: 12:37am On May 07, 2012
Carry on with your debate! cool
Re: With His Current Situation, Do You Pity President Jonathan? by aljharem(m): 12:41am On May 07, 2012
^^^^^^

Thank you o !!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Files Fresh Charges Against Co-defendants Of Nnamdi Kanu / INEC Is Investigating Allegations Of Buried PVCs In Imo - Festus Okoye / Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.