Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:51 PM

100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! (44503 Views)

Igbo People Are The Hebrews Of The Bible ... 100% Proof / 100% Proof That Religion Is A Sham. MUST READ !!!! / 100% Proof Qur'an Is Not The Word Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by logicboy: 1:00am On May 13, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Well logicboy I think you can guess where this is headed but I'll continue anyway. I'll ask a series of questions, please humor me by answering honestly The aim is not to corner you. Coming back to the issue, If you believe that some people are good, then it follows that some people would be evil. It also suggests that there will be good societies as well as societies that are bad.
Hence is personal/societal evaluation an authentic indicator of good and evil since nearly everyone will justify themselves no matter what they did?
I put it to you that for you to be good, you need a judge apart from yourself who is himself faultless to justify you. Does this make logical sense to you?

Yes good and bad is very subjective.

As human beings, we have evolved and learnt from our past mistakes. We have also learnt from cultures around the world to compare with our cultures. We are getting better in defining good and bad!

There is no absolute good and bad
Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by logicboy: 1:02am On May 13, 2012
Mr_Anony:

If you wouldn't mind could you tell us exactly what it means to be born again. how you got born again and how you came to backslide

Please, look at my lastest thread

https://www.nairaland.com/936542/why-it-sweet-bash-religion
Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by MrAnony1(m): 1:35am On May 13, 2012
logicboy:

Yes good and bad is very subjective.

As human beings, we have evolved and learnt from our past mistakes. We have also learnt from cultures around the world to compare with our cultures. We are getting better in defining good and bad!

There is no absolute good and bad

I disagree, good and evil are not subjective How can we know for sure if we are getting better or worse in defining good and evil if there is no absolute good and evil?
By the way, i have since updated the question I asked earlier. Please read and answer honestly. I have quoted here below:

Mr_Anony:
Well logicboy I think you can guess where this is headed but I'll continue anyway. I'll ask a series of questions, please humor me by answering honestly The aim is not to corner you but to evaluate your "goodness".
Coming back to the issue, If you believe that some people are good, then it follows that some people would be evil. It also suggests that there will be good societies as well as societies that are bad.
Hence is personal/societal evaluation an authentic indicator of good and evil since nearly everyone will justify themselves no matter what they did?
I put it to you that for you to be good, you need a judge apart from yourself who is himself faultless to justify you. Does this make logical sense to you?
If this is true, then I put it to you that the real reason you chose to deny God's existence is because you want to be absolved of all moral responsibility and not because there is no God you just don't want to be held accountable to Him. Hence Psalm 14:1 "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good." (The bible does not lie)

Now to the series of questions I was going to ask.

Have you ever told a lie?
Have you ever stolen anything no matter how little?
Have you ever hated anyone?
Have you ever insulted anyone?
Have you ever had an evil thought?
Have you ever used violence no matter how little?
Have you ever said something bad about someone behind his/her back?
Have you ever lusted for carnal pleasure with someone you are not married to?
Have you ever done anything with the intent of hurting another person no matter how minimal the hurt?

please answer sincerely

Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by MrAnony1(m): 1:51am On May 13, 2012
logicboy:

Please, look at my lastest thread

https://www.nairaland.com/936542/why-it-sweet-bash-religion
Ok first off that question wasn't really meant for you. All the same, I have seen your latest post. I can see you already got a comment from Calloti (a.k.a the blaspheming troll). Lol, you militant atheists have more zeal than some religious fanatics. Anyway I would really want to continue and finish this conversation with you. if you are willing we can chat on skype or yahoo messenger or even have an email discussion since you won't be on NL next week. What say you?
Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by logicboy: 1:51am On May 13, 2012
Mr_Anony:

I disagree, good and evil are not subjective How can we know for sure if we are getting better or worse in defining good and evil if there is no absolute good and evil?
By the way, i have since updated the question I asked earlier. Please read and answer honestly. I have quoted here below:

Good and evil are always subjective. Even the bible tells us to kill withces, gays and people who insult their parents- is that good? Even Jesus was racist to the Canaanite woman. Evolution was a lie and blasphemy when it first came out.

As for your questions. I have almost all the things there. However, I hardly do any of them currently, apart from looking at the opposite sex- I aint married
Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by logicboy: 1:56am On May 13, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Ok first off that question wasn't really meant for you. All the same, I have seen your latest post. I can see you already got a comment from Calloti (a.k.a the blaspheming troll). Lol, you militant atheists have more zeal than some religious fanatics. Anyway I would really want to continue and finish this conversation with you. if you are willing we can chat on skype or yahoo messenger or even have an email discussion since you won't be on NL next week. What say you?

Let's keep it on nairaland for now.

I dont skype or use yahoo messenger (always on Iphone chat). However, will make an exception for you. You seem to want to be converted. Please give me your yahoo ID.....
Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by MrAnony1(m): 2:15am On May 13, 2012
logicboy:

Good and evil are always subjective. Even the bible tells us to kill withces, gays and people who insult their parents- is that good? Even Jesus was racist to the Canaanite woman. Evolution was a lie and blasphemy when it first came out.

As for your questions. I have almost all the things there. However, I hardly do any of them currently, apart from looking at the opposite sex- I aint married
You were once a christian so I guess this won't be hard for you to follow.
So here goes God is a just God is a just God and in God's law, the wages for sin is death. An executioner does not commit murder by killing on behalf of the state. God is also the creator, therefore the created cannot judge God. It's bit like suing the judicial system for a sentence you consider too harsh or unfair. first of all who will judge the judicial system and second by what laws will it be judged? Do you get my drift here? So you see good and evil are not subjective otherwise, what is good and evil subject to?
Concerning the questions I asked you, hey were to evaluate your goodness and by your answer it shows that you are not a good person. you admitted to being a liar, a thief, a hateful,violent person with an evil adulterous mind and a gossip so my friend this makes you a very evil person indeed(this is not to condemn you but to show you the futility of self justification). So if you were standing before a judge what would you say in your defense?
Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by MrAnony1(m): 2:25am On May 13, 2012
here's my yahoo id dibsdadon@yahoo.com unfortunately I don't see a private message option anywhere (when you make the contact request, add a message so I know it's you.
logicboy:

Let's keep it on nairaland for now.

I dont skype or use yahoo messenger (always on Iphone chat). However, will make an exception for you. You seem to want to be converted. Please give me your yahoo ID.....
Lol far from it, I don't wish to be converted. I was once an atheist. God has saved me. I just want to reason with you (are you still interested in having the discussion seeing that you won't convert me to your psuedoreligion? - I once said you were an atheism evangelist, I think I was right. lol)
Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by 2good(m): 6:10am On May 13, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Its very obvious you have not left Africa all your life hence the reason for your narrow minded reasoning. Logicboy don't wate your time discussing with someone who says no Atheist does good yet his god told the jews to kill alot of innocent people, encouraged slavery, commit adultery etc.
Mr Anony is part of the reason why nothing good will come out of that dark continent. The brain is meant for reasoning and not to accept stupid dogmas and end up being stupid yourself. Even Christian scholars admit there are lots errors in the bible.
Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by MrAnony1(m): 7:49am On May 13, 2012
2good:

Its very obvious you have not left Africa all your life hence the reason for your narrow minded reasoning. Logicboy don't wate your time discussing with someone who says no Atheist does good yet his god told the jews to kill alot of innocent people, encouraged slavery, commit adultery etc.
Mr Anony is part of the reason why nothing good will come out of that dark continent. The brain is meant for reasoning and not to accept stupid dogmas and end up being stupid yourself. Even Christian scholars admit there are lots errors in the bible.
You will do well to take the time to read through my discourse with logicboy from the start of this thread before attacking my position. I would rather you pointed out to me the faults in my logic as per this thread rather than launch an attack at my person. The question I asked which you responded to but failed to answer is: "I disagree, good and evil are not subjective How can we know for sure if we are getting better or worse in defining good and evil if there is no absolute good and evil?"
Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by true2god: 8:23am On May 13, 2012
@ Logicboy i like ur resolve and commitment to ur conviction. I hav been readinng the responses on this issue and its quite interestin. Ur level of intellectual reasoning is high, just like many atheist, but that does not nullify the fact that that the supernatural exist. I will not start an argument on this but i am someone who, in one way or the other has experince the power of a supernatural being, though i will not go in details on this. Pple r free to choose what to belive in this modern era of enlightenment and knowledge. Pple might justify lesbianism/gay/atheism/bestiallism/sleepin with horse, that no prob cos it is the extent the world has gone in moral and social decadance. However one must understand that in all that one does, believes or disseminates, account must be given of stewardship. I am not too logical but im very reasonable. Later

2 Likes

Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by 2good(m): 10:56am On May 13, 2012
Mr_Anony:
You will do well to take the time to read through my discourse with logicboy from the start of this thread before attacking my position. I would rather you pointed out to me the faults in my logic as per this thread rather than launch an attack at my person. The question I asked which you responded to but failed to answer is: "I disagree, good and evil are not subjective How can we know for sure if we are getting better or worse in defining good and evil if there is no absolute good and evil?"

Imagine living in an environment where there are Africans, Indians, Arabs, Chinese and Caucasians. You will strongly appreciate the diversity in life and also conclude that culture is more of a brain washing process which we are fed with from birth because the category of people I listed above think differently, have different religion which they hold on strongly, have different tradition believes, have different food culture etc.
Finding yourself in such environment will open your sense of reasoning and make you think of what to do in order to make people live together as a people in peace. Blacks complain of racism of white against them, but the discrimination against Atheist in Nigeria is worst than modern day racism. You make laws that suit your reasoning without thinking if thesame law will be fine with other people reasoning differently from you.
Europe/ America is so diverse in culture that they have studied their environment to know how best to develop their society so that people can live in peace. I might not like the gay concept, but as long as a gay person does not do anything that affect my peace, I have no right to tell them what sexual orientation to have or how to live their life provided they don't go against the law.
Everything in life evolve. According to your bible, the bible god told the Israelite to fight alot of wars and at thesame time gave Moses the 10th commandment one of which is "thou shall not kill". Will you call your god the bible god good for killing so many innocent people? Can you also
Now to your question, I can only answer you if you have travel round the world and see how different cultural practices have influenced how people live and the quality of life they get. There was a period when the whole of Europe was ravaged by war. Then war was a good and legal way of proving your superiority over other nations. There was also a period when slavery was legal and even defended with texts from the bible. But we all know that war is generally disliked and slavery is a war crime so sometimes good or bad can be relative. But there are some basics things in life that are good and bad based on basic laws of nature.
Now here is a question for you: Bill Gate is an Agnostic that have donated billions of dollars to good causes like eradicating Polio from India that used to have the highest Polio infection rate in the world. He also award scholarships to alot of people and help them to achieve what they aspire to be. For your better education, here is the link of his foundation http://www.gatesfoundation.org/Pages/home.aspx
Does Bill gate do good?

1 Like

Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by MrAnony1(m): 1:13pm On May 13, 2012
2good:

Imagine living in an environment where there are Africans, Indians, Arabs, Chinese and Caucasians. You will strongly appreciate the diversity in life and also conclude that culture is more of a brain washing process which we are fed with from birth because the category of people I listed above think differently, have different religion which they hold on strongly, have different tradition believes, have different food culture etc.

Incidentally I live in London which is as multicultural as it gets.

2good: Finding yourself in such environment will open your sense of reasoning and make you think of what to do in order to make people live together as a people in peace. Blacks complain of racism of white against them, but the discrimination against Atheist in Nigeria is worst than modern day racism. You make laws that suit your reasoning without thinking if thesame law will be fine with other people reasoning differently from you.

I do not make any laws. All I ask is to challenge what the law defines as good and evil seeing that laws vary. By the way atheists in Nigeria are not discriminated against, they are not imprisoned, denied job opportunities, or persecuted by the Nigerian society, at best an atheist in Nigeria is ridiculed as they make fun of theists in return. Incidentally it is usually the atheist who incites hostilities by bashing religion. No one can ever be coerced into becoming a christian in the true sense of the word. Do not play the victim card here.

2good: Europe/ America is so diverse in culture that they have studied their environment to know how best to develop their society so that people can live in peace. I might not like the gay concept, but as long as a gay person does not do anything that affect my peace, I have no right to tell them what sexual orientation to have or how to live their life provided they don't go against the law.
Everything in life evolve. According to your bible, the bible god told the Israelite to fight alot of wars and at thesame time gave Moses the 10th commandment one of which is "thou shall not kill". Will you call your god the bible god good for killing so many innocent people? Can you also

I'll give you an analogy; murder is a crime by UK law and yet the Government sends soldiers out to murder people in the name of war. These soldiers do not commit a crime because they kill on behalf of the state. If you follow it in context you would understand it thus: God is a judge and the payment for sin is death. The Israelites in this case are merely executioners carrying out God's sentence hence they do not sin in this instance. There are also times when God sends other nations to kill the Israelites as punishment when they sinned.

2good: Now to your question, I can only answer you if you have travel round the world and see how different cultural practices have influenced how people live and the quality of life they get. There was a period when the whole of Europe was ravaged by war. Then war was a good and legal way of proving your superiority over other nations. There was also a period when slavery was legal and even defended with texts from the bible. But we all know that war is generally disliked and slavery is a war crime so sometimes good or bad can be relative. But there are some basics things in life that are good and bad based on basic laws of nature.

Incidentally I consider myself to be quite traveled but that aside, You say war was good at some point (please at what point was this?) do you mean to say that people who hand lost relatives and limbs in those days when asked about war would say "Oh this is fantastic! I can't wait for the next war"? (sarcasm just in case you missed it)
As for slavery, in the bible, this is the Chistian stance on slavery, gender equality and racism/tribalism. "For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:26-28 (NKJV)(mind you this was written about 2000 years ago) you see as I have been saying, "legal" and "good" are not always the same thing.

2good: Now here is a question for you: Bill Gate is an Agnostic that have donated billions of dollars to good causes like eradicating Polio from India that used to have the highest Polio infection rate in the world. He also award scholarships to alot of people and help them to achieve what they aspire to be. For your better education, here is the link of his foundation http://www.gatesfoundation.org/Pages/home.aspx
Does Bill gate do good?

Answer: does bill gates do good by giving away money? Yes, Definitely! Is Bill Gates a good person because he gives away money? No! its like saying that some of the politicians are good because they are philanthropists even though they also steal Nigeria's money and some have killed people for rituals as well as political opponents.

The points I've been trying to make are thus
1. Legality is not a valid indicator of good and evil
2. There are moral absolutes
3. All it takes is one crime to make someone a criminal, one sin to make someone a sinner. You are not acquitted because your "good outweighs your bad"

2 Likes

Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by 2good(m): 1:17pm On May 13, 2012
Mr_Anony:

I do not make any laws. All I ask is to challenge what the law defines as good and evil seeing that laws vary. By the way atheists in Nigeria are not discriminated against, they are not imprisoned, denied job opportunities, or persecuted by the Nigerian society, at best an atheist in Nigeria is ridiculed as they make fun of theists in return. Incidentally it is usually the atheist who incites hostilities by bashing religion. No one can ever be coerced into becoming a christian in the true sense of the word. Do not play the victim card here.

Europe/ America is so diverse in culture that they have studied their environment to know how best to develop their society so that people can live in peace. I might not like the gay concept, but as long as a gay person does not do anything that affect my peace, I have no right to tell them what sexual orientation to have or how to live their life provided they don't go against the law.
I'll give you an analogy; murder is a crime by UK law and yet the Government sends soldiers out to murder people in the name of war. These soldiers do not commit a crime because they kill on behalf of the state. If you follow it in context you would understand it thus: God is a judge and the payment for sin is death. The Israelites in this case are merely executioners carrying out God's sentence hence they do not sin in this instance. There are also times when God sends other nations to kill the Israelites as punishment when they sinned.

Now to your question, I can only answer you if you have travel round the world and see how different cultural practices have influenced how people live and the quality of life they get. There was a period when the whole of Europe was ravaged by war. Then war was a good and legal way of proving your superiority over other nations. There was also a period when slavery was legal and even defended with texts from the bible. But we all know that war is generally disliked and slavery is a war crime so sometimes good or bad can be relative. But there are some basics things in life that are good and bad based on basic laws of nature.

Incidentally I consider myself to be quite traveled that aside, You say war was good at some point (please at what point was this?) do you mean to say that people who hand lost relatives and limbs in those days when asked about war would say "Oh this is fantastic! I can't wait for the next war"? (sarcasm just in case you missed it) As for slavery, in the bible, this is the Chistian stance on slavery, gender equality and racism/tribalism. "For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:26-28 (NKJV)(mind you this was written about 2000 years ago) you see as I have been saying, "legal" and "good" are not always the same thing.

Now here is a question for you: Bill Gate is an Agnostic that have donated billions of dollars to good causes like eradicating Polio from India that used to have the highest Polio infection rate in the world. He also award scholarships to alot of people and help them to achieve what they aspire to be. For your better education, here is the link of his foundation http://www.gatesfoundation.org/Pages/home.aspx
Does Bill gate do good?

Answer: does bill gates do good by giving away money? Yes, Definitely! [/i]Is Bill Gates a good person because he gives away money? No! [i]its like saying that some of the politicians are good because they are philanthropists even though they also steal Nigeria's money and some have killed people for rituals as well as political opponents.

The point I've been trying to make is 1. Legality is not a valid indicator of good and evil 2. There are moral absolutes 3. All it takes is one crime to make someone a criminal, one sin to make someone a sinner. You are not acquitted because your "good outweighs your bad"

I never said war is good. I only said war used to be good but man have evolve over time to condemn it, so don't quote me wrong.
If you agree that Bill Gate who is an Agnostic do good by giving out money, then Logicboy is absolutely 100% correct because your bible said no non believer does good, so what point are you trying to prove? Whether he's a good person or not is not what we are discussing and if you want to discuss that, open a new tread.
Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by logicboy: 1:28pm On May 13, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Answer: does bill gates do good by giving away money? Yes, Definitely! Is Bill Gates a good person because he gives away money? No! its like saying that some of the politicians are good because they are philanthropists even though they also steal Nigeria's money and some have killed people for rituals as well as political opponents.

The points I've been trying to make are thus
1. Legality is not a valid indicator of good and evil
2. There are moral absolutes
3. All it takes is one crime to make someone a criminal, one sin to make someone a sinner. You are not acquitted because your "good outweighs your bad"

Your point number 1 destroys the notion that the bible is a valid inidcator of good and evil. What is the bible if not a book of laws on how you should live your life (according to some god)?

There are no moral absolutes. Morality is subjective. Even the christians who claim to be holy can not agree on morality.
Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by MrAnony1(m): 1:32pm On May 13, 2012
2good:

I never said war is good. I only said war used to be good so don't quote me wrong. There is nothing to discuss with someone like you again from your response because you see the truth and look the other side. i'm out..
Please read that post again my friend, I quoted you exactly as you stated. I have tried to reason with you, please show me the flaws in my argument. I would have asked you what is truth? but you are out.......too bad. All the same, consider what we've talked about, think seriously about it and I pray you make the right decision. Goodbye for now.
Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by 2good(m): 1:52pm On May 13, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Please read that post again my friend, I quoted you exactly as you stated. I have tried to reason with you, please show me the flaws in my argument. I would have asked you what is truth? but you are out.......too bad. All the same, consider what we've talked about, think seriously about it and I pray you make the right decision. Goodbye for now.

I didn't read your response properly before I made the last post. You asked a very good question which is "what is the truth ?". Let me throw the question back and ask you why you think Christian doctrine is the truth when you have other religious dogma like Islam, Buddhism, Ayyavazhi, Bhakti Movement, Hinduism, Confucianism, Shinto, Taoism etc. Bible is just one of the religious books out there so what proof do you have that it is the truth of all the different sects?
Also sorry for any insult because your responses have been very matured!

1 Like

Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by MrAnony1(m): 2:25pm On May 13, 2012
Hey logicboy good to see you again today. By the way is your yahoo id pavlovwfz195?
logicboy:

Your point number 1 destroys the notion that the bible is a valid inidcator of good and evil. What is the bible if not a book of laws on how you should live your life (according to some god)?

The bible is not a book of laws I will treat that as we continue first let me quote 2good so I can answer both your questions together.

logicboy: There are no moral absolutes. Morality is subjective. Even the christians who claim to be holy can not agree on morality.

The fact that some Christians who claim to be holy cannot agree on morality does not make it subjective. (You of all people should know this)

2good:

I never said war is good. I only said war used to be good but man have evolve over time to condemn it, so don't quote me wrong.
If you agree that Bill Gate who is an Agnostic do good by giving out money, then Logicboy is absolutely 100% correct because your bible said no non believer does good, so what point are you trying to prove? Whether he's a good person or not is not what we are discussing and if you want to discuss that, open a new tread.

God judges the heart and before the actions and the bible says in Jeremaih 17:9 "The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?" If someones heart is evil, how can he do truly good? Psalm 14:1 still stands

Ok, as I was saying. Logiboy, I believe you know that the bible contains an old covenant and a new covenant. The old covenant talks about God's law. God has written this law in our hearts what we know as conscience which means with knowledge (Jeremaih 31:33), Judging strictly by God's law, everyone would be condemned and deserving of death (Romans 6:23). There is only one person who is good and that is God. Everyone else is a sinner (Mark 10:18)(Romans 3:23) However, remember that God is just and He is merciful so He gave His Son Jesus Christ who was faultless to be sacrificed for man's sins. According to old testament law a physically faultless lamb would be sacrificed in atonement for sin. By reason of this, God can legally justify us. Because our sin has been paid for. Refusing to accept this sacrifice is like saying "Thanks for your effort, Jesus but I'd rather bear my sins myself" therefore God can legally condemn you because your sin is still unpaid for. (John 3: 16-18) This is the message of the bible.

Disclaimer: please ignore the smileys, I don't know where they came from

1 Like

Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by MrAnony1(m): 2:42pm On May 13, 2012
2good:

I didn't read your response properly before I made the last post. You asked a very good question which is "what is the truth ?". Let me throw the question back and ask you why you think Christian doctrine is the truth when you have other religious dogma like Islam, Buddhism, Ayyavazhi, Bhakti Movement, Hinduism, Confucianism, Shinto, Taoism etc. Bible is just one of the religious books out there so what proof do you have that it is the truth of all the different sects?
Also sorry for any insult because your responses have been very matured!

First of all you first accused me of walking away from the truth which implies that you must know the truth that I am turning away from. However,
Do you agree that there can only be one truth amongst multiple stories i.e. if there are many accounts, one must be true and others false?
Do you agree that the only way to know the truth is by trying it?

1 Like

Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by 2good(m): 3:06pm On May 13, 2012
Mr_Anony:

First of all you first accused me of walking away from the truth which implies that you must know the truth that I am turning away from. However,
Do you agree that there can only be one truth amongst multiple stories i.e. if there are many accounts, one must be true and others false?
Do you agree that the only way to know the truth is by trying it?

(Scenario 1)There can be thousands of stories that are false simply because they were generated by people with no true understanding of the subject matter they are trying to analyse and in the process coming up with stories with no objectivity in them. As someone with a strong science background, I believe hypothesis if they have some level of objectivity in them and theories if there is a proof. So I do not agree with your question universally. (Scenario 2)Sometimes you can have several stories on a subject matter with one being the truth of all the stories. How are you sure your story doesn't fall under Scenario 1 or Scenario 2?
Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by MrAnony1(m): 3:17pm On May 13, 2012
2good:

(Scenario 1)There can be thousands of stories that are false simply because they were generated by people with no true understanding of the subject matter they are trying to analyse and in the process coming up with stories with no objectivity in them. As someone with a strong science background, I believe hypothesis if they have some level of objectivity in them and theories if there is a proof. So I do not agree with your question universally. (Scenario 2)Sometimes you can have several stories on a subject matter with one being the truth of all the stories. How are you sure your story doesn't fall under Scenario 1 or Scenario 2?

What I was trying to get from you was this; is there only one truth? yes or no.
For every phenomenon, there can only be one true explanation of what it really is. i.e. the truth is not multiple. true or false?

Please after you have answered these, tell me the "truth" you said I was turning away from.

1 Like

Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by MrAnony1(m): 10:32pm On May 17, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Ok, as I was saying. Logiboy, I believe you know that the bible contains an old covenant and a new covenant. The old covenant talks about God's law. God has written this law in our hearts what we know as conscience which means with knowledge (Jeremaih 31:33), Judging strictly by God's law, everyone would be condemned and deserving of death (Romans 6:23). There is only one person who is good and that is God. Everyone else is a sinner (Mark 10:18)(Romans 3:23) However, remember that God is just and He is merciful so He gave His Son Jesus Christ who was faultless to be sacrificed for man's sins. According to old testament law a physically faultless lamb would be sacrificed in atonement for sin. By reason of this, God can legally justify us. Because our sin has been paid for. Refusing to accept this sacrifice is like saying "Thanks for your effort, Jesus but I'd rather bear my sins myself" therefore God can legally condemn you because your sin is still unpaid for. (John 3: 16-18) This is the message of the bible.

Hey logicboy. Was this the christianity you practiced for 22 years before turning to Atheism? Were you ever born again?

1 Like

Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by logicboy: 10:36pm On May 17, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Hey logicboy. Was this the christianity you practiced for 22 years before turning to Atheism? Were you ever born again?

I was a catholic for 22 years. What is this born again? I was baptised and I accepted that Jesus is lord. End of story.

I am an atheist now. You are in no position to question my christianity n the past. I myself can say that you're not born again and that your church is not the true church of God
Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by MrAnony1(m): 9:06pm On May 18, 2012
I was only asking to find out if you truly understood christianity.
logicboy:

I was a catholic for 22 years. What is this born again? I was baptised and I accepted that Jesus is lord. End of story.

I am an atheist now. You are in no position to question my christianity n the past. I myself can say that you're not born again and that your church is not the true church of God
Of course I can question your past Christianity. Of course you can say I'm not born-again but that wouldn't make it true or untrue now, would it?

What was the nature of your baptism? When were you baptized? When did you accept Jesus as lord?

If you are 24 now and was a christian for 22 years of your life, are you implying that you were a christian from the time you were an infant?

What made you deny God?

1 Like

Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by logicboy: 10:15pm On May 18, 2012
Mr_Anony: I was only asking to find out if you truly understood christianity.

Of course I can question your past Christianity. Of course you can say I'm not born-again but that wouldn't make it true or untrue now, would it?

What was the nature of your baptism? When were you baptized? When did you accept Jesus as lord?

If you are 24 now and was a christian for 22 years of your life, are you implying that you were a christian from the time you were an infant?

What made you deny God?

The 22 years is figuratively speaking. Everyone is born an atheist.

Anyway, enough about my personal life. I was a christian. End of story!
Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by rhymz(m): 10:39pm On May 18, 2012
Mr Anony
I realy will love to engage you here on NL if you have got the time. I am not an atheist myself but lately I have had many reasons to doubt the authenticity of Christianity giving the very many inconsistencies that one finds in the bible and passages and the claims of the writers especially those of Paul that can't be substantiated.
Christianity today is cash and carry and that to me has left me bewildered and hateful of so many nonesense that is preached in churches today. Seriously, if a lot of christians will be bold enough to read about the history of the church, a lot of us will end up having doubts about what we have hitherto known as the truth.
Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread but I will need your opinion on this thread, it is very revelational and thought provoking.
www.nairaland.com/933240/bomb-shell-how-paul-distorted
www.nairaland.com/933277/bombshell-pt2-how-paul-distorted

1 Like

Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by 2good(m): 11:02pm On May 18, 2012
rhymz: Mr Anony
I realy will love to engage you here on NL if you have got the time. I am not an atheist myself but lately I have had many reasons to doubt the authenticity of Christianity giving the very many inconsistencies that one finds in the bible and passages and the claims of the writers especially those of Paul that can't be substantiated.
Christianity today is cash and carry and that to me has left me bewildered and hateful of so many nonesense that is preached in churches today. Seriously, if a lot of christians will be bold enough to read about the history of the church, a lot of us will end up having doubts about what we have hitherto known as the truth.
Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread but I will need your opinion on this thread, it is very revelational and thought provoking.

Just stick around Nairaland and you would soon become an Atheist/ Agnostic because you are already in the right part by questioning the status quo. Religion is a fraud and the biggest disease that ever plagued mankind.
Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by MrAnony1(m): 2:25pm On May 19, 2012
2good:

Just stick around Nairaland and you would soon become an Atheist/ Agnostic because you are already in the right part by questioning the status quo. Religion is a fraud and the biggest disease that ever plagued mankind.

.....Once again evangelist 2good points "mankind" to his infamous "right path".
Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by MrAnony1(m): 2:42pm On May 19, 2012
rhymz: Mr Anony

I have had a look at your post but I must confess I haven't taken the time to read through it yet. You will eventually hear my thoughts (maybe not as soon as you might expect) but first what I am more interested in is whether you will be willing to discuss with an open mind and accept the possibility that you just might be mistaken and also that I do not have all the answers answers as well. If you agree to these terms then we can have dialogue otherwise our discourse will be futile as each of will stubbornly hold onto our ego and not make any progress. Do you agree?
Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by MrAnony1(m): 2:57pm On May 19, 2012
logicboy:

The 22 years is figuratively speaking. Everyone is born an atheist.

Anyway, enough about my personal life. I was a christian. End of story!

Funny enough, I have been reading through the thread and it occurred to me that I have brought up this question before. Anyway enough with questions about your "personal life"
I think we have sufficiently thrashed this issue. The topic "100% proof that the bible lies" has been shown as false. Since you have failed to show me a better moral guide than God, I can only conclude that: Nobody Is Good Without God.
It has been a pleasure discussing with you. Thanks and goodbye for now.
Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by rhymz(m): 4:24pm On May 19, 2012
Mr_Anony:

I have had a look at your post but I must confess I haven't taken the time to read through it yet. You will eventually hear my thoughts (maybe not as soon as you might expect) but first what I am more interested in is whether you will be willing to discuss with an open mind and accept the possibility that you just might be mistaken and also that I do not have all the answers answers as well. If you agree to these terms then we can have dialogue otherwise our discourse will be futile as each of will stubbornly hold onto our ego and not make any progress. Do you agree?
of course na..... The both of us will ve to show openness
Re: 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! by logicboy: 11:09pm On May 19, 2012
Mr_Anony:

You have no idea what it is to be a hardcore catholic. I never missed sunday mass for years. To question if I was a christian is quite insulting especially if you are not a catholic.

I'm an atheist now and no going back.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Kicked Out Of Anglican Church In Warri For 'Not Paying Tithe, Dressing Well' / Prophet Fufeyin's Saga With Crippled Lady Takes New Turn, Reveals Facts Against / 21 Churches Destroyed, Burnt In Pakistan Over Blasphemy Under 2 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.