Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye (38163 Views)

Who Owns Lagos? By Sam Omatseye / Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. / Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 6:16pm On May 12, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

Lets get it started; As far as I can read the topic says "the yoruba are the most accomodating in Nigeria". Now Alh hare aka Jason, what makes the yoruba more accomodating and what makes the Igbos less accomodating ? Have you lived in lagos Island ? Have you lived in Onicha,PH,warri and Asaba ? I want you to give me one attribute that makes them more accomodating and dont give me that crap about all ethnic groups living in lagos cos lagos in not the only yoruba state and we have all ethnicities living in Aba,ph,onicha,jos,calabar and kano. So, tell me how the content of this article qualifies as a fact ? Did he make indepth research on how yorubas treat their visitors and compare that to how Igbos treat theirs ? How did he arrive at that conclusion? Could it be that he was mistaking the infrastructural abilities that lagos offers due to its host of the federal capital for decades for accomodation on the yoruba part ? I was born in jos and lived their till i was 15yrs before we moved to bini and from bini to lagos before i left for abroad. I have some solid facts from about the yorubas which i accumulated from experience in dealing with them. This is an assignment for you! I will present lots of my various encounter with yorubas as we progress..

Since you decided to refer to me in your post, yes, I am Alj harem!!!!! and he is me!!! Hope you can sleep tonight!

As for your yarns about accommodation or not, no city in the world is built on the foundation of intolerance. Therefore, why are there more cities in the SW than the SE?

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Chinom(m): 6:16pm On May 12, 2012
dayokanu:

I can see how deluded you are.

Let the gbege start and lets see how Igbos would uproot Lagos and locate it in the Ebonyi forest.

If you are looking for acts of cowardice, look no further than the warlord who skipped town to Abidjan and left his populace to die

Well, i'm happy that your leaders, Fashola and Tinubu understand what i'm talking about. To you dumbskulls here, i'm just mouthing off. But this is a serious issue.Lagos is a very delicate matter, and the last thing your leaders want is an Hausa/Igbo alliance on the issue of Lagos. Go back to my analysis with Jerusalem. Maybe you will start to get the picture. The bone of contention here is LAGOS. Not Ibadan, Ife or Ondo. Yorubas have to be very carefull on that because we Igbos will align with the hausas if our properties and investments are threatened. however, that will never happen simply because YORUBAS DON'T HAVE THE BALLS. So let's just leave lagos for what it is. Peace, i'm out.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:16pm On May 12, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

Lets get it started; As far as I can read the topic says "the yoruba are the most accomodating in Nigeria". Now Alh hare aka Jason, what makes the yoruba more accomodating and what makes the Igbos less accomodating ? Have you lived in lagos Island ? Have you lived in Onicha,PH,warri and Asaba ? I want you to give me one attribute that makes them more accomodating and dont give me that crap about all ethnic groups living in lagos cos lagos in not the only yoruba state and we have all ethnicities living in Aba,ph,onicha,jos,calabar and kano. So, tell me how the content of this article qualifies as a fact ? Did he make indepth research on how yorubas treat their visitors and compare that to how Igbos treat theirs ? How did he arrive at that conclusion? Could it be that he was mistaking the infrastructural abilities that lagos offers due to its host of the federal capital for decades for accomodation on the yoruba part ? I was born in jos and lived their till i was 15yrs before we moved to bini and from bini to lagos before i left for abroad. I have some solid facts from about the yorubas which i accumulated from experience in dealing with them. This is an assignment for you! I will present lots of my various encounter with yorubas as we progress..
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by eherbal(m): 6:16pm On May 12, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli: Afam,just wait cos am still reading; I will give these people both those who are claiming bini the lf.u.cking piece of my mind,today! You guys are in for a long haul. I lived in lagos for over12yrs and spoke their language! I know them more than most ppl does!
I'm waiting for you personally noise maker,but I doubt you'll show up.By the time I'm thru with your sick asss ,you'll ban yourself from NL

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 6:17pm On May 12, 2012
afam4eva:
Why are you so predictable? This is what you resort to after fanning the embers of ethnic war.

[size=18pt]How did I fan ethnic war ?? Please tell me bros afam

A reporter said yorubas are accommodating and I agreed with him until your silly eastern brothers came to start insulting yorubas calling us all sort of names just cause A NON-YORUBA SAID SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT YORUBA.

Infact, this thread should not have any Igbo in it in the right sense but ofcourse Igbos are quick to insult yorubas since they know we are cowards unlike the hausas where ordinary cartoon would cause the killing of Igbos.

Abeg carry on with una inult as far as I am concerned, Yorubas are not in any competition with the Ndigbo people so i don't see any bases for comparison here.

Yes again if it means so much to the Igbos so they can stop writing lies and insult about us, then by all means have it.

Again Igbos are the most accommodating group in Nigeria. Make we rest now[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 6:18pm On May 12, 2012
jason123:

Since you decided to refer to me in your post, yes, I am Alj harem!!!!! and he is me!!! Hope you can sleep tonight!

As for your yarns about accommodation or not, no city in the world is built on the foundation of intolerance. Therefore, why are there more cities in the SW than the SE?

[img]

LOL so you too be alj harem

Okija Juju as well cry cry cry

I don dey craze small small grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 6:19pm On May 12, 2012
Chinom:

Well, i'm happy that your leaders, Fashola and Tinubu understand what i'm talking about. To you dumbskulls here, i'm just mouthing off. But this is a serious issue.Lagos is a very delicate matter, and the last thing your leaders want is an Hausa/Igbo alliance on the issue of Lagos. Go back to my analysis with Jerusalem. Maybe you will start to get the picture. The bone of contention here is LAGOS. Not Ibadan, Ife or Ondo. Yorubas have to be very carefull on that because we Igbos will align with the hausas if our properties and investments are threatened. however, that will never happen simply because YORUBAS DON'T HAVE THE BALLS. So let's just leave lagos for what it is. Peace, i'm out.
[quote author=Chinom]

VERY FOO.LISH TALK! If you don't align then your name is not Chinom!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by eherbal(m): 6:19pm On May 12, 2012
Chinom:

did you just say align with the hausas?fooool!!tis like putting your head in a crocs mouth.God ,intelligence in dire need here

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 12, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:
grin
You are gradually coming out cheesy grin grin
There is nothing worth coming out from really. It is just an observation i have made on this forum. They must always show up talking smack about anything that is remotely Yoruba. I personally don't give a hoot about their opinions on Nairaland, but i will not shy away from responding to ignorance with ignorance!

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Afam4eva(m): 6:22pm On May 12, 2012
If it's people like Sam Omatseye are the ones that are going to help in taking Nigeria out of this quagmire through the media then it means we may have to wait longer than this because his utterance is not only chauvinistic but borne out of myopia and azz-licking. What's wrong with saying something like "Yorubas are one of the most accomodating groups in Nigeria". What he said can be seen as an insult to the entire Nigerian populace. Anyway, who i'm i to blame him. Like they say "He who plays the piper dictates the tune".
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 6:28pm On May 12, 2012
Chinom:

You'll just kill yourself over nothing. If any ethnic war breaks out between Yorubas and Igbos. I can bet that your leaders will beg. Apart from those area boys that will burn all your properties. Your people will simply be trapped. Lagos is surrounded at all sides. Before you can get to your SE, you'll have to pass through Ogun and Ondo. Its a pity that the present generation, instead of looking for peace, they want war.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 6:29pm On May 12, 2012
I don't see other ethnic groups threaten the peace of Lagos on the internet like these people, WHY?!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:30pm On May 12, 2012
jason123:

Look zombie, you started this thread to boost your ego hence you shouldnt delay this thread! This isnt about how many cities are there in southwest or southeast,rather the thread which was started by you clearly says "yoruba are the best at accomodating strangers in nigeria", therefore do not derail this thread so we can finish what you started ! About who has more cities; dont play dumb cos you know yoruba has more land mass than the southeast! However,thats your divert tactics.
Odenigbo Aroli:

Now deal with this problem,you tribalistic chauvanistic scumbag !
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 6:30pm On May 12, 2012
I mean, well-meaning people, please take a look at this threat?! Is it not silly?!

Chinom:

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 12, 2012
afam4eva: If it's people like Sam Omatseye are the ones that are going to help in taking Nigeria out of this quagmire through the media then it means we may have to wait longer than this because his utterance is not only chauvinistic but borne out of myopia and azz-licking. What's wrong with saying something like "Yorubas are one of the most accomodating groups in Nigeria". What he said can be seen as an insult to the entire Nigerian populace. Anyway, who i'm i to blame him. Like they say "He who plays the piper dictates the tune".

i think its he who pays the piper...I have never had to use this proverb, but common sense told me your version of it didn't make sense!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 6:32pm On May 12, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

Look zombie, you started this thread to boost your ego hence you shouldnt delay this thread! This isnt about how many cities are there in southwest or southeast,rather the thread which was started by you clearly says "yoruba are the best at accomodating strangers in nigeria", therefore do not derail this thread so we can finish what you started ! About who has more cities; dont play dumb cos you know yoruba has more land mass than the southeast! However,thats your divert tactics.

Now deal with this problem,you tribalistic chauvanistic scumbag !

I started the thread??! You are funny! It is known fact the Yorubas and SSoutherns are the most accommodating!

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by eherbal(m): 6:33pm On May 12, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

is this all you can muster?what crime did your daddy commit that your FAmily was treated like outcast in every state?maybe tis not a youruba or binin tin.while your numerous igbo brothers are agreeing to the thread,you're at variance.This also means you take serious note of your mental health too.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bashr8: 6:34pm On May 12, 2012
jason123:

olodo you went and picked a map that suits your stupid agenda, thats why you people can never be trusted.

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:35pm On May 12, 2012
jason123: I mean, well-meaning people, please take a look at this threat?! Is it not silly?!

jason123:

You'll just kill yourself over nothing. If any ethnic war breaks out between Yorubas and Igbos. I can bet that your leaders will beg. Apart from those area boys that will burn all your properties. Your people will simply be trapped. Lagos is surrounded at all sides. Before you can get to your SE, you'll have to pass through Ogun and Ondo. Its a pity that the present generation, instead of looking for peace, they want war.

This is an Itsekiri man who is about to marry an Igbo lady !
Let me ask you one question; Why do you hate Igbos ? Have they ever stolen from you or did the yorubas ask you to help them fight the Igbos ? You are Itsekiri,indeed !
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Afam4eva(m): 6:35pm On May 12, 2012
jason123:

I started the thread??! You are funny! It is known fact the Yorubas and SSoutherns are the most accommodating!
This is where the problem is. It's a known fact even though no form of statictics was carried out. You guys make me laugh. And pls stop patronizing the south-south.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Afam4eva(m): 6:36pm On May 12, 2012
engineerd:

i think its he who pays the piper...I have never had to use this proverb, but common sense told me your version of it didn't make sense!
This is the first time i'm also using the proverb and really didn't think it through.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 6:36pm On May 12, 2012
bashr8:

olodo you went and picked a map that suits your stupid agenda, thats why you people can never be trusted.

Abeg, shut it. Simply type in "Nigerian cities" and the map I posted will come up. Moreover, check the link to the map I posted, it was from AN IGBO!

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 6:38pm On May 12, 2012
afam4eva:
This is where the problem is. It's a known fact even though no form of statictics was carried out. You guys make me laugh. And pls stop patronizing the south-south.

Patronising?! Bruv, I am not. It is a FACT!!!!! What stats do I need to prove that?! Anyone who is neutral will say the same thing!

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:40pm On May 12, 2012
e-herbal:
is this all you can muster?what crime did your daddy commit that your FAmily was treated like outcast in every state?maybe tis not a youruba or binin tin.while your numerous igbo brothers are agreeing to the thread,you're at variance.This also means you take serious note of your mental health too.

People treat Igbos like outcaste ? You are very ignorant! you should have given me facts that made you think yorubas are best at accomodating instead of this your weak one-liner response. Go back in the house!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by vanstanzy(m): 6:41pm On May 12, 2012
Sam is right, yorubas are indeed very accomodating. Look critically around u n u'll c. But its amazing how a seemingly harmless topic that calls 4 serious discussion gets some people eg Bluetooth n co to start tearing@their throats. Bluetooth n co ought to be sacrificed to the oracle.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Afam4eva(m): 6:41pm On May 12, 2012
jason123:

Patronising?! Bruv, I am not. It is a FACT!!!!! What stats do I need to prove that?! Anyone who is neutral will say the same thing!
Are you neutral? No.

Anyone who's neutral could say so because majority of Nigerians live in Lagos. Even if there are 15 million Igbos in lagos and 500 Yorubas in Enugu, it does not make the Yorubas more accomodating. If we follow your line of thought, it mean New York is the most accomodating city in the US.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 6:42pm On May 12, 2012
It should strive for the utmost idea that Yorubas are known for in accommodating divergent views . . .

http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/articles/akintola_is_was_right.htm
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Afam4eva(m): 6:42pm On May 12, 2012
vanstanzy: Sam is right, yorubas are indeed very accomodating. Look critically around u n u'll c. But its amazing how a seemingly harmless topic that calls 4 serious discussion gets some people eg Bluetooth n co to start tearing@their throats. Bluetooth n co ought to be sacrificed to the oracle.
Nobody is disputing the fact that Yorubas are accomodating. But in saying this, are we saying other Nigerians are not accomodating too? or are we saying Yorubas are more accomodating than Igbos and other groups? if so, why do you think so?
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:44pm On May 12, 2012
afam4eva:

Did you pay close attention? He said south south and yoruba! Now south south has become an ethnic group ! And these are supposed to be the nigerian graduates ?
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Afam4eva(m): 6:48pm On May 12, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

Did you pay close attention? He said south south and yoruba! Now south south has become an ethnic group ! And these are supposed to be the nigerian graduates ?
That's the situation we've found ourselves in. People have become ethnic warriors who sacrifice logic on the alter of hate and bigotry.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by dayokanu(m): 6:50pm On May 12, 2012
bashr8:

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/701886[/img]

Even the map above shows more SW cities. There is no way you want to look at it SW >> SE whether na population of development
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by BlackPikiN(m): 6:52pm On May 12, 2012
It's so funny for one baga to include Ogbomosho as a city because he saw ogbomosho and Owo on the map.
kai, no be Ogbomosho and Owo again abi na another one!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply)

“we Are Suffering,” Kano Residents Chant During VP Osinbajo’s Visit / Buhari Appoints Mele Kyari As NNPC GMD / Okuama Killing: President Tinubu Issues A Public Statement (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.