Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... (28567 Views)

Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) / Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by jason123: 6:53pm On Jun 10, 2012
Onlytruth: To all other readers.

We DO NOT believe in the superiority of Igbo over any other tribe in Nigeria.
We simply believe in equal opportunity, justice, peace and progress.
The near lack of the above, and the "victor" mentality is part of the greatest problem facing Nigeria.
Without justice, there is NO WAY NIGERIA CAN SURVIVE.
Simple truth.

So, please ignore those who hate themselves and somehow can't admit it in public.
That I want peace and progress for MY PEOPLE does not mean I hate others.

That is a lie and you know it!
We all know what you stand for on this forum!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by jason123: 6:53pm On Jun 10, 2012
Gathering of Igbo supremacist! sad sad sad
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 10, 2012
Nas

Only talking with winners
A loser or two Got my number
Still they think they real
But they just really awfully bitter
Salty niggaz
Hate the smarter ones
These are the doubters
Who s our 'bout my run

You have to Keep your vision clear
Cause only a coward lives in fear
My surroundings Got only real powerful niggaz here
Real men we have a code of ethics
No question
No jealousies
No feminine tendencies
We expecting No gossip
No phony logic

cool cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by odumchi: 7:01pm On Jun 10, 2012
This is the reason why we should be conducting things like this in the Igbo language. It would save us all of this hapless confusion.

Kedu ka ihe a si agbasa ndi awụghi ndi Igbo? Unu na atụpụkwara ha onu make otụtụ ha chọrọ iseda anyi. Ihe a dum bucha ihe na adachi oganiru.

Ihe mbu m chọrọ igwa unu bu ka anyi were ya nwayọ na ebe ndi ifè nọ. Anyi ekwesighi iga alusi ha ọgu ma obukwan ikọ ha onu maka ihe a dum na emebi ọdidi anyi na iru ndi nmadu. Anyi achọghi ka ndi ife lee anyi anya si na anyi di iberibe. Unu biko jiri ya nwayọ hapu ha aka ka ha kwuọ ihe ọbula ha chọrọ.

E kwuo mu ọgwu.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by odumchi: 7:09pm On Jun 10, 2012
The thing that baffles me is why this why we are wasting time and energy attemtping to combat individuals who are evidently seeking our ruin.

Seriously, when did this place become an open market for uninvolved people to openly come and field their opinions and input? This place is an Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office (as the title clearly says) and is meant as a place where the Igbo congregate to discuss issues and seek solutions aided by the use of the Igbo language.

I didn't see any invitations for advisors or critics, so why then are we wasting our time abusing others, arguing over apologies, and fueling the flames of the destruction of the integrity of this place?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 10, 2012
odumchi: This is the reason why we should be conducting things like this in the Igbo language. It would save us all of this hapless confusion.

Kedu ka ihe a si agbasa ndi awụghi ndi Igbo? Unu na atụpụkwara ha onu make otụtụ ha chọrọ iseda anyi. Ihe a dum bucha ihe na adachi oganiru.

Ihe mbu m chọrọ igwa unu bu ka anyi were ya nwayọ na ebe ndi ife nọ. Anyi ekwesighi iga alusi ha ọgu ma obukwan ikọ ha onu maka ihe a dum na emebi ọdidi anyi na iru ndi nmadu. Anyi achọghi ka ndi ife lee anyi anya si na anyi di iberibe. Unu biko jiri ya nwayọ hapu ha aka ka ha kwuọ ihe ọbula ha chọrọ.

E kwuo mu ọgwu.

That sounds primitive. You have to invent a new language for that as some of us still understand Igbo.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by nduchucks: 7:17pm On Jun 10, 2012
odumchi: This is the reason why we should be conducting things like this in the Igbo language. It would save us all of this hapless confusion.

One of your problems is that, once a host accepts you with great hospitability, you promptly disrespect your host and try to control what is not yours.

I'll recommend that you go to the appropriate forum and write in Igbo language all you want. In the meantime, I'd recommend that you respect this thought by the owner of this forum.

seun:

1. Nairaland is an English language forum. [/b]English happens to be our official language in Nigeria. it also happens to be the language of the web. [b]Please make every effort to use clear English at all times.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 10, 2012
odumchi: The thing that baffles me is why this why we are wasting time and energy attemtping to combat individuals who are evidently seeking our ruin.

Seriously, when did this place become an open market for uninvolved people to openly come and field their opinions and input? This place is an Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office (as the title clearly says) and is meant as a place where the Igbo congregate to discuss issues and seek solutions aided by the use of the Igbo language.

I didn't see any invitations for advisors or critics, so why then are we wasting our time abusing others, arguing over apologies, and fueling the flames of the destruction of the integrity of this place?

You need to change this mentality that the world is against you. You need to build bridges. Stop propagating hatred.
There is no where you go in Nigeria that you won't see Igbo.

There is no ethnic group in Nigeria that can say Nigeria is working. See life in a modern perspective, not the life of 70s.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by tpia5: 7:19pm On Jun 10, 2012
from the original post:

In furtherance of the objective of strengthening the bonds between brothers, and re-positioning our unique ethnic group in the midst of the chaotic scenes from the larger Nigeria, a cultural rebirth and awareness is imperative.

This Office -Eze Ndi Igbo NL Parliamentary Office - is therefore set-up for Ndi Igbo, her friends, and allies to suggest ways and manners we can advance our political and economic relationship for mutual benefits.

wbb
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by tpia5: 7:32pm On Jun 10, 2012
onlytruth and FACE

I totally understand your stand on this thread, but at the same time i have to point out your approach to ogugua could be better.

I'm not particularly close to her and I'm just as surprised by her approval of my post as anyone else (just so you dont think that's why I'm typing this), but i think you were a little too over the top in the way you responded to her presence here.

I'm aware in the general cultural setting, only "verified" and "vetted" members are allowed to participate in meetings such as the one you called for with this thread, which is to say anyone considered an "outsider" or who isnt approved of by the members of the particualr group, isnt expected to make any contribution when matters affecting the home area are being discussed.

However, the analogous "home area' in this instance in nairaland, a web based forum inculcating members from different walks of life and different regions. The hallmark of an effective leader is the ability to work with different and varying levels within his constituency. Some will even appoint people from the opposing faction, to work with them.

I can only summarize my points right now, so what I'm trying to say is, what would be expedient to do is not cut ogugua off because she has a viewpoint you dont approve of, but rather you should try to inculcate areas which you see as her strengths into your proposal (or cabinet for want of a better word), in a way that can be of benefit to what you stated in the opening post of this thread.

You can put her in charge of something- (media, networking, etc, whatever), instead of blocking her completely out and not listening to her opinion. She may be young but that doesnt mean she cant have something to say even if you disagree with it.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Gbawe: 7:33pm On Jun 10, 2012
jason123:

That is a lie and you know it!
We all know what you stand for on this forum!

Indeed. This is the same chap who once suggested that a Yoruba person can never get a job on merit if in direct competition with an Igbo man. If he has any decency in him he will confess that I indeed took him up on it and told him off about peddling the sort of hollow principles of sectional supremacy Hitler would have been proud of. He never sees individual ability, talent or opinions.

His mission is to move like-minded indoctrinated folks along in clannish herd mentality, paranoia and hatred of others. This is indeed what led to the obscene bullying of Ogugua88 seen here. I cringed when onlylies began it all on the first page only for others to be backing him slavishly and blindly with no decorum whatsoever or consideration for Ogugua88. They have probably succeeded to run her off this forum since they make it clear they deem her a "traitor" mainly for speaking up for joint Nigerian action by holders of the Nigerians Passport seeing their nation being destroyed.

Below is Onlylies at his intimidating and bullying best. Very ugly. He does everything but call her a fake Igbo simply because she will not join the mindless hatred and myopic blanket condemnation of fellow Nigerians from other ethnic groups.

People like you are what we call "Ndi ogba ka o data ego" - translated (because I can almost be certain that you cannot read Igbo ) it means those who would throw their clans, families and friends under the bus just to win the approval of others, or to appear "fair minded". If you were a man, you would be called something much worse (like efulefu, lol).
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by PointB: 7:33pm On Jun 10, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Are you freaking outta your mind.

In Nigeria I repeat it is only the Igbo that have their women in elective and sensitive posts.

If I lie, bring your own make I see am.

I repeat it is only the SE women in Nigeria that have continuously fought their to the top without fear and intimidation in the midst of strong willed men.

Again if I lie, state your own facts.

Eze Onlytruth, Point B, ACM10 and the rest, una suppose apologize to Ogugua, she got a say too.

If there's any strong young Igbo lady, I repeat Ogugua bu Ada eji agamba!
Quote mua anywhere.

Gbawe you be mumu as usual. Na to quote and write long nonsense na him dem go dey see you.

Nonsense nincompoop.

Ogugua made her point clearly and passionately which I respect. I also made my point. I explained to her that we are doing exactly same thing she is doing in her Anambra Association in California. Only that she refused to understand.

She was not happy the SE did not participate in the fuel subsidy removal protest; but if only she had counted the number of states that did not participate, I am sure she would have realised that several states (if you like ethnic) group did not participate in it.

Ogugua does not like herd mentality, but he would rather Igbo follow others in a herd mentality way.

Blackpin, I realise she was contradicting herself a lot, and I couldn't continue with the conversation. So I quit.

I see nothing wrong is my exchanges with her. If she thinks otherwise let her state it.

Frankly, I think she got it all wrong. She could have simply email the Eze, and some of her concerns will be privately addressed. But the way and manner of her approach if you ask leaves much to be desired.

Dalu Nwanne m

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by PointB: 7:36pm On Jun 10, 2012
BlackPikiN:

In Nigeria I repeat it is only the Igbo that have their women in elective and sensitive posts.

I repeat it is only the SE women in Nigeria that have continuously fought their to the top without fear and intimidation in the midst of strong willed men.

Eze Onlytruth, Point B, ACM10 and the rest, una suppose apologize to Ogugua, she got a say too.

Quote mua anywhere.

Gbawe you be mumu as usual. Na to quote and write long nonsense na him dem go dey see you.

Nonsense nincompoop.

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by odumchi: 7:37pm On Jun 10, 2012
odumchi: The thing that baffles me is why this why we are wasting time and energy attemtping to combat individuals who are evidently seeking our ruin.

bayooooooo:
You need to change this mentality that the world is against you. You need to build bridges. Stop propogating heatred.

You misunderstood what I said . No one is propogating any hatred; the fact that I'm here discussing this with you is detracting from the purpose of this thread and is therefore seeking the ruin of this thread. Here is the purpose of this thread as was stated in the first page:

"In furtherance of the objective of strengthening the bonds between brothers, and re-positioning our unique ethnic group in the midst of the chaotic scenes from the larger Nigeria, a cultural rebirth and awareness is imperative. This Office -Eze Ndi Igbo NL Parliamentary Office - is therefore set-up for Ndi Igbo, her friends, and allies to suggest ways and manners we can advance our political and economic relationship for mutual benefits."

Me discussing this with you isn't fulfilling any of those things stated above and is just mere derailment. I won't be discussing this with you any longer.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by PointB: 7:40pm On Jun 10, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Quote mua anywhere.

Nonsense nincompoop.

Ogugua made her point clearly and passionately which I respect. I also made my point. I explained to her that we are doing exactly same thing she is doing in her Anambra Association in California. Only that she refused to understand.

She was not happy the SE did not participate in the fuel subsidy removal protest; but if only she had counted the number of states that did not participate, I am sure she would have realised that several states (if you like ethnic) group did not participate in it.

Ogugua does not like herd mentality, but he would rather Igbo follow others in a herd mentality way.

Blackpin, I realise she was contradicting herself a lot, and I couldn't continue with the conversation. So I quit.

I see nothing wrong is my exchanges with her. If she thinks otherwise let her state it.

Frankly, I think she got it all wrong. She could have simply email the Eze, and some of her concerns will be privately addressed. But the way and manner of her approach if you ask leaves much to be desired.

By the way don't let Ndu_chucks, and Gbawe confuse you. They are here to incite passion and score cheap points off Igbos as usual. Ogugua is one of us, passionate, and articulate. Whether we agree with all she said or not is a different ball game altogether.
Dalu Nwanne m
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Yeske2(m): 7:42pm On Jun 10, 2012
bayooooooo:

That sounds primitive. You have to invent a new language for that as some of us still understand Igbo.
Apparently not for you so waka pass.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Gbawe: 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2012

I was wondering how long before we saw the usual tirade about everyone hating you and plotting your downfall. Some of you should get over yourselves and stop the unreasonable display of unsubstantiated paranoia and siege mentality that inversely seek to make other monsters . Most young folks I know are just concerned with getting the best out of life in this talent-driven modern era and have no time hating anyone. In fact it is news to most of them to come here and read that they automatically hate others from different ethnic groups.

Certainly, if you go around saying everyone hates you then you are inviting alienation and disdain upon yourselves.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 10, 2012
PointB: Ogugua made her point clearly and passionately which I respect. I also made my point. I explained to her that we are doing exactly same thing she is doing in her Anambra Association in California. Only that she refused to understand.

By the way don't let Ndu_chucks, and Gbawe confuse you. They are here to incite passion and score cheap points off Igbos as usual. Ogugua is one of us, passionate, and articulate. Whether we agree with all she said or not is a different ball game altogether.
Dalu Nwanne m

The Anambra and Neni associations are for Anambrans and Nenians, but everyone is welcome. OnlyTruth finds it logical to combat tribalism with segregation and discrimination.

How is it that what I said is so offensive to you all but you can defend OnlyTruth, who has labelled me as a lesser Igbo and a lesser Nigerian? Even after defending such, you expect me to believe that Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary office is for unity and harmony? OnlyTruth even went as far as comparing himself to Ojukwu. Would Ojukwu have considered me an outcast or nonsensed my opinion because I don't speak Igbo? Igbo is Igbo for Christ's sake. I have never denounced my heritage so he has no business or right trying to tarnish it himself. He is not God.

Igbo states did not participate. I am fully aware of this as I was one of those organizing protests through social media. Several states did not participate. That is true, but the South East was noticeably absent. Igbos are considered the big three. With great power comes great responsibility. I stated several times that the protests that resulted from the fuel subsidy removal were not only for fuel subsidy removal. The same corruption, injustice, and violence that Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office were being protested against. Why were we silent?

Now you must explain to me why I must email Onlytruth rather than state my opinion here like everyone else has. Am I a special case? Igbos can't disagree in public anymore? Anyone with contradicting views, email OnlyTruth? I beg to differ.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by odumchi: 8:00pm On Jun 10, 2012
Gbawe:

I was wondering how long before we saw the usual tirade about everyone hating you and plotting your downfall. Some of you should get over yourselves and stop the unreasonable display of unsubstantiated paranoia and siege mentality that inversely seek to make other monsters . Most young folks I know are just concerned with getting the best out of life in this talent-driven modern era and have no time hating anyone. In fact it is news to most of them to come here and read that they automatically hate others from different ethnic groups.

Certainly, if you go around saying everyone hates you then you are inviting alienation and disdain upon yourselves.

odumchi:
You misunderstood what I said . No one is propogating any hatred; the fact that I'm here discussing this with you is detracting from the purpose of this thread and is therefore seeking the ruin of this thread. Here is the purpose of this thread as was stated in the first page:

"In furtherance of the objective of strengthening the bonds between brothers, and re-positioning our unique ethnic group in the midst of the chaotic scenes from the larger Nigeria, a cultural rebirth and awareness is imperative. This Office -Eze Ndi Igbo NL Parliamentary Office - is therefore set-up for Ndi Igbo, her friends, and allies to suggest ways and manners we can advance our political and economic relationship for mutual benefits."

Me discussing this with you isn't fulfilling any of those things stated above and is just mere derailment. I won't be discussing this with you any longer.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by jason123: 8:00pm On Jun 10, 2012
Gbawe:

Indeed. This is the same chap who once suggested that a Yoruba person can never get a job on merit if in direct competition with an Igbo man. If he has any decency in him he will confess that I indeed took him up on it and told him off about peddling the sort of hollow principles of sectional supremacy Hitler would have been proud of. He never sees individual ability, talent or opinions.

His mission is to move like-minded indoctrinated folks along in clannish herd mentality, paranoia and hatred of others. This is indeed what led to the obscene bullying of Ogugua88 seen here. I cringed when onlylies began it all on the first page only for others to be backing him slavishly and blindly with no decorum whatsoever or consideration for Ogugua88. They have probably succeeded to run her off this forum since they make it clear they deem her a "traitor" mainly for speaking up for joint Nigerian action by holders of the Nigerians Passport seeing their nation being destroyed.

Below is Onlylies at his intimidating and bullying best. Very ugly. He does everything but call her a fake Igbo simply because she will not join the mindless hatred and myopic blanket condemnation of fellow Nigerians from other ethnic groups.

Thanks Gbawe. I quite remember that statement yet the bigot was made the Eze Ndigbo aka the representative of Igbos on NL. Now that he is an ethnic supremacist, what does that say about the rest?? Even an Ada Ndigbo Ogugua88 could smell his supremacist Nazi-like ideas on the internet, not to talk of us non-Igbos.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 10, 2012
Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office

grin grin grin It's a funny stuff. I am out!!!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Gbawe: 8:10pm On Jun 10, 2012
PointB:

Dalu Nwanne m

My guy, you can say what you want. The entire forum knows I am not an extrovert or 'busy-body' when it comes to the affairs of other ethnic groups. Even you, unless you now want to take to lying shamelessly, will admit I am never ever on these sort of thread for anyone to even be able to remotely label me as wanting to "score cheap points off Igbos[b] as usual[/b]".

Make me an Igbo-hater if you want but the truth bears this out to be a figment of your paranoid mind. I defend my ethnic group but, unlike you and many others in your mould, I always stay on my side of the fence and never attack any ethnic group here on this forum. In fact the reasons I avoid any topic to do with Igbos on NL is because the Igbos here are simply paranoid plus over-sensitive like yourself and only looking to confirm the hatred against them in the writing of every Yoruba person. This is why Afam4eva can say I hate Igbos because I used an i instead of a capital letter when I wrote Igbo. How twisted is that? A typo error is now conclusive proof of bigotry!!!! That was a personal lesson for me that most of you on this forum simply want to forcefully insist every Yoruba person hates you. It became obvious many of you are here to increase e-fighting and enmity with other ethnic group becuase of whatever unresolved issues your are grappling with. To that end, I avoid you all .

That said, I cannot stand needless bullying and that is the only reason I speak here. If you want to keep fooling yourself I speak here for whatever reasons take the fancy of your paranoid delusions ,when the archives show I give you guys and your topics a very wide berth, please be my guest.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by PointB: 8:22pm On Jun 10, 2012
tpia@:
onlytruth and FACE

I totally understand your stand on this thread, but at the same time i have to point out your approach to ogugua could be better.

I'm not particularly close to her and I'm just as surprised by her approval of my post as anyone else (just so you dont think that's why I'm typing this), but i think you were a little too over the top in the way you responded to her presence here.

I'm aware in the general cultural setting, only "verified" and "vetted" members are allowed to participate in meetings such as the one you called for with this thread, which is to say anyone considered an "outsider" or who isnt approved of by the members of the particualr group, isnt expected to make any contribution when matters affecting the home area are being discussed.

However, the analogous "home area' in this instance in nairaland, a web based forum inculcating members from different walks of life and different regions. The hallmark of an effective leader is the ability to work with different and varying levels within his constituency. Some will even appoint people from the opposing faction, to work with them.

I can only summarize my points right now, so what I'm trying to say is, what would be expedient to do is not cut ogugua off because she has a viewpoint you dont approve of, but rather you should try to inculcate areas which you see as her strengths into your proposal (or cabinet for want of a better word), in a way that can be of benefit to what you stated in the opening post of this thread.

You can put her in charge of something- (media, networking, etc, whatever), instead of blocking her completely out and not listening to her opinion. She may be young but that doesnt mean she cant have something to say even if you disagree with it.

Tpia, your assumption is not entirely correct. Any and everyone can post any sort of comment in this 'Office' and such opinion will be taken for its face value at the very least. This 'Office' though supposedly Igbotic is not different from every other thread. As you can see, everyone is here, including those who see 'hatred', 'supremacist', and other malaise. We are not stopping anyone.

But frankly, I like the maturity of your post, as oppose (if I could say it again) the confrontational approach of Ogugua. And I agree that Ogugua has a point, and would indeed be invaluable if she understand and agrees that 'Igbo cause' is not different from Nigeria's cause. Igboland is part and parcel of greater Nigeria. If I choose to dissipate my energy helping develop Igboland, does it not translate to developing Nigeria? The fact that a lot of people feel threatened or insecure when they hear 'Igbo' does not suggest that we should never breath or mute Igbo. We are not beholden unto anyone, and not oblige to do as they wish. There are millions of Igbos like Ogugua, you, and many others out there who are 'balanced Igbos', is that not fair enough? Must we all follow the herd? Be like our neighbours? For what purpose? At what cost and price?

Tpia, if you want to know more about what we do in the background, or hope to do, send a mail to the eze. Perhaps he might consider your unique perspective in the cabinet. I don't decide for him though.

Ogugua, can also do same. The impression I got from the Eze, is that more opinions are welcome in the cabinet. Let's not stand aloof and point fingers, when we can make a difference.

Peace!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by BlackPikiN(m): 9:25pm On Jun 10, 2012
Udo Chia!!

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Afam4eva(m): 9:33pm On Jun 10, 2012
Hmmm
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by tpia5: 9:39pm On Jun 10, 2012
Point B

I'm not igbo, but simply giving my opinion here.

if you're really trying to make this office work (as opposed to joking around), then I suggest you look at these things from a fresh angle.

to the best of my knowledge, this is the first position of its kind so far on nl, and it would be nice if you could have something in place that shows you mean what you said in the original post.

2012 is almost gone and if there's going to be another election soon, then too much time has been wasted already.

Some of it has been spent fighting.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 10, 2012
afam4eva: Hmmm
Ina eghe eghelele. Onwere ebe eje dugudo onye obia were siya la be he.

Ka udo chia
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 10, 2012
It's funny how the Odumchi guy (who's supposed to be a mod by the way) thinks the thread is exclusively for Igbos... The last time I checked, this is NL - and everyone is allowed to post a comment.

Odumchi, you already turned the culture section into biafra - people like you are the most dangerous Igbos out there; the type of Igbos that shouldn't be allowed near any sit of power in Nigeria..

I put it to you, Odumchi - that you're a snake, and an Igbo supremacist.. Even Onlytruth and Bashr8 are not as bigoted as you.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Yeske2(m): 9:48pm On Jun 10, 2012
^^^
Mechie onu!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 10, 2012
Yeske!:
^^^
Mechie onu!

Ndi Nna mu ochie ka udo chia grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Kilode1: 9:53pm On Jun 10, 2012
ogugua88:

One would hope Nigeria, as a whole, would benefit, but I am doubtful. Biafra was created to solve the Igbo problem. Instead, we became bigger targets and were ganged upon until Ojukwu accepted defeat and Biafra was dissolved.

If you want my opinion, then I'll dictate it to you.

I have been reading this thread since it was formed and didn't post until today because of a post from Tpia, where tpia mentioned taking up a more widespread cause, with which I agree.

Some feel that Igbos should be the only ones putting their heads together to tackle lack of accountability, peace, and justice. If there was a perfect time to engage other Nigerians in fighting against corruption, injustice, and Boko Haram, that time is now. Nigerians are effected by all three of these things. Igbos are targets of Boko Haram, but other groups are victimized as well. Rather than retreat to our region and focus on ourselves, Igbos should be reaching out to others. Now.

My biggest fear is history repeating itself, and as of now, we seem to be on that track. The formations of Biafra and Ndi Igbo exclusive groups only exacerbates my fears. A very silly example, but I'll give it. My father attends events within the Nigerian community here. As in, every event that comes his way, he tries his best to be there or I'll go in his place, be it Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, or whichever else. What he's told me since I was young is "if you attend no one's function, don't expect anyone to attend your own". This is why I was livid when OnlyTruth and others were defending Igbos and their lack of participation during the protests in January. One of the downfalls of many Nigerians is the "do me I do you" mentality. As Igbos were noticeably absent, others will bear that in mind, especially if Igbos ever find themselves in trouble and in need of assistance or resources.
Some Igbos will be defiant or stubborn and tell you that they don't need other Nigerians helping them. If I read well, Biafrans fought for Biafra alone and were severely outnumbered in terms of soldiers and weaponry. This is life, not a Hollywood film like "300". Passion does not win wars. Outdoing the opposition does, and allies would help. Igbos share a commonality with most Nigerians in that many of us are angry that after 13 years of democratic rule, we have nothing to show for it.

Boko Haram is in Aso Rock and some of those in office fail to see the bombings as criminal, so reaching out to the Nigerian FG is out of the question. The only option I find logical is reaching out to other Nigerians. We all want justice, accountability, and peace. That's easy. How do we get there? This is why I suggested tending to "Nigerian issues" and reaching out to other groups. Therefore, if the time ever comes for Boko Haram and the FG to attack the Eastern region just like others have done before, we will not be alone this time.

The Kano protests were eye-openers and a great example as to how far Nigerians have come. Christians and Muslims held hands and protested. They even formed a peace covenant. When Muslims were praying, Christians stood outside the mosques and protected them. When Christians prayed, Muslims stood outside churches and protected them. I won't forget that, and other Nigerians shouldn't either. We are all tired of being angry at government and angry from being tired of waiting on government to change. If Senators from north, south, east, and west can unite against same-sex marriage, then Nigerians from north, south, east, and west can unite against corruption, injustice, and violence.

I applaud your well nuanced sense of justice, fairness and foresight. You demonstrated it exceedingly well in this post.

It is very heartwarming to read indeed.

I must say though that the obvious fears expressed by many of those on the other side of this discussion is understandable, considering the history of this country. Not everyone can rise easily above their fears and pursue a larger broader goal like you expressed here. We will need to continue to be our brothers keepers as we struggle to help our people see the bigger picture.

Again, what you wrote here in a few words is simply a gem ogugua. Well done sis.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 10, 2012
Kilode?!:

I applaud your well nuanced sense of justice, fairness and foresight. You demonstrated it exceedingly well in this post.

It is very heartwarming to read indeed.

I must say though that the obvious fears expressed by many of those on the other side of this discussion is understandable, considering the history of this country. Not everyone can rise easily above their fears and pursue a larger broader goal like you expressed here. We will need to continue to be our brothers keepers as we struggle to help our people see the bigger picture.

Again, what you wrote her in a few words is simply a gem ogugua. Well done sis.

Ka Chukwu gozie gi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Miyetti Allah Kicks As Fulani Radio Attracts More Reactions / FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% / ISWAP Attacks 2 Nigerian Army Bases In Borno, 30 Soldiers Dead - SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.