Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

Lagos: ‘why Doctors Were Fired’. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos: ‘why Doctors Were Fired’. (2724 Views)

Robert Mugabe Claims Nigerian Witch Doctors Were Hired To Kill Him / People Think That Tinubu 'Rules' Lagos: Why? / The Real Reasons The Service Chiefs Were Fired! Real Intel From The Isrealis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos: ‘why Doctors Were Fired’. by phantom(m): 11:33am On May 13, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Are you not tired of peddling thesame lies over and over? For your info, the replacement process is very fast and many doctors are now attending to patients. The wicked must be put to shame. DoctorHaram!!

grin...no be PH you dey,so how you take come know wetin dey happen for lagos?? grin
Re: Lagos: ‘why Doctors Were Fired’. by Rhino5dm: 12:34pm On May 13, 2012
PH? I dey enter on wednesday, after going to Lag on tuesday. Me, I dey my villa for now.

But, come o, bros why una doctors dey wicked like dis? Haba, dat thing wey una dey do no good oo. God go fit judge una oooo.

Everytime doctor this, doctors that? Wetin dey pain me pass, say una go, go hide for una private hospitals dey collect money leave patient to die or kukuma dey send patient from government hospital to una private clinics and to dey charge dem very high price.

Anyways, I shall be in PH this week. . .e don tey wey i don knack fresh and clean akpako cool. I no like these village girls, dem wahala too much. cool.

phantom:
grin...no be PH you dey,so how you take come know wetin dey happen for lagos?? grin
Re: Lagos: ‘why Doctors Were Fired’. by phantom(m): 1:23pm On May 13, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
PH? I dey enter on wednesday, after going to Lag on tuesday. Me, I dey my villa for now.

But, come o, bros why una doctors dey wicked like dis? Haba, dat thing wey una dey do no good oo. God go fit judge una oooo.

Everytime doctor this, doctors that? Wetin dey pain me pass, say una go, go hide for una private hospitals dey collect money leave patient to die or kukuma dey send patient from government hospital to una private clinics and to dey charge dem very high price.

Anyways, I shall be in PH this week. . .e don tey wey i don knack fresh and clean akpako cool. I no like these village girls, dem wahala too much. cool.

but you dey talk like say you no understand wetin dey happen.agreement wey dem sign since 2009 government never implement.na im make docs dey strike.but fashola and co dey make am look like say anytime dem strike dem dey ask for FRESH money meanwhile na one issue dem dey strike for.is it fair??as far as i dey concerned,the govt is being WICKED to them walahi.una dey talk like say doctor dey go different market go buy food or dey send im pikin to different school.
if i come your school tell you say make you teach my pikin,but i no go pay you becos i be doctor,no be gun you go use pursue me comot??abeg make we reason.
meanwhile PH babes na dangerous akpako o!!!careful o!if you contact anything you dey OYO o!!especiall these days wey docs don become endangered species o!!no body go treat you o!!! grin grin
Re: Lagos: ‘why Doctors Were Fired’. by Rhino5dm: 1:31pm On May 13, 2012
Okay nah, lets hope the issues are resolved.

@ Bold.
No shaking, tested & trusted since 1782. cool . I no dey allow spiritual conji hold me.

phantom:
but you dey talk like say you no understand wetin dey happen.agreement wey dem sign since 2009 government never implement.na im make docs dey strike.but fashola and co dey make am look like say anytime dem strike dem dey ask for FRESH money meanwhile na one issue dem dey strike for.is it fair??as far as i dey concerned,the govt is being WICKED to them walahi.una dey talk like say doctor dey go different market go buy food or dey send im pikin to different school.
if i come your school tell you say make you teach my pikin,but i no go pay you becos i be doctor,no be gun you go use pursue me comot??abeg make we reason.
meanwhile PH babes na dangerous akpako o!!!careful o!if you contact anything you dey OYO o!!especiall these days wey docs don become endangered species o!!no body go treat you o!!! grin grin
Re: Lagos: ‘why Doctors Were Fired’. by mikolo80: 9:19pm On May 13, 2012
ekt_bear: I've never understood why in a country like Nigeria where unemployment is so high, labor has ever felt like it has the upper hand.

And as much as doctors may want to think otherwise, they are labor like everyone else.

Replaceable.
I TINK SAY NA ONLY ME DE WONDER.MAKE DEM GO BUILD DIA OWN HOSPITAL IF E EASY
Re: Lagos: ‘why Doctors Were Fired’. by mikolo80: 9:21pm On May 13, 2012
Kay 17: that would be tyranny! Police should allowed under stringent rules to strike for better pay and conditions. Its no wonder its in this state.
IF YOU DONT LIKE A JOB YOU LEAVE WEN THE JOB NEED WORKERS THEY PAY BETTERSIMPLE DEMAND AND SUPPLY
Re: Lagos: ‘why Doctors Were Fired’. by Mynd44: 2:27am On May 14, 2012
phantom:
grin grin...its lagosians that will suffer...not the doctors...make no mistake about it!
Well the latest scores says the doctors are now jobless and will soon be thrown out of their homes. You still want to stick to your view?
Re: Lagos: ‘why Doctors Were Fired’. by allycat: 9:59am On May 16, 2012
All u guys so happy about the sack and eviction of doctors, hip hip hurray for you. No doctor can ever starve, they may go through hard times for a while but there will always be a demand for them somewhere. Some may relocate to other sates, some may move into the private sector, a few may go abroad. Those who were already into private practice will just face their practice. This is a wake up call for doctors as far as I am concerned, we should all prepare ourselves for any eventuality.
In 2007 the military unceremoniously retired so many members of their medical corps, doctors many of whom were consultants. One who was a personal friend was crying cos he never expected it and didn't even have money to pay rent for himself. Being a military man PP wasn't allowed and he didn't have any other source of income. Thank God for his wife they werevable to tide over the bad times. Now he has a thriving practice in Abulja and the kind of equipment the military hospitals will not have in the next decade. Meanwhile the same military that retired him now pays him to operate on their senior officers. One surgery costs them over 3 x what they would be paying him as a monthly salary. You know who is suffering, those junior officers and soldiers whom he was treating at no extra cost to them. All the big ogas anywhere in the country are flown tomsee him.
The same thing will happen here. All those in government when they have problems will use government money and pay to see the same doctors they have sacked nd government will pay. While those who would have gotten relatively inexpensive care will languish.
Anyway let's pop some champagne the doctors have been sacked and evicted, hip hip hip hurray!
Re: Lagos: ‘why Doctors Were Fired’. by ngak: 11:19am On May 16, 2012
The rumor mills are spinning. Apparently plans are being put in place to privatise Lagos health sector....if that is the truth then no more cheap healthcare for Lagosians............Fashola is working.........lagos is spending..........then one will have to pay the nonsense striking drs our cash as they will be cheaper in their so called private hospitals......that my friends would be the definition of IRONY
Re: Lagos: ‘why Doctors Were Fired’. by allycat: 11:53am On May 16, 2012
ngak: The rumor mills are spinning. Apparently plans are being put in place to privatise Lagos health sector....if that is the truth then no more cheap healthcare for Lagosians............Fashola is working.........lagos is spending..........then one will have to pay the nonsense striking drs our cash as they will be cheaper in their so called private hospitals......that my friends would be the definition of IRONY
Wait oh who do you think will man the privatised hospitals, oyibos. I laugh in Chinese. It's the same doctors sacked now that will be employed on a private basis especially the experienced hands and guess what, they will be paid more than they are asking for now. No foreign doctor will come and work in Naija for what they pay Nigerian doctors. One their salaries will be higher and in dollars, they will require standard accommodation in secure locations ie VI, Ikoyi and other perks like cars and drivers which government would never give a Nigerian Prof of 35 years. So in the end some of the sacked doctors will be better of even in this Lagos state working in the privatised sector.
And please don't patronize Nigerian doctors since you hate us that much. Some Indians have set up a hospital in Abuja go there , there are also hospitals in Lagos like one st Francis run by foreigners, I am sure they would not drive you if you go there. Just get rue cash ready.
Re: Lagos: ‘why Doctors Were Fired’. by aletheia(m): 12:53pm On May 16, 2012
allycat:
Some Indians have set up a hospital in Abuja go there.

Wouldn't advise my closest relations to go there. Those guys are mismanaging Nigerians and ripping them off. After giving the Indians their money, they still end up coming back to Nigerian-run hospitals where we salvage their mess.

See an example here
Re: Lagos: ‘why Doctors Were Fired’. by Akanbiedu(m): 5:06pm On May 16, 2012
God knows I hate labour unions.

Kudos to Fashola for this decision, even though it's unpopular. This is the kind of decision that changed University of Ilorin for good.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians, Nothing Is Working!! I Pray For A Military Coup! / Offa Election: KWASIEC Upturns APC Victory, Says PDP Wins / Why Engr Musiwa accepted to be the leader of the govt of Western Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.