Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors (20098 Views)

President Jonathan Sacks Striking Doctors - Thecable / Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients / Fashola Sacks Striking Doctors In Lagos- What Is Your View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by reindeer: 11:03pm On May 07, 2012
princey83:

they don't pay u much in the UK, do they? I bet u are dreaming and wishing u were practicing in north America but our standard here are high. UK doctors are not much different from naija doctors anyway.LOL

I will not descend to your levels by telling you how much i earn, i believe you have internet access. Your inferiority complex is definitely striking. First you think Nigerian doctors are unemployable, next you compare pay in a very ignorant manner. I wonder what makes you think north America has the best in the sub specialities?You do really need to read a bit before making comments, you're not displaying good cognitive functions here.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 07, 2012
12 inches!:

Like the seniors were not juniors in the past abi.....I sha hope u knw that doctors av one of the greatest mobility of labor in the world...... Sack 1000 doctors frm a system that lacks enuff doctor to patient ratio and coerce some doctors to cme and be 'forgiven' if they denounce the strike...Shebi it's Politics...Fashola clap for yasef

m sure the ministry of health would have accepted like 10,000 applications by now to replace the sacked ones. Thank God you did not study medicine. Hope ur dad pays the ones in his hospital more than 100k per month, else ur guess is as good as mine. nuff said. byeeeee!
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by reindeer: 11:11pm On May 07, 2012
princey83:

m sure the ministry of health would have accepted like 10,000 applications by now to replace the sacked ones. Thank God you did not study medicine. Hope ur dad pays the ones in his hospital more than 100k per month, else ur guess is as good as mine. nuff said. byeeeee!

10,000 applications? Do you have any idea the total number of doctors ever trained in Nigeria since inception of medical training and regsitration?Are you aware of the number practicing outside Lagos as a state?
This is not counting the number who have died, left Nigeria, and those not practicing anymore. . .You sure need education before commenting.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by dumodust(m): 11:11pm On May 07, 2012
All I see is that lots and lots of people are going to die and they're not going to be these doctors or their relations. Believe me, these politicians have just put the people of their state on a slab while to scurry off abroad for check up and to treat common malaria. How much are we really talking about, multiply it by 1000 and tell me if one can politician has not embezzled more than that. At least some people are bravely standing up to them.
And for those people saying that someone's job is humanitarian work, they should try offering their own goods and services free.
Anyway, the price of healthcare in the so called private hospital's is about to hit the roof and sincerely, if u can't afford it since government hospitals are the largest and cheapest, redirect your anger appropriately.
For all you men with families, kids and pregnant wives, start praying. It's the common people not these so called decision makers that are going to die. Period
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by PeterKbaba: 11:13pm On May 07, 2012
wunmi38: I wish we all look at the LASG striking doctors from the fence so that we can more objective i want to say LASG doctors are turning to Nigerian Politician with the way they strike every now and then.The reason for the strike is more selfish than for the sake of the patients they are suppose to be treating, if we strike every time basically because of increase in wages dont we know that it will have its effect on the economy of the state when the average person that attends to the need of a doctor hears that they have incresed monthly take home aa doctor they tend to incease ccost of products to you. Another angle am looking at it is the issue of a clause in the ethics that guides their profession that is against this sort of strike so i will say if the state Government have calculated the cost analysis and feel its better thay can go ahead but on the other way round they should sit down and have a better and meaningful discussion.
Concusively i will say this catergorically that the striking doctors are being used to disterblise the peace of the state let us beware.

PLEASE READ THE WRITING ON THE WALL!!! PDP AS INFILTRATED THE DOCTORS AND TRYING TO USE THEM AS A POLITICAL TOOL, WITHOUT EVEN THE DOCTORS KNOWING THIS... Tell me how 1000 doctors would go on strike for weeks, knowing the have patients dieing at the expense... this is not acceptable at all..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 07, 2012
Though 173k might be small but on a Nigeria term,how many federal or state civil services pay the least staff such amount ? In a society,every occupation is important for the survival of that society.How is a medical doctor more important that a optician,dentist,aurist and others even within the same medical field but these doctors would always want to receive special allowance? The loss of lives must be stopped by any/every possible means and if kicking their asss is going will do that,then i'm cool with it. Let them go to private sector; try going on strike for just one day if they wont be sacked that same day. .Everybody wan chop government money. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by anishe(m): 11:25pm On May 07, 2012
A WHOLE LOT OF MISINFORMATION ON NAIRALAND. Anyway, it is the online beer parlour. Anything goes.

the doctors are on strike because the govt. failed to honour the agreement it reached with them last year. The question is 'Why do you sign an agreement with thee Medical guild when you know you can not implement the said agreement'? thats the problem. Politicians are looting our treasury dry and nobody is complaining. do you know how much the lawmakers are being paid? but to pay doctors becomes a problem. i tire for this country.
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by armadeo(m): 11:27pm On May 07, 2012
i have seen the so called Nigerian doctor and i tell you they are worth their salt. Man if only you in to there govt hospitals and see the vol of patients you'll understand why0they need to be paid more. I once went to lasuth got there round 6.45 am and met 3 doc on ground. Left around 7pm. The doctor i complained to smiled at me and said somebody must be last. See patients that day. Those doctor they try. When i was leaving i overhead 2 of them saying they are0going for breakfast. All of you clapping i hope you can pay their private clinic bills cos i knoW for sure that the experience they have cannot be bought with money. Eko ni baje oh. Lagos is working

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by armadeo(m): 11:34pm On May 07, 2012
funny enough that DAY the prescription i was given was 180 bucks. Thats all for a problem i have spent thousands on. The guy looked at me once and wrote the drug. I went home saying see this fool he didn't even look well. The next day i said let me just go and buy the drug which i got and voila my own cure 180 bucks and you say e no knoW book. Pls say them jare

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by livapul86(m): 11:36pm On May 07, 2012
@Doctors in the house, working with the LASG, we need some clarity on the issues in contention. I have read totally conflicting statements from certain doctors and the LASG.
My questions are;
To what degree has the government faulted on the previous agreement you had with it on CONMESS? Is it total or slightly partial?
Is there any truth to the statement by the LASG that you're blackmailing it into paying ridiculous allowances for house officers undergoing training?
Just these questions in the interim to enable us all understand the various perspectives in this emerging drama.
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 07, 2012
anishe: A WHOLE LOT OF MISINFORMATION ON NAIRALAND. Anyway, it is the online beer parlour. Anything goes.

the doctors are on strike because the govt. failed to honour the agreement it reached with them last year. The question is 'Why do you sign an agreement with thee Medical guild when you know you can not implement the said agreement'? thats the problem. Politicians are looting our treasury dry and nobody is complaining. do you know how much the lawmakers are being paid? but to pay doctors becomes a problem. i tire for this country.

Why should medical doctors be given special treatment out of all the jobs in the civil service ? Army defend the country,Police protect lives and properties,sss chase boko harams and kidnappers. . . . .are these people also not entitle to strike ? Do you care about them ? Stop thinking doctors are the most important guys in Nigeria !

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by jigawatts(m): 11:40pm On May 07, 2012
I rily dont pity these Lagos doctors tho, They punished me so much when I wanted to have a mini-Operation with dem ........... B4 I culd see d doctor, It took me about 2weeks(using influence o) ... Doctors are mini-Gods..... They come like twice in a week, After I saw the doctor... He analysed and used story story to cover up...... And told me to come for anoda appointment..... He postponed for over 4nmonths and frustrated me till I did d operation in his own private hospital which I paid like double d money I was to pay to Lagos State. Seriously, I dont see why they are clamouring for more pay.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by dejato: 11:43pm On May 07, 2012
@Cellular...I am a doctor looking to join the government employment and offcourse still stay in the private sector cos thats the only way we make ends meet..I don't plan to join lagos state workforce sha...that's why I have been doing my study on other states and their pay.
If lagos state employed over 800 docs in last 3 years and they sacked over 1000 doctors now does it mean that it was just over 200 that were in the workforce before 3 years ago? Do the maths...the govt just write different craps and I'm disappointed you beleive such rubbish.
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Wisdytech(m): 11:45pm On May 07, 2012
Arosa: Let our native doctors take their place, good riddance to quackery. angry
ABI
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by stagger: 11:46pm On May 07, 2012
I really wonder why anyone should live and work in Lagos for the government. The only thing that can keep me in Lagos is business, not government work.

A doctor can alway take his skills elsewhere. I know a doctor in one of the Boko haram states who bought a car in 2 months. The concentration of doctors in the far North is very low.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 07, 2012
jigawatts: I rily dont pity these Lagos doctors tho, They punished me so much when I wanted to have a mini-Operation with dem ........... B4 I culd see d doctor, It took me about 2weeks(using influence o) ... Doctors are mini-Gods..... They come like twice in a week, After I saw the doctor... He analysed and used story story to cover up...... And told me to come for anoda appointment..... He postponed for over 4nmonths and frustrated me till I did d operation in his own private hospital which I paid like double d money I was to pay to Lagos State. Seriously, I dont see why they are clamouring for more pay.

Isnt that the same round-tripping tactis the oil marketers adopt ? Push you here and there so you can end up in their hospitals where you pay more money only to go back and ask fashola for increment.what happens to the hippocratic oath y'all took ?
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 07, 2012
stagger: I really wonder why anyone should live and work in Lagos for the government. The only thing that can keep me in Lagos is business, not government work.

A doctor can alway take his skills elsewhere. I know a doctor in one of the Boko haram states who bought a car in 2 months. The concentration of doctors in the far North is very low.

Better options finally here to our sacked doctors.Special job placement available in potiskum,maiduguiri,taraba,kano,jos,kaduna with best enumerations ever. cheesy
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by kayesanmi(m): 11:54pm On May 07, 2012
adino: Fashola the weak, clueless and thief worshipper has finally grown some balls. In as much as I now detest his government (not Fashola), I give him kudos for this move. SACK ALL THOSE FAKE QUACKS. parading themselves asdemi-gods. Laos doctors are the highest paid in Nigeria apart from FG doctors and they are so full of themselves and think they own the world. You need to see the way these doctors behave in hospitals and I swear you will pray not to ever have anything to do with them.
I pray Fashola do not renege on this mass sack or I will hate him eternally, when they tried Tinubu he sacked them all and they came begging. No matter what, Fashola has done a lot for the health sector and he must be commended for it, there are doctors from other states ready to fill this void, or better still he should go abroad and get doctors on humanitarian ground. THERE MUST BE A WAY TO SHOCK AND FINISH OFF THESE USELESS LAGOS DOCTORS.

Come on...are u not exposing ur ignorance to the public? I'm a medical personel and I dont even know where to begin with you...do not believe everything u read in d papers..d govt owns them. I don't blame u tho.
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Nobody: 12:01am On May 08, 2012
kayesanmi:

Come on...are u not exposing ur ignorance to the public? I'm a medical personel and I dont even know where to begin with you...do not believe everything u read in d papers..d govt owns them. I don't blame u tho.

The blood of those that died because of your inhuman mission is on you sir.Can you be nice enough to tell us any state in Nigeria that earn more than Lagos doctors ? Please dont run away o.
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by nsiadi: 12:04am On May 08, 2012
I wish this drags to the court
I wish Fashola wins so it becomes a bench mark for other states
Its not that I dont like Doctors. Rather its because these doctors dont like us
Y must they always 4get their calling---to save lives
Y must they always prefer money above all other considerations?
Most ppl use strikes as a weapon to fight govt in power
Its really bad that doctors can succumb so cheaply
Let their feathers be ruffled. Let their ego be bruised
Things are getting better in Lagos. Bad government could have sent killers after their headship
Kidnappers could have gone after some of them. They could have resigned on their own----SINCE
Stupid guild. Callous lot. Money mongers. Lets c how they can fit into the society. Tin gods. Giants wt clay feet.
Turn them to me & I will deal wt them. Hunger will deal with them. No futher access to refer patients to their clinics
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Piyke: 12:10am On May 08, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Forget about the true federalism aspect,

Are you trying to tell me that Ekiti, Yobe, Ebonyi and other poor states doctors should also demand for thesame wages with doctors in Lagos or Abuja or PH? shocked shocked

Are they federal or state employees shocked shocked shocked

Ebonyi pays as high as FG by the way

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Mojibola(m): 12:17am On May 08, 2012
why do doctors think they are the only ones dealing with lives? cos i think even the so called roadside mechanic may have saved you from accident that could have taken your life, or the simple carpenter.
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by kayesanmi(m): 12:18am On May 08, 2012
~Bluetooth:

The blood of those that died because of your inhuman mission is on you sir.Can you be nice enough to tell us any state in Nigeria that earn more than Lagos doctors ? Please dont run away o.

This aint a funny matter as lives are being lost.ure already putting all the blame on d doctors...#shame there's a consolidated salary scheme and lagos is one of d few states nt paying it. I.e. Most others are paying. No need to drag issues here cos uve bin spoon fed by the govt-owned media...get ur facts right. Who is going to lose? D govt or d doctors? No country ever has enough medical personel and yet u sack? Hw many doctors are produced on a yearly basis? How many decide to do residency? How many become consultants? How many years of experience can u buy? A handful of these doctors have jobs outta d country buh decided to serve/give back to their country and yet u sack them? Is that d way forward? If u wer to employ doctors of equal standing to replace them, are u going to pay more or even double what isn't being paid yet. I'm nt here to make u want to reply and be aggressive and rain curses I just want u to be objective and do not support a govt that cannot even provide u electricity! Basic electricity...
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by tunapawizzy: 12:18am On May 08, 2012
Kobojunkie: What has state treasury to do with the demand for higher pay and better working conditions? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Do you think at all..most def ur IQ will be lower dan ur body temperature..u dnt knw its from d treasury salries get paid....U also said in ur previous post dat since state govt is under fed govt..state should pay what federal pays...listen to urself..how does that sound to you..walahi u no get sense at all..if we begin explain u no go get am, d problem is ur IQ. Too bad u might have to live with it but talk less so u can conceal ur stewpidity more
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by omosexy1: 12:22am On May 08, 2012
If I were the Governor I will do the same. When you bow to the pressure of unionism, there will never be progress. Their demands will keep pouring in. Unionism is a disease to 21st century industrialization. Must the state government run into deficit to satisfy the selfish needs of men. Visit these hospitals, what impact do they really create? They all want to be spoon fed. The same approach should be considered for PHCN staff; for 3 days they decided to go on strike in Lagos and plunge the whole state into darkness. This is sheer wickedness, there are various ways of address issues, if the doctors and the state government agreed on some terms and the government is not honouring these terms, they should go to court. Last year - Increment in Salary; this year - reduction in tax; next year - Conjugal rights

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by Piyke: 12:22am On May 08, 2012
idupaul: The problem is that most of these doctors believe they should be millionaires from working in govt hosp and that's not possible .... Can U imagine house officers in Lagos asking for teaching allowee ...I support Fashola and pray he doesn't back down .. Any doctor that wants to live in VGC should go and open his own hospital and leave LASG hosps alone pls ...Afterall LASG hosp are there to provide welfarist treatment to low income Lagosian ...

House officers teach medical students so why shouldn't they have teaching allowance. HO's taught me as a medical student during rounds and i also taught medical students during my housemanship.
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by comechop(m): 12:33am On May 08, 2012
Reading this thread makes me weep inside. Yes, NL is an online beer parlor like someone said, but still - is this what our fellow Nigerians think of our medical profession? Heart breaking. I've been on the fence about coming back to practice in Nigeria for the longest time, but after reading this ish posted here - to hell with that.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by tunapawizzy: 12:37am On May 08, 2012
Dear Doctors in d house..dnt get me wrong i am not saying LASG has not reneged on its promises..i am not saying u should make financial sacrifices 4 d state, i am not saying doctors r not crucial in d society, What baffles me is how do u people feel to know dat people are dying because of ur actions (its irrelevant if u r ryt or wrong)..People are dying...as far as i'm concerned una no different from BokoHaram wey dey blow people (directly/indirectly both BH n Lagos doctors r sacrificing lives)

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by tunapawizzy: 12:44am On May 08, 2012
comechop: Reading this thread makes me weep inside. Yes, NL is an online beer parlor like someone said, but still - is this what our fellow Nigerians think of our medical profession? Heart breaking. I've been on the fence about coming back to practice in Nigeria for the longest time, but after reading this ish posted here - to hell with that.

What u see is what people think of doctors..u sitdon 4 wherever dey hope 4 a better Nigeria n u dnt think that will take sacrifice on everybody's part including doctors...if u like no come back..u no be Ben Carson nobody see U
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by allycat: 12:45am On May 08, 2012
I laugh in Chinese, I am one of the sacked doctors and I laugh at those jubilating over the sack of doctors. For your information all those big guns in Alausa have access to the phone numbers of all sacked consultants. So while the common man waits for the newly employed doctors to treat them, the Alausa guys call the consultants and make arrangements to see them privately and are ready to pay through the nose for this service. By the time they fly abroad they have already received the best care possible here cos they have the cash to pay- your cash.
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by seleroms: 12:55am On May 08, 2012
Pride goes before a fall. You are all just ranting and playing with people's live shey? Nemesis will catch up with all of you.
aletheia:
Such a silly question. Next time you fall ill, go and consult a roadside mechanic. It is just such moronic opinions that are egging the LASG on. Let me tell you the next phase: watch as the doctors deploy the "nuclear" option and work becomes grounded in ALL hospitals both state and federal in Lagos; then you will know why doctors earn more all over the world and not just in Nigeria alone.
Re: Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors by seleroms: 12:57am On May 08, 2012
Clap for yourself. So what message have you passed across or what is the aim of this post of yours?
allycat: I laugh in Chinese, I am one of the sacked doctors and I laugh at those jubilating over the sack of doctors. For your information all those big guns in Alausa have access to the phone numbers of all sacked consultants. So while the common man waits for the newly employed doctors to treat them, the Alausa guys call the consultants and make arrangements to see them privately and are ready to pay through the nose for this service. By the time they fly abroad they have already received the best care possible here cos they have the cash to pay- your cash.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Steps To Getting The COVID-19 Vaccine In Lagos, Phase 1 & List Of Those Eligible / Final Year Student Of IMSU Slumps And Dies Few Months To His Graduation(photos) / Yeast Infection: Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.