Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... (28616 Views)

Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) / Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by PointB: 10:11pm On Jun 10, 2012
tpia@:
Point B

I'm not igbo, but simply giving my opinion here.

if you're really trying to make this office work (as opposed to joking around), then I suggest you look at these things from a fresh angle.

to the best of my knowledge, this is the first of its kind so far on nl, and it would be nice could have something in place that shows you mean what you said in the original post.

2012 is almost gone and if there's going to be another election soon, then too much time has been wasted already.

Some of it has been spent fighting.

Tpia,
Pardon me. I mistook you for Igbo when I made my last comment. But that does not take anything away from my impression of you. And your comment is also welcome.

As for making this NL Office work, I can assure you it already working. We are getting feedback, even though some of them are best classified as 'tough love.'

A journey of a thousand kilometres begins with one step. Indeed we have spent half of the year already in a one year term. If what we achieve in the first year is creating awareness and synthesising ideas, I can say we have done well. In anycase, there are issues we prefer to discuss 'in private' with the hope of bringing ideas to fruition. We have achieved much more than we set out to. And there is still ample time for more result. Marshalling Igbo cause is not easy, but I must commend the passion and character of Eze OnlyTruth. You won't believe this, until you find yourself in his shoes. With people who are always quick to point at his supposed weakness and sins at every opportunity dotting the landscape!

As per the 2012 election, I can assure you (if God keeps us alive by then) that we will pull it through. The last one was concluded under a week or two. But we don't want to hold election for the sake of it. There is more work to be done, and we still need more volunteers in the task at hand.

And frankly speaking, the objective of this office remains as stated - for mutual benefit of Ndi Igbo, allies, and friends. It is not and should not be misconstrued as 'separatist' gathering (not that I think anything is wrong with advocating for saperate nation for any ethnic group which so desires). And it is not a walled-city for Ndi Igbo, it is still an open forum for all and sundry - though we prefer Ndi Igbo, her allies,
and those like you who wish her well.

We will get there ...
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by SamIkenna: 10:39pm On Jun 10, 2012
Since the end of civil war Igbos have been accused of not being "united."

From the day Gowon assumed powers (1966) up until this minute (1:21pm, 10/6/2012), Igbos have been shortchanged and marginalized, in fact Igbo marginalization was institutionalized from 1966 thru 1999. It was democracy that gave Igbos and ethnic minorities in the ND the space to voice their demands. Its unfurtunate some folks think that now we're in democracy that their headaches and ours should be indentical, no it doesnt work that way. I said this because of the recurrent BS on sudsidy removal and the accussation that Igbos were silent.

Going by what I know, some Igbos protested while some chose to occupy themselves with issues they consider more important. I dont know when Nigeria became one cohesive nation that people are now making it seem like it was Igbos that broke ranks with their fellow country men. In fact, it was Nigeria that broke ranks with Ndigbo and Easterners when in 66 the world woke up to a merciless pogrom, and last time I checked I didn't see "other" Nigerians protesting that. Its hypocrisy in an unquantifiable proportion for people to come here and malign the Igbo race because no major subsidy removal protest was held in Igboland. In the US some people believe Obama is the anti-Christ while in some quaters people beg to differ. Democracy without divergent opinions and priorities is worse than North Korean communism. Igboland is a highly democratic and individualistic society, its difficult to force anything down anyone's throat (unless, of course, you have the military behind you), so if many in the East consider something else more pressing than subsidy removal then that "something" is what's important to them at that moment in time.

On the issue of unity, its like dam.ned if we do and dam.ned if we dont. I've gone thru the OP's initial post and I didnt see anywhere he advocated hate to other groups in Nigeria. I've also gone thru all the stuff [b]OnlyTruth [/b]wrote up until the salvos and torpedoes started flying, I didnt see where he said Igbos were superior to anybody. If indeed OnlyTruth said such in other threads then he knows hes on his own, good Igbo men and women dont and will not support such exlusionary statements, but on this thread I'm still yet to see where he insulted other groups. All I saw was a concerned Igbo son trying to bring his people together so they can put pressure on Igbo politicians and officials for the good of Igboland and by extension, Nigeria. For those who wished we were never united, what about SS forum (BRACED) and SW regional integration? How many times have you come out to lampoon those meetings/organizations? are those organizations not exclusive? common people! lets cut this Igbophobia out.

In democracy people deserve the right to converge and associate as they deem fit, provided they're not breaking the law. I'm a Nigerian but I'm Igbo first. To be a good Nigerian means I have to be a good Igbo, and being a good Igbo entails that I put my house in order first before I step into the national arena. To that end I say, those calling for the unity of Igboland keep up your great work, let your gaze be still on the big prize, dont deter, dont let up, and dont let ethnicism drag you down. Lets make Igboland great and together we'll negotiate and re-engineer a better Nigeria.

Chukwu gozie unu.

4 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by nduchucks: 11:00pm On Jun 10, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:
I've also gone thru all the stuff [b]OnlyTruth [/b]wrote up until the salvos and torpedoes started flying, I didnt see where he said Igbos were superior to anybody.

nwanna, You've ignored the pertinent issue and decided to focus on the issue of Igbo superiority. What is distasteful is the manner with which your brothers were bullying an intelligent Igbo girl who happens to challenge their position. I reproduce Gbawe's post here to provide you with some clarity.

Gbawe: Why can't you just be a man for once by apologizing and leaving it at that? The way you spoke patronisingly to the lady was awful. You tacitly encouraged others to do likewise. Your chauvinism is nauseating to witness and marks you out, ultimately, as intolerant, condescending and distastefully sexist. Apologize and move on. Next time, let others have their say and stop instigating a bullying lynch mob action against them simply because they are the lone voice of dissent to your hateful propaganda.

nwanne m maramma, Something tells me that you are not a male chauvinist and you will have no trouble apologizing to sister ogugua on behalf of the said bullies.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by abouzaid: 11:16pm On Jun 10, 2012
@ALL, BIKO OBURU NA UNU AGA ASỤ IGBO EBE A, UNU EMECHIE UNU. KEDU KA NDỊ OFE MMANỤ GA ESI ADO GHACHI IFE ANYỊ NA EME EBEA AZỤ MAKA NA ANYỊ NA AZỤ OYIBO? IGWE EZE EZIOKWU BIKO TIE IWU KA OBU SO IGBO KA AGA NA AZỤ EBE A.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by ebere1712: 12:03am On Jun 11, 2012
Ebe a awugi ebe anyi ga emeli ihe a. Ndi mba ozo abiala, bute "Nigerian factor" na e' mebi ihe nile bia ebe a. Ha a' chogi i' mepe nke ha, ma ha choro ka anyi e me kwala nke anyi. Anyi ga acho ebe ozo me ihe a. Ndi Igbo kwenu.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Obiagu1(m): 1:00am On Jun 11, 2012
ogugua88:

I'm in all three. Anambra Association, Neni Develoment Union, and Sacramento Association of Nigerians.

If you want a fair and free Nigeria, then you should start acting like it. Everyone wants the nation to break up because they think it's easier that way.

Fuel subsidy removal doesn't have to be your headache. If something is wrong, you can't stand against it? If wrong is wrong, I'll be vocal. You make it seem like Igbos weren't effected by the removal. People traveled to their villages in December and couldn't return home because prices doubled overnight.

I could not care less who the person is or where they are from. I will support a Hausaman or a Yorubaman if I feel he is more experienced than a fellow Igbo. I don't push anything due to region. That's silly.

I really hate reading posts from people like you. I bet you rarely go to Nigeria. You're a Nigerian just for the sake of having a country and knows absolutely nothing about her politics. Like someone suggested to you, quit Neni and Anambra associations and become a "proper" Nigeria.

If you've actually visited Nigeria, then you might help tell me why Igboland is very much unlike other parts of Nigeria. No federal presence in your homeland yet you are more Nigeria than others. You'll support a Hausa/Yoruba over your people while you close your eyes as gully erosion wipes your neighbours' houses away, after all it's not your home so why care.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by ACM10: 1:19am On Jun 11, 2012
ogugua88:

The Anambra and Neni associations are for Anambrans and Nenians, but everyone is welcome. OnlyTruth finds it logical to combat tribalism with segregation and discrimination.

How is it that what I said is so offensive to you all but you can defend OnlyTruth, who has labelled me as a lesser Igbo and a lesser Nigerian? Even after defending such, you expect me to believe that Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary office is for unity and harmony? OnlyTruth even went as far as comparing himself to Ojukwu. Would Ojukwu have considered me an outcast or nonsensed my opinion because I don't speak Igbo? Igbo is Igbo for Christ's sake. I have never denounced my heritage so he has no business or right trying to tarnish it himself. He is not God.

Igbo states did not participate. I am fully aware of this as I was one of those organizing protests through social media. Several states did not participate. That is true, but the South East was noticeably absent. Igbos are considered the big three. With great power comes great responsibility. I stated several times that the protests that resulted from the fuel subsidy removal were not only for fuel subsidy removal. The same corruption, injustice, and violence that Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office were being protested against. Why were we silent?

Now you must explain to me why I must email Onlytruth rather than state my opinion here like everyone else has. Am I a special case? Igbos can't disagree in public anymore? Anyone with contradicting views, email OnlyTruth? I beg to differ.

I used to follow your comments long before I joined NL. I must confess that u are an interestin character. You are bright. But u still have a lot to learn in life. One thing I noticed about u from your comments on this thread is that u are proud. I noticed that u don't have respect for other people's opinion. That's why u think that other Igbos that refused to join the protest are stup!d. BTW, did u take part in the protest? Hmm. . .u are behind your keyboard organisin foot soldiers that will go out to take the bullet for u. Pls post a picture of u taking part in the protests on this thread or forever remain silent. You can't lead from behind. When u mobilize people to protest, u must take the lead.

I don't care if u are described as 'very intelligent' or 'balanced'. I can only advise u to thread the path of caution. Your head should not swell yet. Nwata a na etiri egwu surugede o na agba, a maghi na egwu surugede bu egwu ndi muo.

BTW, can u qoute where Onlytruth implied that u are a lesser Igbo?

There are many female Igbo posters on this forum such as Freecocoa, Ekwy, Nnenna, etc. and they all share one trait in common when interactin with the men from their tribe on this forum. That trait is "respect". Regrettably, your comments so far shows lack of it.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Obiagu1(m): 1:36am On Jun 11, 2012
ACM10:
That's why u think that other Igbos that refused to join the protest are stup!d. BTW, did u take part in the protest? Hmm. . .u are behind your keyboard organisin foot soldiers that will go out to take the bullet for u. Pls post a picture of u taking part in the protests on this thread or forever remain silent. You can't lead from behind. When u mobilize people to protest, u must take the lead.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by ACM10: 1:44am On Jun 11, 2012
Gbawe:

I would care what you think if at all I am into respecting the opinion of insecure losers, bullies and those predisposed to thinking everyone hates them, envies them and want to wipe them out. Your mind and mentality is prison and punishment enough in a modern world where many are just happy to grapple with the challenges of life. You only deserve pity.

I've always suspected that u have some mental issues. And I believe that my suspicion is not misplaced. The manner in which u labels every Igbo poster that u comes across as "insecure", "loser", "thinking everyone hates them", "envies them", "wants to wipe them out" indicates automatism.

I'm not contestin for the title of a winner on NL with u. Since it does not lessen my professional achievements. Hold fast to your winner label.

I can quotes Ndu-chucks past comments to back up my assertion. Can u prove yours?

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 1:44am On Jun 11, 2012
ACM10:

There are many female Igbo posters on this forum such as Freecocoa, Ekwy, Nnenna, etc. and they all share one trait in common when interactin with the men from their tribe on this forum. That trait is "respect". Regrettably, your comments so far shows lack of it.

How dare you compare Ogugua88 to a bigot like Ekwy - and a simpleton like freecocoa? You guys don't respect the intelligent women among you smh..

The only person comparable to Ogugua88 is Nnenna - and probably Londoner (but she's more westernized). cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 2:45am On Jun 11, 2012
ACM10: I used to follow your comments long before I joined NL. I must confess that u are an interestin character. You are bright. But u still have a lot to learn in life. One thing I noticed about u from your comments on this thread is that u are proud. I noticed that u don't have respect for other people's opinion. That's why u think that other Igbos that refused to join the protest are stup!d. BTW, did u take part in the protest? Hmm. . .u are behind your keyboard organisin foot soldiers that will go out to take the bullet for u. Pls post a picture of u taking part in the protests on this thread or forever remain silent. You can't lead from behind. When u mobilize people to protest, u must take the lead.

I don't care if u are described as 'very intelligent' or 'balanced'. I can only advise u to thread the path of caution. Your head should not swell yet. Nwata a na etiri egwu surugede o na agba, a maghi na egwu surugede bu egwu ndi muo.

BTW, can u qoute where Onlytruth implied that u are a lesser Igbo?

I never said Igbos who didn't protest were stupid. I said I didn't understand why they didn't protest and then disagreed with the reasons they were giving me for not doing so and I still do. I wasn't organizing foot soldiers. I was organizing Nigerians who were willing to be vocal about change at the time. No one was to take any bullets for me. I simply gathered information from those who were protesting and posted them on various media outlets, including this Nairaland. I don't have to reside in Nigeria to make a difference. I wish I could go home and join friends and others who wish to change Nigeria. If I was there, I would be organizing and conducting rallies, as what Nigerians need are a push and a visible leader to follow. Unfortunately, that's not the case for now but I wish to achieve it soon. I have no wish to be behind anyone's back when it comes to these issues. Protesting is not new to me. I haven't had the opportunity to do it in Nigeria, but I do it here very often. It can work in Nigeria if someone is willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for a better tomorrow.

You advised me to thread the path of caution and then mixed in your own insults at me as well. Now you're talking of respect. Sorry, but it doesn't work that way for me. The most I can do is start from a clean slate, but I'm not apologizing to any one. It doesn't matter if I'm a woman or if I'm younger. I have every right to join this thread or any thread and post my opinion. You can't take my comment and then, after a number of fellow Igbos respond to me in an insulting and condescending manner, lecture me about being respectful. I have my own dignity. I don't see that as head swelling. I simply refuse to be walked upon.

Another example of why I am not happy with NL Igbos occurred today. El Rufai made comments about Governor Obi. To be frank, Governor Obi is not doing much, if anything for my state, Anambra, and El Rufai made that known. Rather than counter El Rufai with facts, Obi labeled him a tribalist. Now, rather than call out Pete Obi for construing El Rufai's constructive criticisms as an ethnic issue, some NL Igbos defended Obi's accusations. Now what does it say on the front page of this thread from OnlyTruth?

Because Nigeria is a highly tribalistic country, our members are temporarily drawn from Igbo land only.

We have Igbo tribalists as well. Will they be kicked out? I highly doubt it, as long as they share the same mentality as OnlyTruth and the rest. I'm not a tribalist. I simply stated what I see is wrong with my own people, and, as result, I am not welcome here. I didn't run behind any of your backs to make this known. I didn't form another account to call out my fellow Igbos. Instead, I came to a thread followed by Igbos and brought the issue to your faces. You don't have to agree with me, but what is the point of feigning "everyone is welcome" when in reality, only "everyone with our ideals is welcome"? There's no room for growth in a room of homogeneity.

The main point I have been trying to get across is that Igbos should participate more in terms of trying to solve national problems. I suppose one could say he or she is "Igbo first", or "Yoruba first", or whichever other tribe, and then Nigerian second. In my opinion, no one cares about that except for Nigerians. It doesn't matter if any of the Igbo states are the most stable in the nation. It would be nice, but the truth is that there is no Igbo passport. There is only a Nigerian passport. It's the nation, "Nigeria", and the nationality, "Nigerian", with which people identify us. It doesn't matter if you are a wealthy businessman who made his money through legal means. If you have a Nigerian passport, you are frowned upon by most of the rest of the world. You can try, when an international airport security personnel seizes your passport, to explain that you're Igbo or from a state where the most noble and honest people come. He or she won't have it. Regardless of tribe, you are still a Nigerian. You are "stained". You can thank our terrible government officials, Boko Haram, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, 419ers, drug traffickers, and many others for that.

As for OnlyTruth's earlier comments that you missed:

Onlytruth: People like you are what we call "Ndi ogba ka o data ego" - translated (because I can almost be certain that you cannot read Igbo ) it means those who would throw their clans, families and friends under the bus just to win the approval of others, or to appear "fair minded". If you were a man, you would be called something much worse (like efulefu, lol).

Onlytruth: Honestly I normally ignore people with your level of understanding on Nairaland. I do that every time here.
I'm only responding to you because I see an opportunity to educate others as well.

So, you don't know why I inquired about your ability to read (or even speak )Igbo? undecided cry lol
That says it all about you. All I can say is that YOU KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about Nigeria. Simple fact.

Your opinions are as relevant as those of Ghanaians, Camerounian's or even Tanzanians as far as Nigerian politics is concerned.
I can even guess that your first foray into Nigerian political issues is here on Nairaland.
So girl, where do I even begin with you.
Well, I think I should begin by telling you to censure your parents for not teaching you Igbo.

Umunne m na umunna m, unu ahula ihe na eme na o buru na unu akuzighiri umu unu Igbo. cry Quite sad.

Girl, you have NO LOCUS to discuss our issues, concerns, hopes and dreams.
So, please move on.

Onlytruth: Ogugua, please go to bed, it is 1:43 am where you are.
Your parents would not be happy that their daughter is up around this time for any reason.
Like someone said, go back to the Romance section. We are talking unromantic things here.

I'm not a child.

If that's the kind of Eze that NL Igbos have chosen for themselves, then that's fine. That's your preference. As for me, I will continue supporting those who can criticize even their closest brothers and sisters when they are wrong. I'm Igbo. I am Nigerian. If you're a rogue Nigerian, then you don't have my support. If you're a rogue Igbo, then you don't have my support. If you're a rogue Nenian, then you don't have my support. If you're a rogue Chief of Umudioka, then you don't have my support. If you're a rogue blood relative, then you don't have my support. If you want to color me bad because of that? Be my guest. That is solely on you.

@Obiagu1 I will support an honest non-Igbo over a rogue Igbo any day. I will support an honest Igbo over a rogue non-Igbo any day. Tribalism has consumed all Nigerians. Rather than search for a candidate with political experience, knowledge, courage despite adversity, and other traits we would love in a president, we're busy searching for who can represent our tribe best in the presidential election in 2015. I don't have time for that.

6 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by jason123: 2:49am On Jun 11, 2012
I'm in LOVE with Ogugua88's post!!!

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by odumchi: 3:10am On Jun 11, 2012
shymmex: It's funny how the Odumchi guy (who's supposed to be a mod by the way) thinks the thread is exclusively for Igbos... The last time I checked, this is NL - and everyone is allowed to post a comment.

Odumchi, you already turned the culture section into biafra - people like you are the most dangerous Igbos out there; the type of Igbos that shouldn't be allowed near any sit of power in Nigeria..

I put it to you, Odumchi - that you're a snake, and an Igbo supremacist.. Even Onlytruth and Bashr8 are not as bigoted as you.

Lmao

O nwe ihe m ama avụvọ na Nairalandi a? What will I not see on Nairaland? grin

Shymmex, this is truly hilarious. If I told you that you're presuming a 16 year-old to be an Igbo supremacist/tribalist master mind what would you say? Abeg, we have more important issues to discuss...
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by odumchi: 3:16am On Jun 11, 2012
abouzaid: @ALL, BIKO OBURU NA UNU AGA ASỤ IGBO EBE A, UNU EMECHIE UNU. KEDU KA NDỊ OFE MMANỤ GA ESI ADO GHACHI IFE ANYỊ NA EME EBEA AZỤ MAKA NA ANYỊ NA AZỤ OYIBO? IGWE EZE EZIOKWU BIKO TIE IWU KA OBU SO IGBO KA AGA NA AZỤ EBE A.

ebere1712: Ebe a awugi ebe anyi ga emeli ihe a. Ndi mba ozo abiala, bute "Nigerian factor" na e' mebi ihe nile bia ebe a. Ha a' chogi i' mepe nke ha, ma ha choro ka anyi e me kwala nke anyi. Anyi ga acho ebe ozo me ihe a. Ndi Igbo kwenu.

Unu ekwuola ezi okwu.
Kedu ka ihe anyi na akpa ebe a si gbasa ndi awughi ndi Igbo? Sọsọ ihe ndi a choro bu imebi ihe a anyi chọrọ ihaziri onwe anyi. Asilam Umu Igbo na unu gba ha nkiti bia ebe a ka anyi were asụsụ anyi kpa maka onwe anyi.

Bikonụ, Unu dee aha unu na akwụkwọ ozi anyi ọ buru na unu edebeghi ya. Ka Ọbasi di na elu gbaa anyi umo.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 4:02am On Jun 11, 2012
ekt_bear: Heh.

I like you guys. And no sarcasm is intended here, this type of stuff genuinely warms my heart.
Seriously, are u ok?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 4:14am On Jun 11, 2012
Ogugua88, you are the best.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Obiagu1(m): 4:27am On Jun 11, 2012
ogugua88:
@Obiagu1 I will support an honest non-Igbo over a rogue Igbo any day. I will support an honest Igbo over a rogue non-Igbo any day. Tribalism has consumed all Nigerians. Rather than search for a candidate with political experience, knowledge, courage despite adversity, and other traits we would love in a president, we're busy searching for who can represent our tribe best in the presidential election in 2015. I don't have time for that.

... and who are those honest non-Igbos? It's this kind of mentality that has kept us backward. Today they are chasing us around Lagos telling us to go home, tomorrow it will be Abuja. Where do they go back to? To a region that have nothing, neglected, deprived and ridiculed? Until we realised the kind of country we have, we'll remain the laughing stock. I hate to say it but your kind is our problem; you live in the US and you think an honest non-Igbo think like an honest American. sad

Unless others become truly honest and fair in their dealings with others, nothing matters to me until I see even a "rogue" Igbo man in Aso Rock. We beg for a bridge in Onitsha but they said we had to pay for it ourselves. We beg for an international airport they said no we have in Lagos and Abuja. We beg for petrochemical industries but got none. We beg for federal presence in our land but got none. When you pass Onitsha bridge, you suddenly feel you are in a different country. They use federal money to build high quality roads for cattle to use and for drying of grains in the North. Endless multi-billion Naira dams everywhere in the North and we have none. Go to Unizik and compare the infrastructure there with that in other federal Universities. Go to Enugu international airport and compare it with others yet you've been wisely supporting honest non Igbos over your so called rogue Igbos. We have perpetually decided to remain fools, after all my family can send me to good schools so why should I care, when I finish I get a good job so why should I bother, life is so good to me. What about your brothers back home?

You've been harping on fuel subsidy demonstrations, why was there no demonstrations when your brothers and sisters were being killed in the North? Is fuel more important than life? What did we get? They came here to ridicule us for living in the North, a part of your silly country. Do you think someone will just wake up in the morning, pack his bags and move up north if the situation in Igboland is good since you've been supporting honest non Igbos?

I don't want to go on but we've had enough of your kind, we don't want more of you so please stay away.

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by SamIkenna: 4:49am On Jun 11, 2012
Ogugua88 my beloved sister, kedu k'ihe di. I was on a self-imposed leave from NL before I read all the back and forth posts that're now causing ripples. Frankly, I see your take on all this as just - opinion which requires no crucifixion. However, you got it wrong when you put Igbo on the subsidy line of fire. You have to be Igbo, live in Igboland, know her history, and experience Nigeria for at least 20 years to understand why we, Igbos, will never be anybody's scapegoat again. Any Igbo that tries to drag Igbo into the subsidy protest will not like the reaction he'll get from his kinsmen. Three million, two million, or even one million souls is a lot and we paid that much just because we didnt see the hand writing on the wall. We will never be rail-roaded again, never again shall we be made scapegoats, if Nigeria wants to move forward we will help it make the journey but we will never lead any cause again. Never, not while this generation is alive. The Igbo you see today is 2.0, new and improved Igbo and by God we will not fall for anybody's game.

On the flipside, I applaud your courage, wisdom, and interest in politics. Women in Nigeria are relatively indifferent on political issues but you've shown you're cut from the same material as Mrs Okwesilieze, Mrs Okonjo, Mrs Ransome Kuti etc. However, I'll advise you thread carefully lest you mistake NL accolades as a signal for love, friendship, and bridge-building. Nigeria is rigged with political land-mines and trojan horses, what people say in the open is not what they say behind your back. One way to know when one is out of line is when one gets an e-handshake from a NLer that has said a disparaging thing about your own people. Though this method is not full proof, its still a great way to guard yourself against working for the wrong boss.

I love and appreciate all Nigerians from the southern creek to the semi arid north. Even though we, at one time, fought against eachother, I can guarantee that you'll probably find more "one Nigerians" in the East than most places. We're not die-hard seperatists Ok. Anyone saying we are - is just looking for an easy way to perpetuate his presence and that of his kinsmen in Aso Rock. Just as we have MASSOB in the East, we have MEND in ND and OPC in SW, and the newest but deadliest Boko Haram in the North. Of this four, only MASSOB in the East bears no arms.

We've paid our dues. For as long as I can remember, East has been mainstream enough so it aint gonna hurt if we choose to be a little bit more pro-Igbo in our outlook. To be pro-Igbo means that we want a nation that is free in all ramifications. We want a nation that sees all as equal, we want a nation that guarantees my freedom to preach the gospel of Christ in Maiduguri just as an islamic scholar feels no qualms delivering his message in Aba morsque. We want a government that is not centered in Abuja and only hears or considers what the press in Lagos says. We want our government in Enugu, Owerri, or Anambra. We want a regional goverment that makes economic and security (police) policies for her people. A government that finances and sustains itself by tapping into the ingenuity of her people. Brothers, pro-Igbo aint hurting nobody.

Folks, Lets not be unsetlled when Igbos or any other group calls for unity of their people because for Nigeria to inch forward in any meaningful way, unity is going to be needed both in the center and in the regions

Finally, Ogugua88 my sister, the reason many Igbos will not ply your route of reasoning is because your views kind of sound like Zik's. Zik's views were great for its time, the time Nigeria was sane. Today, what we have is a nation under a tight control of mad criminals that, over the years, wasted no moment in latching on to religion and ethcity to drive a billion pound wedge between Nigerians of different faith and ancestry. In as much as I love every Nigerian, I would be a fool not to realize how much toxic and tense ethnic relations are in this country. My advise to all is - preach and practice peace from your heart while watching your formation. Do not be left behind enemy line.

Love you my sis,
Ka chukwu nye anyi udo.

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 5:00am On Jun 11, 2012
ACM10:

One thing I noticed about u from your comments on this thread is that u are proud.

Don't be alarmed people, he's not a chauvinist, he just hates his women being his equals; he prefers them subjugated and beneath his feet. Abi, like a proud Igbo man? Smh
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 5:03am On Jun 11, 2012
Roflmao look at them, shameless men tagging themselves and challenging a lady their grand-daughter's age to a mud wrestling match in the middle of the village square.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 5:13am On Jun 11, 2012
I'm back now! Been in a meeting all day. cool

My dear brothers, I hope you can now all see the type of reasons why no one takes us (Igbo) seriously in Nigeria. We are breeding efulefus by the day! Our children are not being brought up to defend their own chances of survival.
Believe me, some of us have ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO CHALLENGE THE NIGERIAN STATUS QUO. I know that most of my council members are fine and have no personal issues. Heck we can even join the Nigerian feast of evil or join FAKE progressives who are deceiving themselves. We are being attacked because we are actually trying to do something that can lead to a good future for our children. Our fathers did same for us, that is why we even have some modicum of federal presence in the East. If our fathers were as selfish (seeking approval from the oppressors of Ndigbo) as ogugua, Igboland will be far worse than far north today.
They fought injustice against us, even up to the point of taking up arms. Some of them died in the process, and today, whatever attention the oguguas are getting on Nairaland is because other Nigerians remember what the Igbo did in the past and fear a repeat of that, thanks to our fathers' sacrifices and relentless fight against anti-Igboism in Nigeria.
Now, ogugua would dare call us "rogue", when her own father is a member of TWO Igbo based organisations.
What does that make her? The daughter of a rogue! Simples. cool

Back to what were are doing here. I am VERY happy that we set out to form (or reform) our awareness and collective consciousness as Ndigbo, because the chaos in Nigeria has led to a situation where the victim has now become sympathetic to the oppressor. There is a psychological term for this phenomenon (I can't recall the term for now). People like Ogugua are the first set of Igbo kids who (because they are not really being trained well) will eventually sell the whole real estate of Igboland to the oppressors and haters of Ndigbo; and they will do this without even being aware of what they are doing. And they would attack anyone who disagrees with their aloofness and cluelessness.

Even when it is obvious on this thread that there are people from other tribes clearly working on a tribal agenda against Ndigbo here, ogugua still cannot see them. She can only see her fellow Igbo, and attack them constantly.
I somehow think she has a personal bone to pick with her Igbo tribe. She is not saying what it is.

This is part of why I stated in another post here and said the following:

Kedu ihe mere na umu Igbo na egosikari ike ha n'ebe umu Igbo ibe ha no?". I gave the example of kidnapping.
I am yet to see ogugua pick a SERIOUS argument with non-Igbos on this forum over any issue.
She only always wakes up to attack us when we start defending Igbo interests in Nigeria.

Bikonu Onye obula zuo umuaka ya o!
Nnukwu nsogbu kariri nke anyi no n'ime ya na abia na ala Igbo.

I wish to thank umunna and the Eze in Council for a wonderful job they have done here in the defense of Igbo survival agenda.
Dalu nu. Jisie nu ike!
O ga adiri ala Igbo mma!

Isee!

Onlytruth, ndu di n'eziokwu 1 of Igboland, Eze Ndigbo Nairaland. cool cool cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 5:17am On Jun 11, 2012
No one called you or any other Igbo a rogue.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 5:20am On Jun 11, 2012
Comic relief:

Onlytruth: I'm back now! Been in a meeting all day. cool

How was your broom flight back to earth. Hope there were no thunder jam on the way.

Calm down, Ogugua will soon a tribalist. I was Ms. Nigeria a few months ago, no?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 5:21am On Jun 11, 2012
kingoflag: Roflmao look at them, shameless men tagging themselves and challenging a lady their grand-daughter's age to a mud wrestling match in the middle of the village square.

What are you doing here and what is YOUR OWN interest in this thread?
Are you Igbo?
If not, why are you having sleeplessness over Igbo thread on Nairaland?
You are YORUBA. What concerns you with this thread.

Let me guess your answer already. lol

Beause you are a nazi hater, bigot blah blah.
Meanwhile you are here attacking us for conducting a peaceful and orderly discussion of how to help our selves.
Why not go try helping yourself for once? Oh no you can't do it because you would rather pull down Igbo than lift yourself. Pathetic human being. sad
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 5:21am On Jun 11, 2012
Onlytruth:
Now, ogugua would dare call us "rogue", when her own father is a member of TWO Igbo based organisations.
What does that make her? The daughter of a rogue! Simples. cool

For this statement I lost any atom of respect I had left for you. I never took any of this really serious, I just used to have fun logging on and bugging you and your likes because I know you guys have no life outside this virtual world and I just loved putting bees in your pants because I figured most of you tribalists weren't well upstairs anyways. But to insult her father just because of online differences shows that you're nothing more than a beast. Having a pe*nis does not make you man. You're a shame and a freaking disgrace and why anyone will want to be associated with you after this is beyond me! You're a loser!

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 5:22am On Jun 11, 2012
kingoflag: For this statement I lost any atom of respect I had left for you. I never took any of this really serious, I just used to have fun logging on and bugging you and your likes because I know you guys have no life outside this virtual world and I just loved putting bees in your pants because I figured most of you tribalists weren't well upstairs anyways. But to insult her father just because of online differences shows that you're nothing more than a beast. Having a pe*nis does Make you man. You're a shame and a freaking disgrace and why anyone will want to be associated with you after this is beyond me! You're a loser!

What are you doing here and what is YOUR OWN interest in this thread?
Are you Igbo?
If not, why are you having sleeplessness over Igbo thread on Nairaland?

Let me guess your answer already. lol

Beause you are a nazi hater, bigot blah blah.
Meanwhile you are here attacking us for conducting a peaceful and orderly discussion of how to help our selves.
Why not go try helping yourself for once? Oh no you can't do it because you would rather pull down Igbo than lift yourself. Pathetic human being.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 5:25am On Jun 11, 2012
ogugua88: No one called you or any other Igbo a rogue.

So, who said this?

You think we are all kids here? sad
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 5:26am On Jun 11, 2012
Onlytruth:

roflmao The Almighty won't let paranoia kill you village clowns. Anyone that differs from you beasts is automatically an outsider, efulefu, Saboteur, traitor or YORUBA. Smh What a shame......
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 5:27am On Jun 11, 2012
Onlytruth: So, who said this?

You think we are all kids here? sad

No one here is a child, but I see some read too fast out of emotion. Read what I said again, carefully and slowly. I did not call anyone a rogue.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 5:29am On Jun 11, 2012
Hypocrisy is a disease, so much in the realm of HIV, it can only be managed but can never be cured.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 5:30am On Jun 11, 2012
BTW ogugua, you should (if you really are smart and have no bones to pick with your own tribe) wonder why ANIMALS like
[b]Kingoflag [/b]is supporting you.

When the lion starts to cheer the young elephant for venturing farther and father away from the herd of elephants, the young elephant should know that it will soon become food for the lion.
Nuff said.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 5:34am On Jun 11, 2012
Onlytruth: BTW ogugua, you should (if you really are smart and have no bones to pick with your own tribe) wonder why ANIMALS like
[b]Kingoflag [/b]is supporting you.

When the lion starts to cheer the young elephant for venturing farther and father away from the herd of elephants, the young elephant should know that it will soon become food for the lion.
Nuff said.

You take me for a fool.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

President Jonathan's Food-Poisoning Suit In Gambian Court / Osinbajo Visits Family Of Precious Owolabi Killed In Shiites Protest (pics) / Musa Mante: Gunmen Kill Bauchi Lawmaker, Kidnap His 2 Wives And Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.