Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,082 members, 7,814,746 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Is There A Possibility To Catholic Vs Muslim Peaceful Union? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There A Possibility To Catholic Vs Muslim Peaceful Union? (737 Views)

Dwarf Couple Wed In Ebonyi At Catholic Church (Photos) / 8 Signs Your Union Might Not Last / Transition From Friend-zone TO Love-zone Is A POSSIBILITY! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Possibility To Catholic Vs Muslim Peaceful Union? by maaama: 7:36pm On May 07, 2012
I am in my mid 20's I met d most amazing guy during my service year and we have been dating for 2yrs and 3months. Btw when I say amazing he is respectful,kind,very helpful(even with housechores),intelligent,always ready to help even when u call him up at midnight, listens to everything I have to say, tolerates my madness and good looking but he's very messy and scattered. The problem is he is muslim and am catholic.His parents are in love with me and my mom loves him but he is having issues with having our kids baptized if we get married and that's a condition to fufil in d catholic church. I have fears that I can't place my fingers on. As much as I don't mind my future kids having muslim names I want them to know and understand my faith then decide when they become adults and above all this is d happiest I v been in a relationship but am aware that rship is different from marraige so pls I need ur candid advice
Re: Is There A Possibility To Catholic Vs Muslim Peaceful Union? by luckgames(m): 7:38pm On May 07, 2012
GO GET HEADACHE
BE REAL
Re: Is There A Possibility To Catholic Vs Muslim Peaceful Union? by Dyt(f): 7:44pm On May 07, 2012
Religion/Tribe/Nationality or wat so eva shldnt determine d happiness of couples
Re: Is There A Possibility To Catholic Vs Muslim Peaceful Union? by luckgames(m): 7:55pm On May 07, 2012
Dyt: Religion/Tribe/Nationality or wat so eva shldnt determine d happiness of couples

Agreed but you know your people
Re: Is There A Possibility To Catholic Vs Muslim Peaceful Union? by Killz3(m): 7:58pm On May 07, 2012
NO! It's just the fact. Sentiments aside pls. Forget all that Love can do this and that when it comes to inter religious marriages. If it's inter tribal, i will listen to you, but this? Fcck NO!
Re: Is There A Possibility To Catholic Vs Muslim Peaceful Union? by Dyt(f): 8:16pm On May 07, 2012
luckgames:

Agreed but you know your people

I m a muslim yh bt d man I wanna marry is a xtain
We r happy, he doesn't mind
So wat r we talkin
Its individuality

A frnd of mine married a jehova witness
She performs her salat and he goes 2 his church
Re: Is There A Possibility To Catholic Vs Muslim Peaceful Union? by luckgames(m): 8:37pm On May 07, 2012
Dyt:

I m a muslim yh bt d man I wanna marry is a xtain
We r happy, he doesn't mind
So wat r we talkin
Its individuality

A frnd of mine married a jehova witness
She performs her salat and he goes 2 his church

How is your family taking this relationship
It is little better if the woman is a muslim than the man
Re: Is There A Possibility To Catholic Vs Muslim Peaceful Union? by Dyt(f): 8:42pm On May 07, 2012
My mum is a xtain
Aside dat, all mum wants is me bein happy
No mata d tribe/nationality/religion
Re: Is There A Possibility To Catholic Vs Muslim Peaceful Union? by mykejones(m): 8:47pm On May 07, 2012
Using sentiments in answering this,my adivce would be: 4get d damn relatnshp and marry frm ur faith!
But using logic,i'l say,jus do wat u tink is best for U. And in sayin that,i'l xpect u 2 consider al the parties involved: Both of ur families,even down to the unborn babies u guys wld have 2 geda.
Gudluck..and i hope wateva u choose 2do eventually works out wel for u.
Re: Is There A Possibility To Catholic Vs Muslim Peaceful Union? by Konnektions146(m): 9:12pm On May 07, 2012
i once watched a nigerian home movie withh ds kinda scenario.....de love may just be dere no doubt but wen de kids start comin, things would start changing.

as we all know, kidss tend to cling more to de mothers at a tender age and de man may not just fathom and swallow dis so well and thats gonna be de genesis of de issues arising from dis.

are yu ready for de challenges dat may arise??

1 Like

Re: Is There A Possibility To Catholic Vs Muslim Peaceful Union? by Exponental(m): 11:19pm On May 07, 2012
u cant eat ur cake n av it.......u guys shld agree n sacrifice.
Re: Is There A Possibility To Catholic Vs Muslim Peaceful Union? by slimyem: 11:49pm On May 07, 2012
i've seen people do it and have it work for them.
Infact i know of a female colleague who is a devoted celestial member while her husband is a staunch muslim!
They've been married two years with a kid and no qualms so far!
Its all lies in the understanding and maturity of both parties!
But religion is not something i'd take with a pinch when it bothers around marital issues.
Its remains your choice!
Yours alone!
Re: Is There A Possibility To Catholic Vs Muslim Peaceful Union? by cantell(m): 11:54pm On May 07, 2012
slimyem: i've seen people do it and have it work for them.
Infact i know of a female colleague who is a devoted celestial member while her husband is a staunch muslim!
They've been married two years with a kid and no qualms so far!
Its all lies in the understanding and maturity of both parties!
But religion is not something i'd take with a pinch when it bothers around marital issues.
Its remains your choice!
Yours alone!
Nah. It works for mostly yorubas. They have high tolerance for choice in religion.
But as for Igbo people, that'll be the day!
Re: Is There A Possibility To Catholic Vs Muslim Peaceful Union? by slimyem: 12:02am On May 08, 2012
cantell:
Nah. It works for mostly yorubas. They have high tolerance for choice in religion.
But as for Igbo people, that'll be the day!
probably!
Not sure!
Both partners in this case are yorubas though..
Re: Is There A Possibility To Catholic Vs Muslim Peaceful Union? by cantell(m): 12:08am On May 08, 2012
^^i thought as much.
Re: Is There A Possibility To Catholic Vs Muslim Peaceful Union? by AZeD1(m): 11:04am On May 08, 2012
The choice is yours and your bf's to make. The kids can be baptized when they grow up.

(1) (Reply)

Serial Dating..... / Hrt Breaking Lie Ever Told To You / How Did You Do/behave When You First Meet Your Partner Parent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.